What's new

RPG RPG Maker [DEVIL'S OFFICE] SHRIFT (RJ209839)

rex1996

Reputation score
how do you translate the game as i got it you have to decrypt the game but i cant find a way to do it could you plz help me

F4S1

Reputation score
Do not ask for a game for ANY reason. Asking for or alluding to links to game downloads is prohibited. Permanent ban.
Does anyone have shrift 8.07? I can't find it anywhere.

Sintonir

Reputation score
Is there a way to get Great Buddha Statues before EX scenarios? I couldn't find it anywhere except for one from Hyakki's second chest...

FloofyIsGood

Reputation score
Hey, I'm having an error during part two with the most recent translation patch. It's trying to pull the feral harpy, and it just zonks out every time it does so.
Any advice?
Looks like the game can't find the respective file. Check if it's there, named properly, and that path itself is correct?

ctx18

Lurker
Reputation score
So I managed to finish this game (on my old laptop, couldn't migrate data because of how old it was and because it be BROKEN) And I REALLY do not want to go through the whole damn game again doing the mercy run again. Is there any kind soul with a full save (including EX4) out there? Perhaps @Anegorami has one? If so, would you be so inclined to share? I have the game, I just need a save cuz I do not want to deal with some of those ridiculous RNG fights again (ESPECIALLY DAKI'S FIGHTS)

someonebored

Reputation score
So I managed to finish this game (on my old laptop, couldn't migrate data because of how old it was and because it be BROKEN) And I REALLY do not want to go through the whole damn game again doing the mercy run again. Is there any kind soul with a full save (including EX4) out there? Perhaps @Anegorami has one? If so, would you be so inclined to share? I have the game, I just need a save cuz I do not want to deal with some of those ridiculous RNG fights again (ESPECIALLY DAKI'S FIGHTS)

Attachments

J300mer

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Maybe it's the paternalist in me but good endings that require you to blindly forgive everything while giving said perpetrator total trust just sounds like you lost against the psy-op.

TheUnsaid

Reputation score
Maybe it's the paternalist in me but good endings that require you to blindly forgive everything while giving said perpetrator total trust just sounds like you lost against the psy-op.
To be fair, the neutral ending is the canon one I believe.

The reason the good end is the way it is, is because in both Undertale and SHRIFT, the dev has every expectation you'll go for Neutral first and then learn about the circumstances of that world.

You're supposed to take that knowledge and understanding of the circumstances to play again, to try and get a happier outcome for everyone based on knowledge you got playing the game naturally.

The reason Daji is not in the final picture and explicitly tells you she doesn't love you at Affection 100, is because even the dev expected players to hate her for her actions. She's not a heroine in the game.

J300mer

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
True, albeit it's weird that she still winds up "Usable" as a partnerr and not just a genuine villain.

TheUnsaid

Reputation score
True, albeit it's weird that she still winds up "Usable" as a partnerr and not just a genuine villain.
Meh, it's the same with a lot of girls. Spider's whole thing is that she only knows how to live one way, and is curious about how to live normally from Kazuya's determination.

She really shouldn't be a partner. Her true nature is that of a creature who's eaten sentient creatures.

Daji's nature is pretty bad too.

At least spider is somewhat reformable since she's just ignorant. Daji knew the harms of what she was doing and did it anyway.

Anyways at the end of the day SHRIFT isn't perfect. The devs erotic desires influenced his narrative and the heroines truly suffered as a result.

My take? Neutral end made me the happiest. I did True Mercy and all that extra content just for context. No chance I'll try genocide cause I honestly think the only girls that deserve to die are spider and Daji. The others are either being coerced or are ignorant of the affect they are having.

Ginek

Reputation score
To be fair, the neutral ending is the canon one I believe.

The reason the good end is the way it is, is because in both Undertale and SHRIFT, the dev has every expectation you'll go for Neutral first and then learn about the circumstances of that world.

You're supposed to take that knowledge and understanding of the circumstances to play again, to try and get a happier outcome for everyone based on knowledge you got playing the game naturally.

The reason Daji is not in the final picture and explicitly tells you she doesn't love you at Affection 100, is because even the dev expected players to hate her for her actions. She's not a heroine in the game.
Well, Arachne doesn't love you and it is present at the final picture, maybe it was for some other reason

TheUnsaid

Reputation score
Well, Arachne doesn't love you and it is present at the final picture, maybe it was for some other reason
But she does tho...
Her final scene is literally her trying to eat you, and then cause you can't die in My Room, you come out.
She realizes she's happy you didn't die, because of how much she likes spending time with you. She originally eats you, to keep you all to herself.

Arachne is honestly a fucked up character considering she's lived in that cave her whole life and has no idea how to interact with people or the value of human life, but yeah, she's legit yandere levels by Affection 100.

Only Daji and the Merchant explicitly say they don't have any special feelings for you.

Ginek

Reputation score
But she does tho...
Her final scene is literally her trying to eat you, and then cause you can't die in My Room, you come out.
She realizes she's happy you didn't die, because of how much she likes spending time with you. She originally eats you, to keep you all to herself.

Arachne is honestly a fucked up character considering she's lived in that cave her whole life and has no idea how to interact with people or the value of human life, but yeah, she's legit yandere levels by Affection 100.

Only Daji and the Merchant explicitly say they don't have any special feelings for you.
My idea of that was because of her marriage ending that is pretty fucked up too, that's why i would lump her with Daji im, but i can understand your perspective, but she doesn't look redeemable to me

Aesthetic

Reputation score
... Didn't she NUKE herself for the MC?

MG's being women.
If you're talking about the Merchant, just remember she's the Sans of that world.
Where she has extra information on how the world works.

When you specifically get to affection 100 and try to unlock her final chest she specifies how she doesn't really like you like that. I assume it's because the writing was planning on making her a recurring character for future games.

My idea of that was because of her marriage ending that is pretty fucked up too, that's why i would lump her with Daji im, but i can understand your perspective, but she doesn't look redeemable to me
I don't think Unsaid is saying you should like her. I think he's just saying that she loves the MC.

Fusiondrop

Reputation score
Please, SOMEONE SAVE MEEEE! i getting so mad with strategies to take down enemies like iron maiden, is my first try playing and i without knowing was doing a genocide, i tried to get back to normal and stop killing tha plants ultil i fighted the iron maiden phase one, it was a normal fight despite i was on food difficulty, but the maze of plants turned me mad, so mad that i throw the shit on air and killed every single FUCKING PLANT, i was relieved and certain to take the genocide to finish in this difficulty, but when i found the iron maiden 2... IT LOOKS LIKE IMPOSSIBLE! i studied the moves and the random number generator of combos, is so random that i would needed more than a miracle to pass this MONSTER, 2 action per turn and could take 4 if i got stunned, and man... how i got stun in this battle, she needs simples 2 actions to make i need spend 1 mine to struggle and even with the special, sometimes i can't struggle then is already fucke up, the lust bar reached the max... I getting out of ideas to sustain a consistent fight to take down her.