What's new

RPG RPG Maker [DEVIL'S OFFICE] SHRIFT (RJ209839)

Zana

Reputation score
I noticed there is a scene in the game that isn't recorded in the loss room and u can't view it in the collection room either (Attached Picture) You get this one when fighting the twin dolls. Anyone know of any others?

Abandonedacc

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Does anyone know if you can 100% the genocide route?
As far as it goes i was able to collect the kill rewards only for barghest, lampas, empuse, echo(best farm ever)
I'm stuck at 8/10 for the rabbit and mukuro.

Also the sphinx made her way into my underword anyway and i can't seem to save hyakki (to possibly kill titanboa?) the same way you do on the pacifist route.
I noticed there is a scene in the game that isn't recorded in the loss room and u can't view it in the collection room either (Attached Picture) You get this one when fighting the twin dolls. Anyone know of any others?
well lore wise twin dolls its acutally the first demon who only want to REALLY kill you so makes sence isnt in collection room but yeah wierd isnt in the game over scenes one.

Reputation score
hmm... Interesting... am i the only one who wants to destroy and annihilate everything i see? I mean yeah, its nice to see all the bio weapons and monstergirls being alive & happy.

Slaughter ( Genocide ) is truly in my nature, perhaps i just wanna get my brains f**ked by the red hair oni super badly. :sneaky::sneaky::sneaky:

sh.png

By the way he said something about next week huh? perhaps 27th dec?

Attachments

Abandonedacc

Tentacle God
Reputation score
hmm... Interesting... am i the only one who wants to destroy and annihilate everything i see? I mean yeah, its nice to see all the bio weapons and monstergirls being alive & happy.

Slaughter ( Genocide ) is truly in my nature, perhaps i just wanna get my brains f**ked by the red hair oni super badly. :sneaky::sneaky::sneaky:

View attachment 18570

ouch i got multiple paper cuts just reading it.

welp then its very very late december.

tppcrpg

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Weird, when I try to raise friendship with doggo to 100 it resets back to 20.

Mikufanboy

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

Nah, only heretics would consort with monsters, you're on the right path my friend. In all seriously, you really can't expect the darker toned storyline to be more popular then happy ever after, most people are just too soft to handle the despair that comes with killing something you find adorable or lovable. It makes for a damn good story though.

I hope the final chapter is bug free, I doubt many people will have time to check for bugs during new years.

ajmajm28

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
I haven't killed anyone on this save slot.
Did you kill someone on another save slot? I believe it is saved globally meaning you want at least two copies of the game one for genocide and one for pacifist.

Abandonedacc

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Nah, only heretics would consort with monsters, you're on the right path my friend. In all seriously, you really can't expect the darker toned storyline to be more popular then happy ever after, most people are just too soft to handle the despair that comes with killing something you find adorable or lovable. It makes for a damn good story though.

I hope the final chapter is bug free, I doubt many people will have time to check for bugs during new years.
after all the bugs we are suffering in the "kuro dominator" thread, haha no plz no more bugs anyway i didnt remember part 2 or 3 to have wierd bugs so yeah very unlikely the last part be bugged to the point of being unplayable.

Aesthetic

Reputation score

It's got nothing to do with being soft though? I was originally killing all the monsters because I agreed that, the fact that they sucked the souls out of their enemies was horrifying, and that they were the enemy of humanity. Then I learned that they were just kidnapped humans turned monster by hecate, and I felt bad for my actions. I was fighting with my own morality. Sadly since the translation is engrish I didn't know that the game actually gave you hints that the monsters might not actually be evil on their own.

Also, I really disagree with the statement that killing and death makes for "a damn good story." Games like Hatred and Manhunt are some of the most immature games I've ever seen in my life.

Madflavor

Reputation score
Damn man I didn't think we'd be waiting this long for Part 4. A Christmas or New Years release maybe?

Mikufanboy

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score
It's got nothing to do with being soft though? I was originally killing all the monsters because I agreed that, the fact that they sucked the souls out of their enemies was horrifying, and that they were the enemy of humanity. Then I learned that they were just kidnapped humans turned monster by hecate, and I felt bad for my actions. I was fighting with my own morality. Sadly since the translation is engrish I didn't know that the game actually gave you hints that the monsters might not actually be evil on their own.

Also, I really disagree with the statement that killing and death makes for "a damn good story." Games like Hatred and Manhunt are some of the most immature games I've ever seen in my life.
It does in the context I provided, that's not to say you have to be a softy to hate killing kawaii lovely waifus, but it's certainly a reason for people. The notion of killing something else can be seen as darker tone, despite the fact that we do it in almost every video game to non-consequential entities like slimes and goblins, the feelings you get is amplified the deeper of an intellectual understanding you can come with the opponent and as a result, find it harder to kill or find a reason to I suppose. Games like Nier: Automata and Undertale do a great job of playing around with those emotions.

My point on "killing makes a damn good story" is that a story with mature tones isn't as restricted as a story 'meant for kids'. That's not to say family friendly storylines can't have a good story, but the more restricted a world is creatively speaking, the more familiar the experiences become. You get jaded from the experiences eventually and being that stories that focus on adult themes tend to have the most creative freedom, they generally have more room to seek a rise and emotional response from the audience. Again, that's not to say just because the box is smaller doesn't mean you can't find your comfort zone in that box, it's just the bigger the box, the more room there is for you to enjoy yourself. Whether you choose to or not at any point in your life just describes who you were at the time. So when I said "killing makes a damn good story", I'm just reflecting myself to be bored of vanilla experiences from over exposure of the same elements in a universe that may or may not be restricted from adult themes.

Last edited:

Abandonedacc

Tentacle God
Reputation score
taste for anyone, just i dislike how MC goes on genocide even worse if you did a pacifist run before, not gonna lie DEV did a good job on the monster personality/nature to influence in the route you pick.

-We have somewhat "pure" demons in the sence they are naive as fuck and arent "true demons" like Barguest, Haru and mother rabbit (the desire of a mother from orphans). So killing them makes you feel bad woohooo.

-Smart ones but arent really full-demons like Liz, lampas and oni they are more like humans in essence they show "humanity" and are just doing their own business giving a fuck about the war. So really here the choise its free. if you think they are bad or good its you choise.

-Finally the spicy MAMA mia ones, where stuff get really questionable: here we got all the WAR-modified demons with honor mentions to arachne and titanoba. Here you are sparing demons just for the sake of the pacifist route.

Also something i got me really off its about Twin-dolls, killing them doesnt affect the pacifist route for some reason even when we can spare literally a serial-murderer that kills anything just for boredom like titanoba. I know twin-dolls its implicist they want just to kill you but that goes to arachne and titanoba too.

AHHH WHERE ITS PART 3 !!??

Last edited:

Aesthetic

Reputation score
It does in the context I provided, that's not to say you have to be a softy to hate killing kawaii lovely waifus, but it's certainly a reason for people. The notion of killing something else can be seen as darker tone, despite the fact that we do it in almost every video game to non-consequential entities like slimes and goblins, the feelings you get is amplified the deeper of an intellectual understanding you can come with the opponent and as a result, find it harder to kill or find a reason to I suppose. Games like Nier: Automata and Undertale do a great job of playing around with those emotions.

My point on "killing makes a damn good story" is that a story with mature tones isn't as restricted as a story 'meant for kids'. That's not to say family friendly storylines can't have a good story, but the more restricted a world is creatively speaking, the more familiar the experiences become. You get jaded from the experiences eventually and being that stories that focus on adult themes tend to have the most creative freedom, they generally have more room to seek a rise and emotional response from the audience. Again, that's not to say just because the box is smaller doesn't mean you can't find your comfort zone in that box, it's just the bigger the box, the more room there is for you to enjoy yourself. Whether you choose to or not at any point in your life just describes who you were at the time. So when I said "killing makes a damn good story", I'm just reflecting myself to be bored of vanilla experiences from over exposure of the same elements in a universe that may or may not be restricted from adult themes.
I mean as long as death's possible in any story, the "box" so to speak gets wider.
Justice League the animated series goes into some crazy themes about humanity, and the concept of trading power for security. The heroes in the Marvel movies aren't really murders either, and those guys deal with the military industrial complex, and the ideological corruption of corporations.

I will agree that if a piece of work just COMPLETELY ignores violence or death it has a lot less room to develop thematically. Just like if a piece of work COMPLETELY ignores sexuality it has a lot less room to develop thematically.

SHRIFT though, does have death explicitly occur, and sexuality be relevant despite your choices so it's not limiting its story themes based on route choice imo.
In MGQ for instance, Luca doesn't kill anyone, but that game has the freedom to go into whatever themes it wants because it's not shying away from death and sex.

Abandonedacc

Tentacle God
Reputation score
I mean as long as death's possible in any story, the "box" so to speak gets wider.
Justice League the animated series goes into some crazy themes about humanity, and the concept of trading power for security. The heroes in the Marvel movies aren't really murders either, and those guys deal with the military industrial complex, and the ideological corruption of corporations.

I will agree that if a piece of work just COMPLETELY ignores violence or death it has a lot less room to develop thematically. Just like if a piece of work COMPLETELY ignores sexuality it has a lot less room to develop thematically.

SHRIFT though, does have death explicitly occur, and sexuality be relevant despite your choices so it's not limiting its story themes based on route choice imo.
"MC insanely stabs lampas meanwhile she its hugging him and cryng, asking herself if everything its just a bad joke and wishing this isnt really happening"

genocide its too edgy for me sadly and really offer nothing to me other than being able to kick (or get kicked) Hekate and Oni ass just for fun.

Mikufanboy

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

In MGQ for instance, Luca doesn't kill anyone, but that game has the freedom to go into whatever themes it wants because it's not shying away from death and sex.
Justice League the animated series did tackle a number of controversial or philisophical plots in some of their episodes yes, but keeping to their age rating, a couple of patterns start emerging in their daily routine. The heroes always win, no one is ever shown to die permanently, nothing is too gruesome, no real life imitations of weaponry are shown, characters never seem to change their personality (Especially folks like green arrow) and the list goes on. You can see these similaries in marvel shows or older cartoon heroics like He Man, Captain Planet or Voltron. Of course, these are the limitations due to being family friendly, and that doesn't stop them from being very entertaining and dipping their toes on some of the more adult like themes, but they can NEVER go past that point. Once you start asking for more in-depth looks into the questions they ask or a more realistic scenario portrayal of the situations they're in, you really start to wonder past what these shows can provide you with in terms of answers or fulfillment. Then you start getting shows like the Thanatos flick or moving onto anime; shows like Death Note, Elfin Lied or Code Geass that can broaden the horizon in terms of story telling you couldn't see from shows that pertain to vanilla experiences.

Ultimately, it's subjective and what the person wants at the time if they desire their fantasy stories to have relative real life implications etched into the storyline, or if they just want good guys to beat up bad guys all the time. I will say, that the latter is vastly more popular and easier to sell. That doesn't make it bad obviously, and most of the time it's very entertaining, but for people who seek the former, it just gets tiring seeing all these melodramatic shows with events that you can predict based off of patterns you've experienced for decades now. In the end, I just really like more violence and tragedy that's well written over heroes that save the girl and save the world, but that's just me. There have been shows that surprise me like One Punch Man, so it's not like the imagination is dead on the vanilla front.