What's new

RPG RPG Maker [DEVIL'S OFFICE] SHRIFT (RJ209839)

Madflavor

Reputation score
So I tried NG+ using my True Mercy route. It seems like NG+ is basically designed to have you just go back and befriend any monster you missed, because if you befriended all of them, you pretty much breeze through NG+ without any battles. At least that's how it feels so far. I stopped a 2-1.

If you have all the monsters, it seems like there's no real point.

Passerby4554

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Ok, I haven't been on this forum for a wicked long time. Here's what I want to know: have there been any major developments to the game and is there a full English translation yet?

Abandonedacc

Tentacle God
Reputation score
So I tried NG+ using my True Mercy route. It seems like NG+ is basically designed to have you just go back and befriend any monster you missed, because if you befriended all of them, you pretty much breeze through NG+ without any battles. At least that's how it feels so far. I stopped a 2-1.

Theres flavor text and that it, the trolling hekate scene was fun.

Ok, I haven't been on this forum for a wicked long time. Here's what I want to know: have there been any major developments to the game and is there a full English translation yet?
The game its complete and now the developer/nekomata its working on DLCs to add more lore or just h-scenes, now neko promised a fully translation but looks like it will not happen or it will takes ages, Oh and a sequel its confirmed too.

Lvl1villager translation still super useful despite the broken english, you can call it "full" since its covers the whole game, you can found it on the translation section.

Madflavor

Reputation score
Truth be told I wish Neko would just drop his work on the DLCs after this next one, and just focus his work on the sequel. Mio and Yami were great, but Shrift as it is now, feels like a complete package to me.

nossiob

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
i wish i could support this guy with paypal and still get the benefits of the DLCs, but ci-en only supports jap dlsite point or credit card

Abandonedacc

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Truth be told I wish Neko would just drop his work on the DLCs after this next one, and just focus his work on the sequel. Mio and Yami were great, but Shrift as it is now, feels like a complete package to me.
Uhhh yeah, also the whole deal with ex-missions, the thing people will still request those dlc becouse "everyone" wanted to see those harpies in game and no just a lore thingy, also now with the tease of Empuse on a more like human form.......yeah, people supporting him will go crazy for that too.

Theres no breaks in the fanservice train (?) anyway isnt like the sequel will happen soon TM.

Passerby4554

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Ok, since I picked the game back up, I've reached Chapter 2 and I've run into 2 snags, one of them probably just being an old bug that was patched long ago, and the second just a nuisance that I can't figure out.
1) After we see the gunship, there is a girl who appears inside of a spotlight that plays a scene and a mock battle. The issue is that after the battle is done, the Timer bar stays on screen and fills itself when I leave an area or enter battle. Also, no matter what I do on the second portion of the mock battle, I keep succeeding on the second portion despite whatever button I press.
2) After we get rescued by the scientist and leave the area and continue forward, we get to the point where it looks like we were transported to the past or something and after the scene plays, I am utterly stuck because I have no idea how to proceed in that stage.
If anyone can help me out with these problems, I would be very appreciative for the help and if anyone responds through a direct message instead of just here in the forum, I would be doubly appreciative.

Blessed Shikibuss

Reputation score
How do you start a new game plus?, when i click chapter select on my clear file it just loads the save

Shrifted

Reputation score
What files do you need to paste over to keep your progress? Obviously you have to paste over your Save folder, but where is meta progress stored? I'm trying to move over my ng+ files to the new Gaijinizer patch that came out for testing....

2) After we get rescued by the scientist and leave the area and continue forward, we get to the point where it looks like we were transported to the past or something and after the scene plays, I am utterly stuck because I have no idea how to proceed in that stage.
Passerby, you mean the door with the switch puzzle? I have no clue how to get the solution, but it is...
2 - 5
4 - 1
6 - 3

Press the buttons in order of those numbers, and the door should open.

Abandonedacc

Tentacle God
Reputation score
How do you start a new game plus?, when i click chapter select on my clear file it just loads the save
wierd i should picked "being new journey" or something like that and tada, the game save should be called EX now (Ende the reason why the new dlcs are EX-missions ?).

Ok, since I picked the game back up, I've reached Chapter 2 and I've run into 2 snags, one of them probably just being an old bug that was patched long ago, and the second just a nuisance that I can't figure out.
1) After we see the gunship, there is a girl who appears inside of a spotlight that plays a scene and a mock battle. The issue is that after the battle is done, the Timer bar stays on screen and fills itself when I leave an area or enter battle. Also, no matter what I do on the second portion of the mock battle, I keep succeeding on the second portion despite whatever button I press.
If anyone can help me out with these problems, I would be very appreciative for the help and if anyone responds through a direct message instead of just here in the forum, I would be doubly appreciative.
Also the switch puzzle makes a noise everytime you step in the correct symbol.

Passerby4554

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Thank you guys, I'll message again when I need help. Still, I didn't get an answer about the timer bar thing, but I bet that's being worked on or already fixed and I need a newer version.

And that didn't take long until I had a new problem. I can't seem to start chapter 3. Is my version so old that I don't have any chapters past the first two or am I missing something crucial to start chapter three?
*After playing around some more* Welp, I figured out how to unlock the doll in the kimono in the "Request" room, and I also figured out how to fix the bug with the timer bar, both I achieved with the NG+ feature or at least using the "Select Chapter" option with a save I had far ahead. I'll play around and see if I can get anything else to develop, but I'll also look for an answer here.

Anegorami

Reputation score
changed to white :v
@AleGMaster post your save file - I want to see this interesting bug myself. Also, you can find a full save on my MEGA folder, see this post.
https://ulmf.org/threads/devils-office-shrift-rj209839.11163/page-58#post-1038136

Marriage endings. Whole point of speedrunning the NG+ mode.

What files do you need to paste over to keep your progress? Obviously you have to paste over your Save folder, but where is meta progress stored? I'm trying to move over my ng+ files to the new Gaijinizer patch that came out for testing....
All carryover flags/variables are stored inside PublicData.rvdata2.

Thank you guys, I'll message again when I need help. Still, I didn't get an answer about the timer bar thing, but I bet that's being worked on or already fixed and I need a newer version.

And that didn't take long until I had a new problem. I can't seem to start chapter 3. Is my version so old that I don't have any chapters past the first two or am I missing something crucial to start chapter three?
*After playing around some more* Welp, I figured out how to unlock the doll in the kimono in the "Request" room, and I also figured out how to fix the bug with the timer bar, both I achieved with the NG+ feature or at least using the "Select Chapter" option with a save I had far ahead. I'll play around and see if I can get anything else to develop, but I'll also look for an answer here.
Post the version number of your copy of the game, please (can be found in 更新履歴.txt).

Passerby4554

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Post the version number of your copy of the game, please (can be found in 更新履歴.txt).
Says "3/18 Version2.0" and considering the date modified info on it says 3/16/2018, I definitely have an old version, but the question is what version is the game at.

Anegorami

Reputation score
Says "3/18 Version2.0" and considering the date modified info on it says 3/16/2018, I definitely have an old version, but the question is what version is the game at.
Current version is 4.18, AFAIK. Since your version is 2.xx, you only get two playable chapters, no nothing is wrong here.

Passerby4554

Demon Girl
Reputation score
You can ever buy the game or look for a download but you should buy it’s cheap
Way ahead of you. Part of me wants to ask someone to send me a link to a "Guide" to help me with 4.18, but I'll just have to be patient. Since I have no way to buy right now, I'll torrent.

Anegorami

Reputation score
Way ahead of you. Part of me wants to ask someone to send me a link to a "Guide" to help me with 4.18, but I'll just have to be patient.
If by "a Guide" you meant a walkthrough, I posted my notes on a previous page of the thread - they are cover most aspects of the game (excluding some minor collectables, like gunparts).

Passerby4554

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Ok, I think I just put myself into a big pickle this time. I did a thing to get the alley key and not have to deal with the nonsense of the two catgirls, but I didn't realize that doing so made them go away and not be findable! Tell me there is a way to fix this without modding the game or starting from scratch! I already tried Chapter Select, which I think is the NG+ function, but they don't appear and I'm starting to freak out a little! I'm gonna head to bed now, but hopefully, there will be a solution available in the morning.

Anegorami

Reputation score
Ok, I think I just put myself into a big pickle this time. I did a thing to get the alley key and not have to deal with the nonsense of the two catgirls, but I didn't realize that doing so made them go away and not be findable! Tell me there is a way to fix this without modding the game or starting from scratch! I already tried Chapter Select, which I think is the NG+ function, but they don't appear and I'm starting to freak out a little! I'm gonna head to bed now, but hopefully, there will be a solution available in the morning.
Post your save, I will tinker it a little.

And "Chapter Select" is an Intervention - one of the core gameplay elements.