What's new

RPG RPG Maker [DEVIL'S OFFICE] SHRIFT (RJ209839)

FloofyIsGood

Reputation score
Yes, NG+ pretty much skip every girl you friended already with them doing some comical event or showing them just chilling around...(like how hecate end frustrated and confused becouse lampas and emphuse are trolling her no stop)
Cool, but how do I begin it? I don't see any option, and I can't select a chapter from 'game clear' save :(

goodolrub

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
M.rabbit marriage ending is nice. strange that he didn't become a "rabbit" boy but the ending is good.

NomNomCookiesss

Reputation score
Has anyone fully patched the game? I tried using the github to do it and i followed the instructions but couldn't get chapter 4 translated. Need some help please.

Shrifted

Reputation score
Github is mostly out of date, unfortunately. The latest patch, as posted in the translation thread, is located here:

For chapter 4 content, Camazotz was completely translated by a kind soul, but the rest of it is machine translation only.

I've been working on manually translating Chapter 4-2, but unfortunately Lv1Villager (The person who maintains it and made the auto-translator) seems to have been away from the forum for the last month, so he hasn't updated the OP recently. Once I get to a point where I can call most of the work translated, I'll probably release my own version of the patch. Next week will be busy, but I was fairly close to completely translating all of Daiji's battle lines, as well as most of the main dialogue other then the secret tape.

As for a translation of the new EX content, I have no idea how to make a new version of the machine translation to cover it, sorry.

Shrifted

Reputation score

I'm getting this error whenever one of the lesser harpies grab me, does anyone know how to fix this?

Shrifted

Reputation score
I haven't needed to before this, but I'll see if extracting the files while my locale is JP will do anything....

Edit: Looks like extracting it while I had the right locale worked. Thanks!

Now, I'll see if I can generate a new machine patch with the logs I get from Gaijinizer for 5.08. It might not be as good as Lv1's, but it will at least help a bit for fans who want to have an idea of what's going on in the EX Dungeon....

Last edited:

nossiob

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
yes please, anything helps if you cant read or cant understand jp

Shrifted

Reputation score
Used the logs to figure out what actually needed changing, and started an experimental branch on my github fork to start work on it. Thankfully just running the lines through Google Translator shouldn't take too long, even manually.....

Minor on-topic note for here: I've seen no one mention the fact that Hyakki has a new EX shop option with very new looking items if you visit her in her room now and go to what she's selling :3

malcolm474

Reputation score
@Cm-4574865 There is an English translation patch out for Shrift: https://ulmf.org/threads/shrift-machine-translation.11975/ (I did some of the work on it myself).

I assume that'll make it a lot more enjoyable experience for you :3
In addition, you'll need v4.18 to access the DLC.

It looks like there's a link to the translation in the Shrift OP here, but it's heavily outdated. It would be sweet if a moderator could link it to the OP of translation patch thread.....
I installed the patch yesterday and it works great so far. This is a difficult game, so that really helps. It took me awhile to figure out how to install it. When you give instructions, I think that you have to be very thorough and precise, and assume that you are talking to a five year old. OK, I have to stop. It's nap time. Thanks very much.

malcolm474

Reputation score
How do you do Iron maiden 1-3 on mercy route?
Do 'Coffin Escape' three times. You will free your legs, but then she will tell you that doesn't work and start to rape you. You assume it's all over. One more box pops up, but it does not appear to give you any choices except die. However, there is a blank space in the box. Select the blank space and you win. The developer should be shot for this. It helps to have some adrenaline, morphine, energy drink, rations, etc. to keep your willpower and vitality up and lust down. The average person is not going to play this game because the developer has simply made it too difficult. OK, now I have to face Empuse. Great.

Abandonedacc

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Do 'Coffin Escape' three times. You will free your legs, but then she will tell you that doesn't work and start to rape you. You assume it's all over. One more box pops up, but it does not appear to give you any choices except die. However, there is a blank space in the box. Select the blank space and you win. The developer should be shot for this. It helps to have some adrenaline, morphine, energy drink, rations, etc. to keep your willpower and vitality up and lust down. The average person is not going to play this game because the developer has simply made it too difficult. OK, now I have to face Empuse. Great.
space in blank ? tahts sound more like translation bug than nekomata mistake, becouse i dont remember any space in blank option vs lucie.

Shrifted

Reputation score
space in blank ? tahts sound more like translation bug than nekomata mistake, becouse i dont remember any space in blank option vs lucie.
That's definitely on purpose, I remember it quite clearly in the second Iron Maiden fight. Honestly, that fight's pretty tough, and you'll need to have good use of items or swap difficulty to Easy to beat it, it's probably one of the hardest fights in the entire game, bar 4-2's if you don't know what to do.

Anegorami

Reputation score
That's definitely on purpose
@Dasmir, Seems like you're missing one of the core concepts of the story - "Interventions". Intervention is an ability to affect the game in a way that is breaking some of the universe's rules. One of the most common Interventions is a "Chapter Select" option in the main menu - it allows you to trigger some time paradoxes through the story, saving someones' lives in a process. See Chapter 3-3 Hyakki Oni dialogue to learn more.

Shrifted

Reputation score
Minor status update: I'm around 80% done on the machine translation work for a v5.08 patch (There's easily over 2000 lines of text!). I've also personally hand translated all of the monster skills and all of the Beetle Harpy battle scenes to a quality I'm personally happy with, as well as generally making sure that text doesn't run out the boxes, and like. I'm hoping to "release" it out next week.

Blithe

Reputation score
Minor status update: I'm around 80% done on the machine translation work for a v5.08 patch (There's easily over 2000 lines of text!). I've also personally hand translated all of the monster skills and all of the Beetle Harpy battle scenes to a quality I'm personally happy with, as well as generally making sure that text doesn't run out the boxes, and like. I'm hoping to "release" it out next week.
The hero we don't deserve
FB_IMG_1512847969520.jpg