What's new

RPG RPG Maker [DEVIL'S OFFICE] SHRIFT (RJ209839)

Aesthetic

Reputation score
I was scrolling thru the thread and saw things said about DLC/Add-ons and wondered do those come with the game on Dlsite? I own it from there but didn't know if it came with it or not.
From what I know the DLC is only available by purchasing it through ci-en

Madflavor

Reputation score
If I may put in my two cents on the difficulty of this game. I find that 80% of the contributing factor towards the difficulty, is trying to figure out how certain fights are done. Once you figure out exactly what you need to do, the fights get A LOT easier. That said I would in no way call this an easy game overall. In fact it's probably one of the hardest H games out there. There's just a lot of trial and error involved.

J300mer

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
I disagree to an extent.
There are some factors in the game that are point-blank "You lose if this happens", meaning the experience is mostly just either lowering that chance to enjoy the game or raising that chance to make impossibility a more common wall, not difficulty.
In other worse
Any total-loss RNG defeats the purpose of difficulty altogether.
Hell I just stopped playing during the boss fight.
You have to spam a certain chain of events for 10 straight minutes, repeat for the second form, and the third/fourth form completely ends you if you make a 50/50 option wrong that gives you no hints on what you're even supposed to do in the first place.
That means a person who hasn't beaten it or hasn't looked up a walkthrough just wasted 20 minutes of gametime over a completely unguided playtime.
Even after that, you have to beat the entire game *again* to get the perfect ending if you spent the points that are required for you to beat high difficulty runs.
How many hours does that add up to? I imagine more than 4 hours to get the best ending.

If I have to spend that long to get something, it better damn well be more than the amount of animations or quality of animations I could get on another game.

CMRcc

Reputation score
I disagree to an extent.
There are some factors in the game that are point-blank "You lose if this happens", meaning the experience is mostly just either lowering that chance to enjoy the game or raising that chance to make impossibility a more common wall, not difficulty.
In other worse
Any total-loss RNG defeats the purpose of difficulty altogether.
Hell I just stopped playing during the boss fight.
You have to spam a certain chain of events for 10 straight minutes, repeat for the second form, and the third/fourth form completely ends you if you make a 50/50 option wrong that gives you no hints on what you're even supposed to do in the first place.
That means a person who hasn't beaten it or hasn't looked up a walkthrough just wasted 20 minutes of gametime over a completely unguided playtime.
Even after that, you have to beat the entire game *again* to get the perfect ending if you spent the points that are required for you to beat high difficulty runs.
How many hours does that add up to? I imagine more than 4 hours to get the best ending.

If I have to spend that long to get something, it better damn well be more than the amount of animations or quality of animations I could get on another game.
I disagree, i find that all fights are 100% winnable (on normal difficulty) if you follow the proper strat and you play the game by maxing everything.
They only complain i might have is that some fights might get a little grindy.

If the only thing you want is the animation, you can always get a savefile or even just go into the Graphics/Pictures folder and gif it up.
To many people is not just about the animation, but what brings to it, from the characters interaction to the fight mechanics. SHRIFT hits right home on many of this points.
Also having those decision that can bring to unexpected game overs sequences, is another huge positive for many people, especially as it fits within the narrative of the game. A similar example would be in MGQ when you attack an enemy in counter stance, or don't defend a charged attack. (Even if here the effect diminish with every fight as the same mechanics repeat every time and you actually have to make a mistake on purpose if you want to see it).
And on a personal note, stumbling through the sphinx fight while she kisses your brain out, was probably even better for me then when i first got counter by queen harpy on MGQ1 (and that was my first time playing a monstergirl game so the surprise facotr was greatly enhanced).

Tenma

Reputation score
I disagree, i find that all fights are 100% winnable (on normal difficulty) if you follow the proper strat and you play the game by maxing everything.
They only complain i might have is that some fights might get a little grindy.

If the only thing you want is the animation, you can always get a savefile or even just go into the Graphics/Pictures folder and gif it up.
To many people is not just about the animation, but what brings to it, from the characters interaction to the fight mechanics. SHRIFT hits right home on many of this points.
Also having those decision that can bring to unexpected game overs sequences, is another huge positive for many people, especially as it fits within the narrative of the game. A similar example would be in MGQ when you attack an enemy in counter stance, or don't defend a charged attack. (Even if here the effect diminish with every fight as the same mechanics repeat every time and you actually have to make a mistake on purpose if you want to see it).
And on a personal note, stumbling through the sphinx fight while she kisses your brain out, was probably even better for me then when i first got counter by queen harpy on MGQ1 (and that was my first time playing a monstergirl game so the surprise facotr was greatly enhanced).
The exact issue with bringing up MGQ is that while it has difficulty, it also explains clearly what exactly the player's doing wrong without laying down a penalty to make correcting said error more difficult in the future. With SHRIFT, the penalties just get worse the more you fail, if a player's failing too badly and attempting a no kill run this cycle can be crippling if they don't use the pity points. Which in themselves penalize the player by preventing the best possible ending.

Imagine that, in MGQ you got a penalty applied to Luka that removed 10% of your health per turn, after you lost to an enemy a couple times. That's just happens in SHRIFT with the lust mechanic. In a tactical game like this, turns need to be taken to shore up your willpower and keep up with the demand for magic. Combined with a bit of bad luck and the player can be destroyed in one battle. Out of resources, too far from any safe areas, unable to win in a random encounter.

Toss on top of that luggage a grind for ammo and other resources. If you need to manage resources and you don't want to fail too much or waste too many resources, then save scumming becomes valid or even required. This isn't a little grindy if played on higher difficulties this'd be longest 4 chapter hentai game you'd ever play.

Troy168

Reputation score
Guys, I need help. I'm experiencing problems with some missing audio files. I was wondering if there is a place where I can find them.

Shrifted

Reputation score
Guys, I need help. I'm experiencing problems with some missing audio files. I was wondering if there is a place where I can find them.
If you're downloading from DLSite, make sure you unzip the files while your system locale is set in Japanese (or find some similar setting to account for that). If you don't, some of the file names will be mangled and won't match up properly and you'll get errors.

CMRcc

Reputation score
The exact issue with bringing up MGQ is that while it has difficulty, it also explains clearly what exactly the player's doing wrong without laying down a penalty to make correcting said error more difficult in the future. With SHRIFT, the penalties just get worse the more you fail, if a player's failing too badly and attempting a no kill run this cycle can be crippling if they don't use the pity points. Which in themselves penalize the player by preventing the best possible ending.

Imagine that, in MGQ you got a penalty applied to Luka that removed 10% of your health per turn, after you lost to an enemy a couple times. That's just happens in SHRIFT with the lust mechanic. In a tactical game like this, turns need to be taken to shore up your willpower and keep up with the demand for magic. Combined with a bit of bad luck and the player can be destroyed in one battle. Out of resources, too far from any safe areas, unable to win in a random encounter.

Toss on top of that luggage a grind for ammo and other resources. If you need to manage resources and you don't want to fail too much or waste too many resources, then save scumming becomes valid or even required. This isn't a little grindy if played on higher difficulties this'd be longest 4 chapter hentai game you'd ever play.
I would actually like that, for actions to have consequences. It makes very much sense
Anyway, beside some bosses, even with the debuff the fight are still very doable with proper strats and preparations.
Also once you complete the game on a normal difficulty and recruit all the girls, you don't need to use pity points to remove the corruption. If you have the affection at 100 you can just go ask them to do it.
Regarding the resources, it might be coz i am a completionist but i never found myself having to struggle. The game gives you enough money to buy what you need,
But I guess everyone has his own favorite perks when it comes to games in general, just know that many people enjoyed this game exactly because of some of the thing you disliked about it.

MegaMars

Lurker
Reputation score
Hey I fucked over my Gallery somehow and can't watch most scenes anymore. Could anyone help out? Been trying to find a save file in this thread but somehow they all don't have gallery scenes unlocked. Don't know what happened. Was at around 90% or something right before Samael.

nossiob

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
the save file doesnt contain the "gallery", its the publicdata that does

Reputation score
does anyone have a save just before fighting samuel final form.

Actually does anyone know if there is a lose scene regarding her? she looks pretty cruel holding the cross and dat smile and for some reason it turns me on...

nossiob

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
there is a short one as far as i remember and i was a little dissapointed

goodolrub

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
so what is that DLC that was added in the dlsite version some time ago?

Resaiyu12

Lurker
Reputation score
I think it was the first dlc (Black Haired Fox Girl) getting improved art?

Resaiyu12

Lurker
Reputation score
Oh that expansion's out as well, I think the order was DLC1 (BlackHairFox) > DlC2(Blonde Alleyway Cat/Fox) > EX1 (Harpy Queen) > DLC 1x (New art)

nossiob

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
feels bad, i was hoping for ex1 translation this weekend, but still have to be strong and patient

Shrifted

Reputation score
Well, here it is: I've finally worked on the new translation patch to the point where I'm comfortable releasing it.

There's a lot of work here, so I'll give you an overview of what I've covered....

Machine Translated:
  • All of EX Dungeon 1.
  • In addition, I've also machine translated the Side Stories that the dev has put into the game. After you've unlocked them, you can access them through Bonus->Extra Stories.
Hand Translated:
  • All of Beetle Harpy's lines and scenes (there's a ton here, so I may have missed some battle edge cases.)
  • All of the new items included in the shops, as well as the new items you can craft.
  • Almost all of the Battle Skills (You and the Enemies).
  • A good chunk of Chapter 4-2, and all of regular form Daiji's lines. (I had this all done a long time ago, so it was easy to add it in to this patch.)
  • A tiny bit of Main Menu cleanup.
I have not translated a few of the lines related to the Main Menu because they're a clunky mess to work with, and I honestly just wanted to get this out so I can take a break for a while. In addition, there are a few prior lines earlier in the game that have fixed typos (which means they are no longer translated) that I haven't gone back and fixed for the same reason. I'm currently using v5.08, but as with the prior patches by Lv1, this should be forward compatible with all versions going forward.

As always, back up your save folder and PublicData.rvdata2 before patching. It's probably best for you to start the EX Dungeon from the beginning if you're able, as I've had some issues where it won't properly apply the translations to the room you're in when you load a save file.

Hope you all enjoy!

Attachments

Quallneigge

Reputation score
Hello,

can someone tell me how to win against the "red hair" girl that fights you after the "Foxgirl"? My most powerfull attack i know is just a meele attack with the fan from this "foxgirl" (140 damage...sometimes 380). But she has a skill that heals her for 1500 so wie fight endless. How can i win?