What's new

RPG RPG Maker [DEVIL'S OFFICE] SHRIFT (RJ209839)

Fossil

Lurker
Reputation score

Game's been updated with a pink bed for chapter 3. Haven't tried it yet but I'm assuming it's Echo.
edit: yeah it is.

Last edited:

podiewinkle

Reputation score
how do you accsess the expansion is it the crystals ? i cant seam to get those to work even though i have the new version from dlsite

nossiob

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
was it true full mercy and mother rabbit at 100 affection? i dont remember exactly, but something around those lines

Shrifted

Reputation score

Game's been updated with a pink bed for chapter 3. Haven't tried it yet but I'm assuming it's Echo.
edit: yeah it is.

👀

I'll see what I can do when I have time.....

Madflavor

Reputation score
Is the Oni Girl glitch still present? I'm replaying the game and I got to 4-1, and I'm using Chapter Select to go back to an early chapter where I can buy the special item off of her, but even in earlier chapters she's missing. I do also happen to have a spare save for 3-1, but when I reload it, she doesn't have the item in her inventory.

Last edited:

Aesthetic

Reputation score
Is the Oni Girl glitch still present? I'm replaying the game and I got to 4-1, and I'm using Chapter Select to go back to an early chapter where I can buy the special item off of her, but even in earlier chapters she's missing. I do also happen to have a spare save for 3-1, but when I reload it, she doesn't have the item in her inventory.
I always found her in Lampas's level.

Madflavor

Reputation score
I always found her in Lampas's level.
Yeah I didn’t see her there. I really don’t want to have to do a data wipe and start all over again. I’d be willing to cheat and just edit the item into my inventory, but I don’t know if I can do that.

It’s just crazy, I don’t know what I could’ve done to trigger this problem, and this glitch has existed since last year, so I can’t believe such a game breaking bug still exists. I love Shrift, but this is the risk the developer runs when designing the game to have shared data, if you trigger a game breaking bug. You can’t just reload a previous save. You have to wipe everything and start all over. It sucks.

But if anyone had any ideas before I have to resort to that, I’m all ears.

Anegorami

Reputation score
...I'm replaying the game and I got to 4-1, and I'm using Chapter Select to go back to an early chapter...
That's your problem - she dies permanently (for the current run) if you "complete" chapter 3-3, so you have to use Chapter Select before moving forward (you also get the warning message in red IIRC). Now the only (legit) way is to clear the game on Neutral and then start from scratch (while keeping SP / Affection Bonuses from the previous run). Still, if you don't mind a little data manipulation join the ULMF discord, find me there and PM me your save.

EDIT: My memory serves me right, here is the said message.

Last edited:

Madflavor

Reputation score
That's your problem - she dies permanently (for the current run) if you "complete" chapter 3-3, so you have to use Chapter Select before moving forward (you also get the warning message in red IIRC). Now the only (legit) way is to clear the game on Neutral and then start from scratch (while keeping SP / Affection Bonuses from the previous run). Still, if you don't mind a little data manipulation join the ULMF discord, find me there and PM me your save.
Ohh for the love of pete. At least that clears everything up, I appreciate your input. I guess I'll just bite the bullet and plow through EX to get back to 3-3 and do it the right way this time.

EDIT: Got the item! Thanks again Aesthetic and Anegorami for the help!

Last edited:

Lucratio

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Hey Guys, I decided to give this Game a try as well but I've got trouble extracting the Files from this Game. It looks like this: "SHRIFT�̌���" these wierd artifacts can be found on all datastructures for this Game.
I assume this has something to do with my locale but I already changed it to japanese a long time ago. Also this does not happen to all Games.
Another one would be the new H.O.T. Game which gives me this
I am on Win 10 btw. Maybe you can help me out here.

Also I saw many different versions of this Game floating around and checking on Dlsite did not help so what is the newest Version actually?🤨

Anegorami

Reputation score
Hey Guys, I decided to give this Game a try as well but I've got trouble extracting the Files from this Game. It looks like this: "SHRIFT�̌���" these wierd artifacts can be found on all datastructures for this Game.
I assume this has something to do with my locale but I already changed it to japanese a long time ago. Also this does not happen to all Games.
Another one would be the new H.O.T. Game which gives me this
I am on Win 10 btw. Maybe you can help me out here.
Post some screenshots and the name of the tool that you were using to unpack the game.

Lucratio

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Post some screenshots and the name of the tool that you were using to unpack the game.
Alright, so attached you find Screenshots from the extracted Game Unbenannt.PNG , opened Unbenannt1.PNG and inside the BGS Folder Unbenannt3.PNG which causes the Game to crash if this plays in the Game because it cant find the correct Filename.

I used 7Zip and Winrar. Both gives me this.

Micadi

Lurker
Reputation score
If you open the unpacked game file in winrar you can press ctrl+e to change name encoding to japanese and then you should be able to extract all files with correct names

Lucratio

Demon Girl
Reputation score
If you open the unpacked game file in winrar you can press ctrl+e to change name encoding to japanese and then you should be able to extract all files with correct names
No way....that did it. Thank you very much.
Never knew you could do this in Winrar.:D

Triplebrc

Reputation score
Just gonna ask, is there an actual 100% save that is both complete and works? There are so many saves in this thread, one guy also has one in his signature (prolonging the process of looking through the thread via search immensely), but they are either incomplete or they just are impossible to even load. I have put this game further and further behind on my to do list, but I have decided by now that I will not bother to play this game myself since the developer goes out of his way hard to make it unreasonably difficult to understand wtf is going on, even with some japanese knowledge. So any way to get access to all the scenes?

Shrifted

Reputation score
Just gonna ask, is there an actual 100% save that is both complete and works? There are so many saves in this thread, one guy also has one in his signature (prolonging the process of looking through the thread via search immensely), but they are either incomplete or they just are impossible to even load. I have put this game further and further behind on my to do list, but I have decided by now that I will not bother to play this game myself since the developer goes out of his way hard to make it unreasonably difficult to understand wtf is going on, even with some japanese knowledge. So any way to get access to all the scenes?
Have you tried using the latest available translation patch? Even with some of it being machine translated, it's quite playable.

Anegorami

Reputation score
Just gonna ask, is there an actual 100% save that is both complete and works? There are so many saves in this thread, one guy also has one in his signature (prolonging the process of looking through the thread via search immensely), but they are either incomplete or they just are impossible to even load.
Scene-wise, my save is complete, you can load Blue one and just ask any girl to milk you, use Delusion Capsule or equip any Box accessory and then sleep to get any desired scene. I have a more recent one with all the marriage endings and substories unlocked as well as all the weapons crafted, but all of that is done for my personal perfectionism and have no impact on the H-related content. Also, yes, this game is more complex that your usual H-RPGM game, so you have to either use the patch or level up your Japanese language knowledge.

Radix

Lurker
Reputation score
How does Saves work in this game? (Transfering my saves to a clean copy of SHRIFT)

Anegorami

Reputation score
How does Saves work in this game? (Transfering my saves to a clean copy of SHRIFT)
PublicData contains the carry-over data, Save folder contains individual save files. All files have the "rvdata2" extension.

Lucratio

Demon Girl
Reputation score
How do I get into the EX Dungeon and where can I put on the DLC Codes? xD
Just wondering because I am halfway through Chapter 2 now I think and up til now it was never mentioned. Is it post game or have I not the newest version?
I am on 4.17 because thats the only one I can find out there.

Also thanks for the translation. Some partsd are really rough but the Game is perfectly playable with this.