What's new

RPG RPG Maker [DEVIL'S OFFICE] SHRIFT (RJ209839)

Shrifted

Reputation score
Hello,

can someone tell me how to win against the "red hair" girl that fights you after the "Foxgirl"? My most powerfull attack i know is just a meele attack with the fan from this "foxgirl" (140 damage...sometimes 380). But she has a skill that heals her for 1500 so wie fight endless. How can i win?
Are you perhaps talking about Hyakki, the shopkeeper while you're in Genocide Mode?

Quallneigge

Reputation score
Yes exactly. Way harder than Dakki or how ever the name is....don't know how to beat her (yes genocide mode)

Shrifted

Reputation score
I remember trying out that fight for fun, I think the best option was to eschew weapons all together, and respec into using Freezing, Cool Calm, and use the Electric Spell for offense. You should already hopefully have Stamina auto-regen and stuff like the best Agility Up. Your hits will do incredibly low damage with almost anything, but don't worry: she actually doesn't have too much health. Electric is also nice because it has a decent chance to make her flinch, giving you an extra turn. The local Geno mode expert should probably be around if you have any more questions, but it seemed pretty doable off of his save. Don't forget to pick a weapon that has the highest Magic you can find.

Micadi

Lurker
Reputation score
I think it was the first dlc (Black Haired Fox Girl) getting improved art?
This explains why my version of the game crashed after checking out the first DLC game with the newest translation patch... game asking for images that I don't have. Oh well if I ever will want to check that DLC again I will have to run it through old version of the game. I wish there was a way to obtain those updated images though... or at least an easy way to get officially these DLCs, I would buy them from DLsite if I could just to support the author

Civilincubus

Reputation score
Harpy Queen wasn't so bad using sylph, attack buff, a fluffy hoodie, and MIRV rockets. Killed her with two sets of rockets. Took a bit of harpy grinding to afford a few boxes of rockets but not too bad with the fire spell, EX Sage Wand and some save scumming. The previous attempts and strategies... let us not speak of them.

Quallneigge

Reputation score
It worked. I got her! The Genocide ending...do i have to reinstall the game now? Can't do anything now (only watching the screen were is written "Shrift Genocide end"...hm

Passerby4554

Demon Girl
Reputation score
It worked. I got her! The Genocide ending...do i have to reinstall the game now? Can't do anything now (only watching the screen were is written "Shrift Genocide end"...hm
I never did genocide, but here's an idea: try deleting the save file you used for genocide. If it doesn't work, then someone else can help you.

Resaiyu12

Lurker
Reputation score
Publicdata is what they use to remember, but that includes everything, so if you delete that your normal saves are worthless, too.

Anegorami

Reputation score
Restart the game 7 times (Start => "START" => Ending screen => Close), then start it again, go to the ending screen and wait for 5 minutes. It'll give you a message that the system was rebooted and will restart itself again. After that you can access the main menu.

Changes:
The main menu will look a little differently (Undertale reference).
If you try to start a new game most of the characters will attack you on sight, with some exceptions (the catgirls will simply ignore you). To clear "murderer" flag you have to clear the game on any neutral ending (you'll not be able to clear it on True Mercy anyway) and clear all the negative affection (you can clear it using any regular way to rise affection, it's cleared when it reaches 100 and then resets back to 0). After the flag is cleared the game can be played normally again.

Last edited:

Madflavor

Reputation score
I've been replaying the game since the weekend when I saw Shrifted has done some hand made translation, which by the way thank you Shrifted! And I wanted to say a couple things.

First off I put in my two cents on the difficulty some weeks back in which I said most of the difficulty of this game is just figuring out how the fights work. While I still mostly stand by that, I gotta admit that there are some fights in the game that are just complete bullshit, and would've benefited from a nerf. I did Chapter 1 last night, and I made sure to min/max my SP as much as possible, before the fight with Iron Maiden 2.0. Even with drinking herbs and morphine, no mind corruption, and knowing exactly what to do, that fight is crazy difficult and frustrating. It took me well over a dozen tries before I got lucky and was able to break out.

Second, how much of that game has Shrifted translated? Once I got to Chapter 2, the dialogue started to become nonsensical again, but I also see that Shrifted has translated the EX Dungeon 1 and some of 4-2, so I'm just curious.

Quallneigge

Reputation score
ok nice. I will do that too. Just one more little question. How do i rise affection and do i need to do that for every single "monstergirl" or are the "%" with the chest for all together? And how can i use this items
(for example the meat).

ok that was more than one question....

Resaiyu12

Lurker
Reputation score
You can only give gifts if you spared them and they reside in your mind's room. (The upper right corner of the room you get too with the blue door in rest spots), their names will be above their doors if you did it right, as for raising affection there are a few ways such as sparing them when you fight them as you go through the game, the previously mentioned gift giving, and playing with them in the mind's room.

Anegorami

Reputation score
okay thank you. And how often i need to spare them till they get into that room?
Sparing them will only raise their affection. To make them move into your room you have to do a specific task for each of them. Below you can find some tips (copied from my notes).
Befriending conditions (you must spare everyone by default, of course):
Chapter 1-1:
Barghest [バーゲスト] - Heal injured Barghest (after second encounter).
Chapter 1-2:
Lampas [ランパス] - Save her from the rage of Hekate.
Chapter 1-3:
Lucy (Iron Maiden) [アイアンメイデン] - Clear the chapter.
Empuse [エンプーサ] - Clear the chapter.
Chapter 2-1:
Haru & Liz [ハル&リズ] - Clear their questline.
Mother Rabbit [マザーラビット] - After buying anti-rabbit medicine return and read both documents (first and fourth screen), then go to the graveyard and watch the event.
Chapter 2-2:
Akane (Mukuro) [躯] - After defeating her take the key near the Hellgate (north exit). Open the secret passage (north wall in the west room), read the document and take the memory crystal. Go to the next chapter. Use Delusion Capsule to watch the crystal you found earlier. Return to chapter 2-2 and go to the temple. Watch the event.
Chapter 2-3:
Nina [ニーナ] - Defeat her in a dance battle with 99% rating.
Chapter 3-1:
Echo [エコー] - Find and read four notes (near pumps). Then DO NOT use the bag.
Sphinx [スフィンクス] - Prepare yourself... THIS IS A NIGHTMARE!
Phase 1: Shake her off, then answer 「ほん」.
Phase 2: Select むねでしてもらう (chest).
Phase 3: Shake her off, then answer 「なし」.
Phase 4: Shake her off, answer 「に■げん」, then 『ばんごう』でこたえる, and then ①「に■げん」.
Chapter 3-2:
Archeny [アルケニー] - Maximize affection of Lampas and Empuse, then clear the chapter.
Chapter 3-3:
Titanoboa [ティタノボア] - After Titanoboa event read the note that Hyakki left behind. Then do what is written.
Chapter 4-1:
Camazotz [カマソッソ] - Clear the chapter.
Chapter 4-2:
Daji [妲己] - Befriend everyone else and win Railgun battle.
Final Chapter (True Mercy route only):
Hyakki [百鬼] - Clear the chapter.

BluFalcon

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
What do I even do in the Mio DLC? I just walk down an alley and leave.

edit: ah nvm. need 100 affection with Haru and Liz.

edit 2: neither DLC scenes can finish for me. Error messages and all that. oh well.

edit 3: looks like I just need to redownload the DLC. what a rollercoaster this was.

Last edited:

podiewinkle

Reputation score
Hiya firstly thanks for all the work on translation

could some one please advise have had a play threw however there are still some scenes i have not gained accsess too like the harpys you see at the start of act 2 please advise :D

Resaiyu12

Lurker
Reputation score
The harpies are part of the first expansion, not part of act 2 itself.