What's new

RPG RPG Maker [DEVIL'S OFFICE] SHRIFT (RJ209839)

Shrifted

Reputation score
Yeah, Archeny is kinda difficult too because she tends to outspeed Kazuya. If her 'terror' lands, it does makes things ugly.
Don't really understand this too much, you have a cheap item that removes that effect (Painkiller).

FloofyIsGood

Reputation score
Don't really understand this too much, you have a cheap item that removes that effect (Painkiller).
You do, but if she outspeeds you twice, she inflicts the terror and then next turn damages you before you can remove it with painkiller.
Also cheers on translation work! I will wait until Shrift 1 is done before looking at what you worked on tho, but good job.

SexBattle316

Reputation score
im pretty sure i have all the latest characters. i need help everyone sorry to bother you.....sigh

i just cant understand any moonspeak..tried to install a patch and cant get it.... . its just not working.

thank you kindly..i bought it off of dlsite if that matters. maybe someone could setup my game for me? full english... i think i have all the chapters..not sure. PM me if you can help... need a miracle to get this to work!

TheUnsaid

Reputation score
im pretty sure i have all the latest characters. i need help everyone sorry to bother you.....sigh

i just cant understand any moonspeak..tried to install a patch and cant get it.... . its just not working.

thank you kindly..i bought it off of dlsite if that matters. maybe someone could setup my game for me? full english... i think i have all the chapters..not sure. PM me if you can help... need a miracle to get this to work!
Well the translation gives you very detailed instructions.
It's hard to help you if you aren't even telling people, what part of those instructions you're stuck on?

Also, I recommend posting in the shrift translation thread.

Shrifted

Reputation score
Do I really have to delete my save to get out of Hecate loop? I'll lose all my recollection scenes.
Hyakki gives you a tip if you talked to her beforehand, go check your email.

If you're really stumped by that advice:
Go check your game folder for a surprise. :3

Shrifted

Reputation score
That's the fight I am currently on (Iron Maiden 2). Looking through the Pastebin, I get the concept of keeping the Lust below certain numbers before using the special struggle skill, and that she will do a skill afterwards that does a lot of damage.

The issue is that after 1-2 struggles, I cant keep the lust / healing up through her damage, and eventually die. I have the herb buff, and have tried taking Morphine on the first turn in order to reduce the damage I am taking, but still end up unable to keep up with the damage.

Tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
A few points:

1. Make sure you are bonded with Lampas and Barghest so you get their red chest bonus (+10SP each). Additionally, make sure you're grabbing the silver chests for Compendium completetion. My memory's hazy, but you might be able to access one that gives you some bonus SP.
  2. Putting SP more then 1 or 2 levels into Will at this point is a bad idea. You should mainly try to put them into Max Vitality, which you can pair with the Silver ring (5% Vit regen every turn). You'll want to get a level in Agility as you move forward, with the ultimate goal of later in the game unlocking Vitality Regen, which requires max Magic Attack and Max level Vitality.
  3. As you've already said, tea buff is a big help before bosses.
  4. You want to end this fight as early as possible. The longer this goes on, the worse it gets. It's best to pop up a Morphine when the Tea Buff wears off. If you haven't at least almost gotten two Coffin Breakthroughs by the time it wears off, you're too slow.
  5. Break all the minor bindings before you Coffin Breakout, or else you'll take a massive amount of Lust damage.
  6. It doesn't matter if you get over 100 Lust as long as you've pressed the command for the 4th Coffin Breakout. After that, the fight will go into a scripted phase where your Lust doesn't matter. The tick damage will get impossible to keep up with after a few speedups, so you'll want to rush the last few through if you can.
And as always, if there's one fight to change the difficulty to Easy on, this is it. It won't affect any true ending requirements, and you can change it back afterwards. I can safely say the fight is 100% consistent on Easy, at least. Good luck!

Edit: Did you delete your post because you beat Iron Maiden before I posted this? Your post disappeared, lol

SomebodyisNobody

Reputation score
Dear friends and fellows, I am in a bit of trouble at the moment. Not with the game itself, which is a delight, but with the simple fact that... when I finally escaped Mother Rabbit and run into the Convenience Store, my game crashes with the warning 'Missing Graphics. Graphics/Characters/monsters1.

I bought the game off of the English DLsite, if that helps at all. I'm trying to figure out how it's missing what I'm assuming to be the default monster1 file from RPG Maker... I'll keep experimenting to try and fix it, but if anyone knows this problem you'd be a life saver.

Aesthetic

Reputation score
Dear friends and fellows, I am in a bit of trouble at the moment. Not with the game itself, which is a delight, but with the simple fact that... when I finally escaped Mother Rabbit and run into the Convenience Store, my game crashes with the warning 'Missing Graphics. Graphics/Characters/monsters1.

I bought the game off of the English DLsite, if that helps at all. I'm trying to figure out how it's missing what I'm assuming to be the default monster1 file from RPG Maker... I'll keep experimenting to try and fix it, but if anyone knows this problem you'd be a life saver.
Do you have the VXAce RTP installed? Before RPG Maker MV, the RPG Maker games basically required RTPs to be installed. Some games packaged all the files with the game. Some didn't. Don't know which it is for SHRIFT.

SomebodyisNobody

Reputation score
Do you have the VXAce RTP installed? Before RPG Maker MV, the RPG Maker games basically required RTPs to be installed. Some games packaged all the files with the game. Some didn't. Don't know which it is for SHRIFT.
I do, but thank you for the advice. The thought helped it click that I could just get the default picture and put it into Shrift's files. Problem solved!

Spiere

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
A few points:

1. Make sure you are bonded with Lampas and Barghest so you get their red chest bonus (+10SP each). Additionally, make sure you're grabbing the silver chests for Compendium completetion. My memory's hazy, but you might be able to access one that gives you some bonus SP.
  2. Putting SP more then 1 or 2 levels into Will at this point is a bad idea. You should mainly try to put them into Max Vitality, which you can pair with the Silver ring (5% Vit regen every turn). You'll want to get a level in Agility as you move forward, with the ultimate goal of later in the game unlocking Vitality Regen, which requires max Magic Attack and Max level Vitality.
  3. As you've already said, tea buff is a big help before bosses.
  4. You want to end this fight as early as possible. The longer this goes on, the worse it gets. It's best to pop up a Morphine when the Tea Buff wears off. If you haven't at least almost gotten two Coffin Breakthroughs by the time it wears off, you're too slow.
  5. Break all the minor bindings before you Coffin Breakout, or else you'll take a massive amount of Lust damage.
  6. It doesn't matter if you get over 100 Lust as long as you've pressed the command for the 4th Coffin Breakout. After that, the fight will go into a scripted phase where your Lust doesn't matter. The tick damage will get impossible to keep up with after a few speedups, so you'll want to rush the last few through if you can.
And as always, if there's one fight to change the difficulty to Easy on, this is it. It won't affect any true ending requirements, and you can change it back afterwards. I can safely say the fight is 100% consistent on Easy, at least. Good luck!

Edit: Did you delete your post because you beat Iron Maiden before I posted this? Your post disappeared, lol
Yeah, I wasn't expecting anyone to reply so fast. Sorry for wasting your time.

Thanks again.

BillyJones

Reputation score
Does anyone know how to beat Mormo because i've tried everything i can think of and i still just die instantly because she dances too fast (I tried changing my stats and equipment like i thought the sheep was saying but it didnt help)

JustLurksHere

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
...Don't you mean 'Nina' ?

I wonder about that too. Ended up editing the timer event cause just couldn't do it fast enough.
Probably it has something to do with with the timing being relative, not absolute for waits (well, AFAICT).

Though that, Dakki and the harpy queen were the only battles that were frustrating even after you learned what you needed to do in the battle.
Samael was just a bit tricky due to RNG (and my unwillingness to use a gun).
Probably cause I grinded Mira on the first run, which made it Mercy A instead of True Mercy, but the second run for TM was almost lightning fast.

BillyJones

Reputation score

I wonder about that too. Ended up editing the timer event cause just couldn't do it fast enough.
Probably it has something to do with with the timing being relative, not absolute for waits (well, AFAICT).

Though that, Dakki and the harpy queen were the only battles that were frustrating even after you learned what you needed to do in the battle.
Probably cause I grinded Mira on the first run, which made it Mercy A instead of True Mercy, but the second run for TM was almost lightning fast.
There is a new boss in the bottom left EX crystal called Mormo who also does a dance battle and she instantly kills you. The game says that you can do something with a 'choice' to try make her not instantly kill you.

But Nina was also difficult with her timer.

I found Dakki hard but for me the harpy queen was more just repetitive then difficult (i also got the EX shining sword which lets you use fire so that did a lot of damage each hit which made it a lot easier). It was the same with Samael because i used the fan that Dakki gives you and i had put everything into strength so it wasn't that hard for me to beat her.

FloofyIsGood

Reputation score
Does anyone know how to beat Mormo because i've tried everything i can think of and i still just die instantly because she dances too fast (I tried changing my stats and equipment like i thought the sheep was saying but it didnt help)

Winning against her in dance is impossible, but it doesn't mean Kazuya has to accept whatever she offers. Just refuse her the first time.

SexBattle316

Reputation score
anyone know how to beat hyakki?

i dont have the level 3 charm thingy? how can i get this? thanks for any help.

Anegorami

Reputation score
anyone know how to beat hyakki?

i dont have the level 3 charm thingy? how can i get this? thanks for any help.
I don't know what "charm thingy" are you talking about, but she's pretty easy - craft the dagger, learn lightning magic and Frozen spell and whip her ass with some shock damage while constantly being under the Frozen buff and dispelling Charm / removing Lust whatever necessary. At the end just use the glitched dark beam to finish her off.

Last edited:

ArtyLars

Reputation score
Hey guys. I frequented this thread a tad some months back after getting stuck.

I was wondering if anyone had a true mercy save lying around? My hard disk fried and I'm not too motivated to speed run the RNG fest once more hehe...

SexBattle316

Reputation score
I don't know what "charm thingy" are you talking about, but she's pretty easy - craft the dagger, learn lightning magic and Frozen spell and whip her ass with some shock damage while constantly being under the Frozen buff and dispelling Charm / removing Lust whatever necessary. At the end just use the glitched dark beam to finish her off.
many thanks for your responses....

The Dispelling Charm must be what im talking about. i have everything mastered and i am at level 30.

i do not know how to craft a dagger? my lightning strike is only doing 100 or so damage... thanks for any help.