What's new

RPG RPG Maker [DEVIL'S OFFICE] SHRIFT (RJ209839)

FloofyIsGood

Reputation score
Do we have the title for this new game? If so, then it'd be good idea to put up a thread in GUC at this point, so images and information can be complied around the OP; instead of losing information in this thread nearing 100+ pages.
Seems to be just Shrift II.

Bigunit

Reputation score
Guys, the Genocide ending is the final tittle? Or you can do something more?
1582370753252.png

PokeGuy224

Reputation score
Would anyone mind PMing me a proper Audio file if possible? I cannot get the game to un-zip with Japanese locale no matter what I'm doing. I'm currently stuck at the Mother Rabbit scene after taking the potion and I can't continue since one of my BGM files isn't correct. If anyone could help I'd appreciate it.

Shrifted

Reputation score
...need to check if that actually works - if it does, it would have been nice to know *before* I needed to wave the white flag and resort to editing the event.

(much later) edit: OK, both 栄養ドリンク and えいようドリンク indeed work that way; so do 3 だんご items, but unless I'm missing something, you'll get access to those only after first fight; on the other hand, herbs, vitamins, adrenaline and morphine significantly reduce the rating.
Any particular reason you're not using the Translation? I'm just a bit curious, since it will probably clear up a lot of the troubles you might be having...

JustLurksHere

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
...it's mostly psychological:
1. most titles either don't get a translation or get a cringeworthy machine one - I know very little *about* Japanese, yet it's still enough to see the butchery GT makes out of it (especially when it for no good reason tries its hand at being a thesaurus)
2. Japanese doesn't translate well into European languages: its specifics make simple translations sound very unnatural (for example, repetitions are in most of those stylistic errors, in Japanese though (or at least it seems so) if a word needs to be repeated, as in current context it can't be either omitted or referred relatively to, there is no such problem)
3. in-scene stuff translates even worse, both for linguistic and cultural differences
4. some of the time, translating the plot just isn't worth it, as it's that bad

In the end, some of those above may not apply here (haven't checked), yet I'm simply in the habit of ignoring the translations, even if it costs me some of the context.
If I get stuck in an RPG Maker game, I tend to just put it through the toy, try to find relevant switches/vars, then copy/paste the dialogs/descriptions from the toy into GT.
If that doesn't work or it isn't an RPG Maker game, I google for a walkthrough - usually you can find one, if the game gathers enough interest.
In case of SHRIFT, that doesn't work all that well, as while a wiki exists, it doesn't address the problems coming out of the language barrier; it's also quite vague on some points.

ShionK

Reputation score
this one is gonna be way more complicated I see but I know Shrifted got my back (I mean our back)

TheUnsaid

Reputation score
...it's mostly psychological:
1. most titles either don't get a translation or get a cringeworthy machine one - I know very little *about* Japanese, yet it's still enough to see the butchery GT makes out of it (especially when it for no good reason tries its hand at being a thesaurus)
2. Japanese doesn't translate well into European languages: its specifics make simple translations sound very unnatural (for example, repetitions are in most of those stylistic errors, in Japanese though (or at least it seems so) if a word needs to be repeated, as in current context it can't be either omitted or referred relatively to, there is no such problem)
3. in-scene stuff translates even worse, both for linguistic and cultural differences
4. some of the time, translating the plot just isn't worth it, as it's that bad

In the end, some of those above may not apply here (haven't checked), yet I'm simply in the habit of ignoring the translations, even if it costs me some of the context.
If I get stuck in an RPG Maker game, I tend to just put it through the toy, try to find relevant switches/vars, then copy/paste the dialogs/descriptions from the toy into GT.
If that doesn't work or it isn't an RPG Maker game, I google for a walkthrough - usually you can find one, if the game gathers enough interest.
In case of SHRIFT, that doesn't work all that well, as while a wiki exists, it doesn't address the problems coming out of the language barrier; it's also quite vague on some points.
So you'd rather cheat to progress then deal with a machine translation that gives you the gist of the information?

this one is gonna be way more complicated I see but I know Shrifted got my back (I mean our back)
Well he's not the one who originally did the starting machine translation. That was @Lv1VillagerA , and while I super duper respect @Shrifted for his work in translating the game, it wouldn't have been possible without the amazing foundation Lv1VillagerA did. Lv1VillagerA even went above and beyond allowing you to make the game window larger.

I just hope by the time episode 1 of Shrift 2 comes out we still have an active community willing to put in the work to fan-translate the game.

Shrifted

Reputation score
So you'd rather cheat to progress then deal with a machine translation that gives you the gist of the information?

Well he's not the one who originally did the starting machine translation. That was @Lv1VillagerA , and while I super duper respect @Shrifted for his work in translating the game, it wouldn't have been possible without the amazing foundation Lv1VillagerA did. Lv1VillagerA even went above and beyond allowing you to make the game window larger.

I just hope by the time episode 1 of Shrift 2 comes out we still have an active community willing to put in the work to fan-translate the game.
Additionally, if we are sharing the translation-patch development credits, it is neither I nor Level1 who made the full-screen plugin; it was Zeus81. Level1 made a wonderful patcher which we've been using going forward, and are probably going to use for Shrift 2 if everything works out properly.

JustLurksHere

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
@TheUnsaid::rolleyes:
How did you get from "try to find relevant switches/vars" to cheating ?
It's little more than a detailed walkthrough.
Only part that could be called cheating was that dance part, as I simply couldn't get it done in the time given.

PokeGuy224

Reputation score
Don't want to post too much for the same issue, but I'm still stuck with the game crashing going back to Mother Rabbit after using the medicine on myself. The game tries to find a 2 character BGM and I can't seem to get the game to unpack to the proper language no matter what I do. If anyone could please lend me a hand I'd appreicate it

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score
A trick I often use is to create a text file and rename it to what the game's saying is missing along with it's extension. Not sure if it'll work here but it's worth a shot. Could always just copy one of the other bgms in the folder and rename that instead, so it'll be close to what it wants.

JustLurksHere

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
If for some odd reason you can't get your system to switch locale (which given the improvements from xp to 7 sounds like a case of a buggy user), you could always try a locale emulator - IIRC there are a few options there.
Well, on the off chance you have a repacked zip archive, that someone repacked in the Chinese locale, you might try unpacking with that codepage (as it's most simplified, not traditional).
Though if it's a rar/7z archive and it still unpacks wrong, most likely reason is that the repacker fucked up.

PokeGuy224

Reputation score
A trick I often use is to create a text file and rename it to what the game's saying is missing along with it's extension. Not sure if it'll work here but it's worth a shot. Could always just copy one of the other bgms in the folder and rename that instead, so it'll be close to what it wants.
That worked, thank you!

Quite Frankly

Reputation score
I have a save but it doesn't have any of the dlc partially because i thought the harpy was disgusting and partially because the dlcs i don't believe are fully translated yet

Anegorami

Reputation score
I have a save but it doesn't have any of the dlc partially because i thought the harpy was disgusting and partially because the dlcs i don't believe are fully translated yet
Don't mix up DLC and EX chapters.
EX chapters are the additional chapters to the original game. EX-1 features Harpy v2.0 and Queen Harpy. EX-2 features Morumo and makes some use of the useless devil queen.
DLC are 2 additional scenes that may be bought separately from the main game. DLC-1 features Yami and DLC-2 features Mio.

anyone got full save with all unlocked loss scene?
I have two of them, pre EX-2 and post EX-2. Grab them from the shared folder, the link is in the signature.

FloofyIsGood

Reputation score
Shrift II abnormal status effects, part 2.
This part is about binds and related effects. They will have blue frame. Each will require appropriate 'Struggle' skill to remove. 2nd column will state the primary method of curing. (also my apologies in advance to Shrifted for still haven't getting to using his translation and looking how all these status effects were translated... I'm just going on the fly)
拘束 (手) - Bind (hands)
State when Richard's hands are bound.
Unable to use items, magic or arm-using struggle skill, this state effectively impairs all actions requiring use of hands.
Use skill: 'Kick Away' (蹴り飛ばす) OR 'Struggle Violently' (暴れる).​
拘束 (足) - Bind (legs)
State when Richard's legs are bound.
Unable to use evasive posture, dodge and struggle with leg-using skill, so any skill that involves leg use is blocked.
Use skill: 'Shake Off' (ふりはらう) or 'Struggle Violently'
OR
Use magic: 'Psi Aero' (サイ・エアロ)
OR
Use item: 'Storm Sphere' (暴風球).​
押し倒し - Knocked down
A state when enemy is on Richard after knocking him down.
Unable to use evasive posture and dodge. If not quickly broken free, subsequent attacks in that state might come in barrages.
Use skill: 'Shake Off' or 'Kick Away' or 'Struggle Violently'
OR
Use magic: 'Psi Aero'
OR
Use item: 'Storm Sphere'.​
口塞ぎ - Blocked mouth
A state when Richard's mouth or entirety of his face was covered.
Unable to use items, requesting specific skills or other commands that involve using mouth.
Use skill: 'Shake Off' or 'Struggle Violently'.​
乳首攻め - Nipple assault
A state when enemy stimulates Richard's nipples.
Faith will slightly reduce every turn. Usability of commands won't be really affected, but some mental-based status effects will be more likely to land on him.
Use skill: 'Kick Away' or 'Struggle Violently'
OR
OR
(For the following three starting from this one, method of breaking free will be different from usual struggling)
粘液まみれ - Covered in mucus
A state when Richard is bound by something sticky or slimy.
'Struggle' skills will have a low chance of breaking free from the bind. To escape, either use wind magic or 'Storm Sphere' item (暴風球).
OR
糸拘束 - Bound by thread
A state when Richard's body is entangled in thread.
When inflicted along with arms and legs bind, Richard will gain a unique struggle skill 'Remove thread'. It should be used first before he can free his limbs.
Use skill: 'Remove thread'.​
蛇体拘束 - Bound by snake tail
A state when Richard is bound by a tightening snake tail.
Requires an action to be taken in advance to avoid being bound. Struggling in this state will merely make enemy tighten the bind and inflict tons of fetish-type damage.
NONE
(These last three states are used when enemy is attempting to finish Richard off. If his Faith will be reduced to 0 when under these states, he will get a bad ending and a trauma (心蝕) from that demon.
搾精体勢 - Milking position
A state when demon prepares to steal Richard's soul. Inflicted at the same time as 'Crotch assault' or 'Magic vagina'.
If Richard's Lust will reach 1000 in this state, demon will steal Faith Levels from him.
Use skill: 'Struggle Violently'
Requirements: Simultaneously inflicted 'Crotch assault' or 'Magic vagina' are removed.
股間攻め - Crotch assault
A state when demon focuses on pleasuring Richard's penis through any method besides inserting.
Every turn, Lust will increase greatly; focus first and foremost on removing this status effect.
Use skill: 'Shake Off' or 'Struggle Violently'
OR
Use magic: 'Psi Aero'.​
(new) 魔膣 - Magic vagina
A state when Richard was consumed by demon's semen-voracious vagina.
Every turn, Lust will greatly increase and temptation status effects are guaranteed to land on him.
Use skill: 'Struggle Violently'
OR
Furthermore, NekoAran posted
that Vitality cost of struggle skills will be changed (subject to change):
'Shake Off' and 'Kick Away' will cost 5 Vitality;
'Struggle Violently' will cost 45 Vitality, but breaking free is guaranteed.
P.S. about the last column of table not matching in dividing with the most part: this is due to the max amount of rows you can make the table with is 10, and this one is 11th, so I just added a new table...If someone knows how to fix this, please tell me.

Last edited: