What's new

RPG RPG Maker [DEVIL'S OFFICE] SHRIFT (RJ209839)

Madflavor

Reputation score
Right now i'm just trying to get it to work. I patched Part 4, but now the first girl isn't showing on screen in the battle screen. Maybe because the patch isn't updated?

Edit: Nvm, was able to fix this issue at least.

Last edited:

Madflavor

Reputation score
About to leave to celebrate Christmas, but earlier this morning I tried downloading the DLC, I moved the folders into the game directory, and then I loaded up and input the code into the Roast Pig, and nothing happens. I don't get a gem or anything. Anyone know whats up with that?

Mikufanboy

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score
Did you finish chapter 2? I think that was also a requirement.

Man, the ending to genocide was rather... disappointing in terms of expectations given I've already seen the gimmick it uses; but fucking hell the final boss there was by far the hardest fight in the game. No gimmicks either it's just a straight brawl. If anyone is planning on doing that route, I STRONGLY recommend you backup your savedata and public data beforehand.

Looking forward to see this game properly translated someday to get some context on the story. Overall this was a fantastic H game!

Madflavor

Reputation score
I did finish Chapter 2. I'm in CHapter 4 now.

Is this the right code? 2006094

Edit: nvm, finally got it.

Last edited:

Madflavor

Reputation score
At the final boss. Have to admit, I'm not okay at all with how the fight is designed. It crosses the line for me. Way too much patience and rng is required to beat her.

starway

Reputation score
Did you finish chapter 2? I think that was also a requirement.

Man, the ending to genocide was rather... disappointing in terms of expectations given I've already seen the gimmick it uses; but fucking hell the final boss there was by far the hardest fight in the game. No gimmicks either it's just a straight brawl. If anyone is planning on doing that route, I STRONGLY recommend you backup your savedata and public data beforehand.

Looking forward to see this game properly translated someday to get some context on the story. Overall this was a fantastic H game!
At the final boss. Have to admit, I'm not okay at all with how the fight is designed. It crosses the line for me. Way too much patience and rng is required to beat her.
So both genocide and true mercy final bosses are bullshit hard huh. So how many fights just the first monster then final boss?

tecnologias14

Reputation score
So I beat the game, and got Normal/Neutral End A after a certain hard boss fight with multiple phases (btw I was doing Pacifist run). The game then recommended me to play it again, and I managed to recruit said boss and all previous monster girls too (including the previous one before the boss) since the game clear room showed them. What am I missing for the True End?

Btw, if you replay the game all the monster girls remember you so there's pretty much no fights, with some hilarious ones included because of this fact.

Birbenzunf

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Is there like any counterplay at all for the third form of the 4-2 boss? The first two forms are mostly a cakewalk, but the third one feels like complete bullcrap to me. I feel like there is no indication at all of when she uses her Roar which might as well be an insta kill if it hits, Sylph Storm will randomly decide not to work and a single hits take away your entire life on Normal and still randomly inflicts Stun on Easy, and the time stop is just icing on the cake on a boss like this, since when you are panicked your evasion basically drops to zero, but she is so quick you don't have time to heal from it. I've just recently realized that even in the best RNG blessings, I barely have the time to attack her at all, and even when I manage to, her health seems to be much higher than the previous two forms. I don't even want to know what other form is there after that.

SexBattle316

Reputation score
i will await a already patched part 4. and keep searching too. i could not get it to work. i failed.

magmadude

Reputation score
Is there like any counterplay at all for the third form of the 4-2 boss? The first two forms are mostly a cakewalk, but the third one feels like complete bullcrap to me. I feel like there is no indication at all of when she uses her Roar which might as well be an insta kill if it hits, Sylph Storm will randomly decide not to work and a single hits take away your entire life on Normal and still randomly inflicts Stun on Easy, and the time stop is just icing on the cake on a boss like this, since when you are panicked your evasion basically drops to zero, but she is so quick you don't have time to heal from it. I've just recently realized that even in the best RNG blessings, I barely have the time to attack her at all, and even when I manage to, her health seems to be much higher than the previous two forms. I don't even want to know what other form is there after that.
There is a new magic skill called ヘルブレイブ(Hell Break) that prevents you from getting stunned and other things in 10 turns, both your resistance and stamina will also recover 50% each turn. Although an important note is that the spell is not working properly in the first or first two versions of this patch that the bad status prevention part is not working (I still beat it with the bug because I was lucky), the recovery part is still helpful tho so you can either try this now or patch the recent version and try again.

Madflavor

Reputation score
So both genocide and true mercy final bosses are bullshit hard huh. So how many fights just the first monster then final boss?
Yup. Mercy route final boss has 4 forms. You die at any of them, you start over to the first form. A lot of Rng is involved too. I gave up last night. Might try again tonight, but I’m really turned off by it. If I feel like I beat a boss because of sheer luck, and not because I have high stats and using the correct strategy, then that’s bad game design.

At the very least selecting “get revenge” should bring you back to the last form you died on. I’m okay with Shrift’s difficulty being sadistic. I made it to the end after all. But I think the dev went too far here.

Edit: On that note a 100% completed Save would be appreciated at this point. Kinda hate myself for saying that, but there's other games I wanna play, and I don't wanna put myself through hours of melting my face against the same boss til I get lucky.

Last edited:

Aesthetic

Reputation score
Hell's secretary says that the amount of times you receive relief affects the ending.
Is this really true?

magmadude

Reputation score
Hell's secretary says that the amount of times you receive relief affects the ending.
Is this really true?
Yeah it is true. You cannot receive ANY relief if you want to get the true mercy ending, getting even one will downgrade to a normal mercy one.

Aesthetic

Reputation score
Yeah it is true. You cannot receive ANY relief if you want to get the true mercy ending, getting even one will downgrade to a normal mercy one.
Lol cool. I'll just go for the other endings on New Game Plus then.

Madflavor

Reputation score
Is there suppose to be some super secret boss if you go True Mercy?