What's new

ACT Shota [DHM] Super Monsters'n Girls (RJ252328)

OP
neutral

neutral

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
updated the thread, it seems the DL SITE link no longer works, and as a result no demo could be played by people just discovering the thread. A link to the public build and the devs patreon was added.

While im here, i'll update all you on the situation. DHM is currently heavily rebalancing the game and making drastic system changes, this means the game will be delayed significantly.
why?
levels are too hard. he stuck too close to ghosts and goblins style, and many people give up playing and dont make it too far. Despite the difficulty being the entire point, he would rather players have a more comfortable experience and as a result, is moving away from the ghosts and goblins style.

what will he do about it?
- life system, you can now take multiple hits.
-full air control with your jump arcs
-change to hentai system, now contact of any kind will trigger the scene. it also appears you have control of the H loop.

any other changes?
-Character redesign. he's no longer a knight. instead he's drawing inspiration from 17th century britain.
-character no longer becomes naked after damage, so as to move away from the ghosts and goblins style
-adding controller support
-adding pause button
-improved hentai camera zoom
-new sound effect library and character voices (at least for the MC)

source:

Attachments

IAmAKi

Reputation score
While im here, i'll update all you on the situation. DHM is currently heavily rebalancing the game and making drastic system changes, this means the game will be delayed significantly.
why?
levels are too hard. he stuck too close to ghosts and goblins style, and many people give up playing and dont make it too far. Despite the difficulty being the entire point, he would rather players have a more comfortable experience and as a result, is moving away from the ghosts and goblins style.
Huh, wow. First this guy makes all his demos free, and now he's taking actual criticism on board plus heavily revamping his game.
At the same time I'm happy he's such a caring dev, yet I'm also kind of sad. I loved the heavy Ghosts n' Goblins take on things, although a lot of the other changes I welcome.

...were levels really that hard though? I just remember the first being a pain in the ass and then the others after you could mostly mash out of defeat.
Well, I hope it all pays off for him in the end.

Fenril

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
Ghosts 'n Goblins has always been a franchise known for its difficulty, long before the meme where people said a game was the "Dark Souls" of something. GnG was like, the OG version of Dark Souls.

And I've found H-games and difficulty are like oil and water. Say what you want about not putting ANYTHING into an H-game, the last thing people want is being locked out of content due to the game being difficult.

Aesthetic

Reputation score
Ghosts 'n Goblins has always been a franchise known for its difficulty, long before the meme where people said a game was the "Dark Souls" of something. GnG was like, the OG version of Dark Souls.

And I've found H-games and difficulty are like oil and water. Say what you want about not putting ANYTHING into an H-game, the last thing people want is being locked out of content due to the game being difficult.
Full saves are easy to get access to in my experience.
Heck some games even come with a full save.

H-games being independently produced usually aren't too long. Difficult games make the game longer, and more satisfying when you do succeed.

Tentacle_advisor

Reputation score
Eh. I really enjoyed its difficulty for the two levels that are present in the demo.
It's a bit challenging but not impossible, just right. So I'm quite unhappy about the combat being made easier.

Strange

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
I feel the same...
The 1st game had a good balance - evil, but not so evil that you'd smash your computer against the wall, and evil enough so you'd feel badass when you get to the end. I could only finish with the cheat the 1st time around, but it became manageable after some practice.

However, it's not all bad. We might get that shota situation resolved before it starts, and a few hearts won't make much of a difference (the G&Gs also allowed for 1 hit before you get killed, same as 1st game). As long as there's enough (quality) game in my H, I'm good.
Oh, and air control... Hell yeah! Jumps were the most gruesome thing to master.

Reputation score
Couple new Ci-en posts, the most recent one has a picture of a gun and the American Revolution? I'm a little confused and google translate isnt the best

Strange

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
You could just check his patreon for info/reports
I'm pretty sure it's about MC's redesign; like, late 18th century America instead of 15th century Great Britain.

OP
neutral

neutral

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
small update showing the new ero system. scenes start with foreplay, then transition to the scenes we got before. also, you blow up when you die.

IAmAKi

Reputation score
Ehh... I don't like the new protagonist's design. I've given it time to try and see if like his new threads, but... it feels like the dev's spent unnecessary time on making something worse.

How to put it, there's just something off about the new MC. Maybe it's that sunday morning jogger animation he does for running, or that he throws... full-sized guns at enemies?
I don't get it. The dev's said he's trying to move further away from ghouls and goblins, while making an MC that functions almost the same and is just dressed differently.

Sure, the old MC was just in pants when he took a hit, but he was animated to be very Arthur-like. Not seeing him doing his trademark over the top run is almost.. saddening now.
I just. Don't think the dev needed to spend days changing his sprites. But other than lost time, the old MC was simple, easy to sprite, and monster girls had a lot less clothing to remove.

ThatWeirdGuyWithaWeirdHat

The Gentleman Thief
Reputation score
The weapon itself is probably for dev purposes only.

I actually like the new design. While yes he looks a lot less masculine, that's probably what DHM was going for.

Aesthetic

Reputation score
Ehh... I don't like the new protagonist's design. I've given it time to try and see if like his new threads, but... it feels like the dev's spent unnecessary time on making something worse.

How to put it, there's just something off about the new MC. Maybe it's that sunday morning jogger animation he does for running, or that he throws... full-sized guns at enemies?
I don't get it. The dev's said he's trying to move further away from ghouls and goblins, while making an MC that functions almost the same and is just dressed differently.

Sure, the old MC was just in pants when he took a hit, but he was animated to be very Arthur-like. Not seeing him doing his trademark over the top run is almost.. saddening now.
I just. Don't think the dev needed to spend days changing his sprites. But other than lost time, the old MC was simple, easy to sprite, and monster girls had a lot less clothing to remove.
I disagree.
I think the new protagonist looks more like an every-man then before.

Since his face is always showing DHM is taking advantage of that by giving a facial portrait to show his expressions change.

I think the arthur design was good, but that's a combat focused design. The new design I feel allows for better seamless transition into sex. My only complaint is that he looks too much like the FOBS hero. DHM's unique design sensibilities are pretty weak.

Deleted member 80122

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
I honestly couldn't care less about what the Protag looks like unless he looks like he's been through a dry cleaner with his skin turned in reverse Realllllly wish he didn't look like the FOBS protag though.

Aesthetic

Reputation score
I honestly couldn't care less about what the Protag looks like unless he looks like he's been through a dry cleaner with his skin turned in reverse Realllllly wish he didn't look like the FOBS protag though.
Sounds like you do care?
Lol don't worry I get where you're coming from.

Strange

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Realllllly wish he didn't look like the FOBS protag though.
Maybe the "notice me, senpaaai!" strategy failed, so he switched to "I'll make it look like I'm cheating on u with Zell"? Cute.

I liked G'nG's goofy running animation and I don't really see the point, but I'm in favor of anything that can make that 'shota' tag up there disappear.
I'd rather that work & effort had gone towards the female characters, truth to be said.

OP
neutral

neutral

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
The fobs protagonist is just the [default] setting in every hentai game. The protagonist for MnG already looked that way, he's just got different clothes on. MY preference would be if he kept working on the H content. I really liked the new enemies he was teasing. A bat girl with a faceride 69? HOT. but nah, gotta wait for that. Oh well, plenty to play and do in the meantime. The extra foreplay is a change for the better imo

ThatWeirdGuyWithaWeirdHat

The Gentleman Thief
Reputation score
Just to update on what's going on to the development of this game, he's been polishing up and reworking old enemies and changing around the gameplay. Getting grabbed by certain enemies is no longer an insta-kill with the presence of a struggle meter and there's been some development of some of the new stage's enemies as well as new enemies for the pre-existing levels.

He's also been dealing with his own mix of issues with the quarantine and has been called back into work on the 30th of June.