What's new

Dragon Ball? :D

Luppikun

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: Dragon Ball? :D

The manga is amazing. So yes, Brotherhood following the manga is a very good thing. So, Toxic found every episode of YYH?

Master_Bei_Shun

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Well to my knowledge the link Lucas posted goes to a SITE thats hosting the questionable media...

The site may be illegal but we should be in no danger with a simple link to such site...

Next topic:

1) Oni: In FMA anime 1... Who if it didn't follow the Manga WAS in it?

Only FMA episodes I've seen have been Ed and Al just like the Manga...

2) Watsuki was a genius Ruroken was 255 chapters of progressivly better drawings and deeper character interations... All of which he took to the cancelled Buso Renkin series...

I'm just looking for more than like 8 chapters of Embalming... His fourth series... And only one to not hit America yet...

3) Did anybody else find the ending of Yu Yu Hakusho as funny as I did?

Beats Sensui, find out he's demon... Hold his own tournament in a pacifist Toguro style... And instead of having the big fights of said tournament be the final, his final opponent is...

Red button, Blue button, Yellow button... Press one button the machine deactivates and all is happy in the world, (Yay!) one button for destruction of his home town, (Oh noes!) and the last destroys all of spirit world... (Meh... Didn't like them anyways... Sorry Botan...)

Anybody else get reminded of Fable 2?

Host

Lurker
Reputation score

SirOni said:
@Host: this is one of those extremely rare times when I'm too tired to rage.
*Takes pictures while the moment lasts*

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

1) Oni: In FMA anime 1... Who if it didn't follow the Manga WAS in it?

Only FMA episodes I've seen have been Ed and Al just like the Manga...
If I remember correctly it goes in its own direction shortly after (spoiler) Maes Hughes dies. Most of the characters are in the original anime except for the Xing characters because they decide to take the 'alternate earth' route though (spoiler) Father (the homunculus in the jar) isn't the antagonist of the story, a woman called Dante is. Basically she and Hohenheim created the first Philosophers Stone so they could become immortal though somewhere down the line Hohenheim developed a conscience and leaves her. This forced Dante to create the Homunculi to spread around rumours and get potential alchemists to make the stone for her so she could steal it from them. There's a lot more to that but that's basically the plot. There are a couple of other characters, two of the homunculi are completely different characters as well as Wrath being renamed Pride. Anywho, there's always wiki if you want to find out more.

Darmy647

Lurker
Reputation score

I really, really enjoyed FMA. The first time through. Then CN did the worst thing possible. They spammed the same episodes where Edward fighted a dude who was a a soul trapped within a piece of armor who fought like a shogun. So my love of it died rather fast. Its very, very disappointing.

Luppikun

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I was pissed at CN for a while because they always stopped playing new ones right before you meet Father. Then they would go back to the beginning. The episode "Seperate Destinations". Watching it once? Fine. Watching it ten times? Sad as hell. But now they're playing new ones again, so yay.

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

I really, really enjoyed FMA. The first time through. Then CN did the worst thing possible. They spammed the same episodes where Edward fighted a dude who was a a soul trapped within a piece of armor who fought like a shogun. So my love of it died rather fast. Its very, very disappointing.
The slasher brothers were awesome, it's a shame what happens to them though.

Luppikun

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I personally find Ling, Barry, and Hughes to be the best characters...

Darmy647

Lurker
Reputation score

I was pissed at CN for a while because they always stopped playing new ones right before you meet Father. Then they would go back to the beginning. The episode "Seperate Destinations". Watching it once? Fine. Watching it ten times? Sad as hell. But now they're playing new ones again, so yay.
They finally meet their father? Good. Honestly, if anybody knows where the series is uploaded chronologically, i'll watch them, ive always wanted to actually finish the series. Hell, i even followed Inuyasha ALL the way through.

Luppikun

Tentacle God
Reputation score

No, no. They meet FATHER. Not their father. Father. Creator of the Homunculi.

And did Inuyasha end?

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

They finally meet their father? Good. Honestly, if anybody knows where the series is uploaded chronologically, i'll watch them, ive always wanted to actually finish the series. Hell, i even followed Inuyasha ALL the way through.
You could just read the manga, it's finished now. It should be on Bleach Exile and Manga Stream.

Luppikun

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I dunno. I quit after they chased down Naraku after 80+ episodes, finally catch him, and he escapes. SO THEY START CHASING HIM AGAIN.

Darmy647

Lurker
Reputation score

After all the goddamn movies i dont have any fuckin idea where the hell the series ended.

Lucas

Lurker
Reputation score

The anime ended due to lack of financial support (it ends with the characters promising they'll chase Naraku for as long as it takes) and the manga series did actually have an official end a year or two ago.

Luppikun

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Spoiler it and tell me what the ending was. Or what the last 5 chapters were (the chapter number).

Darmy647

Lurker
Reputation score

The anime ended due to lack of financial support (it ends with the characters promising they'll chase Naraku for as long as it takes) and the manga series did actually have an official end a year or two ago.
Really? That sucks. I figured it would end in a much more epic way, and that leaves room for a sequel =0

Unknown Squid

Aurani's Wife
Reputation score

That kinda stuff is the reason I somewhat dislike most "TV anime", meaning the kinds that run on semi indefinitely and hit three digit episode numbers. They are far too often padded out and stretched as long as possible for monetary reasons over good story telling. It always seems like the entire series is being played in slow motion. And then there's the filler episodes (or whole filler arcs in some cases) where you can visibly see the animation studio's desperate attempts to produce the amount demanded of them whilst saving enough production time to continue the main plot at some reasonable degree of quality.

Darmy647

Lurker
Reputation score

That kinda stuff is the reason I somewhat dislike most "TV anime", meaning the kinds that run on semi indefinitely and hit three digit episode numbers. They are far too often padded out and stretched as long as possible for monetary reasons over good story telling. It always seems like the entire series is being played in slow motion. And then there's the filler episodes (or whole filler arcs in some cases) where you can visibly see the animation studio's desperate attempts to produce the amount demanded of them whilst saving enough production time to continue the main plot at some reasonable degree of quality.
thats the BIGGEST reason i hate Naruto with a passion. it felt like every episode except a few rare ones were character filler.

Lucas

Lurker
Reputation score

My not very exciting summary for the official manga ending of Inuyasha.

Basically, there is a huge battle with Naraku binding his spirit to the fully restored Shikon Jewel itself, giving him an unimaginable power. However, Kikyo allows herself to be absorbed into it as well, thus negating the evil energy within and killing Naraku while trapping herself inside it and rendering it inert in the process. With Naraku beaten, everyone is happy.

Kagome is then shown to be finishing up high school so she can marry Inuyasha afterwards, Sango and Miroku are shown to have at least 3 kids with more on the way, and Sesshomaru is still a bit of a jerk but he's cool with Inu and the others. The end.