What's new

Dragon Ball? :D

Darmy647

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: Dragon Ball? :D

My not very exciting summary for the official manga ending of Inuyasha.

Basically, there is a huge battle with Naraku binding his spirit to the fully restored Shikon Jewel itself, giving him an unimaginable power. However, Kikyo allows herself to be absorbed into it as well, thus negating the evil energy within and killing Naraku while trapping herself inside it and rendering it inert in the process. With Naraku beaten, everyone is happy.

Kagome is then shown to be finishing up high school so she can marry Inuyasha afterwards, Sango and Miroku are shown to have at least 3 kids with more on the way, and Sesshomaru is still a bit of a jerk but he's cool with Inu and the others. The end.
Now thats atleast a fuckin ending. Jesus. The anime one sounded like rippling ass.

Luppikun

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Wow. That's pretty standard for an ending. But at least it's an ending.

Kusanagi

Chief Nippleseer
Reputation score

if you could revive any anime series, what would it be?
SoulTaker.

If for nothing else, at least so more people can hear .

Last edited:

Luppikun

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Hmm... Cowboy Bebop, definitely.

Unknown Squid

Aurani's Wife
Reputation score

thats the BIGGEST reason i hate Naruto with a passion. it felt like every episode except a few rare ones were character filler.
Character filler? That might be okay if it was genuine extra backing to a character, but most of the Naruto filler is just complete bullshit. It's worse. I've seen most of the series because my flatmates haven't yet given up on it and persevere through it to get the good bits. It gets put on the big TV across the room whilst I'm at my laptop.

The people in charge of (making money off) the series have stretched it to breaking point. They even did an episode consisting entirely of one long flashback. The filler episodes make frequent contradictions with the central story line, and are down right horrendous in animation and writing quality. You can honestly count the frames as you go through them sometimes. The pacing is so slow that if someone edited and chopped parts out of the filler arcs, they could likely condense five episodes into one without losing any real content and make it a bit more watchable.

Luppikun

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Wait. We're talking about pointless fillers in Naruto and we don't mention the episode where he has to go the bathroom? A whole episode... of Naruto trying to not shit his pants... That's why i prefer Bleach. Yes, they have lot's of fillers and flashbacks... but the flashbacks take up the first 1.5 minutes, and the rest is new material. Oh, and the fillers are arcs. Most of which aren't that bad, IMO.
Except sword beasts. Stupidest idea ever.

Incubus

Horn Dog
Reputation score

They even did an episode consisting entirely of one long flashback
Reminds me of when Ikkitousen did a flashback to before the start of the manga, and stayed there so long I'd forgotten whether or not we were still in the past or not. Entire episode? Try almost entire book.

Master_Bei_Shun

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

For the continuation of a series...

I'd say Code Geass...

Pairing the intresting anti-governmental plot

With mech warfare scenes superior to the Gundam series at a fraction of the size...

With the current controversial ending at the end of the second season, they COULD continue it in a number of ways...

And anyways... I could always watch more of that series... Kallen and C.C. were friggen smoken hawt... ^_^

Luppikun

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Hey, another C.C. fan! No one seems to like her... Not enough emotions...

Darmy647

Lurker
Reputation score

im happy someone else shares my hate of the naruto series, but lets not forget how terrible Inuyasha was on stretching out the needless shit. Heck, thats half of the reason they had so many seasons.

Darmy647

Lurker
Reputation score

HALF the reason?
im fairly certain dude. You have to admit there were a fuckton of parts they had allot of filler in it. I loved the action when it did happen though.

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

All this talk of filler episodes, and slow pacing with contradictory content and so on and so forth has reminded me why I enjoy HBO. Ah good 'ol Rome and Band of Brothers, and the Pacific. Also Spartacus, even if it wasn't HBO.

Luppikun

Tentacle God
Reputation score

im fairly certain dude. You have to admit there were a fuckton of parts they had allot of filler in it. I loved the action when it did happen though.
I was implying that not much happened. If you cut out all extraneous episodes, you'd have about 20 episodes left...

@Sinfulwolf: HBO does indeed rock. I love Deadwood and True Blood.

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

True Blood I was actually surprised at. I wasn't sure how much I would enjoy it until a friend of mine recommended it.
So of course I watch it, and was hooked.

Luppikun

Tentacle God
Reputation score

It is awesome, if not a little predictable...