Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: Dragon Game interest check.

I can make that time.

maikochan

User #69
Reputation score

Mentioned it before, but figured I'd repeat it here.

I checked my schedule and I have a course starting next week at exactly the same time that we started today at. Would it be too late or inconvenient to move back to the 1pm EST time?

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

We moved it up because Caulder's is a player in a game at the same time. If he's fine playing and running, then I think we can all make it with no issues.

OP
Caulder

Caulder

Is completely fucking irrelevant. And he's a bitch
RP Moderator
Reputation score

If it's better for Maiko we'll move it back to 1PM EST.

maikochan

User #69
Reputation score

I believe the course is a 3 hour one, so I should be able to get back before the game starts. I mean, there's still a whole week ahead, and I'll have a better idea of timing after the course starts, so... I guess for now, assume I can make the 1pm time, but with the possibility I might be late?

If it gets too troublesome, we can probably come up with a way to have Astris sit out until the course ends (8 week course, if I remember correctly). Though I'd rather not do that...

Sorry about the problems.

ShadowWolfSBI

Chief Spam Hunter Why Are You Making Me Do This
Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Okay, finally getting around to getting this up. May still make some tweaks here and there to descriptions, though. Spoilers solely to cover large chunks of text.
EDIT: Yes, I'd cleared this with Caulder first.

Character Name: Narcirthur
Race: Human
Physical Description:
Tall, with an agile build. Black hair with grey eyes and a light complexion. Facial features are sharp yet show signs of hard travel. Grey tunic and pants with soft leather boots when not "in field". When "in field", wears a dark green, almost black, leather outfit with a dull scale hauberk under the vest, the pauldrons of which bear the heraldry marking his current service to Lady Amelia Black, and a hooded cloak of the same color as the outfit over it. In both outfits, wears a brooch at the shoulder, which appears to be three interlocked rings in a trefoil fashion, copper to the lower left, tin to the lower right, and bronze at the top, with a beryl set in the center. His Outlander brand appears as a magic seal on the back of his left hand: A ring which should be made of sixteen segments, yet is missing one, and has what seems to be a stylized flame in the center.

Gear:
Most of Narcirthur's carried belongings are kept in three satchels, one on each hip and a third slung across his back when he carries them. One of the satchels contains various scrolls and papers, most of which are works detailing languages and writing systems. One of the others contains various flat stones, as well as chisels, rifflers, and other tools of a nature for engraving, as well as some more papers and writing tools. The final satchel contains a variety of herbs, as well as tools for crafting smaller pieces of metalwork, and gemcutting. In addition to these, Narcirthur carries both a sword and a bow and quiver.
Motivations: At the moment, Narcirthur's motivations seem to be tied up in puzzling out certain dreams that he's had since his arrival in Ainia... One of which lead him to the service of Lady Amelia Black, as her keep seemed to fit the "hall of black" mentioned in the dream. The only notable stipulation for his service seems to be that any metals or gems paid to him be unworked.
Other Notes:
Narcirthur seems keenly interested in languages, particularly in how the choice of words for describing something is made. His own speech tends to be slightly more careful than most, perhaps because of this study. Interestingly enough, his own name is, by admission, less of a name and more of a sort of title given to him by persons unmentioned, prior to his arrival in Ainia. Aside from that interest, it is known that he has a sizable store of knowledge in herbalism, and is versed in the methods of healing injuries without resorting to magic. Oddly, even if using his exact methods, his results still tend to be more impressive than normal. As mentioned in his motivations, he occasionally has dreams that seem more akin to semi-prophetic visions than normal dreams. Perhaps because of these oddities, he seems to have more of an aged or grave demeanor than his appearance suggests. Finally, although he keeps the knowledge to himself, he has been shown to possess great skill in the crafting of jewelry.

Dragon Name: Alagos
Race: Stormcutter
Picture Link:
Personality: Even more quiet and reserved that his rider, Alagos seems to trust Narcirthur's judgement enough to let the rider do most of the talking for the pair. There is some thought that the Stormcutter often assists, through their bond, in some of Narcirthur's efforts to unveil the hidden meanings of the rider's dreams. He does seem to maintain one of the nesting behavior of Stormcutters: A tendency towards acting as a sort of 'peacekeeper' among other dragons.
Notes:
The Stormcutter that would be called Alagos was the first to bear witness to Narcirthur's healing skills upon the latter's arrival to Ainia. Agitated by injury, a large gash near his wings that was hindering flight, he was found by Coalition Riders, with a group of madmen hunting him. While the riders debated what to do, the Outlander appeared, and after learning the situation, offered his aid to the dragon and the riders. As the riders prepared to defend the injured dragon, Narcirthur began speaking to the dragon in a strange tongue, seeming to calm the dragon. After the skirmish, the riders requested that the Outlander accompany them back to the White City, interested in learning more about what the man had done. By the time the group had reached their destination, the dragon had recovered, and a friendship had begun to form between dragon and Outlander. Since then, the two have become a bonded Rider pair, in service to the Coalition. In addition, Narcirthur has since reworked his "in field" outfit, adding fire resistance to it in response to Alagos' fire tornado sheath tactic, although the tactic is less used.

Housing: A large modified stable-like affair. A small three-room area for Narcirthur and his collection of writings and lore, a large sheltered area for Alagos almost akin to a pavillion, a small sheltered "workshop" for the jewelry crafting, and a sort of large open-air "porch" that can serve as take-off/landing zone for Alagos.
I suppose that it could also serve as a meeting/briefing area for the riders, as well.

Rough sketch:

Non-character related notes:
Yes, I'm aware that arguably the name of the rider is grammatically incorrect. However, it's a name and there's a bit of stylistic leeway given, and it was decided that the given spelling looks a bit better.

>Alagos' speech<
Anything over the bond
Narcirthur's native language

Last edited: