What's new

RPG [DW Soft] Gears Freak (RJ156965)

Casual19

Mystic Girl
Reputation score
Re: Gears Freak

How to make her avatar show up on the screen?
You probably accidentally turned it off in the options.

On the first page of the options menu, make sure you have "Display opaque" on some number. The higher the less transparent the picture is. You probably have yours on the lowest.

I've attached an image to help a bit. The pic is small but the stuff I circled is the main settings your looking for.

I'd also recommend installing the partial that grolik made a page back, if you haven't already. Its still up as of this posting.

I also think your can change what shes wearing in the item menu under key items. You can also change colors of her stuff by buying certain things from one of the shops in town.
Its been awhile since I played this, so you'll have to forgive me if I'm wrong or not being clear enough on this.

Attachments

dagecko

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I have really liked what I have played of this one (on v2), but as the game spams the HELL out of any translator program (and I, at least, don't know how to filter it out) - it is difficult for me to add much help (though I would LOVE some if someone knows a way to filter it)

the game itself is good - fairly smooth, a HOST of options on just about anything you could want and graphics / art is decent. Seems to be pretty stable too

xXCygnus13Xx

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Anyone have a link to the most current version (2.0.4 i think)?

johntrine

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

are there seriously no save? seriously?

obligitury

Sex Demon
Reputation score

it is hard to think there isnt huh? but i guess people just stopped playing the game and havent beaten it.

zendreon

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

sorry for necro but this game got an update on Dec 30th 2016. would anyone happen to have access to share it?

obligitury

Sex Demon
Reputation score

i didnt think id hear of this game getting an update. now im excited.

DaBouncer

Demon Girl
Reputation score

HOLY SHIT, ver. 3.0, wasn't it only 2.0.4 before? HYPE!

No clue what was added, and my internet is shitting itself so I can't even download it to see what was added, can anyone find out what's new?

EDIT: Scratch that, found a post from the dev's site (didn't realise they had one...)
Google-fu says:
Major updates
during the round of the game, skills, equipment, you will be able to take over the gold and the magic stone.
  You can take over by setting the crystal in the upper right corner of the battle simulation.
· It becomes possible to change the main character customization with the mouse.
  A customized menu dedicated to the mouse is added.
  You can display it by pressing the middle mouse button on the title or menu screen.
· It will be possible to change the color of the leading character with the color picker.
· Baosteel system will be added.
  Sockets will be added to the equipment.
  Jewels may be obtained if you release magical powers.
  When a cum shot critical happens with insert jump, it gets available after a while.
· The combo system will be added.
  When to hit the skills in a continuous, damage magnification UP
  (If you put an end) acquisition magic instrument rank UP will occur.
· The UI is changed slightly.
  Tabs, scroll bars etc are added.
· You will be able to see the list of records you touched.
  You can let Selina explain.
  At first it can be seen in the laboratory.
· People will react when exposed in town.
· "To random change" and "to choice" are added to the skipping of scene events.
· Automatic text feed will be available.
  You can turn ON / OFF with [Tab].
· How to use the game pad will become available.
  The "simultaneous push" type and the new "switch type" until now.
  Optimized for XBox 360 controller.
   Use the [R] button to change the shortcut part to be used.
   The function of the [L] button can be changed.
· The automatic equipment of the equipment menu becomes multi-function.
  Favorites, (with consideration of the equipment performance) attack force, the lightest such as
dungeon, the boss will be added.
· Sub events are added. (Luard, nobles, merchants, boy)
items will be added.
· Type of performance qualified for equipment is added.
- Synthesized equipment will be added to the drop table.
  If "enemy level" is set larger than 0 it will be added.
· You will be able to acquire orbs without having to proceed with all the training.
· Animation can be hidden by FPS.
  Delay is less likely to occur when more effects are displayed at the same time.
· You will be able to display details of the equipment from the log as well.
· You will be able to change colors from scratch.
  Some images (scrollable type images in the main part) are not supported.
· It will not change clothes automatically.
  In order to return the clothes to the original before obtaining Orb, it is necessary to repair in the inn.
· Voice playback function (extra function) will be added.
  Set the "VOICE_LIST.txt" in the GearsFreak_ ~ / Audio / VOICE folder
  you need to put an audio file in that folder.
  Note: Voice files are not added.
Brief look, seems to me 3.0 adds a new voice function that can easily be missed, since you need to do... something?

Last edited:

Wuumaster

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Brief look, seems to me 3.0 adds a new voice function that can easily be missed, since you need to do... something?
From the sounds of it, they've added the option to use your own voice files, if you have some.

Here's hoping someone can find a copy of the new version for us, and doubly hoping someone can find/make a working partial.

obligitury

Sex Demon
Reputation score

i agree, i seriously love the customization in this game, both in terms of what you look like, and how you mess around with the hentai stuff, my only problem was since it was japanize, i could never figure out what to do after i defeated the big bird. (probably got glitched.) so having a partical can get me to actually finish the game.

adatt

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Did I hear....a request?

The risk is high....but the prize...

Attachments

zendreon

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Did I hear....a request?

The risk is high....but the prize...
Oh... I already bought it. I was gonna share it within a week's time but also figured someone might share it before me eventually. You get a plus rep from me anyway! :D

Also, what the heck is with this game's difficulty spike? Get the best buy-able armors, proceed to get wrecked by immobility status galore. Im stuck at the Orc Coal Mine. I reached a dead end in there so i skipped that dungeon but then got wrecked by possessed zombies.

Seriously, i have no idea how to get stronger in this game other than to level up and that takes forever. There is the crafting shop but i can't read moonrunes and have no idea how to get the specific currency to craft. Help please?

EDIT: What happened to the scale to add rep?

Last edited:

zendreon

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

So i read the thread like i should of before. I learned how to get dust, stones, etc. I used the item drop rate lvl 2 stone on Garuda before i beat it. I got some new gear with some pretty sick effects but the stats are much to be desired. I'm kinda starting to understand why this game is called "Gears Freak" now...

Now im curious. If this hunch serves me correctly, those white circles on the side of some gear (not sure if they're new to 3.0) should be slots for more additional effects. If they really are, does anyone know how to install effects into them? Cuz i have 3 pieces of separate gear with 2 circles each. It would be a huge waste not to use them if they really are additional slots.

EDIT: Nvm, figured it out. They really are slots! The install option is on the equipment screen, third tab from the left. Any gear with a white dot can have an orb installed into it. I have plenty of orbs for some reason. I'm sure you can also buy these orbs somewhere too. Dis gonna be gud!!

Last edited:

DaBouncer

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I think the slots are new to 3.0.0.

Also, this game really does need a partial. Only problem is it is extremely script heavy, and every partial attempt made on it has always gone incomplete. Worst offender is the options menu (which is vital if you want this game to run well). I love this game but god damn does it seem unfriendly to translators.

HentaiProdigy

Cthulhu
Reputation score

I've tried playing this game and I get nowhere. It's decently fun, but I dunno... it lags like mad, it's status-effects-city everywhere you go, it takes ages to level up and the controls are atrocious. Not to mention it's Japanese without any available full or partial translation, making it a bitch to know what the hell you're doing. Would also like to get some hentai scenes outside of combat, but I haven't found anything except for the VR dude, and it just repeats the same scene over and over with the main character getting her panties sniffed or whatever.

Will try to do the rat boss people spoke of in the earlier pages. I want to like the game, but it's kind of difficult right now.

DaBouncer

Demon Girl
Reputation score

The game is very laggy for everyone, and you can only fix that via the options menu. As for status effects, it's not as bad as you think it is, and yeah the controls are very complex and convoluted, but once you get used to them they are manageable. The way the controls are set up, it'd probably be better to play this with a controller. It used to be worse with not knowing where you were going, as there never used to be any markers that helped say "hey go here to proceed".

As for the h scenes, that can be a bit problematic. You see, the VR guy has multiple scenes that're only unlocked as you defeat bosses, and the stuff you see in combat are more or less groping, no penetration from them until after you completed the game. Also, there are a few scenes you can get in the town area to the right of the market by destroying your clothes (there are plants all around this area that destroy certain parts if you walk over them), try finding all those plants and then talking to the people in that area (including the guy who's taking care of business, and he has a hidden scene. Hint: try talking to him from different areas). Most of the h scenes are after you complete the game, so don't bother experimenting with the new monsters you see, just speed run through ASAP, I don't think there're any missables.

zendreon

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't penetration optional after the VR Orc boss scene? sometime after that, you have the option of completely customizing your character situation portrait via the HUGE key item list. It ranges from degree of torn clothing, emotions, arm positions, leg positions, chains, ropes, tentacles, slimes, intercourse positions, semen on ____, and many other things of the sort.

Really, finding in game scenes isn't super special awesome cuz you can already make plenty yourself. You can bring these scenes into town if your shame is low enough. I for one have her kneeling on the ground with her legs spread open taking it up there as shes lifting her skirt smiling. The best part is that if you have something penetrating her and press "jump", she rides it, even in public! (1st screenshot).

Just beware, you cannot advance some story flags if she looks lewd. This only includes exposure. If you have something naughty down there, you can still progress if you cover it up (scandalous!). Funny thing though, i have her bra and panties colored transparent thanks to the store keeper on the left in front of the inn. So technically, shes wearing clothes according to herself and the NPCs but i can still see everything. :p (2nd and 3rd screenshot)

Attachments

Last edited:

srankstrum

Demon Girl
Reputation score

It looks like I missed a ton of stuff in this game customization-wise. I beat it and got a lot of the scenes, and I know how to change what the girl wears but I have no clue how to navigate the other options to change her poses and all that other stuff. It must have taken a ton of work for the creator to do all that.

Thanks for sharing the updated version!

zendreon

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I wish there was a good way to make money. You can either grind enemies or sell gear. Certain crafted accessories cost up to 40,000G!!

An average run of obtaining gear when using dust and stones is about 4,000G. When you sell the obtained gear, it only yields about 20,000G at most! In addition to that, if you sell your gear, you lose the option to make more dust and stones!! the money grind is so dang real... :(