Sex Demon
Reputation score
Re: [鳥籠] ドゥビドゥバーの世界性服

Oh.. God.. I can´t wait!

Ancellion

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

sooo ppl seem pretty hyped about this game, i mean i like the art from the one picture but is there something im missing? if so anyone care to enlighten me :D

OP
lazycat

lazycat

Lurker
Reputation score

sooo ppl seem pretty hyped about this game, i mean i like the art from the one picture but is there something im missing? if so anyone care to enlighten me :D
The character this time is Hoshimiya Kate from Zvezda, a...rather silly anime that was quite hilarious (although after 5th episode or so I find it starts to get bland)

Maryel

Lurker
Reputation score

yeah in certain way ive liked that anime a bit until i noticed the MC is just another trash

normally i hate anime that do that to MC thats why i liked kaibutsu ojou manga wish the trash MC make it an insane bastard XD

still kate for a H game from ntr maker i think will be extremely interesting il gladly buy it 3 days after comes out since il get my payment that day haha

Ayu Break

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

Could you elaborate on what you mean? I'm not sure I follow.

OP
lazycat

lazycat

Lurker
Reputation score

It's a character that people liked .- . more or less just that.

KHTA

Tentacle God
Reputation score

A MC that you want to like, but is just totally useless in nearly every way.

I will give him this though, at least he can actually cook.

In Kaibutsu Ojou manga, the MC starts off and through half of the manga being completely useless besides his ability to attract strong females but by the end he is one of the most powerful characters in the series.

Maryel

Lurker
Reputation score

haha cant deny that, to cook he is insane doing that much like if were nothing

still even though mc is like that i still want a 2nd season asap hah

Ancellion

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

ye i do know and watched that anime, and enjoyed it, just suprised ppl really wanted an adult game about it :p

also a cooking main character but otherwise bland is kind of a cliche in its own way ^^

BigJohnny

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Male protags in Jap games/animayes being useless fucking (non)characters is an old thing. They're supposed to be self-inserts for your average otaku and no matter how hard you try, you can't make an empty page interesting.

Ancellion

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Male protags in Jap games/animayes being useless fucking (non)characters is an old thing. They're supposed to be self-inserts for your average otaku and no matter how hard you try, you can't make an empty page interesting.
well it makes sense to have a bland protaganist, its easier to imagine oneself as him if he's as personality devoid as possible, another reason is that allot of anime especially highschool/slice of life series are based of VN's, and in a VN you are the protaganist so there's no precreated personality in many cases.
i personally like it if the hero of the story has a little more personality though.

KHTA

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Yes you can, you write in it.

A lot of old VNs allow you to pretty much create the personality of the bland MC. Making him go from that "Who was that guy!?" person and shaping him how you want. Sadly, a lot have been going down the self-inserts road but you others (usually the more successful ones) feature MCs with an already established personality. You get to tweak it here and there, but he pretty much stays himself.

Animes hardly ever use that route. The ones based off of VNs with a faceless/bland personality usually get one created for him. Look at Princess Lover. In game? faceless/bland. In anime? Funny and badass (and has a face!).

I'm with Ancellion though, I've never really got into the "MC is you." games. I like playing as a character with an name, with a backstory, with a personality. Whether it's a badass, a champion of GREAT JUSTICE, a wimp or a douchbag.....games are just more fun to me when it's seen through a 3rd person view.

Oh and @Ancellion.....so are girls who can't cook, but we still love em. ^^

OP
lazycat

lazycat

Lurker
Reputation score

Yes you can, you write in it.

A lot of old VNs allow you to pretty much create the personality of the bland MC. Making him go from that "Who was that guy!?" person and shaping him how you want. Sadly, a lot have been going down the self-inserts road but you others (usually the more successful ones) feature MCs with an already established personality. You get to tweak it here and there, but he pretty much stays himself.

Animes hardly ever use that route. The ones based off of VNs with a faceless/bland personality usually get one created for him. Look at Princess Lover. In game? faceless/bland. In anime? Funny and badass (and has a face!).

I'm with Ancellion though, I've never really got into the "MC is you." games. I like playing as a character with an name, with a backstory, with a personality. Whether it's a badass, a champion of GREAT JUSTICE, a wimp or a douchbag.....games are just more fun to me when it's seen through a 3rd person view.

Oh and @Ancellion.....so are girls who can't cook, but we still love em. ^^
Or the one who kinda earned his identity: Yu Narukami.

In-game, whatever you want him to be.

In anime, one stoic smooth badass (see the King's Game moment)

KHTA

Tentacle God
Reputation score

lol, yeah. It's one of the reasons I enjoy watching anime based off VNs. "How are they going to breath life into this character". But hey, even bland useless characters have a place. A LOT of works feature MCs who either already are or become way over the top, so seeing that bland MC every now and then is a nice change. But only if he's suppose to be that way, and not the self-insert ones.

I do wish Koihime Musou anime used the faceless/useless MC from the games. He was useless in battle, strategy......or even day to day work BUT his lines in the games were freaking golden. Well, some of them. Though on the other hand, it wouldn't have been the yuri heaven it was if he was there.....

Ancellion

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

as much as i love persona, yu is still preeeetty damn devoid of a real personality XD

robertohen

Sex Demon
Reputation score

:( bad news guys look the dlsiteblog.

KHTA

Tentacle God
Reputation score

:( bad news guys look the dlsiteblog.
It's been delayed, no biggie. That's been pretty common since mid last year. Unless it's being cancelled I'm not the least bit worried since there are plenty of other games to play.

edit: At least this dev is trying to stomp out the bugs ahead of time and not just release it and slowly fix very obvious bugs on a near unplayable game for a month or more.

Longherin

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Reality happened.

Look on the bright side. He (they?) are actually delaying the game for polish instead of...uh, what's it called.

Oh yeah. Early Access.

Zero_Blazer

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

The dev says if all goes well it should still come out this month, so it's not that bad.