What's new

ADV [暗黒郷物語 / Dystopia Story]トビ姫 -Inter Breed- / Flying Princess -Inter Breed - (RJ154397)

Nicko

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: [暗黒郷物語]トビ姫 -Inter Breed-

Most AAA titles released in the past few years would disagree on this one :p
If you can name a AAA game by a large gaming corporation that had a tiny budget then feel free to do so :p

Longherin

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Oh! Oh! I think I got it!

The answer is...
Every game so far!

What do I win? :D

HentaiWriter

Tentacle God
Reputation score

If you can name a AAA game by a large gaming corporation that had a tiny budget then feel free to do so :p
Well no, that was my point; many recent AAA titles with huge bankrolls and gigantic teams failed to make something as decent as Inter Breed, which is done with just 2 (1? 3?) people even after years of development.

omp1234

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Before we get all angry at AAA publishers and start hailing indie game developers as golden gods, I feel the need to remind you that Steam Greenlight exists.

Some amazing titles come from indie developers. Cave Story is everything an indie game ought to be. But most indie games are uninspired, incomplete, downright unoriginal piles of garbage that can often be unplayable due to bugs, or get abandoned during development. The gems are too few and too far between.

OP
lazycat

lazycat

Lurker
Reputation score

Before we get all angry at AAA publishers and start hailing indie game developers as golden gods, I feel the need to remind you that Steam Greenlight exists.

Some amazing titles come from indie developers. Cave Story is everything an indie game ought to be. But most indie games are uninspired, incomplete, downright unoriginal piles of garbage that can often be unplayable due to bugs, or get abandoned during development. The gems are too few and too far between.
It's worse than that

If you want to find the gem, simply find the one that have realistic goal/plan and also not made by these vampires.

HentaiWriter

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Oh no, don't get me wrong, there ARE good AAA titles recently, just saying they're not all that way etc.

Perfeccia Ars

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Oh no, don't get me wrong, there ARE good AAA titles recently, just saying they're not all that way etc.
And the same applies to Indie titles, there's shit on both sides.

I get what you mean though, there's nothing more depressing than seeing indie games that have less bugs and sometimes are more polished than AAA games. Sure they might not have 3D graphics but the gameplay is superior sometimes.

Sigh...

Nicko

Lurker
Reputation score

I wasn't claiming they were all good quality, throwing money at a project doesn't necessarily make it good. On that we can both agree :p
Anyway, yes interbreed is (or I hope will be) insanely good quality for a 2 man production, and beats the crap out of lots of big budget games.

Back on topic, have they given a release date or just "early June"?

cronosss

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Yeah I need to know which day to take a day off xD

zandas

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I wasn't claiming they were all good quality, throwing money at a project doesn't necessarily make it good. On that we can both agree :p
Anyway, yes interbreed is (or I hope will be) insanely good quality for a 2 man production, and beats the crap out of lots of big budget games.

Back on topic, have they given a release date or just "early June"?

Slated for release in 5 days not accounting delays from DLsite approval, although he had just posted an update saying that the release may see another slight delay due to gum inflammation caused by wisdom tooth. He's in treatment for some time and his next appointment with the doctor is due on Wednesday, but he will be going to see his doctor tomorrow because he couldn't bear with the pain.

Nicko

Lurker
Reputation score

That was way more information than I was hoping for, thanks!
Ok, so no need to get my hopes up. Better to be pleasantly surprised than disappointed :)

omp1234

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

And the same applies to Indie titles, there's shit on both sides.

I get what you mean though, there's nothing more depressing than seeing indie games that have less bugs and sometimes are more polished than AAA games. Sure they might not have 3D graphics but the gameplay is superior sometimes.

Sigh...
I think you meant "inspiring", the word "depressing" means you looked at a game that was well-crafted by a small group of indie developers that offers a professional experience and felt BAD by it.

Longherin

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

To be fair to the AAA developers: It's a lot easier to look professional when you have less things to worry about. Plus I'm pretty sure the teams responsible for building the AAA games don't get a say in when their games are released.

Longherin

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Well then, just assume that every time you see a post a bug got squished somewhere in the code.

melontable

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I think you meant "inspiring", the word "depressing" means you looked at a game that was well-crafted by a small group of indie developers that offers a professional experience and felt BAD by it.
Pretty sure he meant depressing, as in "It's depressing that the AAA studios make so much money with so little quality assurance."

textbook703

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

Could you please stop bumping this thread with unrelated discussion? Some of us use it to see updates on the game's development.
they're talking about game development. directly relevant to the game at hand.

this discussion board doesn't exist solely to save you the four fucking seconds it takes to click "page 1" and then the URL.

here, put that on your bookmark bar. now you don't have to tell people on a discussion board to stop discussing things

Aarkken

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

So there's only what another 3 or so days until the current planned release date?

I be down with that.

In Before unexpected (totally expecting) delays

Now for some game discussion
Who is your favourite Angry slut?

Mine would have to be the Blue Princess that grin and body also magic sword.

moogles

Lurker
Reputation score

The guy made a post on the 31st about a severe tooth problem that he had to go to the dentist for, so its very possible to be delayed just a bit more.

(red text at top according to googlefu)

Perfeccia Ars

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Who is your favourite Angry slut?

Mine would have to be the Blue Princess that grin and body also magic sword.
I'm torn between Purple Meido and Blue Princess. She's really badass with that Katana, plus I love maids.