What's new

ADV Patreon Active RPG Maker [Dystopian Project] Claire's Quest

markyansuki

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Re: Claire's Quest

You have to be transported as a slave, not from paying the 200 silver.

By entering the Fort in the refugee camp
thanks.

i tried to get 10 depravity but i can only get up to 9.

Hentaisearch

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Bugs and weird stuff I've found:
  • Touching the slime instantly game overs Claire even though I had more than 25 EP.
  • The chest in front of the merchant in Rathpike will sometimes be a red chest? I don't know what happened. I loaded up a different save and it changes to a metallic silver chest and he doesn't say any dialogue.
  • The towers to the West of Rathpike have collision detection even though they are on a higher plane.
  • Some palm trees look weird in Rathpike. They look like they have parts of another tree's sprite connected to them in the top right of their "box?" I hope I'm explaining this right. The ones I've found were to the west, east, and central Rathpike and the deserty area as well.
  • The middle entrance/exit to the sewers in Rathpike is blocked by trees and a rock. There is an old man to the far right of the East of Rathpike who you can't talk to because the path is blocked to him as well. Unless you intended for their paths to be blocked.
  • Going to the Valos countryside will leave you trapped there. You can't go back to town.
  • Quests aren't removed upon completion. I still have the prologue quest. Some sort of indication would be good. Like a simple "congratulations" on completion.
Thoughts:
Not a fan of this random content update, to be honest.
It feels like I'm spoiling the game for myself, playing half-finished scenes. And when I arrive at a dead-end, I don't know if it's the end of the content, or I should look for a clue to progress...
I understand that sometimes there is no other option, not every game is suited for progressive development...
Still, have you considered focusing on one branch at a time?
I completely agree. Although I love hearing anything new about this game, I felt there wasn't much to do in this update no matter how enriching the backstory to the Isles were. At least in regards to the main storyline. I get it though, Patron polls come first. I know there's the meat pit and I would've loved to look for bugs there, but I forgot to save when I got there and now I can't get back there. Is getting to the meat pit randomized or do requirements need to be met or something? Anyways, maybe focusing on one Isle at a time would better? It just seems more rewarding for everyone. The players get to experience completed content and you get the satisfaction of completing a whole section of the game.

Also, why exactly is shota optional, but stroking off a horse isn't? They're both pretty... questionable.

Last edited:

JouteiKaji

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

I know there's the meat pit and I would've loved to look for bugs there, but I forgot to save when I got there and now I can't get back there. Is getting to the meat pit randomized or do requirements need to be met or something?
Board the ship as a slave and when the sailors come to rape you, bite their dicks.

Hoboy

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

Board the ship as a slave and when the sailors come to rape you, bite their dicks.
Another path to the Meat Pit is to deal with the shady sailor and get smuggled onto the ship in a crate. Once on the islands he sells you (the crate) off to slavers and you end up in the pit...

Hentaisearch

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I didn't know that was an option.
Another path to the Meat Pit is to deal with the shady sailor and get smuggled onto the ship in a crate. Once on the islands he sells you (the crate) off to slavers and you end up in the pit...
That's what I meant by randomized. I got there the first time using this method. Now every subsequent time, she makes it out safely. There's even slightly different dialogue.

OP
Architect

Architect

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Bugs and weird stuff I've found:
  • Touching the slime instantly game overs Claire even though I had more than 25 EP.
  • The chest in front of the merchant in Rathpike will sometimes be a red chest? I don't know what happened. I loaded up a different save and it changes to a metallic silver chest and he doesn't say any dialogue.
  • The towers to the West of Rathpike have collision detection even though they are on a higher plane.
  • Some palm trees look weird in Rathpike. They look like they have parts of another tree's sprite connected to them in the top right of their "box?" I hope I'm explaining this right. The ones I've found were to the west, east, and central Rathpike and the deserty area as well.
  • The middle entrance/exit to the sewers in Rathpike is blocked by trees and a rock. There is an old man to the far right of the East of Rathpike who you can't talk to because the path is blocked to him as well. Unless you intended for their paths to be blocked.
  • Going to the Valos countryside will leave you trapped there. You can't go back to town.
  • Quests aren't removed upon completion. I still have the prologue quest. Some sort of indication would be good. Like a simple "congratulations" on completion.
Thoughts:

I completely agree. Although I love hearing anything new about this game, I felt there wasn't much to do in this update no matter how enriching the backstory to the Isles were. At least in regards to the main storyline. I get it though, Patron polls come first. I know there's the meat pit and I would've loved to look for bugs there, but I forgot to save when I got there and now I can't get back there. Is getting to the meat pit randomized or do requirements need to be met or something? Anyways, maybe focusing on one Isle at a time would better? It just seems more rewarding for everyone. The players get to experience completed content and you get the satisfaction of completing a whole section of the game.

Also, why exactly is shota optional, but stroking off a horse isn't? They're both pretty... questionable.
- It's not just the EP for the slime encounter. Your stats have to be at a certain level before you can counter them, and even then, it relies on if you have enough EP to counter

- For the pawnshop/chest in Rathpike, you probably triggered some switches in your previous save and it messed up the playthrough in the new version. It's part of the thieves questline.

- Hm, I'll have to fix the towers tileset accessibility, thanks for that

- Yes the trees do look weird in the player perspective. It's annoying because it doesn't show up in the creator map, so playtests or players themselves find them.

- Hm, no, the sewer exits aren't meant to be blocked. Accident on my part.

- Ah, Valos countryside lacks a transfer point. Got it, fixing. Thanks.

- Yes, I miss some quest completions when I do the quest. It's because I don't actually have a quest system in place - I'm manually coding everything in so there's a lot of human error

The overall plan is to do one Isle at a time. However, because of the way this game branches out in so many directions, I considered it important to first try and tie up the "loose ends" by wrapping up all the prologue pathlines. Once those are done, I will devote my time to working exclusively on Rathpike, and then subsequently, Valos. Then much later, Sorraine and Triss.

And as for bestiality being okay but shota isn't... well... it's just the weird way the law works sometimes. I have no control over it. Bestiality for some reason totally unknown to me, is A-okay to publish, but shota/loli is controversial and controlled.

I didn't know that was an option.

That's what I meant by randomized. I got there the first time using this method. Now every subsequent time, she makes it out safely. There's even slightly different dialogue.
It's based on stats. Some of the things you reported/encountered are all based on stats. If you get smuggled in by the Shady Sailor, and certain stats aren't high enough, you will fail to make it out safely. If they're raised to a certain number, you will make it out safely.

It's not random. That's just the very nature of Claire's Quest - every single playthrough you do might turn out differently because of the one small thing you did that raised your stats enough to make a difference.

minipotato

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

i believe that is influenced by this stat
intrigue

first time round i missed a point from lying about the ring. second time round i did, and i got smuggled across safely

Hentaisearch

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

- It's not just the EP for the slime encounter. Your stats have to be at a certain level before you can counter them, and even then, it relies on if you have enough EP to counter

- For the pawnshop/chest in Rathpike, you probably triggered some switches in your previous save and it messed up the playthrough in the new version. It's part of the thieves questline.

- Hm, I'll have to fix the towers tileset accessibility, thanks for that

- Yes the trees do look weird in the player perspective. It's annoying because it doesn't show up in the creator map, so playtests or players themselves find them.

- Hm, no, the sewer exits aren't meant to be blocked. Accident on my part.

- Ah, Valos countryside lacks a transfer point. Got it, fixing. Thanks.

- Yes, I miss some quest completions when I do the quest. It's because I don't actually have a quest system in place - I'm manually coding everything in so there's a lot of human error

The overall plan is to do one Isle at a time. However, because of the way this game branches out in so many directions, I considered it important to first try and tie up the "loose ends" by wrapping up all the prologue pathlines. Once those are done, I will devote my time to working exclusively on Rathpike, and then subsequently, Valos. Then much later, Sorraine and Triss.
Ahhhh, makes sense. My saves were all past or at the very least at the very end of the prologues so I missed the chance to explore the beginning again.
And as for bestiality being okay but shota isn't... well... it's just the weird way the law works sometimes. I have no control over it. Bestiality for some reason totally unknown to me, is A-okay to publish, but shota/loli is controversial and controlled.
I knew underage content was banned almost everywhere, but I thought bestiality was banned as well. So it explicitly states no underage stuff, but it doesn't say anything about bestiality. That is... interesting.

It's based on stats. Some of the things you reported/encountered are all based on stats. If you get smuggled in by the Shady Sailor, and certain stats aren't high enough, you will fail to make it out safely. If they're raised to a certain number, you will make it out safely.

It's not random. That's just the very nature of Claire's Quest - every single playthrough you do might turn out differently because of the one small thing you did that raised your stats enough to make a difference.
That was my second guess. I was under the impression that all stat related events would be explicitly told to the player. Now that I know that there is a "surprise" factor, I love this game that much more! Thanks for clarifying.

HentaiProdigy

Cthulhu
Reputation score

While it is incredibly cool to see an RPG Maker game that does its own original thing, rather than just being copy paste material from the game maker software itself, with stock sounds, stock sprites and stock music and mechanics. The whole stat system and energy/hunger system is pretty cool, even though the energy/hunger part of it really just feels like a kind of awkward way to slow the game down so far (granted, I have not yet even left Hookton).

I am curious though, how many of the scenes are planned to eventually get CGs for them? All of the scenes or just a select few? The art that is in the game is of amazing quality, and whoever makes your CGs truly deserve some righteous credit for it, but the fact that there are but four scenes with CGs in them is kind of disappointing, when there are so many scenes in the game, like getting enslaved by the siscon dude, getting facefucked by the pirate and getting eaten by the ogre.Speaking of the ogre, will you actually have a game over CG for his scene?

All of these questions could very well have been answered before, and if so I apologize, but I'm just really curious. I like a ton of extreme stuff, and seeing some of it hinted at but not actually there, or there in small dozes or just in text is such a huge tease. Vore with the ogre being in text, teasing shota with the young boy you babysit, having a tiny amount of bestiality with the horse... I so hope you guys flesh all of that stuff out with more scenes and a ton of CG!

And a final note: I know CG art takes time... but I really hope you don't create too many scenes where the screen just goes black, because as interesting as the text is, knowing how good the CG is and not getting it is kind frustrating. It becomes a slight letdown in a way every time you find a scene with no CG. Which is pretty much all the time : P

OP
Architect

Architect

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

While it is incredibly cool to see an RPG Maker game that does its own original thing, rather than just being copy paste material from the game maker software itself, with stock sounds, stock sprites and stock music and mechanics. The whole stat system and energy/hunger system is pretty cool, even though the energy/hunger part of it really just feels like a kind of awkward way to slow the game down so far (granted, I have not yet even left Hookton).

I am curious though, how many of the scenes are planned to eventually get CGs for them? All of the scenes or just a select few? The art that is in the game is of amazing quality, and whoever makes your CGs truly deserve some righteous credit for it, but the fact that there are but four scenes with CGs in them is kind of disappointing, when there are so many scenes in the game, like getting enslaved by the siscon dude, getting facefucked by the pirate and getting eaten by the ogre.Speaking of the ogre, will you actually have a game over CG for his scene?

All of these questions could very well have been answered before, and if so I apologize, but I'm just really curious. I like a ton of extreme stuff, and seeing some of it hinted at but not actually there, or there in small dozes or just in text is such a huge tease. Vore with the ogre being in text, teasing shota with the young boy you babysit, having a tiny amount of bestiality with the horse... I so hope you guys flesh all of that stuff out with more scenes and a ton of CG!

And a final note: I know CG art takes time... but I really hope you don't create too many scenes where the screen just goes black, because as interesting as the text is, knowing how good the CG is and not getting it is kind frustrating. It becomes a slight letdown in a way every time you find a scene with no CG. Which is pretty much all the time : P
Every single fade-to-black scene which you find will eventually have CG added in to it. Every major area will have 10 unique CGs. The major areas are: Prologue (everything before coming to the Isles), Rathpike, Triss, Sorraine, and Valos.

Each CG and its variations takes around 2 weeks for JiangShi (the artist) to finish. Sometimes more, since he still has full-time work commitments elsewhere. Currently, the Prologue has 4/10 of its scenes finished. The Prologue takes priority - once all Prologue scenes are finished, the Isles scenes will start being worked on.

The total amount of CG + scenes is capped at a hard limit of 50. Because we're actually experienced in game development, we know how fast things can spiral out of control and dev times can lag badly if too much ambition gets in the way of realistic goals. So the hard limit is 50, or less.

However, Vore/Guro scenes (if any) won't be getting CG. Shota/Loli scenes will only get CG at the very last stage due to the controversial nature of publishing it.

HentaiProdigy

Cthulhu
Reputation score

Every single fade-to-black scene which you find will eventually have CG added in to it. Every major area will have 10 unique CGs. The major areas are: Prologue (everything before coming to the Isles), Rathpike, Triss, Sorraine, and Valos.

Each CG and its variations takes around 2 weeks for JiangShi (the artist) to finish. Sometimes more, since he still has full-time work commitments elsewhere. Currently, the Prologue has 4/10 of its scenes finished. The Prologue takes priority - once all Prologue scenes are finished, the Isles scenes will start being worked on.

The total amount of CG + scenes is capped at a hard limit of 50. Because we're actually experienced in game development, we know how fast things can spiral out of control and dev times can lag badly if too much ambition gets in the way of realistic goals. So the hard limit is 50, or less.

However, Vore/Guro scenes (if any) won't be getting CG. Shota/Loli scenes will only get CG at the very last stage due to the controversial nature of publishing it.
Soft vore is fine though, right...?

Nah, but seriously, thanks for the answer. A bit bummed on the game over vore scene won't get a CG, but I can still understand that. You'll just have to make up for it with more bestiality, especially horses. It's nice to know a bit about how you think when approaching your project, to get a glimpse of what you're planning.

Send my regards to JiangShi for his amazing work though, if you feel like it. And kudos to everyone else for actually coming up with original concepts in an RPG Maker game, and properly realizing said concepts. Definitely looking forward to see what else you come up with in this game.

Kerlon

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I think you should consider abandoning the one major update per month model. The only criticism I read so far was about you continuing small parts of each storyline with every update and you adressed that with your last patreon post, by changing the goal of expanding only one storyline with every update.
If you would have more time to write and finish some quests / zones completely everyone would be happy. Not to forget we would get the updates together with that phenomenal art of Jiangshi, I have never seen or played a hentai game with such a good art, the pictures are professionally drawn, nice backgrounds and colours.
So maybe you could post on patreon, similar to what Yummitiger is doing lately, your progress in story, art, etc. and when you got a Zone or big chunk of game done, released it for you patreons and after for the public.
What I'm trying to say in the end is: good games take time and what you've shown so far is top notch (writing and art). I'm sure you would still make new patreons if they see the progress and work you can put in regularly

Slam Sector

Sex Demon
Reputation score

The setting and narrative of CQ are giving me strong Game of Thrones vibes. The "sorceress" questline you mentioned really caught my interest, I'm going to end up either loving or hating it.

As far as feedback goes, I wanted to say that between your zombie game and this, you're a genuinely good writer. Keep up the good work.

OP
Architect

Architect

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Soft vore is fine though, right...?

Nah, but seriously, thanks for the answer. A bit bummed on the game over vore scene won't get a CG, but I can still understand that. You'll just have to make up for it with more bestiality, especially horses. It's nice to know a bit about how you think when approaching your project, to get a glimpse of what you're planning.

Send my regards to JiangShi for his amazing work though, if you feel like it. And kudos to everyone else for actually coming up with original concepts in an RPG Maker game, and properly realizing said concepts. Definitely looking forward to see what else you come up with in this game.
Thank you for the words of encouragement! You can always keep an eye on what we're planning on Patreon - the majority of our posts are not patron-only, so literally everyone can view them and check up on what we have planned.

I think you should consider abandoning the one major update per month model. The only criticism I read so far was about you continuing small parts of each storyline with every update and you adressed that with your last patreon post, by changing the goal of expanding only one storyline with every update.
If you would have more time to write and finish some quests / zones completely everyone would be happy. Not to forget we would get the updates together with that phenomenal art of Jiangshi, I have never seen or played a hentai game with such a good art, the pictures are professionally drawn, nice backgrounds and colours.
So maybe you could post on patreon, similar to what Yummitiger is doing lately, your progress in story, art, etc. and when you got a Zone or big chunk of game done, released it for you patreons and after for the public.
What I'm trying to say in the end is: good games take time and what you've shown so far is top notch (writing and art). I'm sure you would still make new patreons if they see the progress and work you can put in regularly
Yes, our few complaints stem from the content update style, so we've changed our payment settings from per month to per major update. This gives us a lot more breathing room and leeway to create a better final product.

The setting and narrative of CQ are giving me strong Game of Thrones vibes. The "sorceress" questline you mentioned really caught my interest, I'm going to end up either loving or hating it.

As far as feedback goes, I wanted to say that between your zombie game and this, you're a genuinely good writer. Keep up the good work.
Thank you for the compliments! With regards to the sorceress storyline, yes, we aren't doing thunderstorms-and-fireballs style magic. We're doing a more subtle, Game of Thrones-type of magic. The magic storyline is, however, quite tinged with futa.

darkkrusty

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Where can i get the depravity points at the refugee camp? found the geezer who wants a good fondle, the guy opposite him and the guy near the chest? those the only 3 depravity (i think thats the one) points to be had in that location or is there more to be found?

enjoying what I have played so far, keep up the good work, also anyone got a walkthough they can PM me?

JouteiKaji

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Where can i get the depravity points at the refugee camp? found the geezer who wants a good fondle, the guy opposite him and the guy near the chest? those the only 3 depravity (i think thats the one) points to be had in that location or is there more to be found?

enjoying what I have played so far, keep up the good work, also anyone got a walkthough they can PM me?
If you do they guy by the chest last you can get an option to get either a bonus depravity point or bonus seduction point depending on the option that you choose.

ajso1987

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Getting fondled by the old man for 5 silver and 1 depravity, the guard for a blowjob get you 1 and another if you swallow and open your mouth, talking to the guy that is consoling her sister then choosing to cry then going for a blowing gesture gets you 1 and finally stripping for the guy near the chest nets you 1. All in all you get 5 (in my playthrough). Also there is a crude walkthrough a few pages back but its for the version before the latest release.

markyansuki

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Getting fondled by the old man for 5 silver and 1 depravity, the guard for a blowjob get you 1 and another if you swallow and open your mouth, talking to the guy that is consoling her sister then choosing to cry then going for a blowing gesture gets you 1 and finally stripping for the guy near the chest nets you 1. All in all you get 5 (in my playthrough). Also there is a crude walkthrough a few pages back but its for the version before the latest release.
same, up to the next town i can only get up to 9 depravity points.

ajso1987

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

same, up to the next town i can only get up to 9 depravity points.
you could get up to 11 if you got yourself caught while being smuggled by a sailor and proceed with the meatpit questline.

Slam Sector

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Thank you for the compliments! With regards to the sorceress storyline, yes, we aren't doing thunderstorms-and-fireballs style magic. We're doing a more subtle, Game of Thrones-type of magic. The magic storyline is, however, quite tinged with futa.
Yeah, I sort of figured it was going to be a Bible Black thing. I'm hoping there's going to be more going on in there than just dickgirls - it's not my favorite, but I'm fine with it as long as it's they're not a dime a dozen, and there's other stuff going on, too.