What's new

ADV Patreon Active RPG Maker [Dystopian Project] Claire's Quest

ajso1987

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Re: Claire's Quest

It is largely complete. We are, however, toying with the idea of adding monster encounters + their relevant scenes to the fores to make it harder to navigate.
Are the patterns of the monster's movement going to be the same as the ones on the caves? Because if so, its going to be really hard. Can't find the pattern for their movements. I was only able to obtain the silvers on the chest guarded by slimes through sheer luck.

We're toying with the possibility of either adding a "sleep counter" that causes Claire to have detrimental effects if she does not sleep for prolonged periods of time, or increase the price of alcohol products so sleep is much cheaper, or just remove the EP quality of alcohol, or even add rape/attack risks to being in a state of drunkenness.
The sleep counter sounds fine. You could also apply level of drunkness (i.e. being tipsy has minimum duffs or debuffs then being drunk of you ass) and the type of drunk Claire is (i.e. Defiant Claire is a mean drunk and Depraved Claire is more flirty)

Bellboy

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Are the patterns of the monster's movement going to be the same as the ones on the caves? Because if so, its going to be really hard. Can't find the pattern for their movements. I was only able to obtain the silvers on the chest guarded by slimes through sheer luck.
Is it me or can you just fight those slimes head on without a care? I tried to avoid them, didn't work, but then I found out I could just run into them without consequences. :confused:

Great game btw, the amount of options and different outcomes in such a short demo/game is pretty impressive. Really liked how the CG scenes changed depending on your stats. Looking forward to the next release!

Nytemare

Sex Demon
Reputation score

The slimes seem to have a detection ability.. They seem to path sort of towards where Claire is. The way I opened the chest was luring the slimes in the the direction I wanted and then rushing past.

JouteiKaji

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Is it me or can you just fight those slimes head on without a care? I tried to avoid them, didn't work, but then I found out I could just run into them without consequences. :confused:

Great game btw, the amount of options and different outcomes in such a short demo/game is pretty impressive. Really liked how the CG scenes changed depending on your stats. Looking forward to the next release!
From my experience you can only kill the slimes if you have escaped from the torturer and have Beth with you, otherwise it's an instant game over.

ajso1987

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

That's the whole point of the game! Every major questline can be approached in different ways. However, be forewarned that some major questlines can be permanently ended through the use of a contradicting stat (ie. the Paramour Questline for Sorraine can be terminated completely with high enough Defiance). While difficult to have all four stats play a part in every single quest, we are hoping that for bigger quests we can have all the four stats in play. However, for every quest, there will always be multiple ways to approach it.
You said in an earlier post we can play all main questlines. But with this bit in does this mean that the progress of each questline ends abruptly (i.e. like the Paramour questline example you gave) thus in a way we played all questlines but w/ different stages of completion due to the way we progress the stats and our choices? If yes... my inner completionist dreads such a thing.

Keyen

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

As I understand it, it means you can finish the quests in multiple way. If you max Defiance, you will do a path A, if you have depravity, you will do a path B. It will be the same global storyline, it will be finished in both cases, but it will not be done in the same way.

If I understand it properly, you may even start the storyline by the Defiance path and continue it with depravity later.

tontoman

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Thank you for the kind words! Our workload is basically split between JiangShi who does composing for the OST and all the artwork, and me, in charge of basically everything else including the writing. We've got quite the professional working values so we're quite determined to push out our releases every month no matter what.

We are currently aiming for 50 unique CGs for all 50 of our planned scenes. 10 for the Prologue, and 10 for each city-state. Should this be too ambitious we might have to do variations + repeat usage of scenes, but for now, that is our aim.
I'm all for text only changes between scenes as CGs are so much work. Not that I don't love the CG :), but would rather have a (for example) long and varied job say in the bar with things progressing and many events, than just one or two with CGs.

ajso1987

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

As I understand it, it means you can finish the quests in multiple way. If you max Defiance, you will do a path A, if you have depravity, you will do a path B. It will be the same global storyline, it will be finished in both cases, but it will not be done in the same way.

If I understand it properly, you may even start the storyline by the Defiance path and continue it with depravity later.
That would be my hope. But based on his previous posts, I see it in that you CAN play all of the major questlines BUT if you use others stats other than what would be considered as "pure" may bypass or in some cases as he said on his earlier post, terminate abruptly for having an opposing stat high enough.

Nomo

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Very good game and I was pleasantly surprised how many branches you made and how far they went. I also really like the art style, the angles and coloring were very well drawn and executed, I cant wait to see more.

Nidjo

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

This looks good, dling at the moment. Is there or will there be an option for more pubic hair (search comes up with just blonde hair when I search the thread)?

tfw you find a new fetish every other day. (._. )

jadex

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

Looks like the scene for the horse breeder got changed to more of a handjob instead of penetration when the big map update went through. Is the current scene going to be whats in the CG as well?

OP
Architect

Architect

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

They will be the same, yes. However, with the slimes you can crush them and avoid any gameover with high enough of a certain stat.

The sleep counter sounds fine. You could also apply level of drunkness (i.e. being tipsy has minimum duffs or debuffs then being drunk of you ass) and the type of drunk Claire is (i.e. Defiant Claire is a mean drunk and Depraved Claire is more flirty)
That's actually a really good idea. However, adding too much things into a game and being overly ambitious is a good way to quickly end it and stall progression to a standstill. We're going to go with very basic ideas and focus on our choice-based gameplay for now.

I'm all for text only changes between scenes as CGs are so much work. Not that I don't love the CG :), but would rather have a (for example) long and varied job say in the bar with things progressing and many events, than just one or two with CGs.
What I mean to say is, we have 50 *unique* scenes, not counting the *variations* of each CG which play a part in, let's say, a long-term bar job. We don't count slight edits of a CG as a single unique scene.

That would be my hope. But based on his previous posts, I see it in that you CAN play all of the major questlines BUT if you use others stats other than what would be considered as "pure" may bypass or in some cases as he said on his earlier post, terminate abruptly for having an opposing stat high enough.
You can play all the major questlines, and they can turn out in different ways depending on how you play them and with what stats and choices, but only if you purposely and willingly run counter-effective stats against certain questlines, you can terminate them. We might remove this function should players not want it.

Very good game and I was pleasantly surprised how many branches you made and how far they went. I also really like the art style, the angles and coloring were very well drawn and executed, I cant wait to see more.
Thank you! Always excellent to have other devs weighing in. I loved NN and I'm looking forward to your next release.

This looks good, dling at the moment. Is there or will there be an option for more pubic hair (search comes up with just blonde hair when I search the thread)?

tfw you find a new fetish every other day. (._. )
Unfortunately, no, not at the moment.

Looks like the scene for the horse breeder got changed to more of a handjob instead of penetration when the big map update went through. Is the current scene going to be whats in the CG as well?
There is no penetration in the entire prologue, so that's why. There *is* a horse penetration scene later in the game. And yes, the current scene in the stables is what is in the coming CG.

ajso1987

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Question: Are the main questline intersect the Demon king's activities? (i.e. in the assassin route, when you attain a certain amount of reputation, you are approached by a client to assassinate a high ranking commander of the demon king OR you are approached by the Demon king forces themselves to join them then they transform you into a demon/monster as well) This would ultimately add more branches but if not, it was a good idea right at least?

OP
Architect

Architect

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Question: Are the main questline intersect the Demon king's activities? (i.e. in the assassin route, when you attain a certain amount of reputation, you are approached by a client to assassinate a high ranking commander of the demon king OR you are approached by the Demon king forces themselves to join them then they transform you into a demon/monster as well) This would ultimately add more branches but if not, it was a good idea right at least?
Not at the moment. Right now the Monster King's devastation of the Continent has nothing to do with Claire after she escapes to the Isles. It's actually just a pre-setting for our next game, which is a way to let us work on a continuation of the world of CQ, once we wrap up CQ.

ajso1987

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

What are your plans for Claire when combat encounters are concerned? Will it be the same as other encounters (choice system) or are you going for another system?

The toilet peeper and the horse scene doesn't give you stat rewards. I would have expected the toilet peeper give defiance pt when he reprimanded the peeper and seduction pt when she invited him in for some "fun". Then on the horse scene some depravity pts. This would be able for Claire to start the main quests as soon has she set foot on the islands. When I encountered this I thought you might have intended for this so that when you teach the islands you would do some side quests first to familiarize yourself with the area or something.

JouteiKaji

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

because of the point system a walkthrough would be good to have once the game is complete so that people will be able to see the scenes they want and go down whichever path they want.

OP
Architect

Architect

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

What are your plans for Claire when combat encounters are concerned? Will it be the same as other encounters (choice system) or are you going for another system?

The toilet peeper and the horse scene doesn't give you stat rewards. I would have expected the toilet peeper give defiance pt when he reprimanded the peeper and seduction pt when she invited him in for some "fun". Then on the horse scene some depravity pts. This would be able for Claire to start the main quests as soon has she set foot on the islands. When I encountered this I thought you might have intended for this so that when you teach the islands you would do some side quests first to familiarize yourself with the area or something.
There is no combat system. The whole point of CQ is to play a girl in a role where she is not capable of taking on her opponents directly in a direct physical brawldown. Claire can, however, eliminate her enemies through other means historically employed by powerful women of the past - subterfuge, assassinations, blackmail, seduction, etc.

Both of those will grant stat rewards for our next update. We like to get the scenes out first, and once we're sure they're working properly we add in the stat boost. You're not meant to be able to start any major questline as soon as you arrive on the Isles, however; you're meant to explore a bit first and learn more about each city-state before picking a questline.

because of the point system a walkthrough would be good to have once the game is complete so that people will be able to see the scenes they want and go down whichever path they want.
I contemplated making a walkthrough, but there are some people who actually have a lot of fun running through multiple playthroughs so I surmise eventually someone will have written a guide. Doing it myself seems a bit weird to me, for some reason.

Krystallize<3

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

This actually made me interested in RPGMaker Games...

I usually skipped all those game, but fuck, the dialogues, the story, the atmossphere...you guys did an insane job in my opinion and you encouraged me to start my own project.

Your project showed me how much stuff is possible with rpgm and how much potential this tool has.

I forced myself to stop playing after i spent some time in the Village when you go with the old guy, just because I want to enjoy the whole game with all of its content...but i constantly have the urge to play for the game..for a whole week now =D

ajso1987

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

This actually made me interested in RPGMaker Games...

I usually skipped all those game, but fuck, the dialogues, the story, the atmossphere...you guys did an insane job in my opinion and you encouraged me to start my own project.

Your project showed me how much stuff is possible with rpgm and how much potential this tool has.

I forced myself to stop playing after i spent some time in the Village when you go with the old guy, just because I want to enjoy the whole game with all of its content...but i constantly have the urge to play for the game..for a whole week now =D
If you liked what you played here, might I interest you to play The Last Sovereign. Its has text only for H-scenes but it has good writing.