What's new

ADV Patreon Active RPG Maker [Dystopian Project] Claire's Quest

jondom

Mystic Girl
Reputation score
Re: Claire's Quest

Hello everyone. Here is a download link to 0.4.3:

It fixes a lot of the more glaring gamestopping bugs and issues, and adds a tiny bit more adult content + <WIP> warnings in various areas so people know it's not actually a bug, but just where the content has ended.
Thanks so much!,

May I ask what new content is added?, anything in the way of new CG scenes or are we waiting till next month for that?

Love your work

frostbitten12

Reputation score

Hey there, I found a pretty big bug in 0.4.3 (not sure if it was in any of the other versions). But when I open the gallery I just get a loop of the rich man scene and get stuck in that loop...

LoK14

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Hey there, I found a pretty big bug in 0.4.3 (not sure if it was in any of the other versions). But when I open the gallery I just get a loop of the rich man scene and get stuck in that loop...
This seems to be a bug for this version i saw some other guys who had the same problem

OP
Architect

Architect

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

PLEASE DO NOT OPEN THE GALLERY IN 0.4.3, IT'S BUGGED FOR NOW. REST OF THE GAME SHOULD BE FINE. GALLERY WILL STILL SAVE SCENES YOU'VE ENCOUNTERED AND YOU CAN REPLAY THEM IN 0.5

For other concerns:

I noticed someone mentioned this game had hypnosis in it. Can anyone confirm or deny this?
That's a list of kinks we plan to add or have already added. Currently it's not in the game yet. It's part of the major Valos storyline.

Thanks so much!,

May I ask what new content is added?, anything in the way of new CG scenes or are we waiting till next month for that?

Love your work
We've fleshed out the prologue paths a bit and fixed bugs on this version mainly. Our new CG usually arrives with major updates, rather than the minor ones!

Last edited:

Keyen

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

Claire has four stats in-game: Defiance, Depravity, Seduction, and Intrigue. These stats will determine what choices are available to her in various situations.

- Defiance is basically an indication of Claire's physical strength and metal fortitude. If Claire is attacked by a group of men intending to gangrape her, a high enough Defiance means that she can fight them off.

- Depravity basically determines Claire's sexual willingness. At low Depravity, even simple sexual acts like blowjobs will be met with revulsion and rejection by Claire. At higher levels of Depravity, she becomes willing to try increasingly twisted and kinky sexual activities, such as bestiality.

- Seduction determines how sexually skilled Claire actually is. Being willing to have sex is one thing - being bad at sex is another. A low Seduction means that Claire will frequently disappoint in bed. Improving her Seduction will not only allow Claire to sexually rock her partner's world, it will also change the text and CG in the scenes!

- Intrigue judges Claire's ability and willingness to commit shadowy acts of espionage. Intrigue allows her to do any number of things, from simple acts of lying and stealing to clandestine spy operations and even meticulously-planned assassinations.

Claire's Quest is designed albeit like an Elder Scrolls game. The world of Claire's Quest is fairly open-world, and there is no linear progression. Furthermore, the four major questlines can be undertaken at the same time if so desired. There are also numerous sidequests which can affect the outcome of the major questlines. Each of the four major questlines takes place in one of the four city-states that make up the Isles.
- Rathpike / Criminal Questline
- Sorraine / Paramour Questline
- Valos / Sorceress Questline
- Triss / Assassin Questline
Quick question about this. at first, I though these stats (or at least, Defiance and depravity) were exclusives. But the paragraph about the quests, as I understand it, means there is no closed path, and you could be doing everything in one walkthrough. I missed something?

Drageeno

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Quick question about this. at first, I though these stats (or at least, Defiance and depravity) were exclusives. But the paragraph about the quests, as I understand it, means there is no closed path, and you could be doing everything in one walkthrough. I missed something?
It might be that in a given playthrough, there aren't enough points from all the events if you spread your choices around to unlock the further events / cross their requirement threshold.

Keyen

Reputation score

Well, if you end stucked because you don't have enough points and are forced to restart, it would be disappointing (at best). I would understand this design choice in a rogue like or a short RPG (< 6H), but not when your goal is 40+ hours of gameplay. So, I don't think it is the good answer :p

OP
Architect

Architect

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

You are able to attempt all the questlines in one walkthrough, and you should be able to complete them as well - but every questline can progress and turn out differently depending on the stats you have.

Keyen

Reputation score

Alright, a satisfying answer :p

Really ambitious, good luck!

Last edited:

Bandung974

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Thanks for the update ^^
So far the game is really nice, one thing was inside my head regarding the seductive and debauchery.
If one quest may be resolve rather by one or the other, would we have the choice or will it be decided by the stats that outleved the other ? ^^

OP
Architect

Architect

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Thanks for the update ^^
So far the game is really nice, one thing was inside my head regarding the seductive and debauchery.
If one quest may be resolve rather by one or the other, would we have the choice or will it be decided by the stats that outleved the other ? ^^
Good question. The thing is, Depravity and Seduction work hand in hand. Depravity is the willingness towards sexual actions, and Seduction is the ability to please. If a questline has multiple outcomes using other stats like Intrigue and Defiance, then speaking to different NPCs unlocks different pathways in that regard, so no danger of one outlevelling the other.

Nytemare

Sex Demon
Reputation score

I always think of depravity as like how much a slut Claire is. A slut would willingly do more hardcore sexual actions and might not require as much or any compensation for sexual favors.

However somebody that was very seductive would also be a sexual person, but they would lean more towards things like foreplay and tempting rather than the actual sexual actions. So they might be able to negotiate better pay for prostitution or maybe even put out less to get more.

Defiance is more of a fighting/aggressive style Claire. Solving problems by physical means and high resistance to non-consensual sex.

Intrigue is a measure of Claire's cleverness and problem solving skills.

A high depravity Claire might offer to fuck a guard to get past a checkpoint. A high seduction Claire might be able to walk up to the same guard, whisper in his ear and rub his crotch and get the same result.
A Claire that focuses on defiance might push the guard down and run past the same checkpoint.
If Claire were to use intrigue, maybe she could get past the checkpoint by sneaking past somehow, like climbing into a cart going through already or maybe noticing a slightly broken fence near the checkpoint.

So as you can see, Claire will have many ways to solve the same problem, it's just up to the player to decide which stats she has when the situation arises. And honestly this system of balances and checks is EXACTLY what makes this game's potential off the charts for me. Once it's more fleshed out and there more paths and more images and more erotica, this game could possibly be one of the best ever (if done as promised).

Bandung974

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Good question. The thing is, Depravity and Seduction work hand in hand. Depravity is the willingness towards sexual actions, and Seduction is the ability to please. If a questline has multiple outcomes using other stats like Intrigue and Defiance, then speaking to different NPCs unlocks different pathways in that regard, so no danger of one outlevelling the other.
Thx for the answers :)

ajso1987

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Great game, I am liking it so far.

In the starting areas before you go to the islands, Is this complete or do you intend fill it some more?

In the 4 main questlines for the game I remember you posted (version was that before you changed to VX) in order to unlock 1 you have to have accumulated a sum of 10 pts between 2 attributes. An example i remember you posted was that of the assassin route a combination of defiance and intrigue.

Now my question for this is that in that particular questlines can you use your other attributes to solve the quest like in a situation you are to assassinate a target and the obvious solution would be to infiltrate and kill the target but because your other stats like say seduction was high enough, you could kill your target via a honey trap route?

Also there was very little reason for Claire to sleep. I would just buy some wine to regain energy to do the tasks. It broke my immersion to the game. Is there a way to increase the need or a perk for Claire to sleep like if Claire slept, that the next x number tasks has their energy requirements reduced or you can do the opposite, If you accumulated x number of energy spent without sleeping you get a debuff like increase energy costs for tasks.

Last edited:
OP
Architect

Architect

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

In the starting areas before you go to the islands, Is this complete or do you intend fill it some more?
It is largely complete. We are, however, toying with the idea of adding monster encounters + their relevant scenes to the fores to make it harder to navigate.

Now my question for this is that in that particular questlines can you use your other attributes to solve the quest like in a situation you are to assassinate a target and the obvious solution would be to infiltrate and kill the target but because your other stats like say seduction was high enough, you could kill your target via a honey trap route?
That's the whole point of the game! Every major questline can be approached in different ways. However, be forewarned that some major questlines can be permanently ended through the use of a contradicting stat (ie. the Paramour Questline for Sorraine can be terminated completely with high enough Defiance). While difficult to have all four stats play a part in every single quest, we are hoping that for bigger quests we can have all the four stats in play. However, for every quest, there will always be multiple ways to approach it.

Also there was very little reason for Claire to sleep. I would just buy some wine to regain energy to do the tasks. It broke my immersion to the game. Is there a way to increase the need or a perk for Claire to sleep like if Claire slept, that the next x number tasks has their energy requirements reduced or you can do the opposite, If you accumulated x number of energy spent without sleeping you get a debuff like increase energy costs for tasks.
We're toying with the possibility of either adding a "sleep counter" that causes Claire to have detrimental effects if she does not sleep for prolonged periods of time, or increase the price of alcohol products so sleep is much cheaper, or just remove the EP quality of alcohol, or even add rape/attack risks to being in a state of drunkenness.

ajso1987

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

the Paramour Questline for Sorraine can be terminated completely with high enough Defiance
So if this occurs I should have a previous save that has a lower defiance then continue on the quest. Ok multi save playthrough ftw if this is the case.

You could place side quests to make it easier or make it more interesting for main quests progression.

jondom

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Architect,

Just wanted to say a big thanks for making this game, haven't seen something with so much potential since the first complete Monster Girl Quest was released a few years back. If the game is consistently on par or better than the demo, I think you could have a legendary title on your hands. Personally, I think that Claire's Quest will hit a point when it completely blows up, when more people will be aware of its development, it will spread like wildfire. There are so many things that the demo showed that no one else is even close to doing.

1.The Artwork, oh god the artwork is SPOT ON, amazing quality and claire's facial expressions are so damn good, I can't wait to see some when she is progressed and starts to enjoy herself if you know what I mean.

2. Whoever is doing the writing should be commended, its interesting conversations with npc/guards/family and the story seems compelling enough. The H-Scene writing and direction is HOT, seems like there is an experienced fanfiction/adult novelist doing the sex scene writing!

3. The multiple/branching options: this game would have been exciting enough if it was like all the other linear RPGmaker titles, but to have multiple quest lines,h-scene options,CONTINENTS is a massive undertaking, I can only hope you guys are up to the task. I've seen much smaller titles take 3-4 years *not naming names :rolleyes:

I think your Patreon will exponentially blow up in the coming months!

Kerlon

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Architect,

Just wanted to say a big thanks for making this game, haven't seen something with so much potential since the first complete Monster Girl Quest was released a few years back. If the game is consistently on par or better than the demo, I think you could have a legendary title on your hands. Personally, I think that Claire's Quest will hit a point when it completely blows up, when more people will be aware of its development, it will spread like wildfire. There are so many things that the demo showed that no one else is even close to doing.

1.The Artwork, oh god the artwork is SPOT ON, amazing quality and claire's facial expressions are so damn good, I can't wait to see some when she is progressed and starts to enjoy herself if you know what I mean.

2. Whoever is doing the writing should be commended, its interesting conversations with npc/guards/family and the story seems compelling enough. The H-Scene writing and direction is HOT, seems like there is an experienced fanfiction/adult novelist doing the sex scene writing!

3. The multiple/branching options: this game would have been exciting enough if it was like all the other linear RPGmaker titles, but to have multiple quest lines,h-scene options,CONTINENTS is a massive undertaking, I can only hope you guys are up to the task. I've seen much smaller titles take 3-4 years *not naming names :rolleyes:

gotta agree with that. However I wished the demo's would be a little more polished and without these bugs. 0.4.3 for example squashed some of them but broght in new ones.

Keyen

Reputation score

Alright, another question. Do you want to have a CG for every scene, or do you think it will be impossible?

OP
Architect

Architect

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Architect,

Thank you for the kind words! Our workload is basically split between JiangShi who does composing for the OST and all the artwork, and me, in charge of basically everything else including the writing. We've got quite the professional working values so we're quite determined to push out our releases every month no matter what.

Alright, another question. Do you want to have a CG for every scene, or do you think it will be impossible?
We are currently aiming for 50 unique CGs for all 50 of our planned scenes. 10 for the Prologue, and 10 for each city-state. Should this be too ambitious we might have to do variations + repeat usage of scenes, but for now, that is our aim.