What's new

ADV Patreon Active RPG Maker [Dystopian Project] Claire's Quest

OP
Architect

Architect

Mystic Girl
Reputation score
Re: Claire's Quest

Hmm... its fairly high priority, I'd say (I, too, like pictures!). My plan is to basically get the game furnished with Rathpike's full set of maps at least, and then put it on Patreon to get the original art funded. Once its on Patreon the funded art will play catchup to the game, basically. (In no universe is there an artist who can draw faster than a writer does the storyline).

There will be a combination of choices dependant on the stats. Your preferred route is definitely possible. Pooling stats in Defiance for example is the virgin run choice. Pooling it all in Depravity is an extreme slut run. Mixing it up gives you a middleground.

A reskinned version of the game was what I worried it'd look like, yeah!

Brassyandclassy

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Are there any plans to add a gallery for "unlocked" scenes? This question goes for Sex Zombie too. I know currently it isn't very hard to find the folder with the CGs but it would be nice if we can get the scenes with text and everything.

Edit: If its a lot of work then don't bother, I'll just save before each choice.

Last edited:
OP
Architect

Architect

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

I'm considering it! It's a lot more work since it'd involve adding switches to every scene to check which you've unlocked and removing the branches and events from each scene so it doesn't fuck up the overall game. It really depends on the demand though.

EDIT: You know what, I slept on it, and decided it was a great idea! I'm adding the functions for the gallery right now.

Last edited:

AllenAndArth

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

woooo
i like the new maps...the meat pit sounds interesting

Sayathing11

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

So I tried the 2014 ver.
The concept was awesome, you rarely see H-games such as this.
It's dark and realistic in a way.

The only downside was the lack of original art content, but man, looking forward to it!

OP
Architect

Architect

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Hi guys, I've got great news!

First of all, without any further ado, here is the download link for ver 0.4.1 of Claire's Quest:

You can get that download up and running before you read the rest of this post.

First of all, for ver 0.4.1 of Claire's Quest, you can basically play through a "remade" version of Claire's Quest on RMMV instead of RMVX, with content similar to what was on offer in 0.3.1. This version took into account all the complaints, feedback, and critiques given from all the RMVX versions, so do play through it even if you've done 0.3.1 before.

While you can head to the Isles in this version, you're advised to save in the pre-Isles maps as the Isles are not yet fully fleshed and completed (there's nothing to do there yet, anyway).

Secondly, I'm pleased and excited to announce the very talented JiangShi is coming on-board this project as the artist. You can find his work on HentaiFoundry if you search that handle. Here is an example of the work he's doing on the game, however, attached below:

On a side note, here's a Patreon page dedicated to our joint writer-artist cooperation:

The 0.4.2 patch will follow 0.4.1 in a week or so, with the first batch of original artwork coming into the game.

But do play through what's available for now and tell me what you all think!

Last edited:

lero989

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Can't seem to get back to the camp after going deep in the woods

OP
Architect

Architect

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Do you mean there's no transfer point back to camp or are you just lost?

lero989

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Do you mean there's no transfer point back to camp or are you just lost?
It loops at the same map when backtracking

Update Nevermind I just didnt see the small road that heads back

Last edited:

torkenstiem

Tentacle God
Reputation score

i played this a few months back, glad to see youre going to add some original art to the game.

kehe

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

This is great news, I really like the game!

OP
Architect

Architect

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Nevermind I just didnt see the small road that heads back
Yeah I knew people would get lost when I made this map.

i played this a few months back, glad to see youre going to add some original art to the game.
Yes, and not just the artwork, we'll have original music, and if we can raise the money for it, pixel sprite sex animations as well.

This is great news, I really like the game!
Thank you! Hope we don't disappoint!

Kerlon

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Hi, great to hear you continue working on your game. Also the art looks good!

Here is a question regarding the story:
will the shota scene still be in the game?

OP
Architect

Architect

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Hi, great to hear you continue working on your game. Also the art looks good!

Here is a question regarding the story:
will the shota scene still be in the game?
We're still discussing it. Putting that genre in means we can't put up screenshots or sometimes even links on quite a few websites with rules against it. That includes Patreon, too. As a result, while the base for it is there, I'm ultimately postponing all the content that treads a line legal line for now. I do want to possibly implement it all in, near the completion phase, however.

Last edited:

thswherizat

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

We're still discussing it. Putting that genre in means we can't put up screenshots or sometimes even links on quite a few websites with rules against it. That includes Patreon, too. As a result, while the base for it is there, I'm ultimately postponing all the content that treads a line legal line for now. I do want to possibly implement it all in, near the completion phase, however.
I believe there's some other games that are considering adding it as a kind of DLC, so that it's not in the base files but someone can grab it if they really want the scenes?

Though I suppose that's a bunch more work for you guys.

Azumi

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Seems great so far, the rework from previous one. This one certainly feels more smooth.

Also same system as in your other game, with zombies. HP and EP. It works well.

Can't wait to see future updates :>

OP
Architect

Architect

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

I believe there's some other games that are considering adding it as a kind of DLC, so that it's not in the base files but someone can grab it if they really want the scenes?

Though I suppose that's a bunch more work for you guys.
No, not at all. That's why if you play through you'll see the foundations for those scenes are totally set. We're thinking of an 'expansion pack' to reveal the content once the base game is done

Seems great so far, the rework from previous one. This one certainly feels more smooth.

Also same system as in your other game, with zombies. HP and EP. It works well.

Can't wait to see future updates :>
Thanks! And yeah, this system of mine works well for interactive, non-combat, no-grind RPGs.

Hentaisearch

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

This is amazing! Here are some thoughts on it:

Cool Stuff
  • Visuals - Everything looks so sharp and high def!
  • Music - Adding custom soundtracks really gives it that personal touch
  • Choice - Possibly the best choice mechanic I've seen in these games. Many other games just lightly scratch the surface and end with the same result. Every choice feels like it has an impact. Really brings in a wider audience for those who want to play pure, slut, dominatrix, badass assassin. Incredible job.

Not Cool Stuff
  • Just need to add original artwork in the future.
  • Only thing that really bothered me personally was how "tools" don't have multiple functions. For example, the knife. I took it with me to the fort and I thought I could use it on the torturer before I got branded, but it can only be used on the guy blocking the chest even though they were gonna kill him anyway. I didn't really mind that it was one time use because it fits in with the "puzzle" aspect of the game, it just would've been nice to have the freedom to decide who I wanted to kill.

Other than a few gripes, I can't wait to see more!

Also, is it really a good idea to work on multiple games at once?

OP
Architect

Architect

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Thanks for the feedback! You were actually meant to lose all of your possessions if you got captured in the Fort, but we're still working on that part, and other parts, like getting rid of quest items in your inventory that you failed to use.

And I won't be working on multiple games at once, per se. Claire's Quest will receive all of our devoted attention, and upon completion, we will embark on Sex Zombie, and subsequently MonsterGirl Tales. We're expecting each game to take around a year for completion. On a side note, I might work on the other titles in my spare time while waiting for art and other resources to catch up.

Last edited: