ADV Patreon Active RPG Maker [Dystopian Project] Claire's Quest

OP
Architect

Architect

Mystic Girl
Reputation score
Re: Claire's Quest

Hey all,

Due to inactivity and a general lack of communication, I've had to make the tough decision of dropping JiangShi as the artist for Claire's Quest. Fortunately, a pretty well-known artist has expressed interest in taking the position.

Here is a sample of the 'new' Claire by the new artist - Ganassa!

A new major update (0.6.1) without any artwork is due soon, following which art will be added in as soon as it is available in version 0.6.2.

Get excited!

Opferous

Reputation score

Very exciting news! Pushed me over the edge to pledge on Patreon :)

stoper

Sex Demon
Reputation score

You got Ganassa on board?
That's impressive, the guy's work is bloody awesome.
An instant pledge for me. Hopefully he'll be able to dedicate the time needed to the project.
Congrats.

A new major update (0.6.1) without any artwork is due soon, following which art will be added in as soon as it is available in version 0.6.2.
When you say added art to 0.6.2, do you mean all the art needed for the game so far?

sharpys

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Thread subscribed.

Ganassa is both reliable & has great art that offers to a broad range of subjects

dante2144

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

The art work looks amazing! Looking foward to it! Goodluck.

ajso1987

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Nice. Will the old CGs made by JiangShi remain or are they going to be replaced by Ganassa's work?

Reactions: Xil

Xil

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Well, Ganassa is well reliable. He's worked on all three LoQO games so I don't expect any problems from now on. He managed to make Claire look like the one already ingame too.
Nice. Will the old CGs made by JiangShi remain or are they going to be replaced by Ganassa's work?
I'd also like to know that.

OP
Architect

Architect

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Basically I will be filling in the scenes already in-game but without artwork first. The priority goes to filing out Hookton's scenes, and then moving on to the Rathpike scenes. I am expecting at least one CG set per month from Ganassa, maybe more if he's not too busy. Ganassa only just started work so the scenes won't be filled in dramatically fast or anything, but at least players can rest assured the artwork is finally on the way again.

All of JiangShi's completed CGs will remain. Ganassa will be doing the scenes without CGs, such as the toilet scene in Hookton. JiangShi's stuff will remain in-game until he requests they are taken down or Ganassa somehow runs out of scenes to draw for (a pretty long shot), at which point I'll have him redraw the old JS scenes.

Merrill

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

Wow, amazing choice Architect. Ganassa is easily one of my favorite artists.

Xil

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Nice! Real shame about Jiangshi though. I don't get why he would do that. He seems to still be posting on his HF page...

Kerlon

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Nice! Real shame about Jiangshi though. I don't get why he would do that. He seems to still be posting on his HF page...
yeah something is fishy here. I see the dude being very active on hentai foundry and it's strange he doesn't even talk to architect to take his share of patreon money.
Anyway I think he made his goal for the art way to ambitious. It's probably set to high with the high details,shadows, backgrounds, thus eating him alot of freetime.
But it's great Ganassa is on the project now, dude is a monster and I prefer his style over Jiangshi's, that drew weird noses and dicks.

OP
Architect

Architect

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Beyond my understanding, that's for sure. It doesn't seem like a simple problem by any measure. He seemed fine with everything right up until disappearing either. He didn't express any issue with the contract, he didn't take his share of the money, and didn't respond at all since September. He dropped out just as the Patreon got popular as well and would have given him a nice cash bonus to his full-time work. It's all very strange. I'm just glad I found new artists to pick up the slack, but I hope whatever plagues him gets resolved soon.

Last edited:

PeanutGallery

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Nice to hear; Ganassa's quite talented. Looking forward to more soon!

nopezetsu-san

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

just played demo quite a bit and looks promising. Story and mechanics seems nice but there was mostly black scenes and looks like you guys got some problem with artist and this explains black scenes i guess. Hope to see more content in future :) nice work

HV3

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Really excited to see what Ganassa can cook up.

can anyone post a link to the walkthrough, very confused why google-fu isnt bringing it up but I've already heard like 3 posters mention it.

really confused how to progress the Babysitting route,
I'm stuck at the "Thanks for coming to dinner the other night" just loops the two cleaning spots and the kid saying he did his own sheets

EDIT: Well that was disappointing, this event goes nowhere.

mini-walkthrough: http://www.ulmf.org/bbs/showpost.php?p=879078&postcount=293

And looks like the horse event is just bugged, image freezes on the last one(spurt) and the game still runs, I can open menu, even manuver my way outside(ya I'm that good) but the image of the horse in its "peak" is stuck on screen
tried multiple reloads
Save file (in case):

Last edited:
OP
Architect

Architect

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Happy holidays everyone! Major update for Claire's Quest here:

Previous bugs have been addressed, and player input has been taken into account to add new features like "Quest Complete!" and "New Quest!" popups. A significant amount of content has been added, almost all of it in Rathpike. Many new text-only scenes have been added.

Ganassa is currently working on the new CGs that will go into the game, which will be added in with 0.6.2 or 0.6.3.

A full changelog can be found via our Patreon:

Please help development by reporting bugs, typos/grammar, and giving general feedback! Your input is invaluable!

Particularly interested to know the stats players end up with when they arrive in Rathpike + when you finish all available content at the moment. tell me what your Defiance/Depravity/Intrigue/Seduction numbers are like!

Last edited:

Demontom

Demon Girl
Reputation score

So I just downloaded this, and when I went to start the game I got an error message that said "Failed to load img/system/iconset.png. Took a look into that directory and the file's not there.

Edit: I decided to put a random png file by that name into the folder, which did work. Unfortunately it's also missing balloon.png and I just didn't care enough to keep banging at it.

Last edited:

Hoboy

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

Same here - not sure what iconset.png you used, as this file name doesn't seem to be in earlier versions (just icon.png)

ments

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

so there is bunch of missing files, even morphing new version with old game still dont work