What's new

ACT Patreon Unknown/Hiatus [dystopianproject] Overgrown Genesis

OP
Architect

Architect

Mystic Girl
Reputation score
Re: Sex Zombie

Criticism. After looking up a treading topic on the computer, move back to the state after "do you want to turn on the computer."
Sorry, I'll change it to "the computer is asleep - want to move your mouse around a little bit?"

And yep I've fixed Billy's package not being removed.

Last edited:

Sierra Lee

Cthulhu
Reputation score

If the upcoming zombie content is to my taste, I am on board for this. This sounds like it could be my sort of thing. ^-^

Am I correct in thinking that the v0.2 you detail in the changelog isn't available yet?

Azumi

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Is v 0.2 already out? Since all the changes has been added under the changelog spoiler, or is that stuff to be expected? :>

OP
Architect

Architect

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

The v0.2 changelog is basically what I've already added or am adding to the game. When it's available I will both make a new post here as well as edit the first post.

Nytemare

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Interesting concept I suppose.

Things I noticed, they may have been mentioned before.

1) No exit button on in game menu or title screen.

2) You can talk to the suit right after he tells you that you need credentials and he'll act like you have them and tell you to go upstairs to meet the dispatch team. Though you can't actually proceed at that point. (it looks like there's a quest item called fake credentials that will appear in inventory when you talk to this weird doll sitting in the same room as the suit).

3) In terms of writing, I'd normally expect a little backstory at new game to set up the scenario/character.

It was an okay 20 minutes I guess. But at the end of it, I didn't feel exactly desperate for more. Maybe as you flesh out the story and the game mechanics, this game will become more interesting. Claire's quest? That game had me desperately hoping for more, but then it dropped off. Sex Zombie isn't to that level yet.

Combustion Man

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Gameplay Mechanics:

You have two primary bars - a HP (Hunger Points) Bar, and an MP (Morale Points) bar. When Juno gets attacked/raped, she loses MP; however, as long as her MP bar is somewhat filled, she will get back on her feet, and back out there into the cruel world. If her MP bar is drained, she loses the will to fight, and surrenders to whatever enemy is attacking her at the moment - ie. "bad end". Different enemies have different bad ends. To restore her MP bar, Juno can rest at a safehouse. This, in exchange, drains her HP bar. When her HP bar goes negative, Juno will die of hunger. You can restore Juno's HP gradually by consuming supplies (ie. food and drink). Balance Juno's HP and MP to make it out of the zombie apocalypse in one piece.

Juno's a talented gal. She has four primary stats: Strength, Intelligence, Charisma, and Luck. Strength lets her perform manually intensive tasks by forcing open jammed doors. Intelligence lets her hack into computer systems to open remote doors. Charisma lets her talk her way out of tricky situations. And Luck? Luck speaks for itself. Her stats can be increased by consuming different items or making the right choices in certain situations. If her stats aren't high enough, she won't be able to get through tough times unscathed.

Juno's no pushover. Never has been. If armed with the right weapons, Juno can take on the apocalypse with the best of them. Different weapons correspond to different kinds of enemies. A bullet to the head will put down a slow-moving zombie, but a infected zombie-dog-thing is way too fast for an untrained shooter to hit. Fortunately, once they get up close and personal, burying a knife deep inside their skull will stop them moving. Find different weapons to use against different enemies.
Is it really difficult to sum up the game mechanics to make it understandable ?
Like Action / pixel game or Action / RPG / whatever or Turn based / RPG ...

So far, i don't understand anything.
It doesn't make me eager to try the game (far from it )

Emerald_Gladiator

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Interesting concept I suppose.

2) You can talk to the suit right after he tells you that you need credentials and he'll act like you have them and tell you to go upstairs to meet the dispatch team. Though you can't actually proceed at that point. (it looks like there's a quest item called fake credentials that will appear in inventory when you talk to this weird doll sitting in the same room as the suit).
Huh, didn't even notice the lack of a "quit to desktop" button in title screen. The game menu does allow a return to title screen, but as you said, the title screen itself doesn't have a button to exit out. While I simply just close the window to quit, I suppose this could create a nuisance for people who play full-screen, and yeah, a "quit to desktop" button probably should be in both game menu and title screen.

The fake credentials item obtained by talking to the sprite is my biggest complaint as well (especially because if you don't understand how it bugs your game, you'll try to spend forever in proceeding), but it's something Architect is almost certainly going to fix in v0.2. If you've been following the thread, I think it was a forgotten debug or leftover feature that wasn't removed, so simply not interacting with the sprite will allow you to continue to play properly.

OP
Architect

Architect

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

That's odd. I didn't do anything to it - its more a facet of the software than anything.

Yep, fixed.

3) In terms of writing, I'd normally expect a little backstory at new game to set up the scenario/character.
You'll get one soon. That was a very, very basic beta. It also took me much longer to make this because unlike a standard RPGMaker toolset (which I used for Claire's Quest) this one has custom graphics to get the proper atmosphere.

It was an okay 20 minutes I guess. But at the end of it, I didn't feel exactly desperate for more. Maybe as you flesh out the story and the game mechanics, this game will become more interesting. Claire's quest? That game had me desperately hoping for more, but then it dropped off. Sex Zombie isn't to that level yet.
I'm not surprised. Claire's Quest (by 0.3) has about ten times more content than Sex Zombie at the moment. I'm doing my best to get it up to about an hour or so of playtime by 0.2

OP
Architect

Architect

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Bump! ver 0.2 is out! Here is a download link to mediafire. Copy and paste it to your browser.

mediafire.com/download/cq3rjn0r4on5xdn/Sex_Zombie.zip
Report any bugs/gamestoppers/etc. you may find as soon as you can. I didn't playtest this version completely so they may pop up... soon.

This version is much more fleshed out. Hope you all enjoy.

Soljer13

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

Im loving this. I love the idea of zombies raping women to turn them into zombies. But there is so frikkin little games that revolve around that.

dartred

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Im loving this. I love the idea of zombies raping women to turn them into zombies. But there is so frikkin little games that revolve around that.
me too. that's why i love this doujin. she has sex with a zombie duing the apoclypse to relief some stress. luckily the condom prevents any cum from making contact with the mucus membrane.

you go without a condom and let him cum inside you just because you'd rather risk it and feel pleasure.

then this happens

love how the infection really does start spreading from her vagina. luckily they did find some vaccine and that keeps the virus from fully infecting her.

but she doesn't have any morning afte.r pills ;)
who knows what's going to "happen". i guess if this series was long enough. since she has a vaccine. can she carry a zombies baby to full term and not be infected herself? what a paradox and i wish i could find out! lol

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
game related

ammo doesn't seem to actually be used up. unless that was intentional so we can just go ham on the zombies since it's a demo.

edit: found the same barrier still missing. which lets me walk pass the female officer

Last edited:
OP
Architect

Architect

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

See that infection counter at the bottom when you open up the menu? You're going to love it once I flesh that out ;)

ammo doesn't seem to actually be used up. unless that was intentional so we can just go ham on the zombies since it's a demo.
Whoops. No, not intentional, I actually forgot to script that part. Fixed.

edit: found the same barrier still missing. which lets me walk pass the female officer

Aha, thank you kindly. See that piece of litter there? That's causing the pathing problem. Fixed.

Last edited:

dartred

Tentacle God
Reputation score

if it's not spoilers to ask. how many endings are there in this demo. any more besides the dont resist ending?

how i wish my tablet didn't crap out. i would have offered to do art for your game (free of course). i'm loving the premise but seeing butcha-u art is kinda breaking my immersion XD. that way you would have art to the game to call your own. i think i was a decent artist when i use to draw. i was gonna do art for the resident evil progeny guy before he disappeared.

examples of images i made for him that i never showed to any one until now. since the game is a dead project it's not spoilers.

and my personal favorite because... reasons

Last edited:
OP
Architect

Architect

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

if it's not spoilers to ask. how many endings are there in this demo. any more besides the dont resist ending?
For 0.2, there's two bad ends; one of them is not resisting a zombie attack, the other is in the high school. ;)

how i wish my tablet didn't crap out. i would have offered to do art for your game (free of course). i'm loving the premise but seeing butcha-u art is kinda breaking my immersion XD. that way you would have art to the game to call your own. i think i was a decent artist when i use to draw. i was gonna do art for the resident evil progeny guy before he disappeared.

examples of images i made for him that i never showed to any one until now. since the game is a dead project it's not spoilers.
That's very flattering! And these are quite good! As for donated artwork, I did use to do that for a bit when I was doing MGU RPG, but because the artwork was so scattered and different since it was by different artists it was really bugging the hell out of me. I'm probably going to patreon once the game is fully finished to get donations and then source an artist whose willing to contract everything I need.

And I love using butcha-u artwork for now anyhow. Everytime I see the CGSet I'm currently using now (RE:ThoroughBred GameOver2) I always muse to myself "Well, this would be so much better if it was actually in a game!"

dartred

Tentacle God
Reputation score

yeah, no problem. that does sound good. can't wait for the next update now lol.

2 things.

is the subways that requires 5 electrical parts the end? i have 6 parts but it won't work.

was picking up only ammo suppose to give me a gun? i some how was able to shoot zombies after picking up ammo even when i didn't choose to resist and receive the gun from the officers.

Last edited:

coolgy

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Im loving where this game is going! Keep up the fantastic work :)

NorzZ

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

You need exactly 5 electrical parts to pass through the last door, If you have more than 5 it's bugged
This happened to me so many times

Hentai no Echii

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Found a bug. On the subway, the electrical panel doesn't recognize that I have 5x electrical parts. Currently have 7. Maybe it doesn't recognize it when the parts are above 5?

Edit: Yep, that seems to be the problem. If you have more than 5 electrical parts, then system will not recognize it.

Last edited:

dartred

Tentacle God
Reputation score

You need exactly 5 electrical parts to pass through the last door, If you have more than 5 it's bugged
oh... great... lol

welp, lets see if i can cheat engine the number down.

edit: nvm... there are 4 process of rpg maker and i dont know what values to use when searching. that's 4X the work.

Last edited:
OP
Architect

Architect

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

was picking up only ammo suppose to give me a gun? i some how was able to shoot zombies after picking up ammo even when i didn't choose to resist and receive the gun from the officers.
If you don't get a gun from the officers, grabbing ammo pickups will give you a gun + ammo. If you already got the gun, then its just a standard ammo pickup.

Im loving where this game is going! Keep up the fantastic work
Thank you! Please look forward to the next version too!
Shit. I scripted it wrongly. At the moment the variable is "if you have EXACTLY 5 electrical parts". I'm changing it to "5 or more" now, sorry.
Not that I'm complaining but how many times did you play this version...?