What's new

ACT Patreon Unknown/Hiatus [dystopianproject] Overgrown Genesis

Hentai no Echii

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Re: Sex Zombie

oh... great... lol

welp, lets see if i can cheat engine the number down.

edit: nvm... there are 4 process of rpg maker and i dont know what values to use when searching. that's 4X the work.
It's usually the 3rd process. Also, here's a link to make cheating easier (lol) forum.cheatengine.org/viewtopic.php?t=586830

Forgot where and what to do with the code thingy so good luck .-.
(This thing works so far with all MV games I've played)

Emerald_Gladiator

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Ah, playing through V02 right now. You make some crazy fast progress, especially considering V01. I'm a bit apprehensive, as I've seen devs go quite fast and then flame out, but this is looking excellent. While I don't have the time to continue reviewing like this, I think this game merits my attention. :D
Pros
  • You've applied most of the user-requested fixes (e.g. removing the bugged sprite, adding sparkles/indicators).
  • You've greatly improved the artwork (I KNEW someone would use that artwork for a H-game. I've seen it before and was thinking exactly the same thing you were: "boy this would look good in an RPG"). I'm counting 5 scenes total (2 human, 3 zombie), and I think you made a good choice with the artwork for now, not just because I like it as a preference, but because with its progression, you don't need to add animation for a while (or at all).
  • You've beefed up the content and improved the storyline (eh, I knew you'd fix it eventually, but man, that was uber quick; I'd have been happy to wait a few days for it).

Cons (really minor stuff)
  • Biggest problem: If you've got more than 5 electrical parts (I collected all 7 parts before entering the subway station), you can't repair the subway power. You need EXACTLY 5 (tested). Either fix the code to 5+, or remove 2 of the electrical parts from the area to restrict the total parts to 5.
  • I still dunno why, when Juno whores herself to Billy, she gets kicked out and then has to re-enter in order to get the fake credentials.
  • For me personally, Juno gets corrupted a bit too easily (e.g. your text and her facial expressions seem more 'enjoyed rape' than actual rape). Again, this is just me, because most H-RPGs follow your style...for me though, it always seems too unrealistic, and one of the elements I admire about your game is its realism. Just sayin.
  • One of the new rooms (the single room) doesn't have great pathing, as does some other narrow areas in which it seems possible to traverse.
  • Would be cool to have a gallery or a sex-counter for Juno, in the far future.
  • I wish NPC interactions were more central or interesting to the story. I just noticed that, in my second playthrough, the NPCs are just...there. In my first playthrough, I pretty much talked to each one, but in the second, I ignored all of them and I don't think my game turned out any differently. I think that's why I liked a sprite RPG like Pokemon, where talking to random NPCs would reward you with an item or something.
  • Found it weird that some quest items/points of interest DIDN'T have sparkles (e.g. the generators/switches, and the dead man's keycard). While some may argue having constant sparkles makes the game too easy (and I agree to an extent), I also find that not having them for some story-important elements is noticeable too. Therefore, I'd suggest you be consistent. Either have them for everything, or nothing.
  • I could live with Hunger/ammo/stats still useless/in beta, but I was really hoping to see how combat would be like. :/ Guess I have to wait for the next release....

lol, who would remove that stool...I would! What a pleasant/unpleasant surprise. :D Anyway, your progress is spectacular and it's shaping up to be a really great game. Keep it up and I hope we can continue bumping this thread; this deserves to be on the FP daily. :)

EDIT: Dammit, it took me an hour to play through V02 about 3-4 times, and almost half an hour to edit and note all my ideas down, and I'm seeing that everyone's been already pointing out stuff. But yeah, that bug seems like it's the biggest deal for now (then again, that's about it for the current story, so maybe not lol).

Last edited:
OP
Architect

Architect

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Thank you kindly Emerald_Gladiator.

As for your concerns:

Biggest problem: If you've got more than 5 electrical parts (I collected all 7 parts before entering the subway station), you can't repair the subway power. You need EXACTLY 5 (tested). Either fix the code to 5+, or remove 2 of the electrical parts from the area to restrict the total parts to 5.
Fixed.

I still dunno why, when Juno whores herself to Billy, she gets kicked out and then has to re-enter in order to get the fake credentials.
Story-wise, she needed some fresh air. Game design-wise, I needed to script it that way to get the guy blocking the path out of the way for event progression.

For me personally, Juno gets corrupted a bit too easily (e.g. your text and her facial expressions seem more 'enjoyed rape' than actual rape). Again, this is just me, because most H-RPGs follow your style...for me though, it always seems too unrealistic, and one of the elements I admire about your game is its realism. Just sayin.
Hm, duly noted. I might toy around with it again in the future.

One of the new rooms (the single room) doesn't have great pathing, as does some other narrow areas in which it seems possible to traverse.
The control room? There's no enemies there. Had to make it cramped-ish so you get couldn't get through and had to find a tool to clear it.

Would be cool to have a gallery or a sex-counter for Juno, in the far future.
I'll consider making one! Not until after the game is borderline complete would that be practical though.
I wish NPC interactions were more central or interesting to the story. I just noticed that, in my second playthrough, the NPCs are just...there. In my first playthrough, I pretty much talked to each one, but in the second, I ignored all of them and I don't think my game turned out any differently. I think that's why I liked a sprite RPG like Pokemon, where talking to random NPCs would reward you with an item or something.
At this point, important NPC interaction won't be present. Until, say, near the end of Chapter 1? I wanted Chapter 1 to really convey a sense of solitude and loneliness while struggling to survive. The evils of society as a theme will be explored in Chapter 2.

Found it weird that some quest items/points of interest DIDN'T have sparkles (e.g. the generators/switches, and the dead man's keycard). While some may argue having constant sparkles makes the game too easy (and I agree to an extent), I also find that not having them for some story-important elements is noticeable too. Therefore, I'd suggest you be consistent. Either have them for everything, or nothing.
As you said, sparkles for everything makes it a little too easy. The items are hidden albeit too well without sparkles so I understand the need for it. Since this game has puzzle elements, though, well - I'm trying to stay fateful to the whole running around and clicking everything trying to see what works to get you to the next level.

I could live with Hunger/ammo/stats still useless/in beta, but I was really hoping to see how combat would be like. :/ Guess I have to wait for the next release....
Stats will start coming into play soon. Hunger and Morale are active! Ammo, eh, that was a mistake on my part. Combat was meant to revolve around conservation of ammo and avoiding enemies where possible (you won't have enough ammo to kill everything on the map - so you would need to avoid where you can and shoot only when necessary).

Junk-Hobo

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Yo Architect nice game. But you uploaded ver 0.2 instead of the latest version on mediafire.

Emerald_Gladiator

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Yo Architect nice game. But you uploaded ver 0.2 instead of the latest version on mediafire.
Version 0.2 is the latest version, as conveyed in the OP. The changelog shows updates to be implemented in the next version (V0.3). I admit it confused me at first too, but I appreciate that Architect is taking our feedback seriously and is preemptively letting testers and readers alike know what's in store for every future release.

Architect, I meant the single room with 3 sparkles (iirc, it's the one with the Protein and two other items--an electrical part and another), where there's actually a very linear path Juno must take but it seems like you can easily navigate around the 2-3 zombies, which isn't the case. This occurs in another area outside as well. I can deal with narrow chokes and alleys, as annoying as they may be, but it sort of sucks when you've got a seemingly open area but you can't move because a quarter of a chair or another edge of debris is covering part of the sprite of the floor which you can't traverse.

Thanks for your responses to my feedback; all of them make sense (my apologizes for some oversights; I saw morale was implemented, but didn't really find a use for hunger, other than using it to rest after using morale, hence why I thought it was fairly useless, and therefore the hunger-replenishing items as well).

I'm curious though--while I understand completely your rationale on combat/avoiding combat, is that the extent to which we're going to be seeing combat? (as it is now, it seems you just find ammo, run into a zombie either accidentally or as the situation necessitates, and then click a button to kill it). If so, this seems more of a story/puzzle RPG, and while there's nothing wrong with that, you may be limiting yourself greatly by eschewing combat.

Last edited:
OP
Architect

Architect

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Architect, I meant the single room with 3 sparkles (iirc, it's the one with the Protein and two other items--an electrical part and another), where there's actually a very linear path Juno must take but it seems like you can easily navigate around the 2-3 zombies, which isn't the case. This occurs in another area outside as well. I can deal with narrow chokes and alleys, as annoying as they may be, but it sort of sucks when you've got a seemingly open area but you can't move because a quarter of a chair or another edge of debris is covering part of the sprite of the floor which you can't traverse
Oh the classroom. Some areas I made narrow on purpose so you would have to use ammo against the zombies instead of avoiding them. There are pathing issues as you mention though, because of the way these pixelated graphics work. Tell me if its gets too annoying and I'll figure something out. I've already started working on the classroom you mentioned.

I'm curious though--while I understand completely your rationale on combat/avoiding combat, is that the extent to which we're going to be seeing combat? (as it is now, it seems you just find ammo, run into a zombie either accidentally or as the situation necessitates, and then click a button to kill it). If so, this seems more of a story/puzzle RPG, and while there's nothing wrong with that, you may be limiting yourself greatly by eschewing combat.
That's about exactly it! Weapons are used almost as a puzzle solver. I wanted to implement a real shooting system at one point, but its a lot harder than you'd think since RMMV doesn't natively support it, scripts to implement at the moment are mostly RMVX, they take a huge amount of time to actually master and implement, and then they're mostly geared for native sprites and animations while my sprites and animations are customized, the script does the work but I'd need to have characters/images for bullets/firing/etc ... basically, I'd love to, but it would be a nightmare to attempt.

Emerald_Gladiator

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Oh the classroom. Some areas I made narrow on purpose so you would have to use ammo against the zombies instead of avoiding them. There are pathing issues as you mention though, because of the way these pixelated graphics work. Tell me if its gets too annoying and I'll figure something out. I've already started working on the classroom you mentioned.

That's about exactly it! Weapons are used almost as a puzzle solver. I wanted to implement a real shooting system at one point, but its a lot harder than you'd think since RMMV doesn't natively support it, scripts to implement at the moment are mostly RMVX, they take a huge amount of time to actually master and implement, and then they're mostly geared for native sprites and animations while my sprites and animations are customized, the script does the work but I'd need to have characters/images for bullets/firing/etc ... basically, I'd love to, but it would be a nightmare to attempt.
Yeah, I get the intentional narrowness, but as I said before, it's just that certain areas seem accessible but aren't...like invisible walls. Nothing more annoying than trying to escape a few zombies, and seeing an opening or plotting out your escape route, only to be deterred and trapped by a corner of a desk or something.

Ah, that's fine. Well, while slightly disappointing, you've already proven that the storyline, content, and gameplay are still enough to look forward to new releases. I'm still a bit apprehensive, just considering that nearly all H-RPG zombie games have included some form of combat, however awful. Then again, I suppose by removing the illusion of combat, you shift the player's focus on survival and the importance of conservation/combat avoidance. If that's the case, I'd recommend a scarcity of ammo. In fact, as a note of realism, you've got to wonder how a young girl who has only stripping and an EE degree on her resume is able to handle a gun. Maybe that's something you can factor in stats or in her ability to one-hit kill zombies. For now, encountering a zombie seems like a trivial and inconsequential task, even discounting the unlimited ammo. Anything to make even that little aspect of combat interesting.

Also, while I understand surrendering to the zombies as a way to gratify a player with instant H-content, what's Juno's reasoning to give up? Right now, she's basically like, "F*** it, take me". Is she just mentally/physically tired/overwhelmed or mind-broken or something? Just doesn't seem real.

Azumi

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Went through 0.2.

Found bugs:
Ammo does not deplete after shooting a zombie

It seems to be the same with the electrical parts, you didn't lose one of em' from your invo, during the sewer quest

OP
Architect

Architect

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Also, while I understand surrendering to the zombies as a way to gratify a player with instant H-content, what's Juno's reasoning to give up? Right now, she's basically like, "F*** it, take me". Is she just mentally/physically tired/overwhelmed or mind-broken or something? Just doesn't seem real.
Its primarily there for gratification; however, when you've been abandoned by yourself in the middle of a zombie apocalypse with no hope of rescue in sight it would definitely be on the cards for an emotional breakdown and surrender to occur.

Ammo does not deplete after shooting a zombie
Already fixed

It seems to be the same with the electrical parts, you didn't lose one of em' from your invo, during the sewer quest
Just checked; you do lose the part doing the sewer quest, but its not removed during the subway quest, so, thanks anyway! Found a bug!

Last edited:

DocClox

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Fun game, looking forward to the next instalment.

I like the look and feel of it all. The graphics have a nicely retro feel to them, and the zombies milling around were nicely judged. Not so many that you have to try and fight, but just too many of them to feel safe. Very evocative of the classic zombie flicks.

I was going to say that bullets were a bit too plentiful, but I see there's a bug where they aren't depleted. I was looking forward to having to balance food vs. morale vs. ammo.

There does seem to be a bug where you can't fix the subway panel if you have >5 electrical parts. I had seven of them and had to reload

As a suggestion, maybe add an option for the heroine to endure the zombies' attentions in order to conserve ammo, possibly with longer term consequences since you seem to hint that there's some sort of addictive quality to zombie sex.

The other thing I'd add is that the HP/Sleep/Food mechanism could perhaps be clearer. (Either that or I skipped through the relevant ext too fast and missed it). I read that you lose 100hp from sleeping and initially assumed it was a typo and that you regained that many HP. Another name for the variable would perhaps help ... but I can't think of anything suitable offhand.

Anyway, like I said at the start: you've got a fun game here, and I'm looking forward to the next release.

OP
Architect

Architect

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

As a suggestion, maybe add an option for the heroine to endure the zombies' attentions in order to conserve ammo.
I considered it, but found it too unrealistic that someone would just spread her legs in the middle of a zombie apocalypse and let a zombie do a quickie so it got tired and let her run away without shooting it...

possibly with longer term consequences since you seem to hint that there's some sort of addictive quality to zombie sex
Ah, but there *are* long term consequences. The infection meter, while currently inactive, is there on your menu for a reason. It goes up every time you have zombie sex and survive. Hint: the game's title doesn't refer to your enemies.

OP
Architect

Architect

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Bump. Here is version 0.3

Might take a break after this one; been neglecting my other projects to do nearly daily releases for this game.

mediafire.com/download/cq3rjn0r4on5xdn/Sex_Zombie.zip

Last edited:
B

bleahblah

Ah thats good. I do hope that opens up options to run around for consensual zombie romps after a certain point as opposed to a game over.

I considered it, but found it too unrealistic that someone would just spread her legs in the middle of a zombie apocalypse and let a zombie do a quickie so it got tired and let her run away without shooting it...

Ah, but there *are* long term consequences. The infection meter, while currently inactive, is there on your menu for a reason. It goes up every time you have zombie sex and survive. Hint: the game's title doesn't refer to your enemies.

OP
Architect

Architect

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Its actually more...

... futa zombie queen-ish... with her turning from submissive to dominant against other female characters in the game.

dartred

Tentacle God
Reputation score

is this one a bug fix update solely or is there also new content too?

OP
Architect

Architect

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

is this one a bug fix update solely or is there also new content too?
There's new content. Check the changelog if you want to know exactly what was added, or just start a new game and be surprised.

lordcruxis

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I like the concept of this game, but some of the gameplay choices really kill my desire to play.

Mostly, you say it's possible to not have sex, and I believe that it's theoretically possible, but it is in no way practical. Inside any building there is pretty much no room to maneuver at all, just single lane hallways with more zambos than you have ammo.

I also am not a fan of just using RE rule 34 art, so I have 0 desire to get raped, but the gameplay is ultimately way too frustrating to try a no-sex run.

I wish you luck, but this game is not for me.

Brassyandclassy

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Apparently it's a lot easier to find clipping errors if you just hold down left click to move around. You can get on top of the wall via going up right next to the door.

Seems like the infection count doesn't do anything yet, but either way I don't think Juno is quite as healthy as she would like to be. (With Cheat Engine, 42 seems to be the maximum amount of zombies you can screw, provided that you grab and use every single bullet you can get in this version)
In other news, there have been reports that a large number of zombies walking the streets of West and East Greer have mysteriously collapsed. The Suits have begun an investigation with the police department, but no further details have been released.

EDIT: Some suggestions:
-If Juno's strength is high enough, let her grab some melee weapons to use against zombies, ex. The fire ax, fire-extinguishers, iron pipes, etc.
-Zombies that collapse after screwing Juno should be able to reanimate if she tries to sleep. If she has melee weapons or more bullets afterwards though, she can finish them off. (This will probably make the game a lot harder...)
-The Bag of Loot should be given out as one or two of each food item instead of as a single massive meal.

Attachments

Last edited:
OP
Architect

Architect

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

I like the concept of this game, but some of the gameplay choices really kill my desire to play.

Mostly, you say it's possible to not have sex, and I believe that it's theoretically possible, but it is in no way practical. Inside any building there is pretty much no room to maneuver at all, just single lane hallways with more zambos than you have ammo.

I also am not a fan of just using RE rule 34 art, so I have 0 desire to get raped, but the gameplay is ultimately way too frustrating to try a no-sex run.

I wish you luck, but this game is not for me.
It should be possible. I did a personal run and managed to clear up to Chapter 1 with zero sex scenes. I simply save ammo for the rooms and don't bother while in open areas. There's also strategies to avoid narrow hallways with zombies (hint: computers in the tunnels). However, I understand your frustrations, but fret not; I design more than one game and the more public-friendly Claire's Quest is due for an update.

Seems like the infection count doesn't do anything yet said:
Infection count's not working yet no.

In other news, there have been reports that a large number of zombies walking the streets of West and East Greer have mysteriously collapsed. The Suits have begun an investigation with the police department, but no further details have been released.
I knew someone was going to go for the 'save the world by screwing them all!' approach. The infection counter stops this when active.

If Juno's strength is high enough, let her grab some melee weapons to use against zombies, ex. The fire ax, fire-extinguishers, iron pipes, etc.
I did consider it. But the combat I can implement is so limited because I'm no programmer or artist. My best strengths lie in writing, and I had to pick up videos and books to learn everything I know to do the game. I will try to do something in the future.

Zombies that collapse after screwing Juno should be able to reanimate if she tries to sleep. If she has melee weapons or more bullets afterwards though, she can finish them off.
I considered this! In future versions I might definitely do something like let her permakill tired zombies she had sex with. If she doesn't finish them off then post-resting they reanimate.

-The Bag of Loot should be given out as one or two of each food item instead of as a single massive meal.
Hm. Possibly, sure.

yasnadhy

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

which is the password for the computer in the game? I have looked everywhere and I gave up please helpme