What's new

ACT Patreon Unknown/Hiatus [dystopianproject] Overgrown Genesis

Slam Sector

Sex Demon
Reputation score
Re: Sex Zombie

From the current game, it seems like it's possible to get infected and continue to survive and push through the game while dealing with mutations. If that's true, it's a pretty novel and interesting way to handle a zombie game, but I could see things getting dense later on. Do you plan to have a "monster path" that you get put on after a certain number of exposures, or is there just going to be a series of bad ends that trigger at points in the story depending on your exposure counter?

OP
Architect

Architect

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

From the current game, it seems like it's possible to get infected and continue to survive and push through the game while dealing with mutations. If that's true, it's a pretty novel and interesting way to handle a zombie game, but I could see things getting dense later on. Do you plan to have a "monster path" that you get put on after a certain number of exposures, or is there just going to be a series of bad ends that trigger at points in the story depending on your exposure counter?
The infection counter is racked up based on the amount of zombie sex you have, basically.

The infection can be lowered with specific items, but after a certain amount of infection is reached Juno will go down a "monster path" of sorts rather than the "survivor" path.

TitanMeteor

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I enjoyed the demo and I have to say there is a lot of good writing done in it. This definitely has a lot of promise and I'm looking forward to what's to come.

OP
Architect

Architect

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Another tidbit is here for Sex Zombie fans! Here is the concept artwork for Juno from Armandox!

What do you guys think of it?

If you think this looks similar to the sister from A Zombie's Life, that's because both AZL and Sex Zombie use the same graphics pack created by VexedEnigma!

Last edited:

Zaiaku

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Who in turn made the zombie apocalypse pack for RPGMaker MV right? And of course it would make sense to model the CGs after the sprites rather than having difficulty doing it the other way around.

OP
Architect

Architect

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Who in turn made the zombie apocalypse pack for RPGMaker MV right? And of course it would make sense to model the CGs after the sprites rather than having difficulty doing it the other way around.
More or less! Basically I worked with what I was given in the pack, seeing as making a customised character from scratch would require a lot more effort.

Last edited:

Xil

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

The artstyle is different enough so it's pretty fine. This is what I imagined her looking like at the start when I saw her sprite really, but then I saw the Jill art and I was like "oh". :p

OP
Architect

Architect

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

The artstyle is different enough so it's pretty fine. This is what I imagined her looking like at the start when I saw her sprite really, but then I saw the Jill art and I was like "oh". :p
"Ah, yes, he couldn't afford original artwork!" xD

GeeSeki

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I really like the artstyle of the sprites and the environment. But yeah, when I saw the CG of Juno for the first time, I was a bit confused. Never the less, really fun game so far.

jondom

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Also would like to know if this game is dead in the water, it had so much potential..

OP
Architect

Architect

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

It's not dead. I devoted more of my time on Claire's Quest for the past few months. However, I recently overhauled Sex Zombie and published a new version on Patreon!

My patrons have early access, but the public version will be released on 20th March!

Eyesday

Demon Girl
Reputation score

0.4.1 Sex Zombie? That's what i'm talking about!

OP
Architect

Architect

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

A new version of Sex Zombie is now publicly available!

Mega Link + Decryption Key (version 0.4.1):

We've overhauled the combat system, introduced original CG and animation, and added a new gameplay area. There are some bugs with the combat though, so please save in front of a door/transfer point (preferably in a safehouse) so you can reset to a safe zone if the game starts glitching out.

dantathedevil

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I have a feeling that glitch needs to be taken care of as soon as possible, it always happens when other npc's are on the screen and sometimes when none are on the screen. One other glitch I noticed was that the game over zombie scene doesn't play after there is no more mp. I like the art work and new game play but this glitch makes it nearly unplayable when it happens so often, one other thing I might suggest is let the player control the amount of time the sprite H-scene shows up, right now it goes so fast the player can't enjoy the artwork of it.

Sznifer

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I only found 1 CG in this game it was a blowjob there i anymore also when i make save in bulidings a npc disaper when i load this again.

Zer0xChan

Reputation score

So far every save I've made has ended up bugging leaving me trapped in a room where none of the exits work anymore. Completely restarting the game does nothing.

OP
Architect

Architect

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

My hands are tied on this one since it's a programming issue at the core. My programmer is already hard at work trying to fix it, so we'll hopefully get a 0.4.2 version out soon!

Slam Sector

Sex Demon
Reputation score

This is really tricky to play through at the moment, due to the progress-annihilating save bug, but I can tell you the combat works well enough. Zombies slide forward a little when killed, and I don't know if that's gonna cause problems if they bump into Juno while dying, but the shooting is reliable enough, for now.
Is there a way to have the animations play over the text, instead of in a blink-and-you-miss-it spurt after? Because it kind of eliminates the point of having cool animation loops, as is.