What's new

E3 discussion zone!

Bob

Lurker
Reputation score
ok, so those who have been following E3 at all, we shalt talk of it here. your hopes and dreams for it. things that have surprised, angered, or unimpressed you, who's press conference was the best, what games, tech, ETC look awesome, please keep fanboy/girling to a minimum at least.

first i thought all the press conferences sucked except microsoft, and sony's. didn't watch nintendo's, but it looked boring, and EA's was ok, wish they would've shown more about dante's inferno though, all that i liked from ubisoft was towards the end of their conference, everything else was way too much talking. i like the look of ODST, even though i don't own a 360 and may never, but everything about the sony conference blew me away, from their new wii-mutilator, to MAG which may finally give halo a run for it's money if the game's done right, and, of course, God Of War 3, and all the other announcements they made about exclusive games, and content, seems sony's finally gotten their head in the game, yay! so, what's some of your opinions so far?

aika

El Presidente
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score
Re: E3 discussion zone!

Yay for Golden Sun on DS, looking forward to trying out Red Steel 2 and the new Super Mario Bros game. Never played Galaxy, so Galaxy 2 doesn't appeal to me.

*ignores Bob's comments about not having watched Nintendo's*

OP
Bob

Bob

Lurker
Reputation score

i don't own anything made by nintendo except the good old 64, and a gameboy advance, and i don't plan on buying a wii in the foreseeable future, though red steel 2, mad world, and a few other games are definantly making me consider it, so i had no interest in watching the conference

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Hmm, so much to say. Left 4 dead 2 is way too soon, since they hardly fixed the shit from the first one. Red Steel 2 might get them in trouble if they start promising things they can't deliver again. I know the Wii is doing successful but I've heard almost nothing but negatives about it, yet Sony comes out with their own motion sensor now. Metroid going all devil may cry apparently? That will kill the idea of multiplayer, might speed the actual game up cuz adventure fps' tend to be slow, and may re-introduce the speed boost, but considering it's team ninja, I expect a lot of canon to be ruined and sexual-like content boosted, or at least make her look completely ridiculous to inhuman standards.

Caulder

Is completely fucking irrelevant. And he's a bitch
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I only watched Microsoft's conference. Liked every moment of it. 360 FTW. I gotta admit, though, ODST was the only part of it I hated. Anything Halo related is gutter-churl, to me, sorry.

Kusanagi

Chief Nippleseer
Reputation score

Well, I didn't really get to watch E3 since the only tivo in the house is CONSTANTLY RECORDING, but I got to see bits of it. I liked the rayman-bunny-things demo, might buy it when it goes down to $10. L4D 2 is a bit soon, but it should be better starting off than the first one was since they know where to look for issues now.

Ah, ODST... I've definitely been waiting for this. I like how all the enemies have a little glowing outline, though I guess they had to make them easier to spot to make up for the fact that you're not MC. My issues with it are the same issues I had with Halo 3, so there's not much to do about it.

I dunno if there was anything at E3 about it, but I'm looking forward to seeing what they do with the 'Fall of Reach' thing they're working on.

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

Metroid going all devil may cry apparently? That will kill the idea of multiplayer, might speed the actual game up cuz adventure fps' tend to be slow, and may re-introduce the speed boost, but considering it's team ninja, I expect a lot of canon to be ruined and sexual-like content boosted, or at least make her look completely ridiculous to inhuman standards.
Wait, What? Explain!

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

It's apparently third person, but first person in some spots. A prequel to fusion, as adam's in it. Metroid has always been one of if not my favorite series, Ridley being my favorite video game character. So I guess I'd be hard to please

Also, I love the black guy. You're gonna love the black guy too.

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

It's apparently third person, but first person in some spots. A prequel to fusion, as adam's in it. Metroid has always been one of if not my favorite series, Ridley being my favorite video game character. So I guess I'd be hard to please

Also, I love the black guy. You're gonna love the black guy too.
Looks like Ninja Gaiden in space. At least they might finally give Samus a showing that doesn't make her worthless in hand to hand besides Super Smash Brothers.

Treebeard

Lurker
Reputation score

Golden Sun DS? I cried from the sheer win+awesome+epic.

Lurker
Reputation score

Valve announced that they are working on Left 4 Dead 2, with numerous updates to include:

-A great many more weapons. Either I heard the number 20, or I'm making shit up.
-5 campaigns
-At least one new 'special' zombie, likely more
-Melee weapons
-A more advanced Director that can rearrange maps and even change the weather to hinder or aid your progress as necessary
-An actual storyline
-4 New characters
-1 new game mode

In response a great many people, failing to realize that the groups that make L4D and Half-Life are two separate entities operating for Valve ad have no effect on each other, have decided to boycott L4D2( A game announced to be at least 12 months away, which is much longer in valve time) until HL3 is released and they get some more updates to L4D1. Making this more difficult for Valve is their policy of letting teams choose their project, being the main reason L4D2 went into production so quickly.

Obeliskos

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Come on 360.. I don't want to buy a PS3...

Obeliskos

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Didn't they release all the other Persona games to Sony?
I've only played 3 and 4, and they were on the PS2.

I'm hoping it will just be released on both so we don't get BAAAAAAAAAAAW from either side except Wiitards, but who cares what they think?

(I actually have a Wii, I just love saying Wiitards)

Lucas

Lurker
Reputation score

Assassin's Creed 2.

Nuff' said.

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

And it dosn't have the crappy ending of the first.

However, Dante's Inferno is still piqueing my interest. HALO : ODST, and REACH are catching my eye. Milking the franchise, a little bit sure, but how come no one has complained when it came to Final Fantasy 13...

Also, Dragon Ages: Origins. I seriously almost had an orgasm watching the trailer where blood spurted from wounds and spattered across people's faces and armour. The spirtual succesor to the original Baldur's Gate, taking fantasy to a mature level finally. They've done it with books long ago, but with games its seemed to take awhile (very little big M rated fantasy games out there, save anything with the name Conan attached to it). So yeah, hugely excited that they are releasing it for 360 as well as PC. PS3 as well for those who have Sony's console.

Mass Effect 2. Looking awesome, enough from me on that one.

AvP. Remake, sequel? not sure but it still looks kick ass.

devild

Lurker
Reputation score

saw a fair few clips on the net and i like what im seeing

While knowing now that the Metal Gear Solid franchise will be available on xbox 360, im hoping its not exclusive and would be dissapointed if it was, though im happy for the 360 since i once owned all 3 consoles.

Whats really caught my interest is MAG Sony's MMOFPS for the ps3, which while being ONLY online, is also Free to play online, im scepticle because of the whole SCEE scenario, if its free with buying add on items in game like the way most games are going id be happy to accept that.

Halo ODST Im a halo fan, i like the story never read the books, but im interested on hearing more about this, especially the firefight mode, aka survivor where you just fighting wave after wave bearing resemblece to gears Hoarde mode.

Assasins Creed 2, bout time assasins started using guns, and to be honest the movie's graphics was immence, i never completed the first one sadly, i was the kinf of perfectionist who went around getting all the objectives and achievments first.

Id like to see more of mass effect 2, but i never really saw mass effect 1, only heard of it.

L4D 2 Im quite sceptical about, L4D is still very new very fresh and each update brings new vigor and life along with a bucket load of problems for the servers running the games, i think it should be postponed for a while, so that those who still play l4d lots, can burn their interest oput then maximise sales by releasing the game later while its been hugely refined over and over due to the delay of release.

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

While knowing now that the Metal Gear Solid franchise will be available on xbox 360, im hoping its not exclusive and would be dissapointed if it was, though im happy for the 360 since i once owned all 3 consoles.

Whats really caught my interest is MAG Sony's MMOFPS for the ps3, which while being ONLY online, is also Free to play online, im scepticle because of the whole SCEE scenario, if its free with buying add on items in game like the way most games are going id be happy to accept that.

Halo ODST Im a halo fan, i like the story never read the books, but im interested on hearing more about this, especially the firefight mode, aka survivor where you just fighting wave after wave bearing resemblece to gears Hoarde mode.
Well, I was never that interested in the Metal Gear Solid series, but I'm sure there will be plenty of folks happy with that transition. Though it seems weird, like when CAPCOM brought Resident Evil from Sony to the Nintendo. That boogled my mind.

MAG, well I'd try not to pay attention because I've only got the 360, but hearing that its online only takes it all away for me. I like my single player gameplay, and to take that away makes it that much less a game for me.

Finally, yes, Halo ODST. I don't think it has anything to do with the storyline's in the books... but Halo Reach could be very similar to the book "Fall of Reach".

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

To jump on the "What I Like" bandwagon, I was surprised at how good Mass Effect 2 looked. They didn't add much, but the rocket launcher thing will make my life easier, no more having to pistol enemies when there are too many for me to stand there and snipe. Also, I think they're bringing back Tali (the character in the almost eastern-looking headdress that covered her entire head) from the first game, since I saw a flash of a female Quarian standing next to Shepherd in the preview, but sadly no Wrex.

ODST looks like fun, since I get my pistol back, though I wonder if the new weapons are going to be added in multyplayer. Also, so long as the firefight mode lets me choose between covenant and flood, I'll be happy with it. I'm going to buy it anyway, since I still need the Mythic map pack.

Left 4 Dead 2 looks great, since they're adding more weapons, including melee weapons (which I would never consider not having in a zombie apocalypse.) The lack of variety in the first game was irritating, since the upgraded ones weren't really any different from the weaker ones except the largely useless sniper rifle.

AvP = win. I get to maul people to death as an alien once more, so I'm happy.