Reputation score
Re: E3 discussion zone!

wherz duke nukim guis?

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Duke has floated away into never never land once more.

Lurker
Reputation score

I have not been able to take Dante's Inferno seriously as a game. If I ever play it, and I may, I am going to have to call it something else. I will likely go so far as to cover the tile on the box with masking tape and write my own in( To hell and back?). I have read the book, and do not feel this is right. They could have called it any thing they pleased and simply mentioned that they were inspired by elements of the book, but using the same name seems a bit much to me. It fills me with a subtle unhappiness, and there's no particular reason for it.

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I have not been able to take Dante's Inferno seriously as a game. If I ever play it, and I may, I am going to have to call it something else. I will likely go so far as to cover the tile on the box with masking tape and write my own in( To hell and back?). I have read the book, and do not feel this is right. They could have called it any thing they pleased and simply mentioned that they were inspired by elements of the book, but using the same name seems a bit much to me. It fills me with a subtle unhappiness, and there's no particular reason for it.
You're angry because they're taking an interesting story with numerous psychological and emotional components, and turning it into a derivative generic action game. Who thought this was a good idea, I don't know. But I'd sure like to stab them.

Lucas

Lurker
Reputation score

FYI, a new Zelda has been announced.

Master_Bei_Shun

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Then they better do the same as Twilight Princess... and release it on GameCube AND wii

I aint buying a fuckin wii

and only reason I even bought GC was for Resident Evil: Zero and Twilight Princess!

Windwaker... Why...

Capcoms gotta re-release Umbrella Chronicles on a good console so I can play it dammit DX

Nintendos done nothing but piss me off scince Xbox came into creation!

Things were so much simpler with my PS and N64 while laughing at the failing "superior" Dreamcast...

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

You're angry because they're taking an interesting story with numerous psychological and emotional components, and turning it into a derivative generic action game. Who thought this was a good idea, I don't know. But I'd sure like to stab them.
I think the story could turn out well, despite what the teaser trailers look like. It is not impossible for games to have psychological and emotional components, and perhaps this game will have those even while having a good action portion. Its not impossible and I hope they can do it.

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I think the story could turn out well, despite what the teaser trailers look like. It is not impossible for games to have psychological and emotional components, and perhaps this game will have those even while having a good action portion. Its not impossible and I hope they can do it.
True, but I don't think it's likely in this case.

Momiji

Lurker
Reputation score

Didn't they release all the other Persona games to Sony?
Let's hope it comes out on PS3 so I can rub it in Obe's face.

(kidding, of course. I'd probably try to record it and put the gameplay videos on youtube for those unfortunate 360er's out there.)

Obeliskos

Tentacle God
Reputation score

They need to multiconsole that shit or they'll be pissing off a large demographic, whether it hits PS3 or 360.

lurker

Hentai Master
Reputation score

I read an article on it, and personally, it sounds like a nice game with a balence of story and action. Sure, the ability to control a deamon via spinal tapping them with a scythe may not have been mentioned... >,>;

Lurker
Reputation score

Names hold a strange power over me. Dr. Doom is my favorite villain because that is his actual name and title and not a pseudonym he took up to inspire fear in his foes. I think that's the one reason I'm being brought down. Look at all of the zombie games that exist. None of them are called Night of the Living Dead. Look at all the alien games, and how many are titled War of the Worlds. How many vampire games are there that mention Dracula? To my knowledge it has never been the case that you name the game directly off of the inspiring media unless it's entirely derivative. In fact, I daresay the only reason this flies with Inferno is because no one owned the IP. The differences between an action game and the original story are immense. The story is a guided tour through hell where Dante was passive, an observer. It will not be a tour, but a battle descending through the levels of hell. And while this does sound bad ass, I wish they'd call it something else.

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Word.

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Names hold a strange power over me. Dr. Doom is my favorite villain because that is his actual name and title and not a pseudonym he took up to inspire fear in his foes. I think that's the one reason I'm being brought down. Look at all of the zombie games that exist. None of them are called Night of the Living Dead. Look at all the alien games, and how many are titled War of the Worlds. How many vampire games are there that mention Dracula? To my knowledge it has never been the case that you name the game directly off of the inspiring media unless it's entirely derivative. In fact, I daresay the only reason this flies with Inferno is because no one owned the IP. The differences between an action game and the original story are immense. The story is a guided tour through hell where Dante was passive, an observer. It will not be a tour, but a battle descending through the levels of hell. And while this does sound bad ass, I wish they'd call it something else.
There have been many games with Dracula. I'm not talking Castlevania either, I mean actual games centered around the book and characters developed by Bram Stoker.
However, it's a common misconception that the poem was actually called Dante's Inferno, its actually called the Divine Comedy and the Inferno bit is only a part of it. So yes while Dante himself has been changed around, and the storyline tweaked slightly, it is still pretty much pulling everything out of that section of the Divine Comedy and I think the title fitting.
Besides, a game where you were a passive observer wouldn't be as fun.

lurker

Hentai Master
Reputation score

There have been many games with Dracula. I'm not talking Castlevania either, I mean actual games centered around the book and characters developed by Bram Stoker.
However, it's a common misconception that the poem was actually called Dante's Inferno, its actually called the Divine Comedy and the Inferno bit is only a part of it. So yes while Dante himself has been changed around, and the storyline tweaked slightly, it is still pretty much pulling everything out of that section of the Divine Comedy and I think the title fitting.
Besides, a game where you were a passive observer wouldn't be as fun.
QFT, I eagerly await, though my luck it will be a system I don't have.

Lucas

Lurker
Reputation score

If it were to be a fairly accurate game in accordance with the actual writings of the Divine Comedy, it would be more like Myst or something.

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

QFT, I eagerly await, though my luck it will be a system I don't have.
360 and PS3 it's coming out for.

And Lucas, the Myst thing is what I was getting at. I didn't enjoy those games very much, so that would have translated over to even this hell based one. I still think Dante's Inferno has a shot at being good.