What's new

RPG Patreon Ci-En Active [Elzee] Tunnel Escape

MrMe

Lurker
Reputation score
I mean you can't blame the ppl that use the forum I remember when this forum uses to do the same before the rules, not the ppl that go overboard yes but let's not try grouping everyone.
I too remember when this forum used to have an active userbase.

chucknoris35

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
There's still plenty of link sharing happening on ULMF, it just doesn't happen in comments. The funny thing is that pretty much all of us would be considered degenerates by society's standards, so the irony of throwing that label around amongst ourselves is pretty rich.

Seriously, whether we pay for watching a sprite get raped by a dog or pirate it, we're still degenerates .

OP
J300mer

J300mer

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Biased moralfag here but having a quiet forum with fewer folks able to harass our chances of talking with devs seems like it could whatever highground it is,
Rather than shooting down devs who make the products we're here for.

I mean I get there's degeneracy but what's the point in harming the creators of the things we specifically signed up for?

Mikufanboy

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score
I mean, F95's sole reason for being shit is it's moderation staff being hypocrites and losers. Besides that though it's a very useful site. They had a massive boast in popularity thanks to their reach on 4chan and great website UI layout. It's the go to site for western H game sharing for the most part, alongside all the helpful/not so helpful talk you would have seen from a place like Hongfire back in the day. Arguably it's what ULMF shoulda been but never took off for the most part, though to be fair back when ULMF started there were more useful alternatives for H games due to ulmf's lack of link sharing and no loli/requesting rules, sites like Hongfire and Nihongo. No one can truly understand on what a site is or isn't besides the creators or whatever of F95 and ULMF anyway.

This dev is pretty silly if he thinks shutting down piracy of his H game on a single forum is going to combat the loss of sales from CI-EN uploads, I know two other sites that are still uploading his stuff to this day. Spoilers: Korean and Chinese forums. On top of essentially threatening mtool users, he would have effectively lost way more revenue if he did that, then if he ever would have gained from western supporters solely thanks to mtool's translation feature. This dev is still too young it seems to not know you don't fuck with pirates, you just compromise with them. Anything you do besides that will inevitably impact non pirates and consequently, public awareness, sales, and wouldn't even stop the pirates that can crack open any DRM atm. If the professional H game companies can't stop pirates, what hope have you?

Last edited:

alias34

Cthulhu
Reputation score
Imo ULMF and F95 serve different functions. You can have halfway civil discussions here while f95 has the goods, and all the annoying beggars that come with it and make civil discussion impossible.
Though that's not to say we don't have problems. I still think it's way too much work to make a thread for something nowadays, especially since there's not as much incentive anymore with link sharing being such a minefield.

I also think that picking fights with devs isn't a good thing, but I feel like it would be hypocritical to stop the link sharing just because a dev asked people to stop. It's like saying that the devs who don't make an account deserve to have their stuff pirated. Online piracy is just a force of nature that we shouldn't be in denial about.

GranTurboAutismo

Reputation score
I think it's partially to do with the dev's response/behavior to the posts here as well. I am fine with supporting the games of devs I have never seen interacting with their community, but once they do, you realize the type of person they are and it kills whatever magic/delusions you had about them and makes me stop (Mofu, かぐら堂, and BlueHat). There are some devs here who are chill about it / dont care / know pirates are gonna pirate and it's inevitable, but if someone is lashing out all unhinged it's more fun to prod em.

hhh7773

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
I think it's partially to do with the dev's response/behavior to the posts here as well. I am fine with supporting the games of devs I have never seen interacting with their community, but once they do, you realize the type of person they are and it kills whatever magic/delusions you had about them and makes me stop (Mofu, かぐら堂, and BlueHat). There are some devs here who are chill about it / dont care / know pirates are gonna pirate and it's inevitable, but if someone is lashing out all unhinged it's more fun to prod em.
Honestly, in a lot of cases the devs are just better off not responding or engaging people considering that it's just gonna cause more grief, and more people to do the exact thing they don't want them to do simply for no other reason then that they can. Trust me, I'm not gonna begrudge F95 for simply existing and doing what it does considering it DOES serve as a pretty great resource for all things H-games related, lots of older games at that which would be difficult to find otherwise are pretty easily accessible, but it does also have the unfortunate side effect of drawing in those who feel more entitled to getting everything handed to them on a silver platter for free. Not much else to be expected from a forum dedicated to pirating, and hell this forum once upon a time was in a somewhat similar position, though I definitely prefer what it is now for finding useful information or discussion on ongoing projects, and F95 basically just for a quick download without going through too much hassle.

All in all, the site is still great really, and its sad that devs end up having to deal with some of the shitheads you'll find on a place like that, but if any future or current dev happens to see this for any reason, seriously, you're better off not approaching or communicating with, let alone trying to appeal to the empathy or emotions of someone that's actively visiting forums dedicated to pirating. Take down the links all you want, but realistically its just gonna make things worse and egg people on when you tell them what assholes they are. Most already know they are, and those that don't are just gonna get all the more pissed for it, but both will keep on setting up links just out of spite after a certain point frankly.

OP
J300mer

J300mer

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Refresh my knowledge here-- why are some devs against Mtool again?
I'm not too familiar with how it interacts with piracy, if at all.

SoulLess Child

Reputation score
They probably have more issues with cheating (one of MTool function), and some devs don't like foreigners in the first place.

Captainstarfish

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Could potentially be related to the monetisation as well, having someone else profit off of 'their' work. Lot of devs also aren't fans of cracking/datamining their stuff, like a few times when guys on here dug into game files and found spoilers/hidden assets for upcoming content.

MrMe

Lurker
Reputation score
I mean, F95's sole reason for being shit is it's moderation staff being hypocrites and losers. Besides that though it's a very useful site. They had a massive boast in popularity thanks to their reach on 4chan and great website UI layout. It's the go to site for western H game sharing for the most part, alongside all the helpful/not so helpful talk you would have seen from a place like Hongfire back in the day. Arguably it's what ULMF shoulda been but never took off for the most part, though to be fair back when ULMF started there were more useful alternatives for H games due to ulmf's lack of link sharing and no loli/requesting rules, sites like Hongfire and Nihongo. No one can truly understand on what a site is or isn't besides the creators or whatever of F95 and ULMF anyway.
Arguably it's what ULMF shoulda been but never took off for the most part, though to be fair back when ULMF started there were more useful alternatives for H games due to ulmf's lack of link sharing and no loli/requesting rules, sites like Hongfire and Nihongo.
God was it really as far back as 2012 when the rules were changed? Then I again, I suppose it has been five years since the server update broke the old forum... doesn't feel that long ago.
Anyway, it was never against the rules to post links (Hongfire was the one that banned links to dlsite games, because they were running ads for dlsite), only begging was banned, and it was pretty much a given that if a thread for a game was posted a link would also be shared, as hhh7773 will attest.
Not much else to be expected from a forum dedicated to pirating, and hell this forum once upon a time was in a somewhat similar position
I still vaguely remember this being a sharing community even way back when we were squatting on the comments of the last post of an abandoned blog, praying for the second coming of LM.
A big difference I guess back then was that a lot of stuff (western anyway) were just hobby projects and so were free, or done for commission like Toonpimp.
And Japanese devs were far more isolated, but they too produced a lot of freebies.

I do remember a time though when you'd search for a hentai game and the top result on google would be to a ulmf thread, so ulmf did take off and was the top dog for quite a while.
Which is what led to its downfall, it became a victim of its own success, because instead of a link going down (or an update being released) and a single person requesting a reup you'd suddenly get half a dozen single digit post having twat waffle lurkers all spamming a thread instead of just being patient. But instead of dealing with that specific problem of those specific types of poster instead the imo draconian rule of outright banning any requests for links was made, which caused the aforementioned confusion that links in general were banned.

Another issue was that ULMF's peak popularity was right when crowdfunding became the latest trend (thanks Chris Roberts, you absolute cunt) and suddenly every talentless hack with a dream (and not even a tech demo or sometimes not even screenshots) came flooding in with their low effort OPs to shill for subscribers and try and get rich quick, and unfortunately the mod team were just too slow to react to enforce a standards rule.
Granted this is an issue that has continued on to F95 too, with a bulk of threads being badly made 0.01s; but at least on there threads have be requested and can't just be posted and dumped by some randomer.

Mikufanboy

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score
God was it really as far back as 2012 when the rules were changed? Then I again, I suppose it has been five years since the server update broke the old forum... doesn't feel that long ago.
Anyway, it was never against the rules to post links (Hongfire was the one that banned links to dlsite games, because they were running ads for dlsite), only begging was banned, and it was pretty much a given that if a thread for a game was posted a link would also be shared, as hhh7773 will attest.

I still vaguely remember this being a sharing community even way back when we were squatting on the comments of the last post of an abandoned blog, praying for the second coming of LM.
A big difference I guess back then was that a lot of stuff (western anyway) were just hobby projects and so were free, or done for commission like Toonpimp.
And Japanese devs were far more isolated, but they too produced a lot of freebies.

I do remember a time though when you'd search for a hentai game and the top result on google would be to a ulmf thread, so ulmf did take off and was the top dog for quite a while.
Which is what led to its downfall, it became a victim of its own success, because instead of a link going down (or an update being released) and a single person requesting a reup you'd suddenly get half a dozen single digit post having twat waffle lurkers all spamming a thread instead of just being patient. But instead of dealing with that specific problem of those specific types of poster instead the imo draconian rule of outright banning any requests for links was made, which caused the aforementioned confusion that links in general were banned.

Another issue was that ULMF's peak popularity was right when crowdfunding became the latest trend (thanks Chris Roberts, you absolute cunt) and suddenly every talentless hack with a dream (and not even a tech demo or sometimes not even screenshots) came flooding in with their low effort OPs to shill for subscribers and try and get rich quick, and unfortunately the mod team were just too slow to react to enforce a standards rule.
Granted this is an issue that has continued on to F95 too, with a bulk of threads being badly made 0.01s; but at least on there threads have be requested and can't just be posted and dumped by some randomer.
I said lack of sharing not prohibition of sharing. Most people here don't always share links, especially to updated versions of H games, that was more common on the other sites hence why more people flocked to them.

DarkFire1004

Tentacle Goddess of the H-Section
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score
While the topic of developers and piracy are fine in this thread, if you wish to talk about ULMF, its history and rules, or compare it to F95, please make a thread in Forum Development.

OP
J300mer

J300mer

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Bestiality is pretty odd in hentai games-- always a horse, or dog. I noticed Western titles getting sus and adding dolphins/pigs to the mix.
Waiting to see what unfathomable sins the JAV communities can create in the future.

Mr.Noname

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score
Bestiality is pretty odd in hentai games-- always a horse, or dog. I noticed Western titles getting sus and adding dolphins/pigs to the mix.
Waiting to see what unfathomable sins the JAV communities can create in the future.
Kinda funny how in the last poll MONKEY was added

but by the looks of the results, it got last place

PaNiq

Demon Girl
Reputation score
I've been a lurker on F95 for a lot of time but I'm assuming most people here didn't actually read what the supposed Elzee said on that website... He/she went on and on talking shit about their own fans and saying how degenerate they are, pathetic rats that fap to a fake girl, things like that.

I'm all against fighting with game devs especially if a game is good, I tend to respect their will if they purposefully come to a pirating website kindly asking to stop sharing, but this guy/girl went way overboard and imho it's their own fault at the end of the day. The comments are no longer there so I'm assuming either Elzee thought about it or it was just some random troll. Seeing how the "don't share" comment is still there though I'd say there's a fair chance it's the real deal though, which saddens me a lot (by the comments Elzee seems to be not older than 20).