What's new

[English MonsterGirl VN] Quest Failed By FrostWorks- Demo Available

Status
Not open for further replies.

BluFalcon

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
Re: [English MonsterGirl VN] Quest Failed By FrostWorks- Demo Available

Will you give us a chance to name the MC in the full release?

I know someone named Matt so this makes me feel awkward. However, I don't know anyone named Luka/Ruka/Hero w/e and given all the other games that seem to give their characters some variation of those names, I have become used to it and would like to just write that in. I don't think it'd be an issue as from what I've played, the characters/voice actors never said Matt, unless I missed it.

Also at the end where they asked which was my favorite, I thought Jilly to myself, but chose Neither just to see what would happen. Just thought I'd say it in case you were collecting data or something.

AGamerPassingBy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I know someone named Matt so this makes me feel awkward. However, I don't know anyone named Luka/Ruka/Hero w/e and given all the other games that seem to give their characters some variation of those names, I have become used to it and would like to just write that in. I don't think it'd be an issue as from what I've played, the characters/voice actors never said Matt, unless I missed it.

Also at the end where they asked which was my favorite, I thought Jilly to myself, but chose Neither just to see what would happen. Just thought I'd say it in case you were collecting data or something.
I think that kinda impossible, because the voice acting did actually call the MC names and nicknames.
If MC's name can be changed, then either it would toll heavily on the voice acting, or the voice acting doesn't ever refers MC with his name or refers him with a more formal call like "Hero" or "Little Human".

Saphire1118

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

Just to make sure, this is in no way related to Monmusu Quest! Origins -Assaulted by the Vamp- right? Completely different developer and all?

FrostWorks

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Unfortunately, there are some voice clips where they directly say his name within the partial voice acting, and in later h-scenes since they've become more familiar with him and it isn't their first meeting, they use his name a lot more. And a lot of the later scenes have already been voiced, meaning it would be difficult to go back and change things.

I could certainly see about implementing a custom name system regardless of that, but it might impact the writing in places, since for example, different monster girls say his name in a variety of ways. Like a more formal one would always call him 'Matthew', the playful ones 'Matty', and the ones in between just plainly 'Matt'.

And noted~ There definitely seems to be an even split between Jilly and Tari at the moment, since some people really hate Jilly's more jealous and possessive side haha.

Just to make sure, this is in no way related to Monmusu Quest! Origins -Assaulted by the Vamp- right? Completely different developer and all?
Yup, no relation! Though I guess the influences from the MGQ series are quite obvious, haha.

AGamerPassingBy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

And noted~ There definitely seems to be an even split between Jilly and Tari at the moment, since some people really hate Jilly's more jealous and possessive side haha.
I guess those guys just can't handle too much "jelly" in one monster!

:cool:

Graer

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Gotta say i enjoyed it, the voice acting is actually good for once but i almost wish Matt had a voice other then that the demos great

Zodiark69

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Gotta say i enjoyed it, the voice acting is actually good for once but i almost wish Matt had a voice other then that the demos great
Aye, a voice for a male MC? What blasphemy are you on about sorcerer!?

Although, it would be cool.

FrostWorks

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I guess those guys just can't handle too much "jelly" in one monster!

:cool:
Haha, gosh, believe it or not, you wouldn't be the first person to make that pun! I can't tell if it's genius or just plain awful yet. Still deciding!

Thank yas~ I'm glad to see people like the voices for the most part, since they were an expensive gamble, but ultimately I really think they add a lot to the h-scenes.

Honestly, I personally would love to have Matt's lines voiced and it'd be great to hear his reactions during the h-scenes, haha, but I know the vast majority of people reading it would probably rather he be silent to help with immersion and the like, so I'm not sure if putting forward the funds to get him voiced would be worth it.

Plus, I'm sure it'd be really difficult to find the ideal kind of voice I might have in mind for him. : P

Zodiark69

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Use your own voice for him, and then give the option to have his voice on or off for the player, ya know. :p

AGamerPassingBy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Haha, gosh, believe it or not, you wouldn't be the first person to make that pun! I can't tell if it's genius or just plain awful yet. Still deciding!
Well i kinda understand those people's pain.
A jelly-like slime for a species, a pun of jelly for a name, and a jelly-clingy type for a personality. Could someone ever be even more "jelly" than this!? :D
All she needs then is that for her favourite sweets to turns out to be Pudding or the likes! ;)
Thank yas~ I'm glad to see people like the voices for the most part, since they were an expensive gamble, but ultimately I really think they add a lot to the h-scenes.

Honestly, I personally would love to have Matt's lines voiced and it'd be great to hear his reactions during the h-scenes, haha, but I know the vast majority of people reading it would probably rather he be silent to help with immersion and the like, so I'm not sure if putting forward the funds to get him voiced would be worth it.

Plus, I'm sure it'd be really difficult to find the ideal kind of voice I might have in mind for him. : P
Well, if you do get enough resources, and do give Matthew a voice, i guess the best course of action is to give the player the option to turn on or off his voice.

Last edited:

FrostWorks

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Use your own voice for him, and then give the option to have his voice on or off for the player, ya know. :p
Haha, gosh, now there's an idea! I think I'd have to charge extra for gracing a game with my amazing voice though. The super special edition!

Well i kinda understand those people's pain.
A jelly-like slime for a species, a pun of jelly for a name, and a jelly-clingy type for a personality. Could someone ever be even more "jelly" than this!? :D
All she needs then is that for her favourite sweets to turns out to be Pudding or the likes! ;)
That'd be fun. Haha, she could even mistake the plate of pudding/jello for one of her own kind and get upset that it won't talk to her, thinking it's being rude.

Well, if you do get enough resources, and do give Matthew a voice, i guess the best course of action is to give the player the option to turn on or off his voice.
Yeah I would definitely plan on having it be a separate toggle outside of the other girls. I think it's easy enough to implement those things some VNs have where you can be selective about who is voiced.

Still, giving him a real voice would have to be something I think long and hard about, considering he would end up having the most lines in the game, being featured in every h-scene and all, so that'd get pretty costly pretty quickly!

AGamerPassingBy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

That'd be fun. Haha, she could even mistake the plate of pudding/jello for one of her own kind and get upset that it won't talk to her, thinking it's being rude.
It could be worse.
"Matty! So you chose to eat those rude silent slimes when you already have a cute talkative slime ready for you to "eat" at anytime?!"
;)

Still, giving him a real voice would have to be something I think long and hard about, considering he would end up having the most lines in the game, being featured in every h-scene and all, so that'd get pretty costly pretty quickly!
Maybe you can start by giving him voices only when he did talk out loud, not when he just thinking or narrating to himself?
I'm sure that could significantly reduce the amount of work.

Last edited:

Saphire1118

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

What's this blasphemy?!!! Did I just hear English voices? Can't be O.O

I'm looking forward to seeing more. Enjoyed it.

FrostWorks

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

It could be worse.
"Matty! So you chose to eat those rude silent slimes when you already have a cute talkative slime ready for you to "eat" at anytime?!"
;)
Haha, her taste could even be super intoxicating and addicting to the point where he wouldn't even be able to stop himself from, ahem, 'eating' her!

Maybe you can start by giving him voices only when he did talk out loud, not when he just thinking or narrating to himself?
I'm sure that could significantly reduce the amount of work.
Oh gosh, I certainly hadn't planned to voice each and every line of narration. With how much he rambles on sometimes the game's filesize would skyrocket into tens of hundreds of gigabyes!

To voice each h-scene would still be a pretty taxing ordeal, both on my wallet and on the poor VA haha.

Still, it's not out of the question. And if I make enough back from sales of the first chapter, there's no telling what could happen! I do eventually have plans to fully voice even the standard dialogue for each of the monster girls though, along with including a far larger variety of CG scenes per chapter.

Additionally I'll be doing some stuff in the background with persistent variables between games, meaning choices made in the first chapter will carry over and culminate in different ways for each subsequent chapter. (Maybe even some bonus content for people that bought the previous chapter, if enough people view that as being a fair idea)

What's this blasphemy?!!! Did I just hear English voices? Can't be O.O

I'm looking forward to seeing more. Enjoyed it.
I guess from the amount of reactions I'm seeing here on the VA, that English voice acting in h-games is a bit of a rarity? I wasn't sure how well it would be received and was taking a bit of a gamble, but I'm glad to see things worked out~

Thank you for taking the time to go through and hopefully you'll enjoy what's to come in the following months!

Briger

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

I guess from the amount of reactions I'm seeing here on the VA, that English voice acting in h-games is a bit of a rarity? I wasn't sure how well it would be received and was taking a bit of a gamble, but I'm glad to see things worked out~
we sadly don't japan's market for erotic audio yet. As far as h-games go I can count the ones I know of with EnglishVA on one hand

Saphire1118

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

Thank you for taking the time to go through and hopefully you'll enjoy what's to come in the following months!
The selling point is going to be how well the voice acting will be along with the story then art, etc.

In the USA, we have hardly any western created animated +18 content and all the Japanese hentai English dubs are sooooo awful that most avoid them. I cringe every time I listen to it so I just watch the Japanese voice over.

But this, this is some good voice acting. It felt natural and fun to listen to. Very rare to see.

FrostWorks

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Ahh, I see.

I'm glad things worked out for the best then. I'm personally very picky about English voice acting myself, so I tried to make sure I could get the absolute best I could, and if the end results didn't sound good enough, I wasn't going to go ahead with it.

Here's hoping the other monster girls sound appealing to everyone, too~ (Unannounced monster girl spoilers to follow):
(I especially love the way the VA has handled the lamia's voice. Very...snakey!)

Last edited:

Zodiark69

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Just played it and finished, and bah gawd, that's some hilarious stuff. Oh Matthew, you gon have a good time in store ahead of you. xD

I loved the ending after the game though, that made me laugh a good bit. I'll be looking forward to more man.

AGamerPassingBy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Here's hoping the other monster girls sound appealing to everyone, too~ (I especially love the way the VA has handled the lamia's voice. Very...snakey!)
Oh no you don't, no, NO!
Why must you spoil me the surprise?!?! :(

Just kidding :p i pray for your success and looking forward for updates!

FrostWorks

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Just played it and finished, and bah gawd, that's some hilarious stuff. Oh Matthew, you gon have a good time in store ahead of you. xD

I loved the ending after the game though, that made me laugh a good bit. I'll be looking forward to more man.
Thank you! Glad you enjoyed it~ And yes, haha, little ol' Matt has a very, very fun time ahead of him. (Not to mention painful with how eager some of them can get)

Oh no you don't, no, NO!
Why must you spoil me the surprise?!?! :(

Just kidding :p i pray for your success and looking forward for updates!
Oops, maybe I did get a little too eager with things. My bad. I blame you guys for getting me so excited about sharing things! : P I'll spoiler it just in case.

Status
Not open for further replies.