What's new

[English MonsterGirl VN] Quest Failed By FrostWorks- Demo Available

Status
Not open for further replies.

AGamerPassingBy

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: [English MonsterGirl VN] Quest Failed By FrostWorks- Demo Available

I'm a little slow to update on things, since it's been a stressful few days, but Chapter One of Quest Failed is now released!

I don't have enough posts yet to be able to link to things, but a quick glance at Nutaku should provide the results you're looking for! Additional channels of distribution are to follow in the weeks, so stay tuned.

Thanks again for everything, guys, I really hope you enjoy it!
Just one more post man, and you should be able to! :p

Oh, and i think it's actually fine that when you finally given privilege to post links and images, you make a new thread, FrostWork. Just make sure to use keywords in the thread title like "Chapter 1 Released" or similar.

That way, you'll be the OP of that thread, and can have the very first post all for yourself for crucial information about the game and advertisement space! :D

OP
LewdLogic

LewdLogic

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Oh, and i think it's actually fine that when you finally given privilege to post links and images, you make a new thread, FrostWork. Just make sure to use keywords in the thread title like "Chapter 1 Released" or similar.

That way, you'll be the OP of that thread, and can have the very first post all for yourself for crucial information about the game and advertisement space! :D
I wish i wasnt such a busy guy. But I agree after awhile this is the best way to handle shit. I make sure to let new devs know that I made a thread if thier new to this place. Overtime though making your own thread for futher projects will always be best.

Im just the messenger 8p

Basically once a demo proves to get out of demo stage making a new thread is a great idea.

Also congrats liam for finishing your project. We need more devs consistent with thier promises. Your only making this industry better by doing so which is my ultimate goal in the long run.

Last edited:

madman32

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Just popping in to say that this is a really good game, well worth the price, and everyone should buy it.

(Unless you're the sick, disgusting type who isn't into monstergirls or reverse rape.)

RadeonX1950

Sex Demon
Reputation score

I'm completed the first chapter, not bad :) Just wish for a more branched path in the future release, if possible.
Also, after choosing all available options I still have one locked scene in the gallery on the page 2/2. And there're two locked options in the extras menu. Are these a placeholder?

FrostWorks

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Ahh, you're right, haha. 15 posts now, whoo! And yeah, I'll make something nice and pretty in the next day or so. A nice eye-catching banner or something along with all the relevant information.

I wish i wasnt such a busy guy. But I agree after awhile this is the best way to handle shit. I make sure to let new devs know that I made a thread if thier new to this place. Overtime though making your own thread for futher projects will always be best.

Im just the messenger 8p

Basically once a demo proves to get out of demo stage making a new thread is a great idea.

Also congrats liam for finishing your project. We need more devs consistent with thier promises. Your only making this industry better by doing so which is my ultimate goal in the long run.
Thank you~ And, I just wanted to also thank you for all the help you've given me in getting onto my feet in this business. I was pretty clueless beyond just having an itch.io demo up and hoping people would notice it, haha. But you had a lot of insight on things, and really helped me to get the word out there and I appreciate it all. You're awesome, man~

I'll try to make you proud by keeping development up and releasing the remaining chapters in a timely manner!

Just popping in to say that this is a really good game, well worth the price, and everyone should buy it.

(Unless you're the sick, disgusting type who isn't into monstergirls or reverse rape.)
Thank you very much~ I'm glad you enjoyed it! And I know, right? ; P

I'm completed the first chapter, not bad :) Just wish for a more branched path in the future release, if possible.
Also, after choosing all available options I still have one locked scene in the gallery on the page 2/2. And there're two locked options in the extras menu. Are these a placeholder?
Thanks~

And yeah, future chapters will be far more expansive. When I originally outlined this first chapter it was with a fairly modest budget in mind, so I couldn't get too crazy with the possibilities. But if all goes well with this release, chapter two should be nice and complex with far more outcomes!

For the locked scene, you have to make some very specific choices.

It's a bonus CG for Nefertari. Essentially, you have to favour her, and only her from the choices presented to you. So this means snubbing Jilly when she gives you her name, stopping her from raising the sword up against Tari, and then finally rejected her when she declares her love for you. And then, enjoy~

In regards the question marks in the extra menus, those ones are placeholder for an update soon to come. There was a Journal feature which expands on characters and lore that I wanted to include on release, but it was proving to take a lot of time to dedicate resources to, so I decided rather than delay the game, when a lot of people just want the h-scenes, I would lock it away until it's nice and ready as a nice bonus for everyone after.

I'll also be adding in another h-scene in this same update, too, which is a duo scene and it's really something else~

madman32

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

So this means snubbing Jilly when she gives you her name, stopping her from raising the sword up against Tari, and then finally rejected her when she declares her love for you.
But who would be the REAL monster then...?

(Also, c'moooon, Lamia pet route...it's what the people want! One assumes.)

FrostWorks

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

But who would be the REAL monster then...?

(Also, c'moooon, Lamia pet route...it's what the people want! One assumes.)
That was pretty much the response I got whenever I told someone they had to do that to get the last CG, haha. Like, they just didn't have it in them to be that mean. Someone referred to her as a 'gelatinous kitten' which I found adorable.

Sadly for this first chapter all the CGs I made I basically had to keep in mind the continuation of the story, so he somehow lucks out of their clutches every time. ; P

I wouldn't be opposed to having bad/alternative ends in some cases in later chapters, with unique CGs though. And he will have to revisit the lamia at some point. Sooooo, you never know! ; P He would look quite nice with a collar and chain I think after all.

RadeonX1950

Sex Demon
Reputation score

For the locked scene, you have to make some very specific choices.
Huh, and I thought I had chosen all combinations, but I forgot this particular one somehow... I guess I just like Jilly's character more :p

FrostWorks

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Huh, and I thought I had chosen all combinations, but I forgot this particular one somehow... I guess I just like Jilly's character more :p
It's been pretty interesting to see the divide between people who adore Jilly and people who adore Tari. For a while I thought Tari was the undisputed favourite but now so many people are telling me they don't have the heart to turn down Jilly, haha~

Briger

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

It's been pretty interesting to see the divide between people who adore Jilly and people who adore Tari. For a while I thought Tari was the undisputed favourite but now so many people are telling me they don't have the heart to turn down Jilly, haha~
It probably has to do with the fact your her first and only friend. Things like that make it far harder to be cruel to someone. For players who can get into the mindset of the mc it becomes even harder. it's like kicking a wounded puppy.

AGamerPassingBy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

It probably has to do with the fact your her first and only friend. Things like that make it far harder to be cruel to someone. For players who can get into the mindset of the mc it becomes even harder. it's like kicking a wounded puppy.
Ah, i knew what you meant. Just like how i always treasures starter units in games, like in Pokemon for example :).

Kinohki

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

So I've a question. Any plans to release on a website outside of Nutaku, and if so, any ETA on those?

I was looking on it, and honestly plan on buying the game. I tried the demo and really liked it. I however, am not too keen on Nutaku's platform as it seems I have to purchase gold to buy it. At least, I didn't see a direct charge of $12 and having to spend at least $15 or $20 to buy a $12 doesn't really sit right with me. I'd prefer just the minimum charge if that's a thing.

So this may be incredibly stupid of me to ask, but bear in mind I don't use Nutaku at all. I literally just registered today. Is there any way to purchase it for just the base $12 instead of having to buy the 2000 gold? Thanks, can't wait to play past the Demo end.

FrostWorks

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

So I've a question. Any plans to release on a website outside of Nutaku, and if so, any ETA on those?

I was looking on it, and honestly plan on buying the game. I tried the demo and really liked it. I however, am not too keen on Nutaku's platform as it seems I have to purchase gold to buy it. At least, I didn't see a direct charge of $12 and having to spend at least $15 or $20 to buy a $12 doesn't really sit right with me. I'd prefer just the minimum charge if that's a thing.

So this may be incredibly stupid of me to ask, but bear in mind I don't use Nutaku at all. I literally just registered today. Is there any way to purchase it for just the base $12 instead of having to buy the 2000 gold? Thanks, can't wait to play past the Demo end.
Hiya!

I plan to also release on Mangagamer and itch.io in a week and a half. (Around the 9th or 10th of November, will have to sort out a more solid date still) I'm not sure if there are other platforms I could host it on, too, but am open to suggestions if people have preferred means of buying their games! Steam is an obvious no-go though. ; P

I believe the only way to purchase things on Nutaku is through their gold system. Though admittedly I'm fairly new to their system as well, so wouldn't be able to say for sure--so perhaps someone can correct me. I understand this system isn't the most ideal for everyone, though, so I'll be making it available elsewhere when I can.

Kinohki

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Appreciate the reply, FrostWorks. I'll do a bit of research myself and keep an eye out on Itch. Thanks and can't wait to see chapter 2 and later!

RadeonX1950

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Ah, i knew what you meant. Just like how i always treasures starter units in games, like in Pokemon for example :).
I agree with you both, plus, there's no 'direct' option to choose between them. I think most players will take Jilly's route because of that.

AGamerPassingBy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I agree with you both, plus, there's no 'direct' option to choose between them. I think most players will take Jilly's route because of that.
But of course there will be an option to choose both of them, right, FrostWorks? :p

Right...? :(

FrostWorks

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Hiya,

Just a quick update to say you can now buy Quest Failed - Chapter One on MangaGamer now in addition to Nutaku!

Itch.io page will follow shortly but I'm running into some upload issues right on the last hurdle ;~;

I think I can also post direct links now so yay!

(Launched with a 10% discount!)

Thank you for all of the support. I love you guys~ An update featuring the 12th CG will be coming soon, just taking a bit longer than I thought to add in all of the extras around it.

There might even be yet another hidden CG scene if you look hard enough, but shhhh

Kinohki

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Just wanted to say I bought the game and supported you. I really appreciated the 10% discount and decided after doing a bit of research on Nutaku and their gold system that I really didn't like that platform at all. Having to spend more money on gold to buy a game instead of buying it directly for a set price kind of burned it out. What I mean is that I shouldn't have to spend $15 or $20 worth of their currency to buy a game that is $12 or so.

That being said, despite the few errors and typos, it was an awesome game. I really like the story line and the character art for each one and how different they are. I also love how your choices actually impact things, like in Lucille's hut that leads to two entirely different scenes. There's definitely at least an hour and a half of content or more and I could probably see myself playing through it again to see the different choices and to see if I could find other things.

All in all it's a very solid game and in my opinion, very much worth the money. I can't wait to see what happens with chapter two and poor Matthew..That guild needs to change the damn rules...That ending man..DAT ENDING. It legit had me laughing like hell but at the same time seething with fury FOR Matthew. Have a good one Frostworks and saw your twitter too. Hope you feel better man.

Status
Not open for further replies.