[English MonsterGirl VN] Quest Failed By FrostWorks- Demo Available

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saphire1118

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score
Re: [English MonsterGirl VN] Quest Failed By FrostWorks- Demo Available

Oh, you added a little extra when you beat the demo and start a new one xD

Not much but interactions like this makes it nice. A little scene selection feature.

FrostWorks

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Oh, you added a little extra when you beat the demo and start a new one xD

Not much but interactions like this makes it nice. A little scene selection feature.
Haha, yeah, I was wondering how many people might revisit to see that kind of stuff I snuck in.

In the demo's instance, it was a fairly quick last minute addition that I thought would be fun, and has a few parts to it each time you go through, but I guess it shows what I might plan for the full game too, albeit more fleshed out.

Basically just silly little skits that have no bearing on the main game, but are still fun to write (and to read, I hope), maybe with some special content, too, for those dedicated enough to go and find it all.

AGamerPassingBy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Haha, yeah, I was wondering how many people might revisit to see that kind of stuff I snuck in.

In the demo's instance, it was a fairly quick last minute addition that I thought would be fun, and has a few parts to it each time you go through, but I guess it shows what I might plan for the full game too, albeit more fleshed out.

Basically just silly little skits that have no bearing on the main game, but are still fun to write (and to read, I hope), maybe with some special content, too, for those dedicated enough to go and find it all.
Whatever you're doing, you're doing a great job, so keep doing it! :p

Let me tell you Frostworks, the little surprises like those could really makes your game the one and only! :cool:

Architect

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Yes! English monstergirl game! And with voice acting?!

Man, if I start playing now I'll get flak for not working on my own games... I'm going to leave this bookmark and come back after I deliver my own promised updates. :D

FrostWorks

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Whatever you're doing, you're doing a great job, so keep doing it! :p

Let me tell you Frostworks, the little surprises like those could really makes your game the one and only! :cool:
Thank you! Your kind words and support mean a lot to me, and really inspire me to continue on making the best game I can~

Yes! English monstergirl game! And with voice acting?!

Man, if I start playing now I'll get flak for not working on my own games... I'm going to leave this bookmark and come back after I deliver my own promised updates. :D
Haha, gosh, I certainly wouldn't want to contribute to delays elsewhere! Hopefully you can find the time to go through it in the future, and enjoy your time with it!

tempa5

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

So i got a couple of questions:

1) is the game going to cost 10$? ( if you back it at Patreon it says you get a DRM free version)

2) Why is this game getting not much more coverage here ( twitter updates)? The demo was very good IMO:eek:

3) Anyone hyped for the release soon?:p

Last edited:

FrostWorks

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

So i got a couple of questions:

1) is the game going to cost 10$? ( if you back it at Patreon it says you get a DRM free version)

2) Why is this game getting not much more coverage here ( twitter updates)? The demo was very good IMO:eek:

3) Anyone hyped for the release soon?:p
Hiya there! Always happy to answer any questions people might have about the game.

1 - Price point is still being finalised with various storefronts, though it's probably going to be around $12--maybe slightly cheaper if you factor in the various launch discounts that might take place, which will probably put it in the Patreon price range too--so there'll be affordable options for people who want the game, but might not want to back the Patreon account.

2 - Admittedly I could be doing better in communicating my various updates for the game's development, to both this thread and other places I might have the game posted. I've sort of just had my head down working away to get everything done in time for the launch date I've set myself, and neglected to share the work done on anything beyond my Twitter and Patreon accounts. This is definitely something I hope to improve on once the first chapter is done, and I can relax a little and take some time to gather feedback, and decide how best to shape the second chapter based on this.

Also when the thread died down a little, and I was the last one with a post, I didn't want to keep posting and bumping it back up for fear of spamming the thread, haha.

3 - I sure am, haha~ Though very nervous too at what people might think of it after the expectations the demo has set up. I've had a lot of fun making it, and hope that shines through in the finished product.

imercenary

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Looks cool, sounds OK; but I'm a cynical old bastard who has seen too many Kickstarter/Patreon/crowdfunding/fan/community projects collapse in my time (Who here remembers when you didn't need Kickstarter to organize and launch a community funded project?). I'll kick in some dollars when/if the game gets finished.

Saphire1118

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

How's the game coming along? Can't wait to see more of the story past the demo (I'm assuming we can start from our save point).

I'm curious about how long this game will be too. Short? average? long?

FrostWorks

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

How's the game coming along? Can't wait to see more of the story past the demo (I'm assuming we can start from our save point).

I'm curious about how long this game will be too. Short? average? long?
Development is going smoothly! Most of the planned CG graphics are being wrapped up as we speak, and I'm getting the last of the voicework edited together while polishing up the writing that's there. Still pushing incredibly hard for a late August release on things for this first chapter.

Due to how much I've reworked things, both in terms of the script, and the internal workings of things, I don't believe demo saves will be compatible unfortunately. For example, the choices work differently now and award hidden affection points for some of the girls, and will count towards some additional scenes depending on who you favour more.

As for game length, I can't really say, as I'm terrible at judging how long other people might spend reading my writing that I can speed through since I'm familiar with the contents. Do you have a rough estimate of how long the demo took you? Since I'd say that's about 10% - 20% of the full game. There's quite a few more h-scenes to look forward to, since I've been really focusing on packing the game full of content. Want to make a good first impression after all with my debut title, haha~

Briger

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

looks like this out on nutaku next week

imercenary

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

looks like this out on nutaku next week
I took a double take and I'm glad I did.

It's with great pride I can finally announce that Quest Failed: Chapter One will be officially releasing on October 25th!
(bolding mine)

AGamerPassingBy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Well, it is stated that this game is an episodic VN.

Compare the Chapters to MGQ's parts.

imercenary

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Well, it is stated that this game is an episodic VN.

Compare the Chapters to MGQ's parts.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't MGQ originally supposed to be 2 parts and it only turned into a 3 part trilogy after the first part became a huge hit?

Briger

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't MGQ originally supposed to be 2 parts and it only turned into a 3 part trilogy after the first part became a huge hit?
actually it was supposed to be one game from the start. but it quickly became apparent that to release in a timely fashion and it was going to have to be split up. then the story kept on being revised and new artist were commisioned(some of them did it for free too ;)). the popularity was just the icing on the cake as the saying goes.

FrostWorks

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Oh, gosh, new posts!

Hi, guys!

Yeah, the release isn't far away now~ I'll have to try and see if I can get a mod, or LewdGamer himself to edit the post with new information. I'm super nervous at how it's going to be received. Been spending a few sleepless nights trying to catch out all the errors and typos but I'm hoping nothing too bad slipped through. ;_;

In regards to it being released in chapters, I have tried my best to make it clear from the beginning that I intended to release in chapters. It's not my intention to deceive anyone, or anything like that!

I'm not sure if I would compare it entirely to MGQ's release model though, since my chapters are certainly not as long as their 'parts' were. Though with any luck I hope to bolster the amount of content in the second chapter, and the other ones moving on from here as my budget allows it. Got some really fun ideas too that I can wait to see come to life~

Thanks again for all of the feedback and support on things guys, I really appreciate it~

AGamerPassingBy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Oh, gosh, new posts!

Hi, guys!

Yeah, the release isn't far away now~ I'll have to try and see if I can get a mod, or LewdGamer himself to edit the post with new information. I'm super nervous at how it's going to be received. Been spending a few sleepless nights trying to catch out all the errors and typos but I'm hoping nothing too bad slipped through. ;_;

In regards to it being released in chapters, I have tried my best to make it clear from the beginning that I intended to release in chapters. It's not my intention to deceive anyone, or anything like that!

I'm not sure if I would compare it entirely to MGQ's release model though, since my chapters are certainly not as long as their 'parts' were. Though with any luck I hope to bolster the amount of content in the second chapter, and the other ones moving on from here as my budget allows it. Got some really fun ideas too that I can wait to see come to life~

Thanks again for all of the feedback and support on things guys, I really appreciate it~
While we are at it, can you tell us how many chapters you'd planned in mind, FrostWorks?

FrostWorks

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

While we are at it, can you tell us how many chapters you'd planned in mind, FrostWorks?
I have the general story down, and how I would like it to pan out as things open up more and more with each passing chapter. (For example, chapter one is a rather focused journey on Matt and the creatures he encounters, with less of a focus on the overall scope of the world)

Chapter Two will introduce several factions that have a big part in the story, where you can learn more about them. Chapter Three will be about taking the side of one of these factions after knowing more about them.

So at the very least, there's another two chapters planned--and if I'm able sustain enough funding, these chapters will be fairly expansive in size, with far more monster girls.

But if I have to be more careful with my funding, I might opt for tighter, more compact chapters to more evenly space things out while ensuring I have enough to keep going. So I guess really it'll come down to sales of the first chapter before I can give a concrete answer!

It'll either be a smaller number of total chapters, but far denser in content--or more chapters that aren't as ambitious in scale. Hopefully that makes sense, haha. I've slept very little these past few days and everything still feels like a hazy dream. ;_;

Last edited:

FrostWorks

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I'm a little slow to update on things, since it's been a stressful few days, but Chapter One of Quest Failed is now released!

I don't have enough posts yet to be able to link to things, but a quick glance at Nutaku should provide the results you're looking for! Additional channels of distribution are to follow in the weeks, so stay tuned.

Thanks again for everything, guys, I really hope you enjoy it!

Status
Not open for further replies.