What's new

ACT Patreon Unknown/Hiatus [Enlit3D] Heroine Rescue Team [v0.64]

ZapRabbit

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Ludas Lair is gotten from beating a couple levels of futa floor. Can't remember how I got the other two, but they all come about by beating as many levels of the unlocked dungeons that you can.

I feel this is super niche and maybe <0.1% of people will actually use it.
Not exactly a scientific source, but the only poll I can find indicates that about 25% of people use inverted whenever possible:

I thought it was more like 50/50 to be honest, but that's probably because inverted used to be the default in all games, so it's probably just that it's closer to 50/50 with people my age (older..). But that's fine--in a decision between more content and inverted I would vote more content every day of the week.

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score
That seems rigged. Inverted axis for anything other than flight is awful. I can't believe that many people enjoy doing things the wrong way.

Fenril

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
Except we do. I prefer to push down on the right stick to make the camera look up, and up to look down. Same thing with left and right.

Because it's all about perspective and what feel natural to the camera vs player. Some people like to move the camera around from the perspective of the character, while others prefer to move the camera around from the perspective of a third person (ie. from the TV screen).

That's why pretty much every console game you play these days has options for inverting the camera controls or not. It's because there are enough people on either side who prefer it one way or the other.

Tenma

Reputation score
Why not just hold the controller upside down? 🤔

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score
I assume that's what left-handed people have to do.

Zashs

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Inverted options are available in most games that involve third person gameplay. It's been like that forever because people DO use it, and I am one who sometimes use it. (Always for controllers)

Edit: I don't think it's really neccessary for a game thats only keyboard+mouse. Inverted is mainly for controllers and I don't know if this game supports controllers or will in the future.

Last edited:

GranTurboAutismo

Reputation score
Why not configure your mouse to be inverted then. Nobody thinks about looking to the right to look left in their head.

Teh Imprisoned

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
When it comes to Inverted Camera controls, I think of it as the difference between moving your VIEW (Pressing Right makes what you're looking at move Right, AKA "Normal" Camera controls) and moving the CAMERA (Pressing Right makes the physical Camera move to the Right, AKA "Inverted" Camera controls.)

Think back to Super Mario 64, they took the time to make Lakitu a physical object you could see in that one mirror room in order to help players at the time understand how the Camera worked, pressing the Right C-button made Lakitu go to Mario's Right side, which made your view turn Left. Makes sense, right?

To be fair, it's extremely rare to find someone who want inverted MOUSE controls, something about moving the camera with a mouse feels different than using a stick, y'know? But think about it the other way around, What if you could ONLY use inverted camera controls? Wouldn't that be really annoying?

And it's not like it's that hard to implement, right? you'd need to change like, what, 4 values? I imagine custom controls would be harder to include, but you already have those, so just throw the Camera controls in there too, Bam, problem solved, right?

Strange

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
I think no one provided the link to the mods repository, so here it is:
I recommend MikeW343's stuff, the guy did great additions.

Do read "how to install" in the mods overview topic, obviously.

Haro

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
I haven't heard anything about this in a while. Is this still in development?

Guan Yu

GAUN
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score
Enlit has put HRT on hold for now. He has another type of game (more or less a grid-based strategy lewd fighting thing with grappling and bondage and such) planned and is getting that idea off the ground at the moment.

Sitas

Reputation score
Enlit has put HRT on hold for now. He has another type of game (more or less a grid-based strategy lewd fighting thing with grappling and bondage and such) planned and is getting that idea off the ground at the moment.
Hmm...is it really such a great idea, to stop the development of an unfinished game to start another one?

obligitury

Sex Demon
Reputation score
Hmm...is it really such a great idea, to stop the development of an unfinished game to start another one?
It seems like such a popular thing to do lately... :glares at fairy heart:

kvier

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
I read that people were reporting game-breaking bugs, and Enlit couldn't reproduce them. Doesn't take very many of those before one just throws in the towel.

FileMan

Reputation score
huh so i didn't actually imagined this game coming up

so far, the demo's serviceable, although it does suck that he might abandon this project. So much potential!

Strange

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
It can be hell for a dev when he can't replicate a bug. Especially a nasty "can't even load the game" one.

I'd advice a patron to tell Enlit3d to open a google pool or something, to gather the data he needs to pinpoint the exact cause for thebug, which I never experienced, that should be 'cos of some specific hardware, driver or configuration.

In the best case, there's someone living 50km away from him, who can lend him a laptop with which he can replicate the bug, hopefully fix it, and regain some confidence in the project (ntm, the google thing will help providing a good idea of how many would-be patrons he's losing out).
I can't imagine this new turn-based strategy project to become a thing...

cacapost

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
It can be hell for a dev when he can't replicate a bug. Especially a nasty "can't even load the game" one.

I'd advice a patron to tell Enlit3d to open a google pool or something, to gather the data he needs to pinpoint the exact cause for thebug, which I never experienced, that should be 'cos of some specific hardware, driver or configuration.

In the best case, there's someone living 50km away from him, who can lend him a laptop with which he can replicate the bug, hopefully fix it, and regain some confidence in the project (ntm, the google thing will help providing a good idea of how many would-be patrons he's losing out).
I can't imagine this new turn-based strategy project to become a thing...
I found a fix for the infinite loading on startup.
Seems to be a windows 10 thing. You have to change the Compatibility mode to windows 7 in properties on the exe.
I haven't had any issues since I did that atleast.

OP
Enlit3D

Enlit3D

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
Unfortunately, due to a rather annoying bug that affects ~10% of users that I am unable to track down + other issues, development on HRT has been on halt for the moment. I am currently working on a new game on a completely new engine in the sprite of HRT, but turn-based instead. In the meantime, here are the download links for the latest HRT versions: . And if that doesn't work on your PC, try instead.

Here is a link to a WIP video of the new game, (Corrupted At The Core) if that interests you: .

Last edited:

chucknoris35

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Unfortunately, due to a rather annoying bug that affects ~10% of users that I am unable to track down + other issues, development on HRT has been on halt for the moment. I am currently working on a new game on a completely new engine in the sprite of HRT, but turn-based instead. In the meantime, here are the download links for the latest HRT versions: . And if that doesn't work on your PC, try instead.

Here is a link to a WIP video of the new game, (Corrupted At The Core) if that interests you: .
Do you think you'll ever come back to HRT if you're able to identify and fix the bug? I really do love what you did with the game and how easy you made it for modders to add on to your vision. All the best.

OP
Enlit3D

Enlit3D

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
Do you think you'll ever come back to HRT if you're able to identify and fix the bug? I really do love what you did with the game and how easy you made it for modders to add on to your vision. All the best.
Oh yeah absolutely, but maybe not in the same sense you are thinking about. The truth is I got quite unhappy with the HRT codebase. It is written purely in javascript, a dynamically typed language, which doesn't scale well and it made it almost impossible to refactor (change) the existing code base. The new game is done in a new engine that is statically typed, which I been enjoying a lot more than the old one.

My original thought was to reimplement HRT in the new engine, but "remaking game in a new engine" usually doesn't bode well so instead of remaking HRT, I rather make HRT, The Good Parts instead. So you'll going to see alot of the same features - customization, modding, teammates, outfits, etc. Despite the new game is turn-based, the actual game logic is all real-time, with the idea of adapting it's codebase to make Heroine Rumble 2 or HRT 2 from there.

So the answer is kindof? HRT in the existing engine is probably dead, but HRT(2) on the new engine is very much a possibility.