What's new

chouReppaDan

Reputation score

Beat em' up side scroller.
Developer/Publisher: Eromancer
Censorship: No

Language: English
Genre: 3dcg, 2D Game, Female Protagonist, Beat em' up, Side-Scroller, Combat, Rape, Cyberpunk

From their Patreon description:

Pure Onyx is a classic beat ‘em up set in the world of our flagship title, Malise and the Machine. It follows heroine Onyx as she brawls her way through the dystopian streets of New Babylon, where she’ll encounter gangs, crime syndicates, a corrupt police force, and the bio-engineered horrors of the insidious Babel Corporation. It features fully animated, hand drawn art and is styled after 80s cyberpunk anime. Pure Onyx will contain in-game, fully animated H content.

They've switched to 3D animations, though. The game still plays on a 2D plane.

Controls:
  • Stomp = Down + X (hits downed enemies)
  • Defend = Hold C
  • Jump = Space
  • Jump Kick = X while jumping
  • Zoom In = Left Shift
  • Zoom Out = Left Control
  • Skip Struggle / H Animation = X / Space
  • Skip Full H Scene = C
  • Escape = Pause Menu
  • F1 = Toggle Debug Overlay
  • F2 = Toggle Vsync (not recommended except for testing)
  • Quit = F12

Latest Release: May 27th 2023

Last edited:

goodolrub

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
eromancer drama?actually i got a little curious about why his thread got locked/deleted.

ThatWeirdGuyWithaWeirdHat

The Gentleman Thief
Reputation score
eromancer drama?actually i got a little curious about why his thread got locked/deleted.
Everyone was calling him out on his shitty Patreon practices and accusing him of milking his backers and locking all of his progress reports behind paywalls. Instead of trying to justify himself, he ran crying to a mod begging for the thread to be locked. I remember even giving him somewhat of an out by saying that if he gave a public development post or progress report every once in a while, people wouldn't be so pissed. Instead he decided to pull a bitch move and has been a meme of this community ever since.

derakino999

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Why would someone need to report anything to non-paying users if said material is only released for them in the first place? Not defending him though, i've seen shit practices (*cough cough guilty hell*), but well, i don't even know the dude, maybe he tops him lol.

Back on topic, i don't remember if it was this one or almastriga that i downloaded somewhere and ran like crap. For a change.
Looks like decent art and animation i the quality aspect. But, in the character design aspect...well, not the most cute protagonist i've seen lol. I mean..., it's not that she is not...uh, how do i say it...i don't know...something is like..., off (to me)

Last edited:

alphaikazuchi

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Does this game still only have 1 enemy that actually does anything sex related? If so hard pass.

DarkMist67

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
yeah so this demo is garbage outside of the single sex animation which is well done, especially for how long this was in development after he scammed everyone with MaTM. Not surprised in the slightest tbh

nozdozzle

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Did Malise in the Machine ever get finished?
Not at all, abandoned.

I wasted like 20 bucks donating on MatM back when it was on a site that no longer is in service (Hamachi or something?). I'm fairly confident I will never see a final product. This dev is clearly just moving as slow as possible to milk the most out of the patreon folks who haven't caught on yet. Its been like 4 years and the dev has abandonded the original game and made like 2 animations for the new one.

derakino999

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Getting new customers?
Well you can read the comments on the thead from zolvatory. Some patrons (not all of course) don't like it if they don't have them privileges and everything is free. For all including non-patrons

The Gentleman Thief
Reputation score
Why would someone need to report anything to non-paying users if said material is only released for them in the first place? Not defending him though, i've seen shit practices (*cough cough guilty hell*), but well, i don't even know the dude, maybe he tops him lol.

Back on topic, i don't remember if it was this one or almastriga that i downloaded somewhere and ran like crap. For a change.
Looks like decent art and animation i the quality aspect. But, in the character design aspect...well, not the most cute protagonist i've seen lol. I mean..., it's not that she is not...uh, how do i say it...i don't know...something is like..., off (to me)
Eromancer was much worse that Airi. Especially since he was an active member here and was constantly a dick about it.

It's mainly because all of the updates he was releasing were non-updates. Malise and the Machine was at first a really cool project, but he started focusing on small crap that didn't matter. Then he decided to try to remake the damn game after I think it was 2 years of it being 'stuck' in dev hell. It turned into a scam he was using to milk his patrons. He was also an active member on the forum. Every time we would try to get him to tell us what was going on, he would basically just say "give me money and you'll find out."

When this game was announced, I remember he was saying that he's making this game to fund MatM which makes no fucking sense

IAmAKi

Reputation score
That is some sweet juicy drama. A nice side-dish to a new title's demo.

With that said, the 3D models look really nice. If it's true what everybody says then it's a shame they'll just be scrapped or released overly slowly.

IAmAKi

Reputation score
It's actually over two years old now. It's just budged so little in that time that nobody has discussed it.
Oh god.
That's far, far, FAR worse than what I was expecting.

How far has it come in those two years exactly?

Noble 6

Mystic Girl
Reputation score
How far has it come in those two years exactly?
The latest updates added an equip system for items that now drop when you kill enemies.
That's the only change in two years. Every other patreon post is of stuff he's made and then didn't put in the game.

Demontom

Demon Girl
Reputation score
The latest updates added an equip system for items that now drop when you kill enemies.
That's the only change in two years. Every other patreon post is of stuff he's made and then didn't put in the game.
Oh come on, he's added 3 new enemies as well. The short guys, the flying bug things, and a rhinoceros looking thing.

Though the Rhino thing was only added in the most recent version.

The Gentleman Thief
Reputation score
Oh come on, he's added 3 new enemies as well. The short guys, the flying bug things, and a rhinoceros looking thing.

Though the Rhino thing was only added in the most recent version.

Do they all have scenes?