What's new

[Complete - Full] エルミア剣闘物語-少年剣士VS戦う乙女たち-/Gladiators of Elmia -Boy Swordsman VS Fighting Maidens (Machine Translation)

Lv1VillagerA

Lurker
Reputation score
1542134829193.png

Thread:
https://ulmf.org/threads/kamikura-s...swordsman-vs-fighting-maidens-rj225757.12468/

DLSite:

Gaijinizer Translation (game 2.04, translator ver0.8.4, patcher ver 0.2.4, patch 2019/04/09) [new]:

RPGMTrans Patch (game 2.04, translator ver0.8.0, patch 2019/01/11) [old, no issue]:

RPGMTrans Patch (game 1.06, translator ver0.7.3, patch 2018/11/19) [old, no issue]:

I'm not distributing the game, only a patch. You'll need a copy of the game if you want to play.

To apply this patch you need:

> RPG Maker XP / VX / VX Ace Decrypter by Falo (or any other RPG Maker unpacker)
> Gaijinizer Patch translation files
> an untranslated version of the game (エルミア剣闘物語-少年剣士VS戦う乙女たち-)

How to apply this patch:

Decrypt RPG Maker data and delete the Game RGSS Encrypted Archive (*)
>Skip to 'Put the Patch files into the Game files' if you've already deleted the Game RGSS Encrypted Archive and want to apply a new patch
>Run RPG Maker XP / VX / VX Ace Decrypter by Falo
>Go to File/Open File
>Select the Game RGSS Encrypted Archive (Game.rgss3a) that is in the same folder as game.exe (don't mistake it for System\RGSS301.dll).
>Go to Tools/Extract Selected
This will create an 'Extract' folder with all the decrypted files in your game folder
>Merge the contents of the Extract folder with your Game Folder (you don't need to overwrite them)
>Delete or Rename (ex:Game_.rgss3a) the Game RGSS Encrypted Archive you selected previously
The game plays the same, its data is just no longer encrypted. These steps delete any duplicate in the RGSS Encrypted Archive and the non encrypted files which may cause RPG Trans to never finish

>Put the Patch files into the Game files
If this is the first patch you apply, you will be asked to overwrite Game.ini (accept)
Else, you will be asked to also overwrite some of the previous patch files (accept)

>Run Game.exe, a window called Gaijinizer will appear.
>Select Patch Game in the menu. The patching will take a few seconds (about 20) during which the screen will freeze.
>Click Ok to the message box telling you the Game was patched successfully, the game will quit automatically
>Run Game.exe and play the game (the title screen should mention you are playing a translated version)

IMPORTANT:
Hacking yourself is perfectly legal but uploading/distributing a file (hacked/modified)
that can be used as a substitute for game itself, and thus lower the original game sales, is not.
While you may not be fined, your file will most likely be--rightfully--claimed.
Please be responsible and don't make trouble for the creator of the game.

Everything is translated. Custom dictionary is mostly done. Auto-edit isn't implemented yet.
If you load a save file, the default main character name will be auto-translated (to Ralph). You can also rename the main character by writing this at the end of the Game.ini file (just replace "Villager" by a name of your choosing) :
Code:
[lvl1_script]
svu_user_string=Villager
Slight improvements, now uses the custom patcher.
Manual translations:
None, apart for custom dictionary and pre-translated RPG Maker VX Ace lines

Machine translation:
The custom dictionary only include the bare minimum of words (total: 337).

Pictures:
The title screen isn't translated

Game version:

Translation was made using a custom RPG Maker auto-translator. Excluding the manual translated parts, sentences are translated using a combination of a custom dictionary, custom sentence models and Google machine translation service. Pictures are also automatically translated (mainly OCR+machine translation+text over picture).
The translation is a byproduct of the development of the auto-translator and is not edited. You shouldn't bother with it if you actually understand Japanese but you should find it better than using a text hooker.

RPGMakerTrans4.5 is no longer used. I'm now using my own patcher, Gaijinizer Patchmaker. It should be compatible with all the versions of the game. The patch will generate a new Data folder, only Game.ini is overwritten, change it back to unpatch the game (all other explications are in READ ME Translation.txt).

The language used is still engrish--but at least now the dialogues look nicer.

Extrapolated texts are also improved.
Stuff like "[Enemy] casts a [Spell]" rarelly look like "[Enemy]I cast [Spell]" anymore
Same for "[Protagonist] looked at something." that is no longer "[Protagonist]I look at something."

This version includes a few bonuses (scripts).
Press F6 to switch window size
Press F5 to switch to full screen
Skips messages, shortens waits, speeds up routes,...

Skip with Ctrl
Enables in-game with Ctrl+Shift

Change the script parameters in the Game .ini file:
[lvl1_script]
fs_enable=X (X=1 enabled)
fs_speed=X (X=1..8, recommended:4)
Updates game variables stored in save files for translation purpose.

If needed, it can execute ruby code stored in a text file (You can find next to the game exe, you'll need to enter a password).

Change the script parameters in the Game .ini file:
[lvl1_script]
svu_disable=X
svu_password=X
>Use the Password option to select how you want the script to work
X=0, don't use script, not even the default method;
X=1,[default, recommended] only use the script's default method;
X=????, use a custom script stored in txt file if you know what you are doing, ???? is a password you'll find on the forum
>Use the Disable option to prevent ruby code execution from txt file
X=0,[default, recommended] not disabled
X=1, permanently disabled, if you don't want to be tempted to cheat or really don't like the idea of executing a script from a txt file
Fools the game into using RPG Maker English settings.
1542134716997.png

I no longer intend to work on this game except for bugs, if there are any.
The translation is also completely editable and any translator can pick it.

Attachments

Last edited:

Malvezzi

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
This looks good. Too bad it's a machine translation. Will give it a try still. Thank you.

Duis aute

Reputation score
Thanks for the game.
Tbh I'd like to use your auto-translator program.
Is there a chance you will release it?

OP
Lv1VillagerA

Lv1VillagerA

Lurker
Reputation score
Not any time soon. Unfortunately I made a mistake when I started coding. I chose the wrong language which led to it having many compatibility issues. For now, I have no intention to port it (~10k lines of code) myself to C/C++/python.
But I'm starting a similar project as a RPG Maker Script. I should be able to transfer some features from one to the another over time.
If you want something that's immediately available for use you can check out prao's translator in the translation threads.

gimpoid

Reputation score
Hi hoping you can help out I got up to the patching file step and encountered the following error.

"
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\Aleph Fell\Desktop\rpgmakertrans\librpgmakertrans\controllers\coreprotocol.py", line 290, in update
File "C:\Users\Aleph Fell\Desktop\rpgmakertrans\gui\guicontroller.py", line 188, in addPatchFromPath
File "C:\Users\Aleph Fell\Desktop\rpgmakertrans\gui\guicontroller.py", line 165, in addItemFromPath
File "C:\Users\Aleph Fell\Desktop\rpgmakertrans\librpgmakertrans\workers\sniffers.py", line 145, in sniff
File "C:\Users\Aleph Fell\Desktop\rpgmakertrans\librpgmakertrans\workers\sniffers.py", line 84, in __call__
File "C:\Users\Aleph Fell\Desktop\rpgmakertrans\librpgmakertrans\workers\patchers\registry.py", line 29, in __init__
File "C:\Python34\lib\encodings\cp1252.py", line 23, in decode
UnicodeDecodeError: 'charmap' codec can't decode byte 0x8f in position 23: character maps to <undefined>
"
It instantly crashes when I select the RPGMKTRANSPATCH file. Using Translation (game 1.06, translator ver0.7.3, patch 2018/11/19): RPGMakerTransv4.5

OP
Lv1VillagerA

Lv1VillagerA

Lurker
Reputation score
Well, the only fix for RPGMKTRANSPATCH issues is to not use it. People just keep coming with different issues and I'm not even the one that coded that thing. Report your issue in their bug section if you can. Delete banner.txt in the Game_patch folder and see if it fixes something.
I'll upload an alternative version that doesn't require it this WE.

gimpoid

Reputation score
Well, the only fix for RPGMKTRANSPATCH issues is to not use it. People just keep coming with different issues and I'm not even the one that coded that thing. Report your issue in their bug section if you can. Delete banner.txt in the Game_patch folder and see if it fixes something.
I'll upload an alternative version that doesn't require it this WE.
Thanks that fixed it seems the banner.txt file was causing the issue.

Eminba

Reputation score
There is a new update.Can we get a patch for it,please?

OP
Lv1VillagerA

Lv1VillagerA

Lurker
Reputation score
I can make a new machine TL with the previous settings but that will be just that (not hinting for someone to take over the project)
Wait a few days and I'll update the patch.

ORO96

Reputation score
Would it at all be possible for you to share the original SE files? For some reason I'm getting errors that the game can't find certain SE files during some fights/scenes.

OP
Lv1VillagerA

Lv1VillagerA

Lurker
Reputation score
I'm on it. I should update in the next few hours.
However I will not update the dictionary so the added part may have some raw Machine TL in it.
I won't check scripts for bugs either so don't say I didn't warn you.

Edit: I had a strange issue trying to patch some text, I'll upload a new version next week.

Last edited:

sigmazx

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
Error parsing Script メニューに変数表示: String out of bounds: RubyParserState(string=..'d'.., index=2485, ruleStack=['Base', 'SingleQuote']) # 88:2405; leaving untranslated

This error is fine for now for v2.03, right?

OP
Lv1VillagerA

Lv1VillagerA

Lurker
Reputation score
The text will be left untranslated. You don't have to worry.

As I mentioned, it's not a 100% translation. Wait until I solve the issue with the scripts -- I would like to try it the proper way, which takes more time because that's a new issue.

sigmazx

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
The text will be left untranslated. You don't have to worry.

As I mentioned, it's not a 100% translation. Wait until I solve the issue with the scripts -- I would like to try it the proper way, which takes more time because that's a new issue.
That's OK. Thanks for the translation.

OP
Lv1VillagerA

Lv1VillagerA

Lurker
Reputation score
Updating the patch in a few hours with 100% translation of scripts and stuff RPGMTrans can't usually patch.
I'll also open a git so you guys can make edits.

I might stick around to test a new feature now because I noticed i could easily improve location names translations.
After that I'll put the tl on hiatus again and anyone is free to take over.

Edit: updated

Edit2: --' actually not updated at all...

Edit3: fixed

Last edited:

foulmuth

Reputation score
Updating the patch in a few hours with 100% translation of scripts and stuff RPGMTrans can't usually patch.
I'll also open a git so you guys can make edits.

I might stick around to test a new feature now because I noticed i could easily improve location names translations.
After that I'll put the tl on hiatus again and anyone is free to take over.

Edit: updated

Edit2: --' actually not updated at all...

Edit3: fixed
Thanks for the efforts but still getting the same error as sigmazx. FYI: the new chest your character gets in the bedrooms is not translated:

Error parsing Script メニューに変数表示: String out of bounds: RubyParserState(string=..'d'.., index=2485, ruleStack=['Base', 'SingleQuote']) # 88:2405; leaving untranslated

OP
Lv1VillagerA

Lv1VillagerA

Lurker
Reputation score
I'll fix the parsing script error in due time.

I reuploaded the patch a few times yesterday so you might want to redownload and repatch your game. Maybe this will fix the chest message. Send a screenshot if you can as this not my main project and I don't remember the chest you're talking about.

foulmuth

Reputation score

I reuploaded the patch a few times yesterday so you might want to redownload and repatch your game. Maybe this will fix the chest message. Send a screenshot if you can as this not my main project and I don't remember the chest you're talking about.
The patch i'm using is the latest one posted. Sure, here is a screenshot of the chest i'm talking about. Also about half of the new Arena area is not translated, attached is a screenshot. think this might give an insight as to where the script error occurred. It's not a big deal the game is very playable, up to you if you wanna fix it:

BEG.png Arena.png

Cleanfeel

Demon Girl
Reputation score

How do you manually edit the script? I have the same problem in another game. Is it one of the rvdata2 files? What software?

OP
Lv1VillagerA

Lv1VillagerA

Lurker
Reputation score
@foulmuth
Really, just redownload the patch. I've updated the file on mega, not the link itself. It should be translated (at least it is for me).
1546909805587.png
1546909889192.png

in Map065.txt:

> BEGIN STRING
おじさん
「ここの看板選手はバニーガールのミュエルちゃんだよ。
彼女、武道大会にも出るのかねぇ。
いや、さすがにそれはないか……」
> CONTEXT: Map065/events/16/pages/0/0/Dialogue
old man. 「The signboard player here is Miel - chan of
bunny girl. I wonder if she will go out to martial arts
tournament as well. No, indeed it is not it ......」#MTLed
> END STRING

@Cleanfeel what exactly do you need to fix?
Best way to edit a script is with RPGMaker VX Ace.

Last edited: