What's new

SIM [Excess M]Mines Canaria (RJ397150)

goldendark

Demon Girl
Reputation score
the game does have an autoplay bottom left check the box and the game will play itself all you need to do is press the big O when it pops up

Someone92

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Anyone knows what is meant by "The number of zone drugs is used 8 or more"? It's the requirement to unlock mission 8b

goldendark

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Anyone knows what is meant by "The number of zone drugs is used 8 or more"? It's the requirement to unlock mission 8b
its the drug that transforms your character its a different colour in your inventory once you use it 8 times advance the story more and it should unlock

Someone92

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Aynone knows how to win mission 5-2? The description just says to expand as much as possible?

goldendark

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Aynone knows how to win mission 5-2? The description just says to expand as much as possible?
to win you just have to stall the match no idea for how many turns i was able to doing on the final round for some reason the girl on the right keeps doing her etch attack which activated my lightning focus i just discard over and over without winning until the match ends by itself

Triplebrc

Reputation score
Glad I did not buy the game so at least I don't have to feel ripped off this time around. I just knew the problem with the bugged bright skin textures from the trial would not be fixed, its pretty much tradition since Parade Buster that the first thing on the to do list is to trial and error your way through solving really annoying problems that, at least in my experience, pretty much no games from other developers have on my pc. Ah well, tried half a dozen possible solutions with no success, maybe I try again in a few days when I feel like it.

IAmAKi

Reputation score
Here's a review on this, yes it's probably very opinionated.

Got as far as I wanted to in it, aka the second to last story level with nearly all the sidequest stuff done. Just can't be bothered to mess with the zone drugs and go back through levels right now, why they're even mandatory to be used so many times just to progress the story is awful. As per usual with a Japanese non-ACT game, there's so much talking. I'm not even complaining about the cutscenes when I say that, just the majority of teases, waiting for reipatcher to generate the dialogue and victory speeches really moves the game along at a snail's pace. I find myself constantly relying on the skip button, an absolute mercy that's there by the way.

As for scenes, you get them in-game by willingly losing to a temptation attack, aka you have to put yourself at an immediate disadvantage that an RNG-based gambling-style game can't really allow you to get away with. So you either do the whole game without playing around and enjoy the gallery after or you risk losing and doing the whole slow process of the core game all over again. There's no interaction or resisting temptation attacks either, you get a "fuck" or "no fuck" button, or they just spam it on you and you can't do a damn thing. Very uninspired when compared to Parade Buster and Hagokoro.

Even for a roguelike gamemode like Quest it's still anti-streamline, there's always some dialogue to mash skip through. Excessm seemed to understand the pacing of his two first person games to not bombard you with dialogue per encounter, only something like one cutscene per level start, some stuff said in-game via scenes that you don't have to click through, and a cutscene at the end. Not every single battle were you forced to use the skip button to prevent being there an hour. Going back to Quest though, you'll occasionally find yourself against a group of boss enemies which relentlessly spam tease moves that drain large amounts of HP when stacked, it almost feels like an intentional effort to outdo the slowness of the normal + side games. And the worst part is you're likely to lose such an encounter unless you're loaded up on equipment.

I know I've said mostly negative things about this game previously but I've come to it with a neutral mind. The gameplay core is simple enough for even me to understand, the scenes are slightly better than the previous first-person titles, equipment and character editing is all still there albeit at a slightly more basic level (no preset skin tones for example). But this just doesn't do the slow-paced gambling game thing right. You're not particularly thinking about what you're doing to slow yourself down, it's just that your progress is constantly bogged down by someone saying something in an endless stream of dialogue boxes you have to skip through. It feels like artificial padding, just huge streams of cutscenes to hide the real amount of time you're playing.

I deeply hope if Excessm ever tries this again he makes into less of a chore and more of a game. But honestly... I think we'd all just prefer a second parade buster or a one syota 3.

goldendark

Demon Girl
Reputation score
there where no bright skin bug when i played the demos and full game from any of excess games i have no idea where to start to fix a problem like that since it never happen to me once

Someone92

Demon Girl
Reputation score
I just knew the problem with the bugged bright skin textures from the trial would not be fixed
women look very white when I start a game, what happens?
You mean that they are nearly white? That would be because you didn't started the game with Japanese non-unicode.
I am not 100% sure, but it also might be that you need to unzip the file with Jap non-unicode enabled.

thomasan

Reputation score
Glad I did not buy the game so at least I don't have to feel ripped off this time around. I just knew the problem with the bugged bright skin textures from the trial would not be fixed, its pretty much tradition since Parade Buster that the first thing on the to do list is to trial and error your way through solving really annoying problems that, at least in my experience, pretty much no games from other developers have on my pc. Ah well, tried half a dozen possible solutions with no success, maybe I try again in a few days when I feel like it.
Ingaf the same issue, for me it helped to download and use an local emulator for Japanese. If you haven’t tried that. Good luck.

Will there be a translation for this game (I mean implemented without rei auto translate)?
For all I care it’s a machine translation, as long as you don’t have to wait 5 seconds for each text.

Triplebrc

Reputation score
You mean that they are nearly white? That would be because you didn't started the game with Japanese non-unicode.
I am not 100% sure, but it also might be that you need to unzip the file with Jap non-unicode enabled.
I have all the settings in japanese for years by now in the box I play these games in, so that can't be the issue, that would mainly affect kanjis being shown properly btw, never in my life have I seen it affect textures like that. I do not have any issues with other japanese games, and it is not even all of the textures being affected, some characters have patches of normal colored skin and clothes, like the small girl in orange being one of the few with colored clothes, which makes me shudder in horror at the abominable mess that games code must be for it to produce such a weird and inconsistent visible glitch, hell not even the solutions for the last few games problems did anything for this one.
The game is pretty bad anyway and I downloaded it for free so I am not really bummed out by it not working properly. Super short if you ignore all the padding and recycled content, this developer definitely has seen far better days, guess he is just one among dozens of others who produce forgettable games for a quick file download and single short session every few months.

goldendark

Demon Girl
Reputation score
i almost want to say that the bright skin bug is a you problem just because you said it was also in the trial version and i played both trials versions the blog one and dlsite one multiple times and did not get the bug your talking about,

Strange

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
The game is pretty bad anyway and...
Now I feel better for not being able to play it. Thanks! 😅
I think it was just ExcessM taking a break. Sort of. The last game was pretty stressful for them.
(look into your graphic card settings, and try some other random, recent Unity games/trials.)

Triplebrc

Reputation score
i almost want to say that the bright skin bug is a you problem just because you said it was also in the trial version and i played both trials versions the blog one and dlsite one multiple times and did not get the bug your talking about,
Well that "logic" can be applied to any bug. "Well not 100% of the people have it so thats a you problem". I see that point being made by some genius at every buggy video game release I witness, I guess some people just don't have a filter in their brain telling them that sometimes its just better to not comment on something they have nothing to contribute on.

Now I feel better for not being able to play it. Thanks! 😅
I think it was just ExcessM taking a break. Sort of. The last game was pretty stressful for them.
(look into your graphic card settings, and try some other random, recent Unity games/trials.)
Glad I could help I guess 😅
Tried a few things, honestly it is not really worth it to experiment more with it. As I said, the game is not really fun to play for me, and the textures working normally would not really change that. To me it just seems like an overall loss in quality, but then again maybe that is to be expected after doing the same kind of game for so many years.
As for you not having the time to play, you can play through most original content in about 2 hours at the absolute most if you don't slow read the walls of japanese texts, the rest is just the same few enemies in different combos being fought for money, with a minigame attached to it sometimes, so you won't need to wait for a free weekend to get through it.

Strange

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
If I took those 2 hours I'd get yelled at :LOL: (starting by myself doing the self-nagging)
Launcelot: You are in great peril!!!
Dingo: No he isn't!
Launcelot: Silence, FOUL TEMPTRESS!!!
Strange: Hey look, she's got the point...
Launcelot: Come on, we must cover your escape!
Strange: (being dragged out) Look, I'm FINE!
Launcelot (now dragging him into the entrance hall) COME ON...
Dingo: Sir Strange...
Strange: Look, I can tackle this lot *singlehanded*.
Dingo: Yes, let him tackle us singlehanded!!
Others: Yes, yes!!! Singlehanded!!!!!
Launcelot: No, Sir Strange. Come!! (continues dragging him out)
Strange: No really, honestly, I can cope. I can handle this lot *easily*.
Dingo: Oh, Yes, let him handle us *easily*.....
Others: Yes, yes....
Strange: Please, please. I can defeat them; there's only a hundred and fifty of them! (is dragged out the door)
an RNG-based gambling-style game can't really allow you to get away with.
A slight correction: RNG is pretty much inexistent, at least in the trial.
All characters cheat, including MC. MC cheats with the help items; you're not supposed to need any luck at all. I have mixed feeling about this, but that's consistent with recent ExcessM games' gameplay: items make or break. Use them too wisely and the game gets laughably easy.

Last edited:

IAmAKi

Reputation score
A slight correction: RNG is pretty much inexistent, at least in the trial.
All characters cheat, including MC. MC cheats with the help items; you're not supposed to need any luck at all.
Characters in the full version don't cheat 100% of the time, they tend to just try cheating when you're about to call mine or canary, and even then not always. Also there's what piece you get per turn thing. There are a couple of battles where you get forced to lose a couple rounds though, do not want to spoil much more than that.

I went into this game with absolutely no understanding of how things worked and was able to demolish the majority of battles (some high score-based ones are irritating though) of enemies with zero item usage. The one time I found myself using items was in Quest, and that was to boost defense and offense. I know I just said its RNG can bring about a loss with bad luck and all but at the same time the core game is so easy, you don't run into any true walls outside of Quest and the really difficult challenges. Otherwise, it's all tedious.

foamy111

Tentacle God
Reputation score
How do I get Ex-2 unlocked? I can't get it to properly translate to tell me what to do.

diodamon

Reputation score
here is the problem, i already tried extracting the game from winrar in japanese and it should have the unicode in japanese

Attachments

goldendark

Demon Girl
Reputation score
How do I get Ex-2 unlocked? I can't get it to properly translate to tell me what to do.
not too sure it was unlocked for me when i beaten ex-1 and the text underneath for me only says clear conditions and cant you items