What's new

SIM [Excess M]Mines Canaria (RJ397150)

goldendark

Demon Girl
Reputation score
here is the problem, i already tried extracting the game from winrar in japanese and it should have the unicode in japanese
ya that does look pretty bad did you try and re-downloading the game redo what you did for extracting and try running the game with a Japanese emulator i have some Japanese games that don't want to run without an emulator since i did not put this pc in Japanese like my first one

Someone92

Demon Girl
Reputation score
here is the problem, i already tried extracting the game from winrar in japanese and it should have the unicode in japanese
I have the exact same issue if I do not run the game with Jap non-unicode.

Iperino

Reputation score
i suggest to use locale emulator to solve this problem

Strange

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Goodness gracious, my eyes... They bleed. I forgot Reipatcher was that bad with GT. So, here:
Code:
# save
sr:"(.+)\/クリア数 : (.+)"="[$1]Stages cleared : $2"
sr:"(.+)\\r\\nメインシナリオクリア数 : (\d+)\\r\\n寄り道シナリオクリア数 : (\d+)"="$1\r\nStory stages cleared : $2\r\nSide stages cleared : $3"
# shop
sr:"(.+)\\r\\n\s+\(所持数:(\d+)\)"="$1\r\n    (You have:$2)"
# stats
sr:"通算勝利数 : (\d+)\\r\\nアガリ時のハイスコア : ([\d|,]+)\\r\\n所持金 : ([\d|,]+)\\r\\n「クリアしたことにする」を使ったステージ数 : (\d+)\\r\\n\\r\\n射精回数 : (\d+)\\r\\n初めて屈服した相手 : (.+)"="Victories : $1\r\nHighest Agari : $2\r\nMoney : $3\r\n「Skip this stage」 count : $4\r\n\r\nEjaculations : $5\r\nFirst surrender : $6"
# free game
sr:"(.+)\\r\\n賭けレート:\s+x([\d|.]+)\\r\\nゲーム数:\s+(.+)"="$1\r\nWager:  x$2\r\nRounds:  $3"
# XXX
sr:"手コキ:(.+)"="Handjobs: $1"
sr:"ももコキ:(.+)"="Thighjobs: $1"
sr:"フェラ:(.+)"="Blowjobs: $1"
sr:"パイズリ:(.+)"="Paizuris: $1"
sr:"腋コキ:(.+)"="Armpit sex: $1"
sr:"おっぱい窒息:(.+)"="Puff-puffs: $1"
sr:"おまたで窒息:(.+)"="Smothering: $1"
sr:"オナホコキ:(.+)"="Onahole: $1"
sr:"騎乗位・強制正常位:(.+)"="Cowgirl/Missionary: $1"

#other menial stuff
全解放データ=Full Gallery
解像度=Resolution
各種設定=Settings
体験版=Trial Ver.
操作=Manual
初期化=Default
システム=System
ゲームスピード=Game speed
オートセーブ=Auto-save
画面解像度=Screen resolution
音設定=Sound setting
遅い=Slow
速い=Fast
フルスクリーン=Fullscreen
高音・低音どちらもアリ=All voices
声の高さフィルター=Voice height filter
低音ボイスのみ=Bass voices only
高音ボイスのみ=High pitches only
早い=Faster
超早い=Fastest
能力確認=Abilities
エディットモード=Edit mode
ギャラリー & 対戦=Gallery & Match
ヘルプ=Help
セーブ・ロード=Save/Load
野試合=Free Game
ストーリーモード=Story mode
クエストモード=Quest mode
お店=Shop
ロード=Load
はい=Yes
いいえ=No
セーブ=Save
You'll need to:
1- paste the above into a new text(.txt) file in your translation directory. edit: or use the txt attached, it's all the same.
2- delete your _AutoGeneratedTranslations.txt - this is not optional. Zip it beforehand if you want a backup.

I won't spend any more time on this. The game itself lacks polish, compared to the trial. Well, new bugfixes are announced.
A productive break is still a break, right? :unsure: (took me less than 1h...)

Attachments

Last edited:
OP
TheUnsaid

TheUnsaid

Reputation score
Anyone knows what is meant by "The number of zone drugs is used 8 or more"? It's the requirement to unlock mission 8b
Zone drugs are the drugs the villains use to get good at Mines Canary.

The MC can get into the zone w/o it, but when he does use it, an alternate personality called Seira appears. Seira is extremely lucky, and gets cards he wants easily, but the people he plays with get heartbroken about their own ability and stop playing the game.

Zone drugs are an item you can use after a certain point in the story. Once you see Seira in the main story, they can be used.
They can only be used in Free Matches. The green button on the main screen are the free matches, and once used the protagonist turns into Seira.

Each time you use a Zone drug, you get a Zone drug story beat which is how you unlock the EX chapters.
Aynone knows how to win mission 5-2? The description just says to expand as much as possible?
You have to stall.
Stalling is weird since they only explain the lightning mechanic once, but if you discard rarer cards like the Red and Black colors (yes they're rarer. They don't feel that way because of the stupid fortune manipulation stuff but they technically are) then there's a high chance that you'll activate the lightning focus which makes it so the enemy has a lower chance of actually using your discarded cards to Canary.

Glad I did not buy the game so at least I don't have to feel ripped off this time around. I just knew the problem with the bugged bright skin textures from the trial would not be fixed, its pretty much tradition since Parade Buster that the first thing on the to do list is to trial and error your way through solving really annoying problems that, at least in my experience, pretty much no games from other developers have on my pc. Ah well, tried half a dozen possible solutions with no success, maybe I try again in a few days when I feel like it.
You're pretty smart, so if you're having issues solving this then it might be a bit more serious of a problem than I think.

I've never had this issue and I don't know what percentage of the userbase has.
It might be a good idea for everyone who has this issue to post their general specs.

OS
Graphics Card

And maybe we can find a commonality. Maybe some aspects of the coloring system made through edits break the game on a GPU level? Could be an AMD only issue or something. Maybe a texture cache needs to be cleaned. I have no idea.
______
Oh a review!
Gonna write my own in the next post but I'm curious about someone elses.
Here's a review on this, yes it's probably very opinionated.

Got as far as I wanted to in it, aka the second to last story level with nearly all the sidequest stuff done. Just can't be bothered to mess with the zone drugs and go back through levels right now, why they're even mandatory to be used so many times just to progress the story is awful. As per usual with a Japanese non-ACT game, there's so much talking. I'm not even complaining about the cutscenes when I say that, just the majority of teases, waiting for reipatcher to generate the dialogue and victory speeches really moves the game along at a snail's pace. I find myself constantly relying on the skip button, an absolute mercy that's there by the way.
I prefer strong narratives.
Like... my favorite games are Circle Teckua's Succubus Tower 2, ROBF, MGQ and stuff like that.
When the characters communicate and have goals it feels like you get to know them which makes the sex more intimate.

That being said, the game is almost all tease. It's all girl flashes her panty at you, and that riles you up enough to let them do stuff to you.
It's largely unerotic.

I will not say that's because of the text focus though. I thought the story had interesting moments.

As for scenes, you get them in-game by willingly losing to a temptation attack, aka you have to put yourself at an immediate disadvantage that an RNG-based gambling-style game can't really allow you to get away with. So you either do the whole game without playing around and enjoy the gallery after or you risk losing and doing the whole slow process of the core game all over again. There's no interaction or resisting temptation attacks either, you get a "fuck" or "no fuck" button, or they just spam it on you and you can't do a damn thing. Very uninspired when compared to Parade Buster and Hagokoro.
Completely agree!

He went back to his OneeSyota routes, and hyper focused on foreplay/teasing content. The game is very unerotic for people who prefer intercourse or spicier sexual interactions. In fact the sex doesn't feel interactive at all.
In previous games it was something along the lines of dodging enemies with heart marks and pressing buttons, but w/o that level of interactivity the sexual focus is heavier on the temptation teasing side.

It's just a different sexual focus. I remember users wishing he went back to this teasing temptation side of his sexual content a while back so it's not like there's no market for it. I'm personally not in that market, but they can't complain now XD
They got a game completely catered to them.
Even for a roguelike gamemode like Quest it's still anti-streamline, there's always some dialogue to mash skip through. Excessm seemed to understand the pacing of his two first person games to not bombard you with dialogue per encounter, only something like one cutscene per level start, some stuff said in-game via scenes that you don't have to click through, and a cutscene at the end. Not every single battle were you forced to use the skip button to prevent being there an hour. Going back to Quest though, you'll occasionally find yourself against a group of boss enemies which relentlessly spam tease moves that drain large amounts of HP when stacked, it almost feels like an intentional effort to outdo the slowness of the normal + side games. And the worst part is you're likely to lose such an encounter unless you're loaded up on equipment.
I mean is it a pacing thing?
The sexual focus is temptation. It's not enough to just flash your breasts or something, you need that dialogue and build up to make temptation work as a fetish. He included the middle-click button so I really don't understand how the pacing is an issue here.

Hmm... I beat QUEST pretty easily. The focus on equipment is definitely higher there because that's its key feature though. You need a shield.
I know I've said mostly negative things about this game previously but I've come to it with a neutral mind. The gameplay core is simple enough for even me to understand, the scenes are slightly better than the previous first-person titles, equipment and character editing is all still there albeit at a slightly more basic level (no preset skin tones for example). But this just doesn't do the slow-paced gambling game thing right. You're not particularly thinking about what you're doing to slow yourself down, it's just that your progress is constantly bogged down by someone saying something in an endless stream of dialogue boxes you have to skip through. It feels like artificial padding, just huge streams of cutscenes to hide the real amount of time you're playing.
I agree.

The drug that's core to the narrative is called Zone drugs which increases concentration.
The game it's being used for however, doesn't require much concentration, but basic decision making. It's more luck based. In fact the drug just makes you more lucky.

There are card games out there that can test concentration. Thematically I feel like the game and narrative don't match.
I can't say what ExcessM wanted to do when it comes to the pace of the gambling though. I personally felt like matches lasted a decent time. Not too short or too long.
I deeply hope if Excessm ever tries this again he makes into less of a chore and more of a game. But honestly... I think we'd all just prefer a second parade buster or a one syota 3.
I just want him to make what he wants so he doesn't burn out.
I hope he makes whatever whacky shit he has in his head. Maybe he has an idea for a game that we'd like just as much as Parade Buster, but we'd never find out if we pressure him to just stick to the stuff that worked before.

OP
TheUnsaid

TheUnsaid

Reputation score
This game's an interesting one.

It's $10, and on sale for $7 right now. First things first, I think it gives you enough value for 7 or 10 bucks. For sure. There's a lot of content in the game.
Like seriously.
Lots of missions. Lots of girls. Big story. A completely unique gamemode unlocks once you beat it.

The game is definitely a big step for ExcessM
For one thing, the story focus is much larger in this game than almost any other game he's made.

STORY
He's always liked including story even in the jank 2DFighterMaker2nd engine games which did not really support storytelling so having narratives that ground the game's characters has always been pretty important to him. This game is an interesting test of that. The narrative isn't that bad.
It's separated into moments where the story introduces all the characters and various elements to the story.
Then it surprisingly doesn't leave those characters benched as they are important actors that return and have an impact on the story.

The romance is super duper weak in this game though. Nothing is ever going to be on the level of Yumesame hunh. Man that's sad to think about.

I really like what they tried to say about drug use, and tackling the concept of societal worth being judged by only one singular ability. Made me think about how in real life, most people's sense of self worth come from their intelligence even though intelligence isn't everything.

Gameplay
It's ok.
The game is pretty simple with matching 3 sets of 3 colors and trying to get higher scores. There's a decent amount of depth to it if you add special rules and trying to get sequential/same numbers.
But the game is structured as a 3v1. The game CANNOT be allowed to play fair in card draws, because no matter how much you strategize the depth of the game is not enough to change the fact that luck plays a LARGE factor. So the meta strategy of modifying your luck is key to the game, which makes how much money you have and your items key to the game.

The problem with this is, that in-game strategy is kind of meaningless.

Most matches are decided before they start by the decisions you made outside of them. Money becomes extremely valuable in getting items that help warp fortune then, and so getting a bunch of money makes you a god that stops any and all intriguing aspects of the game.

If Mine's Canary existed in real life, the game would be like poker where you gauge the opponents hand by looking at what they discard, using fakeouts, and more mind games with your opponent. But it's not a real game. You're playing with digital people who don't really have hands. They just choose to win or not in which hands are then generated for them.

That's not to say the in-battle strategy is nothing. It's just very little in comparison to most games. The game tries to alleviate this by adding special win conditions like you can't score over a certain amount for one of the missions, and you have to score over the combined score of all opponents to win. These special rules can make you think for a bit. In fact the you can't score over 8000 points one was the most fun match in the game for me, because I prefer the in-battle strategy.

Ero
Depends on your tastes. Do you like temptation focused femdom?
You'll probably like this game.
Every girl will flash their panties show off their boobs or some form of temptation to "distract" you from the game. If you succumb to their temptation they'll do lewd stuff to you.

But well... the game's on the line. Succumbing to temptation means not progressing, so you're choosing to forgoe progress to see ero. Is there any ero that you naturally see as you play the game? There's one but it's all foreplay, and focused on temptation.

Scene quality in this game is quite high though. Hagokoro's scenes were well animated but not very varied, and used a lot of similar positions. A lot of the scenes in Mine's Canary are unique.
There's even a forced missionary scene in the game. The camera angles were interesting as well.

That being said most of the game is foreplay. Like... a significant majority of it. I'd say 90% so like... just a heads up. It's not as biased as One-Syota which only had 2 sex scenes out of around 50, but it's around the same level.

___

I have to say though, that I really like how he snuck in monster girls at the very end. He didn't even do it to get the tag on DLsite. It seems he really likes monster girls and I appreciate him for that.
My previous issues with the game are still there.

I don't like 90% of the cast romantically. All the girls are pretty bad.
The protagonist only feels like a shota in one aspect. He's weak to tame sexuality like a girl flashing their panties at him.
He's got a job, talks like an adult, has dreams like an adult, and thinks about resolving issues like an adult. In fact, he gets embroidled in an FBI investigation like an adult. The game just outright treats him like an adult when he's like what... 12? I guess ExcessM wants the benefits of Shota, size difference between women, but doesn't want to think about the negatives,(small dick, child personality, no agency)

But man the callback at the end of the QUEST mode...Man... his art has really improved.

Last edited:

J300mer

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
TLDR Yugioh cheating at a cards game but instead of getting sent to the shadow realm he gets sent straight to child support boss runs.

I kinda miss Parade Buster's sense of enemies more since this felt more like a goofy gallery with extra steps-- not really a game to me since it isn't "Difficult", but not really a gallery since you have tons of text that might feel like it's just dragging the corpse of his previous games with it.
A lot of effort, and good talent, and a decent game-- but he's made better ngl.

jasons1994

Reputation score
excess m games are always good, i just wish the mc was a normal dude not a 10 year old kid getting tempted by 30 year old milfs,but i guess thats a fetish for some so who cares....

OP
TheUnsaid

TheUnsaid

Reputation score
I wonder why it is even almost standard in the reverse rape genre as far as I've seen. Need more games like Succubus Covenant :>
Umm even in Reverse Rape games it's still 50/50
SHRIFT, Succubus Academia, MGDs, all of Circle Teckua and all of ROBF are adult adjacent, and there's quite a few more...
In fact... thinking on it, the shotas are the minority by a margin.

And please no on succubus covenant. I actually like, liking the girls my character fucks in the story. Don't need dry-fishing girls that I want to straight up murder, therefore their narrative importance ends as soon as I kill them.

Moeymoey

Reputation score
Umm even in Reverse Rape games it's still 50/50
SHRIFT, Succubus Academia, MGDs, all of Circle Teckua and all of ROBF are adult adjacent, and there's quite a few more...
In fact... thinking on it, the shotas are the minority by a margin.

And please no on succubus covenant. I actually like, liking the girls my character fucks in the story. Don't need dry-fishing girls that I want to straight up murder, therefore their narrative importance ends as soon as I kill them.
Succubus Covenant portraits the succubus in a way I like seeing them the most. Tempting but cruel to the bone :>
In terms of shota you might be right, I had stuff like MGQ or Incubus Quest in mind where the appearance of the protagonist is clearly seen. ROBF for example doesn't really show the MC, Shrift (One of my favorites) is kind of abstract, the protagonist looks like he could be both. But maybe there is some scientific research in this regard necessary :>

gemstoner75

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
I'm finding myself disliking the "generator approach" to the games' characters more and more.
Sure it's nice when there's a technically infinite amount of different girls but it's still jarring when they use the same stock animations. So the petite girl still ends up having a giant junk trunk that presses against the MCs face.

I'd much prefer he just goes back to fix definied archetype-character like in his previous games before Hagokoro.

J300mer

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
I just love how Pb inspired other devs to copy that design.
So far, I've counted two titles that just openly admitted "PB inspired"

Kalvinis96

Reputation score
I just love how Pb inspired other devs to copy that design.
So far, I've counted two titles that just openly admitted "PB inspired"
Oh? I'm interested in which ones are "PB Inspired". Do you know which ones?

J300mer

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
MenZ's new game and some weird fem MC thing on ci-en I saw earlier.

OP
TheUnsaid

TheUnsaid

Reputation score
I'm finding myself disliking the "generator approach" to the games' characters more and more.
Sure it's nice when there's a technically infinite amount of different girls but it's still jarring when they use the same stock animations. So the petite girl still ends up having a giant junk trunk that presses against the MCs face.

I'd much prefer he just goes back to fix definied archetype-character like in his previous games before Hagokoro.
I'm torn on this.

On one hand I agree. Parade Buster and Yumesame had great enemy designs. The knights in Parade Buster especially have great designs. I feel like the specific use of color and color balance lead to this.
But man...
Parade Buster got samey visually seeing the EXACT same girl over and over again.

Hagokoro was fresh visually. Even regular soldiers would look different as they appeared. Dark skin... fair skin. Small, tall. Mean face, kind face. Visually speaking the screen didn't look cluttered with one character archetype.

That problem though is strange. Maybe the randomizer should limit itself so that the big archetypes are only limited in size in a certain region? That would make the randomizer way better.

OP
TheUnsaid

TheUnsaid

Reputation score
Future update plans on ExcessM's ci-en

Bunch of interesting changes and ideas, but the one I'm most interested in is this.
1658815906781.png

All I can say is this is heaven and hell.

I seriously dislike futa on male. I hope that the player can disables futa content. God, I hope players can disable futa content.
Adding sex as one of the "teasing" scenes is great. Would up the eroticism for me personally, but I don't intend to lose so overall it wouldn't really do anything. It'd be a nice new scene to view in the gallery though.

___

This seems like an interesting balance change.
○ We have increased the number of teams that have choices for each station in the erotic darkness gambling hall.
Along with that, the frequency of using color gimmicks before the main character Agari has decreased dramatically.
Target: "Beginner Team" "Esra Jogakuin" "Nishimachi Maimen"
"Teacher Team" "Women's Mines Canary Club"

○エロ闇の賭場で毎局選択肢が発生するチームを増やしました。
それに伴い該当チームは主人公アガリ前に色仕掛けを使う頻度が激減しました 対象:「初心者チーム」「エスラ女学院」「西町のマイメン」 「教師チーム」「女子マインズカナリア部」
I'm guessing it means that luck will play less of a factor? Can't really tell as the statement doesn't read clearly through machine translation.

If the game gets more intense in the way of mid-battle strategy that doesn't rely too heavily on luck, I'd be hyped, but the game's concept is too luck dependent for it to feel like that. I guess the lightning ability mitigates luck a little bit, if you know what you're doing... well... we'll just have to see if the balance changes can make the game more erotic.

goldendark

Demon Girl
Reputation score
is this game really luck based? do you mean by luck is you always get cards you need no matter what, i wouldn't call this game luck based since i never once draw a card i never needed, if i have like 2 red 2 blue 2 greens in my hand and random colour the next 3 cards i draw would be red blue and green so i can win the round, and i rarely used lightning ability because you always get the cards you need to get 3 of a kind, i wish you would get random cards more rather then you have 2 reds here your last red oh you also have 2 yellow and 2 black here your 3rd yellow and black next turn. i don't even know what lightning ability does rather then stopping your opponents from winning the round until its over. on a small note i only gotten a hand with all same colour once, because once i get my 3rd card of any colour i stop drawing that colour.

OP
TheUnsaid

TheUnsaid

Reputation score
is this game really luck based? do you mean by luck is you always get cards you need no matter what, i wouldn't call this game luck based since i never once draw a card i never needed, if i have like 2 red 2 blue 2 greens in my hand and random colour the next 3 cards i draw would be red blue and green so i can win the round, and i rarely used lightning ability because you always get the cards you need to get 3 of a kind, i wish you would get random cards more rather then you have 2 reds here your last red oh you also have 2 yellow and 2 black here your 3rd yellow and black next turn. i don't even know what lightning ability does rather then stopping your opponents from winning the round until its over. on a small note i only gotten a hand with all same colour once, because once i get my 3rd card of any colour i stop drawing that colour.
Yes it's luck manipulation.

The game gives you the cards you need.
There's an item that you can use that increases the chance of drawing good cards.

If the enemies use lewd attacks on you, your luck decreases and you start drawing bad cards.