What's new

ACT Shota [ExcessM] 廻るハゴコロ / Mawaru Hagokoro (RJ325142)

OP
TheUnsaid

TheUnsaid

Reputation score

Seems like this post is about dungeon design and general gameflow. Parade Buster had branching paths as well split by dialogue options. Seems like these "dungeons" are around the same in design where you go forward, but there are some branching paths.

Justsomeone99

Reputation score
It seems like a darkest dungeon map style, I mean with the tiles, but i don't know if we'll have to fight in all of them or if there's gonna be some breather and loot, maybe there's a chest at the end of the dungeon

Dan Druff

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
This introduces the pharmacist or yakushi enemy who attacks the player by kissing him while giving him a handjob; the other attack involves the use of an onahole on the player.

shinryu

Reputation score
This introduces the pharmacist or yakushi enemy who attacks the player by kissing him while giving him a handjob; the other attack involves the use of an onahole on the player.
why do i feel like she forces him to drink that potion she has?

OP
TheUnsaid

TheUnsaid

Reputation score
I wonder what her normal attack is?

In Parade Buster all enemies had a clearly defined weapon. Whether it was a crossbow, or sword, or kunai.

The pharmacist and geisha enemies don't have weapons, so what will excessM do when it comes to attack animations? Is it going to be physical like a kick or something? I wonder if she'll be a ranged enemy that throws potion bottles instead.

Justsomeone99

Reputation score
Maybe it will be like the priestess in parade buster, she'll just seduce you and heal enemies, other than sexual attacks of course

OP
TheUnsaid

TheUnsaid

Reputation score
Maybe it will be like the priestess in parade buster, she'll just seduce you and heal enemies, other than sexual attacks of course
Oh god I hated that enemy.
What's worse is that Ponya, who they're paired with NEVER uses physical attacks. She doesn't even foreplay. Ponya always goes for sex, and she has endless sex, so she doesn't hop off if you cum.

Justsomeone99

Reputation score
ok so talking about combat, how do you think it will be? since there will probably be some changes and additions to the combat, for example, what do you think they did to fix the OP flash counter? and other things you have in mind too so we can talk more on this thread lol

OP
TheUnsaid

TheUnsaid

Reputation score
ok so talking about combat, how do you think it will be? since there will probably be some changes and additions to the combat, for example, what do you think they did to fix the OP flash counter? and other things you have in mind too so we can talk more on this thread lol
The only thing in combat I can mention is the weird camera scrolling thing I saw. I hope it's not indicative of the final game. I don't like the idea of some enemies being off screen and having to scroll the camera to see them.

Dan Druff

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
This discusses the hideaway system. If the player is supposed to be a ninja, he should employ some stealth tactics against the enemies. He will either escape or attack. His chance for escape is low if the enemy is good at sniffing out stealth tactics or if his own skill is low. His attack is an instant kill on regular enemies or lots of damage on a boss.

shinryu

Reputation score
This discusses the hideaway system. If the player is supposed to be a ninja, he should employ some stealth tactics against the enemies. He will either escape or attack. His chance for escape is low if the enemy is good at sniffing out stealth tactics or if his own skill is low. His attack is an instant kill on regular enemies or lots of damage on a boss.
wait so is this a stealth game or are there side quests that are stealth?

Lazyrick

Reputation score
wait so is this a stealth game or are there side quests that are stealth?
Looks like it's just a feature. the game is still fighting, but there will be times when you are outnumbered and can't win head-on. you can hide and run away, clearing the area, or try to assassinate, which boosts your attack greatly, but risks being spotted (and assumably being forced into the battle or captured maybe).

gemstoner75

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
The system reminds me a bit of the other system of Yumesame, where you basically had a panic button that could be used to clear to room while getting no XP for it.
Now you got a panic button you can use in two different ways.

Lazyrick

Reputation score
The system reminds me a bit of the other system of Yumesame, where you basically had a panic button that could be used to clear to room while getting no XP for it.
Now you got a panic button you can use in two different ways.
I don't know if i'd call this a panic button. Assassinating lets you oneshot mooks, but the post only said you could be spotted doing so, and not what happens if you get spotted. Maybe an instadeath? or zerg rush of enemies? hide and run is closer cause it'll let you progress without combat, but the dev mentioned characters being able to prevent running, and toyed at the end about managing to run away, but potentially being chased by the first group into a second group.
I don't know how often we'll need to use this system, but I imagine there'll be sidequests where you can't kill anyone, or where you can't be spotted.

Dan Druff

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
This discusses clothing damage similar to Parade Buster where defeated enemies will lose their clothes. Sometimes the player destroys the enemy's clothes without defeating the enemy which stuns the player and gives the enemy a chance to attack. The assassination move would crush the enemy because the player closes his eyes when he performs the move.

gemstoner75

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
This is about the menus and options of the game and the different color schemes for the enemies.

I'm glad there's going to be an option to turn off the blood effects.
I'm not squeamish about blood at all, but it feels a bit incongruous in a game like this for me.

Strange

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
😅 I'll just remark that until now we've been fine with women being (chronologically): slashed with a rusty knife, brutally bludgeoned with a soccer ball, hacked/stabbed/mauled with various contraptions, punched to death with brass knuckles, split into little pieces with an enormous axe.
And we have the nerve to call women irrational, sometimes...

Thanks for keeping us up-to-date all the same. Keeps me/us from checking ExcessM's DLsite every week for an announce page with trial.

gemstoner75

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Yeah it's funny what the addition of a little blood effects can do, eh?
As long as there's no visible wounds the weapon can be the size of a double-decker bus and yet we still wouldn't consider it brutal, but the moment someone smears ketchup all over the screen, that's when the illusion suddenly drops.

Dataslycer

Cthulhu
Reputation score
Soccer balls?! Knives, axes, and knuckles are fine but soccer balls is where I draw the line with cruel and unusual punishment. Where's your humanity?!

OP
TheUnsaid

TheUnsaid

Reputation score
😅 I'll just remark that until now we've been fine with women being (chronologically): slashed with a rusty knife, brutally bludgeoned with a soccer ball, hacked/stabbed/mauled with various contraptions, punched to death with brass knuckles, split into little pieces with an enormous axe.
And we have the nerve to call women irrational, sometimes...

Thanks for keeping us up-to-date all the same. Keeps me/us from checking ExcessM's DLsite every week for an announce page with trial.
I'm pretty sure nobody finds Soul Calibur gruesome because even through all of the stabbing and slicing and crazy sword combat, the effects are tame, and everyone shrugs it off.

In these kinds of games, you're not killing the enemies either btw. You're just defeating them. In Parade Buster a previous enemy you defeated shows up again. 3 of the 4 knights show up twice, and the long range shield boss shows up twice, so you're clearly not killing anyone in that game. Also the amazon boss shows up in the colliseum and so on and so forth.

Add blood effects and well... Now you're not defeating them. You're straight up killing / dismembering.

BTW the blood effects are OFF by default. They're a new effect, that he put in a lot of work to include, and even ExcessM has them OFF by default.

Last edited: