What's new

ACT Shota [ExcessM] 廻るハゴコロ / Mawaru Hagokoro (RJ325142)

OP
TheUnsaid

TheUnsaid

Reputation score
I didn't mean that in a negative way. It's just nice to have some clarity on that front.
Though it's still not going to be easy for non-native speakers considering how many different system this game seems to incorporate.
Isn't that par for the course in hentai games though?
Like... most of the good ones are Japanese. To actually enjoy this genre you gotta get used to machine trans eventually.

Triplebrc

Reputation score
The vast majority of eroge can be played while having no idea whats going on, as most are so easy that it can be done with brute force, the harder ones merely require some trial and error. I can only think of about half a dozen games that are so hard or tricky to play that one would most likely get stuck thanks to the difficulty, and ExcessM was not even in the same league with the difficulty for any of his games so far, so I doubt there will be problems with that. The most likely thing to get stuck on in eroge are either puzzles or required fetch quests with well hidden items, and I do not see either happening to any noticeable degree in this game. Sure I expect to not understand fuck all of what I will be doing most of the time, gave up on trying to keep an overview over all the features weeks ago, but then again I had barely any clue of what I was doing in Parade Buster either aside from fighting, you could still beat the game without using any feauture aside from fighting.

Dan Druff

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
This introduces the time system. I'm not too sure what it does. I think certain action consume time, and the player only has so much time to prepare for the enemy. If the time runs out, the enemy changes teams which wastes the efforts of the player. However, the player may want to advance time intentionally to change strategy. Less preparation time will be available on the higher difficulty.

gemstoner75

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Guess it's to prevent players from making the encounters too easy by spamming those other available missions like the reconnaissance and also that trader thing (?).

Triplebrc

Reputation score
The system seems to be intended for sabotage, either affecting enemies instantly in exchange for consuming some time or having no immediate effect but crippling enemies after some time has passed. On the picture it mentions enemy army strength, 100% offensive and defensive in one picture with the girl looking normal and both massively reduced in the second one with the girl looking concerned, so I guess you can affect certain enemy types with effects, reduce their number or their stats, time depends on difficulty and which boss you are going for. In the last pic it shows the mc getting fucked, not sure if this picture is related to this feature, the text does not mention it. Could be a normal loss scene, or a strategy to appease the enemy, or getting caught during one of the sabotage acts or during sleep to pass time, which I hope is a thing to switch things up a bit.

Justsomeone99

Reputation score
This introduces the time system. I'm not too sure what it does. I think certain action consume time, and the player only has so much time to prepare for the enemy. If the time runs out, the enemy changes teams which wastes the efforts of the player. However, the player may want to advance time intentionally to change strategy. Less preparation time will be available on the higher difficulty.
It makes me think of the "don't escape" series, where you have a set amount of time to prepare fpr things and almost every action takes time.

Maybe it will be something like, you go to the location, they explain what's happening and then give you a timer(it may be gradual or only some certain things take some time, then depending on what we did various things will happen, maybe increased or decreased number and difficulty of the enemies, maybe something else, please note that i didn't read the post I'm just basing my thoughts on what you wrote

Strange

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
...so the MC is a ninja?
I get ya, mate. The more I read, the less I understand wth this gamu is about...

But isn't that the best thing? We'll play the demo (sometime this year?) being completely clueless about what to expect :giggle:

Dan Druff

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
This discusses victory and defeat. You consume time to play a mission, but you can play it again without consuming time after clearing it once. Losing is similar to the previous game where the player has three options: retry, view the defeated scene, or retreat. There is a penalty for retrying such as decreased stats. The article does not mention any penalty or time lost if the player chooses to view the defeated scene, but time is greatly consumed if the player chooses to retreat which may also reset the strategy.
This discusses the gallery function which remains largely unchanged from YUMESAME. You must defeat the enemy before all of its stuff is available in the gallery. When it becomes available, you can view the animations and the defeat scene. You can also fight the enemy, but I think the colors are randomized. This is a small update to the gallery function which transitions from trampling to naughty attack. This expands on the previous post even more by changing up the defeated scene lines based on the personalities and sizes of the enemies involved. It also describes the penalty in retrying the stage by giving the enemy an advantage on the player.

Last edited:

Triplebrc

Reputation score
The newest post gave me some trouble to understand what he actually wanted to say in detail, here is what I came up with after throwing it through several translators and dissecting the kanji with jisho, maybe someone more experienced with japanese can clear this situation up.

The naughty events mentioned here seem to be different from the losing events of past works, that much is specifically mentioned. They do not seem to be full on game over events but more like punishment events for repeatedly losing to enemies, for which there will also be the ingame punishment of weakening the players stats. Unlike scripted/static game over scenes that, as we have seen before, will most likely also happen at least on bosses and the like, these events here are much more dynamic, having mechanics to factor in different personalities of the girls involved, their respective body types, and certain character combinations, all having the potential to deliver different text during these scenes, the goal here is to make scenes more unique depending on who you lose to. The third to last block of text is still confusing to me and I have given up trying to fully make sense out of it at this point. At the end he mentions that comments will be open under the post that has the trial in it, and he will consider player feedback for the end product.

Personally I liked the real game over events because they added more context than just someone riding the main character and repeating the same 3-5 lines, and the last game had the most of that so I hope he does not cut back on them too much. More elaborate scenes not instantly leading to a game over is something I am definitely in favor of though, because an orgasm or two dooming a character for life has always been something that has annoyed me a bit unless there are solid reasons explaining how a character can be stopped from escaping 24/7 indefinitely. Watching all of these recent posts about events and the gallery defnitely makes it seem like a lot of thought was put into that part of the game this time.

gemstoner75

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Love the different bodytypes. Do you like em thin or thicc?

Strange

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Love the different bodytypes. Do you like em thin or thicc?
Still thicc. This is ExcessM. If it's thin it's underage. :ROFLMAO:
And gimme that option to reduce boobs size as well!

Very good news none the less - most of their works lacked variations between the clones of an enemy type. I'm glad to read they're adressing that flaw seriously.

gemstoner75

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Still thicc. This is ExcessM. If it's thin it's underage. :ROFLMAO:
And gimme that option to reduce boobs size as well!

Very good news none the less - most of their works lacked variations between the clones of an enemy type. I'm glad to read they're adressing that flaw seriously.
My man. :A

Lacked variaton, but had more different enemy types. This game is mostly just variations of "Feudal Japanese Warrior", though not ultimately a bad thing.
But seems like one of the first games where there's going to be absolutely no shrinking or gts content. :(

Reputation score
My man. :A

Lacked variaton, but had more different enemy types. This game is mostly just variations of "Feudal Japanese Warrior", though not ultimately a bad thing.
But seems like one of the first games where there's going to be absolutely no shrinking or gts content. :(
Sorry to echo your post but... My man...
There's already one shrinking scene confirmed, with the shrine maiden.
It's only one scene but hey, it's one of the things you're hoping for at least!

Strange

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
mostly just variations of "Feudal Japanese Warrior" [...] :(
To be fair, Japanese Edo/Meiji outfits are crazy hot on females. No wonder sex crimes were rampant back then. :geek: Who needs JKs or OLs?
More elaborate scenes not instantly leading to a game over is something I am definitely in favor of though, because an orgasm or two dooming a character for life has always been something that has annoyed me a bit unless there are solid reasons explaining how a character can be stopped from escaping 24/7 indefinitely.
I'll echo this as well. Not only am I fed up with the "you gotta Game Over to unlock this" trend, but the perk existed in Kaiyume and was well implemented (it was pretty fun letting MC be defeated once or twice at the start of every stage, as a challenge).

gemstoner75

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Sorry to echo your post but... My man...
There's already one shrinking scene confirmed, with the shrine maiden.
It's only one scene but hey, it's one of the things you're hoping for at least!
Oh true.
Completely forgot about that one. There's hoping on of the major bosses also has something along the lines of that.

To be fair, Japanese Edo/Meiji outfits are crazy hot on females. No wonder sex crimes were rampant back then.
True, true.
Tho considering the shortness of some of those clothes not sure how historically accurate they are. ;) Or maybe Feudal Japan was suffering from horrible cloth shortages.

Dan Druff

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
This seems really close to releasing a trial. It focuses on different camera angles during the attack. You can choose to focus on the point of attack or the faces of the enemies, or you can cut the view altogether and just stick with the default view which may obstruct some things.

gemstoner75

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
He tweeted that his next ci-en post will be a day late.
Maybe because he's finishing up the trial version? 🤔

Justsomeone99

Reputation score
That's what we all hope for, but I don't know if we will be deluded this time.
On another note, i always thought something like, this is shota stuff right? Doesn't it make it kinda pedophilia? I'm just wondering because i actually don't know the genre of this game, and the age of the characters, but usually shota means kid, that's what makes me grind my gears thinking of the meaning of it, the mods maybe will remove this, but idk, I was just curious