What's new

Exile in the Candy Kingdom

R

Ryka

Princess Bonnibel Bubblegum, one of very few people left after an apocalypse on Planet Earth. This is a story of a fate that would be surprising of this individual.

But first, let's recount how she became a princess. And how she is made.... of candy.

It was a week after the apocalypse. Evil was reigning to try to menace and kill the remaining straddlers. The survivors of a giant chain of events leading to the wipeout of most humans. Bonnibel, a teenage prodigy at the time, began experimenting. Some people had to be sacrificed, some skin had to be found. She had definitely seen blood. She tried anyone's dream at this point. To make everything like it once was.

Bonnibel tested for years. Ran out of test subjects. She was suicidal. She decided that she needed one more experiment, and it was on herself. Hoping to the fates that it will decide for her whether she lives or dies, she injects DNA into her heart. Her blonde hair turned pink. Her skin as well! Her entire body felt squishy and almost with no viscosity. She fainted, thinking fate had gave her the all unpopular decision.

A day later, she woke up. She wanted to be in heaven but instead, to her surprise, she found that her experiment worked! Maybe, just maybe...

Bonnibel went to a local graveyard and used another concoction. Peppermint. She reanimated a young man, though he was different. Due to how long gone he was, he took on a new mind and conciousness.... but was still breathing. Bonnibel was ecstatic about this. So more and moree people, she made. To stop the evils of the world and giving the land once more, a breath of fresh air.

It was no longer Earth and Bonnibel was wondering if she should rename this rebuilt planet. Bonnibel came up with a temporary name of Ooo. To see how her planet comes around. The ground was still evil, but her kingdom, which she rightfully created, was not.

Though the people were made of candy, there were a few humans still. But only one had the courage to make himself known. That is Finn. Years have passed and Bubblegum developed a friendship with him and his companion of a dog named Jake. Whom was also fused with the candy DNA.

But Finn and Jake one day stopped coming around. It was rumored they were in search of an old fairy friend and have never came back since. But the kingdom stands strong with Bubblegum at the throne.

As Princess Bubblegum commanded the kingdom without Finn and Jake's help, things have gotten rocky fast. Innocent lives have been lost due to their absence. Bubblegum was to try to fix things. She simply couldn't. More and more lives were lost and a new princess came along. Princess Hariko Applecider. She commanded the kingdom under Bubblegum's watch in a resistance movement. With little deaths compared to Bubblegum's rule. She has been in trouble.

Bubblegum is seen at her throne when her peppermint butler came in. "Princess! Terrible news!" Bubblegum looksed to him and tilts her head. "Butler? What's wrong? You sound like-" The butler butted in and said it simply. "You, my once leige, have been exiled You are to pack your things and leave the candy kingdom to the back of the Apocalands!" Bubblegum glared at her butler. "This has got to be some kind of joke! Why am I being exiled?" The butler looks to the side. "Bonnibel.... The gummy dog village was destroyed by a giant beast. They called for a hero but they didn't get one. Your princessmanship has been given to a resistence officer of the name Applecider."

A.) Go insane at him!

B.) Go only a little insane at him to tell him what you think.

C.) Be calm and pack up...

Aztlan

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
Re: Exile in the Candy Kingdom

C. Royalty must be calm.

Iggy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

C.

OP
R

Ryka

Bubblegum thinks about becoming insane with royalty. But now is not the time. Especially to her first creation. "I understand and I will leave this kingdom at once. But do tell me how long I have to pack." The Peppermint Butler looked up at her. "I have been told by the people that you have a week, but I can stall them for as long as you need. I only wish the best for you. I swear allegiance to this Applecider but I will alway remember your stories of how I was born." Bubblegum sheds a tear. "I... I will miss you, Peppermint Butler."

With that, Bubblegum packs up her belongings. She looks at various pictures on the wall, which need to stay for kingdom purposes. She sighs and packs more and more. It takes about two weeks to pack up her stuff. She has a lot of items with her, should she face trouble in the Apocalands.

Afterward, Bubblegum takes a secret detour underground to stay out of the sight of possibly rioting people, knowing that Bubblegum has stayed for longer than she should.

She is now wearing a red T-shirt and red shorts. Having to leave her bubblegum dress in the castle. She climbs out of a tunnel to see a dark field. The horizon lined with twisted trees. She is now in Hollowgrove. Apocalands 1.

"First order of business is to overthrow Applecider from her throne by redeeming myself as royalty. This should be easy, but unfortunately, my negligence over the fine people of the Candy Kingdom has put a wrench in the works." She looks around, then thinks for a bit.

A.) Pull out a portable tent to sleep in for the night.

B.) Find a town in this wretched place.

C.) Explore for more items.

Aztlan

Reputation score

B.

Iggy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

B.

OP
R

Ryka

Bubblegum thinks about setting up camp. It's safer out in the wild than in a town. There are full of impure minds in the Apocalands... But decides to head into a town anyway. She eventually arrives in Hollowdeath Town. It looks like a ghost town, the way everyone is inside. It looks to be late now. The bar and inn is open but to think... a bar? In the Apocalands? She puts two and two together quickly...

"I don't like the looks of this dump. It seems risky to just crash here until daybreak. But I can redeem myself if I just talk. I'm sure there's someone sober in the bar and inn...."

A.) Bugger out of here!

B.) Go inside the bar and Inn.

Iggy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

B. Surely she'll be safe.

Aztlan

Reputation score

B. To avoid votelock I guess.

OP
R

Ryka

Bubblegum takes a deep breath, then walks over to the Bar & Inn. A bunch of drunk Darklikes, humanoid in appearance but pale like vampires, are in the background, checking her out. She looks around then to the barkeep/innkeep. "Hello. My name is Bubblegum and I would like-" A drunkard call out "a one night stand! Bawhawhaw!" Bubblegum widens her eyes, then looks to the corner of her eye. "Th-that.... kind of language is unheard of in my kingdom...!" She then turns her attention back to the Innkeeper as the drunkard feigns obedience, backing off. "I would like a room please." The drunkard yells out "Aaaaaaaaaaaw yeaaaaaaaah!" Bubblegum turns back, glaring. "Excuse me but I have to be inebriated to accept that! Now quieten down, you wretch!" The drunkard stifles a laugh. She then nods to the Innkeeper. The vampiress then nods back. "This way."

Bubblegum is lead toward the nicer part of the building. The inn. It seems quiet at this hour. A safe kind of quiet. Bubblegum is lead to a room to settle down in. She takes a rest for the night. It isn't as comfortable as the ex-princess is used to, but it is able to be slept in.

Day rises and Bubblegum wakes up. There is a breakfast made next to her. A breakfast of meat. Apparently, nothing but meat is consumed in the Apocalands. She eats at the sausage and minute steak, thinking on what to do next.

A.) Adventure Time!

B.) Try to make relations with the townsfolk.

Iggy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

B. For now...

Aztlan

Reputation score

B.

OP
R

Ryka

Bubblegum finishes her meal, thinking she should make relations with the townfolk in safety rather than go out adventuring. The very ground is evil, she should remember. She then goes out into the town. It seems gloomy. The Darklikes hustling around though like any other town would. Then suddenly, her former classmate, Marceline the Vampire Queen, queen of all Darklikes made an appearance. People seem to come from all over to get just a handshake from her.

Marceline was in her class before the apocalypse. She offered to hold shelter from the cursings sweeping the planet. But Marceline said she didn't trust 'nerds' when she could 'simply hide', causing her to become a Darklike. Vampire in a human sense.

".... I had no clue she lived here.... Though I could guess by the way she looks..." Bubblegum stares right to Marceline as she makes public relations with her people. "This should be my first challenge as exiled princess. Relate enough to outmatch her." Marceline winks to everyone and goes off to dolphin surf. As she is.... edgy like that.

Bubblegum looks around. She sees a happy mother Darklike and her three children, and a man who seems to be not too happy and seems to be upset about something.

A.) Relate to the mother.

B.) Relate to the man.

C.) Stalk that Marceline!

Iggy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

A.

Aztlan

Reputation score

A.

OP
R

Ryka

Bubblegum walks over to the mother. She politely introduces herself. "Greetings. I am Ex-princess Bubblegum of the candy kingdom." She smiles to the mother, who just smiles back. She looks to her clothes. "Hello. My name is Fass. And these are my three boys. It's nice to see someone from the candy kingdom! But....." She looks to her clothes. "You shouldn't be wearing red. Us Darklikes love the color red. Anything red, we eat. And I doubt the police will like you without your.... red clothes." The boys laugh. "Hold on. Let me find you some Darklike Clothes.

Fass then goes into her house with the boys. They rummage through and find an outfit that also has a way of turning Bubblegum's pink skin white. They are short clothes. The top is in tatters from the tummy. And there are black jeans as well. The mother comes out and hands the clothes to Bubblegum.

"Here you go. And.... not to force or anything, but you can put your clothes up for the meat market if you so choose. Again, no forcing things!"

Bubblegum laughs. "Hahah, there is no problem. I tend to like my red clothes though so I have to politely decline. But still, thank you for the warning and outfit! I shall change my clothes when I get the opportunity.

Relation point +1

Bubblegum smiles as the mother goes back into her house, tending to her boys. The man passes by, groaning. But off in the distance is a Darklike girl playing guitar, feeling like she is missing something.

Warning: The Darklikes seem to smile at Bubblegum, eying her red shorts and top.

A.) Find a place to change

B.) Relate to the man

C.) Relate to the rocker

Aztlan

Reputation score

A sounds like a safe bet.

Ryu Doppler

Reputation score

A. Time to slip into something a little more hospitable.

Iggy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

A.