What's new

Fanfiction

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: Fanfiction

How can there be so much fanfiction posted of my favourite 1 player game of all time (FF8), and all of it yaoi? ;_;

You people are mean.
Because most of the fanfic I read is yaoi and about the only woman people want to write/read about from FF8 is Quistis (or Shiva.)

Also, because Jesus hates you and so do I.

((Nah, seriously, on the site I browse most, the hetero pairings wind up either being mixed with yaoi or all angsty and "deathfic" which, quite honestly, I'd rather read about boys having sex than people dying.))

aika

El Presidente
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

the only woman people want to write/read about from FF8 is Quistis (or Shiva.)
Actually considering Selphie is my favourite video game character of all time...

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

Unfortunately, you wouldn't know it from the fanfic writers. She tends to be portrayed as the annoying kid little sister or the hyperkinetic ball of endless energy that people either love or hate. The "And then it rained" portrays her well, but most of the other stories I've seen her in, she's either been a pest or "Irvine's girlfriend." Sometimes both. Admittedly, I went the "pest" route somewhat in my one story (that I haven't put up yet. Give me time.) but I kept her role to a minimum until the later portion of it but in "Guardian" I tried to make her sweeter.

Also, I did say "about the only woman," and you've proven that statement true. It's just hard to ignore the chick with the whip and glasses.

Twisted

Mega Ultimate Jungle Girl 2000 Redux Z
Reputation score

Hate to keep bringing it up, but Misadventures of Selphie... none of that is true XD Hell, from what I remember, she spends more time getting pounded by GF's than she does around Irvine.

OP
Goldstein

Goldstein

Lurker
Reputation score

It isn't just FF8, of course. Fanfic writers do those sorts of things to female characters quite often. It's rather irritating, to me at least, especially yaoi is not my favorite cup of tea and I quite enjoy Kingdom Hearts. That fandom is frightening at times.

Kusanagi

Chief Nippleseer
Reputation score

It's rather irritating, to me at least, especially yaoi is not my favorite cup of tea and I quite enjoy Kingdom Hearts. That fandom is frightening at times.
"Sora's massive Keyblade throbbed at the sight of the new keyhole..."

Yeah, sometimes that stuff scares the hell outta me o_O

I really need to get FF8 and quit mooching off my cousin when he comes around, don't I... >.<
From what I've played, though, it's not hard to see why Selphie is portrayed as she is in most fanfictions she's in. That said, I would like to see more fanfiction with her shown in a better light.

And now for something (not so) completely different:
Cloud X Auron... I CANNOT UNSEE WHAT I HAVE SEEN AAAAUUUGGGHHHH!!!

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score

There are few female characters i like anyway.

Like in Gundam Wing, Relena. Annoying pink bitch. KILL HER ALREADY, IT'S WHAT SHE WANTS!

*cough*

anyway, I will read het, just not very often because honestly the women in games/anime/books are annoying in Canon. Fucking Ginny. No purpose but to be a gorram love interest and make babies. *stabs*

I do like Hermione though... :3 I actually LIKE the Hermione/Ron canon pairing. I like it so much it takes and extraordinary story to use a different one. Ron/Harry just makes my brain explode after i vomit all over the floor.

OP
Goldstein

Goldstein

Lurker
Reputation score

I actually rather liked Ginny. But, eh. To each their own. But, I will ask you how are the women in games, anime and manga are annoying to you?

Twisted

Mega Ultimate Jungle Girl 2000 Redux Z
Reputation score

"Sora's massive Keyblade throbbed at the sight of the new keyhole..."

...Auron...
Speaking of Auron. There needs to be more Rikku x Auron.

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score

I actually rather liked Ginny. But, eh. To each their own. But, I will ask you how are the women in games, anime and manga are annoying to you?
I dunno. It's just something about certain characters that annoy the whale snot out of me. Especially the love interests cause they always gotta be saved or some shit. No. Save yourself gorramit.

>.>

I have much love for Samus/Master chief pairings.

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

There are few female characters i like anyway.

because honestly the women in games/anime/books are annoying in Canon.
Chibi... how can you say that and only use a small amount of examples. There are plenty of female characters I like in games/anime/books.

Rubi Malone, Tarantula of Wet. (I absolutely love Rubi's character).
Zelda from Ocarina of Time. Kerrigan in Starcraft. I like Lt. Dare from Halo 3 ODST. Miranda Keyes from Halo 2 and 3. Zoey from Left 4 Dead. Jenny from The Darkness. Rayne from Bloodrayne. Leliana, Morrigan, and Aurora from Dragon Age: Origins. The women of Assassin's Creed II. Yep, all the main female characters. Jill Valentine, Claire Redfield, Sheva, and others from the Resident Evil series. Anya from Gears of War. Jennifer Mui from Mercenaries 1/2, and Shepard from Mass Effect (depending on the player's choice. Amusingly enough played by Jennifer Hale who played Jennifer Mui). There are more female video game characters I like.

In anime. Claire, Teresa and many others from the Claymore series, Blue from Wolf's Rain, the vampire from Blood. I could go on, and start approaching the books part of your comment, but I shall not.

There are many, many women out there in cannon who are not annoying, and who can work great in pairings. Jill Valentine and Chris Redfield has been hinted at so god damn much in the games.

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

You liked Miranda Keyes? I thought she was annoying, though the bad lines might have had something to do with it.

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

... Chibi, how did said whale snot get into you?

Edit:
Chibi... how can you say that and only use a small amount of examples. There are plenty of female characters I like in games/anime/books.

Zelda from Ocarina of Time. Kerrigan in Starcraft. I like Lt. Dare from Halo 3 ODST. Miranda Keyes from Halo 2 and 3. Zoey from Left 4 Dead. Jenny from The Darkness. Rayne from Bloodrayne. Leliana, Morrigan, and Aurora from Dragon Age: Origins. The women of Assassin's Creed II. Yep, all the main female characters. Jill Valentine, Claire Redfield, Sheva, and others from the Resident Evil series. Anya from Gears of War. Jennifer Mui from Mercenaries 1/2, and Shepard from Mass Effect (depending on the player's choice. Amusingly enough played by Jennifer Hale who played Jennifer Mui). There are more female video game characters I like.

In anime. Claire, Teresa and many others from the Claymore series, Blue from Wolf's Rain, the vampire from Blood. I could go on, and start approaching the books part of your comment, but I shall not.

There are many, many women out there in cannon who are not annoying, and who can work great in pairings. Jill Valentine and Chris Redfield has been hinted at so god damn much in the games.
Who? I don't remember that character (If you are talking about the main character, they have a different last name for every race/background combination).

Last edited:

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score

Rubi Malone, Tarantula of Wet. (I absolutely love Rubi's character). Who?
Zelda from Ocarina of Time. Love interest. Save yourself goddammit. Kerrigan in Starcraft. again, who? I like Lt. Dare from Halo 3 ODST. not played it yet. Miranda Keyes from Halo 2 and 3. Bad lines, horribly annoying child riding on her father's coattails. Zoey from Left 4 Dead. Jenny from The Darkness. Rayne from Bloodrayne. Leliana, Morrigan, and Aurora from Dragon Age: Origins. The women of Assassin's Creed II. Yep, all the main female characters. Jill Valentine, Claire Redfield, Sheva, and others from the Resident Evil series. Again i ask... who? Anya from Gears of War. Jennifer Mui from Mercenaries 1/2, and Shepard from Mass Effect (depending on the player's choice. Amusingly enough played by Jennifer Hale who played Jennifer Mui).Again i ask... who? There are more female video game characters I like.

In anime. Claire, Teresa and many others from the Claymore series, who? Blue from Wolf's Rain, Eh, she was okay, not my favorite, and the flower girl was even worse. Little pink thing... *grumble* the vampire from Blood. Who? I could go on, and start approaching the books part of your comment, but I shall not.

Jak and Daxter, Keira. her know it all personality and voice.
Kairi Kingdom hearts, useless in both games. USELESS.
Winry. She serves the same function as Ginny, only with some comic relief, she has NO development in the anime. Manga is a different story. Waaayyyy different.
Princess Peach. Useless love interest. Save your goddamn self.
The new chick in Twilight princess who serves the same purpose as Saria in previous: SAVE YOURSELF. Don't wait for the Goddamn HERO to do it for you. Worthless.

Pretty much every useless pretty girl that needs to be saved.

Blegh. I could go on, but I'd have to dig out games I haven't played in years to go on, and The anime I've seen... oh wait, Kagome, and Kikiyo. Both of them selfish bitches.

aika

El Presidente
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

The most useless "needs-a-male-to-save-her-ass" female character I've ever seen is Nao from Liar Game. Watch it. Facepalm repeatedly.

NB: This does not stop Liar Game from being one of the most awesome series I've ever watched.

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

What about princess peach? She needs plumbers to save her because the monsters that take her don't rate anyone more powerful.

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

And now for something (not so) completely different:
Cloud X Auron... I CANNOT UNSEE WHAT I HAVE SEEN AAAAUUUGGGHHHH!!!
I love how with Dissidia being released, there's a whole new mix of pairings that have become "canon." And screw that scream. Auron's hot for an older guy. I just hate how they make Tidus look like he's 12 whenever they pair him with him. Now Cloud x Auron, I'd read that.

Speaking of Auron. There needs to be more Rikku x Auron.
There was a fantastic Aurikku (or however they spell it) on the site "Final Fantasy Loveshack," which, sadly, does not exist any longer. (This is why I've taken to stealing fanfics and saving them on my computer. If anyone can find an active link for them for me, I luv you forever.) It was not only lengthy (spanning the scope of the game), but it explained why monsters had gold and random crap that you got off of them after fights, had great interaction between the characters, and had an ending that made me cry almost as much as the real game did. I have seen a few Auron x Rikku doujinshi but they're not a prevalient as some of the other stuff. Again, in the case of female characters getting left behind, Yuna and Lulu tend to get paired up more often than Rikku does. Although I've also seen Rikku x Gippal from FFX2.

lurker

Hentai Master
Reputation score

Continuing off that list, you has Meru, Shana, and Rose from Legend of Dragoon, Kairi, Namin'e, and Xion from KH, Nova (r.i.p.) from SC Ghost.... ya, can't say all female characters are suck.