What's new

Fantasy of Mana

???

Cthulhu
Reputation score
:mad:

That tears it! Yet another goddamn RyonaRPG update, and I'm sick of this! I'm just gonna go ahead and make a game, then...I'm gonna start posting updates in this thread...and change the title...

Last edited:
Re: I'm so pissed...(Title subject to change)

wut?

Kobe-U-Mad.jpg

Hmm, at least I'm not the only one puzzled and confused.
But, I wonder... If you do actually manage to even start a game, let alone actually make one; What are you planing for it?
I mean, if we are going to play at the thought that this will one day have subject matter, what will the matter of the subject be?
Just wondering...

Sadly, I have a feeling I know exactly what he's talking about.

He's been looking at on a near constant basis, hoping for an update to ROA or another action-type game. He finally saw a file over 1MB in size, got hopeful and DL'd it, then got disappointed when it was yet more add-ons for RyonaRPG. I feel for him a bit, since I too hope to see more of ROA.

But to ???, good luck with your game.

I'm sensing some doubt...fair enough....just wait and see....:cool:

I'm sensing some doubt...fair enough....just wait and see....:cool:

Ahem
Right way to do an internet project:
- Have skills, experience and a portfolio
- Get a team of people at similar skill level
- Plan development and how much time will be needed
- Start working
- Announce and publish accurate previews after a good amount work is done
- Involve the community for testing

Wrong way to do an internet project:
- Have no experience
- Have unreliable partners
- Post a bunch of "ideas" without actually showing you can put them into practice
- Never use capitalization or punctuation but apologize for your "grammer"
- Don't actually start working, never post previews
- Waste everyone's time in a "Wouldn't it be cool if" internet forum circlejerk
- See the shitstorm roll in
- Project dies after 10 forum pages (the death of the project is more accurately predicted in number of forum posts rather than months)

Well...this is why I said "fair enough". I'm not blaming doubt, I'm just saying.

And by the way, those guidelines sound like they're for complicated net projects. I'm just gonna make something simple and probably build on it...

Well...this is why I said "fair enough". I'm not blaming doubt, I'm just saying.

And by the way, those guidelines sound like they're for complicated net projects. I'm just gonna make something simple and probably build on it...

That certainly makes you not qualify for:

- Post a bunch of "ideas" without actually showing you can put them into practice

But no, those rules are for games in general. Sadly, my own project appears to have halted entirely as the person who was helping debug it has disappeared.

Sadly, I have a feeling I know exactly what he's talking about.

He's been looking at on a near constant basis, hoping for an update to ROA or another action-type game. He finally saw a file over 1MB in size, got hopeful and DL'd it, then got disappointed when it was yet more add-ons for RyonaRPG. I feel for him a bit, since I too hope to see more of ROA.

But to ???, good luck with your game.

Does tortoisesvn work with ROA?

umad?

Attachments

• The-Madman.jpg
    The-Madman.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 0

- Get a team of people at similar skill level

I think this should be upgraded, if you have skill and can do some of everything is more efficient to do it on your own than as a team effort. Most of the time you end up with someone not doing his part or bailing out (be it for lack of interest or personal problems) slowing down the rest. Then you have arguments between team members about the actual development of the game which potentially leads to a premature end to the project (seen this countless times).

Having a team of skilled people is rarely a good thing, unless everyone is seriuos about completing the job and there is a clear, strong, leadership. Better yet if the leader has everyone's phone number.

The reason teams work in gaming industry is cause everyone works to keep their job and they can't argue what the boss says. On a general basis, when talking about free products a solo project has way better chances to see completion than a team effort does.

Rather than getting a team of "people with skill" i would go for "serious and hardworking Stakhanovists", skills can be developed a lazy ass won't wake up cause you need him to.

Just an animation preview, along with a description:

So I'm thinking something along the lines of futuristic. Perhaps a kind of post apocalyptic, future setting. The enemies probably cyborgs and/or mutated creatures of sorts.

The main character:
-wears an upgradable suit that can be torn/broken off when attacked
I'm thinking:
-chest pieces
-shoulder pieces
-and maybe shoes

You get an array of melee attacks as well as some other weaponry to play around with. I'm also thinking of pitching in a megaman-isc thing, except getting raped in some cases will give you new abilities(but that's probably down the line)

These are just basic, unrefined animations to batch with this idea pitch of mine. No objections, and I'll continue working...

Attachments

• Anim Preview.zip
    226.8 KB · Views: 1
Re: Android 070

You plan on animating that scarf around her neck? Or is that not what it is?

Huh, a well drawn and animated character already?

My my, this project might actually have hope

Joined just for this sadly enough. If you need pixel sprites you can try giving me a shot assuming you can't do it (I'm a very busy man but it'd be free.). I also feel the proportions aren't 100% right; specifically the head. However, we're not a particularly whiny bunch in this area from what I've noticed (been a long-ass time lurker...). I say we lightly, so kindly don't take offense. ;)

Alternatively, I like the pace this is going. If I may, hidden user content is always full of win and love. I don't care if it's humor, beta animations, or what. Always, always, always on a good sidescroller make breakable walls and walls you can go through with hidden goodies. It makes games so much more... fun~ You might also want to try inserting a few well versed burns if you make a plot line versus any slow artist who has frustrated you <3 That will make for an awesome double whammy.

Well, I'm done being annoying for now. Let me know if I'm not welcome and I'll just go back to lurking from the shadows D:

P.S. I approve of this thread.

looks promising ??? but u forgot to add an anime of her molesting herself that would of got ppl supporting u even more i think.

anyone think the same thing as i did raise u'r hands

*raises hand*
great animations kinda reminds me of mitsuko

Back