What's new

ACT [ Finish Doll ] [ フィニッシュドール ] Emulis of the Valley of Magic / 魔法の谷のエムリス RE167037 RJ167037

batman21

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
Re: 魔法の谷のエムリス(ACT)

anime-sharing link

Handy

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

The link provided by the asashi person(thank you!) behind me has the gallery unlocked. I tried to play it but i dont even known how to save the game though... the game it self feels very corky probably because for the animations... the art its not bad thought. This game reminds me of alice in wonderland( or nightmareland maybe?).

Reputation score

Turns out it's actually pretty bad. Animations seem to be missing about half their frames, the voice acting is pretty poor, and the gameplay overall is very boring.

Balmunk Fezarion

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

I think the author should have used stuff like AfterEffects or Live2D for animations, he spent like 2 years hand drawing them frame by frame, only ended up having awkward 5fps animations like these. Big companies like Studio Ghibli can afford to have each frame of their animations hand drawn like that but indies should just use some kind of software. Hand-drawn animations are too slow and inconsistent.

Hitboxes are crap, menu buttons are floating around for no reason, spiders can just be ignored, you can break the game by jumping over the ending part of the stage. Apparently the stage transitioning must be done on ground.

Very good artwork in my opinion but he/she should have worked with a programmer or something to speed up the game production and improve its quality. This is a waste of his/her artistic talent.

facefull123

Demon Girl
Reputation score

The link provided by the asashi person(thank you!) behind me has the gallery unlocked. I tried to play it but i dont even known how to save the game though... the game it self feels very corky probably because for the animations... the art its not bad thought. This game reminds me of alice in wonderland( or nightmareland maybe?).
in the menu bottom option loads last death. Does anyony know how to get her clothes to break?

Balmunk Fezarion

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

in the menu bottom option loads last death. Does anyony know how to get her clothes to break?
Can't break her clothes, but according to the manual if you enter the witch tower or something at lv3 or below you can play naked.

monomulti

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Turns out it's actually pretty bad. Animations seem to be missing about half their frames, the voice acting is pretty poor, and the gameplay overall is very boring.
That's sad to hear. I was waiting on this game for quite a while since the art looked so good. I guess if the author drew each frame manually then we know why it got delayed so much. I wonder if the author will ever do an "animation fix" patch or just move onto the next game.

LustFire

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

I had my suspicion a long time ago, and I wished I was able to communicate with the artist. It might a weird case of animation just not being a compatible work for them, and I'm speaking as someone who's working on improving both CGs and animation.

Enlit3D

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

I feel that this is another game that had a lot of hype but little substance.

The programming side of things can be done in 1 month, or maybe 2 tops.

So the question is whether the hard-drawn sprites are worth the long wait, inconsistent hitboxes and meh gameplay? I think not. The art in Atelier Tia is much better despite using a faster skeleton animation to do the graphics + superior game play.

If not for the carefully chosen "marketing" material this game has very little going for it. Unfortunately that seems to be the norm for ACT H-games and I think people should support more devs that cares about putting out quality game play.

monomulti

Sex Demon
Reputation score

If not for the carefully chosen "marketing" material this game has very little going for it. Unfortunately that seems to be the norm for ACT H-games and I think people should support more devs that cares about putting out quality game play.
Yeah, the CGs felt extremely inconsistent in quality to me. The ones previewed on the blog were very nice but then the rest of the CGs in the game look rushed and drawn by a completely different person.

UnexpectedTwist

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Yeah, I'll have to admit this was a bit of a disappointment for me. The art is good and all, but there's plenty to say about this game that could be improved. Like people already said, the frame rate of the animations could have been better, and sometimes they can look a bit awkward. I didn't really have that much problems with hitboxes. I kind of abused the jump kick a lot. The problem is that most enemies don't flinch when you hit them, and so they can still attack you after you attack. Not to mention that you can't restore health without using the TAB cheats.
Oh, right. Should mention that pressing tab will bring up a cheat menu that you can use to affect your stats or progress through different stages.
Speaking of stages, I think this game was on the short side. Quality was ok, but quantity was on the low side. I think it only took me about 20-30 minutes to beat, and that was me trying to lose to all the enemies.
The sound was...well, it was pretty bad. The voice for the main character was rather annoying, and sound effects for everything else was minimal. There were a lot of repeating sounds when enemies did their animations, and a lot of them weren't consistent or were not even there.
Overall, I would probably rate this game a 4.5/10. If it wasn't for the fact that a couple enemies cater to one of my favorite fetishes, the rating would have been lower, and I would have deleted the game already. Also, just a personal gripe, I thought the ending was weird and anticlimatic. I wish there were more boss battles and more enemies that had more than one defeat animation. And better sound. That can really help, in my opinion.

Hamger

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

so they have a futa enemy that doesn't have any h-animation and only CG. Worse game ever wth.

Nicko

Lurker
Reputation score

This was so incredibly bad. Inconsistent hitboxes, uninspired gameplay and fucking weird sound design. Just avoid this one, the animations aren't even worth your time.
What a fucking piece of shit.

Cupio

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

I wasn't expecting much from this game since I hate guro and tentacles (something this game seems to be full of, base on the previews) but given how much you people seem to dislike this game, there's a good chance I might actually like it.

Dataslycer

Cthulhu
Reputation score

I wasn't expecting much from this game since I hate guro and tentacles (something this game seems to be full of, base on the previews) but given how much you people seem to dislike this game, there's a good chance I might actually like it.
The others are disliking it not because of the contents of the game but rather the game-play, frame, and sound.