What's new

Re: [RPG][Full Flap][RJ171742] Shin-Sei-Den

Hey guys, does anyone have a copy they can link me through PM?

It seems all that's left for him to complete is one H picture and three non-H ones; either that or he already made the H picture. I think it's the latter.

The pink-haired girl will tell you where you need to go should you find yourself lost while going through the extra content.

The English translation is coming along well, but FullFlap doesn't like the way the English font looks, so he's personally redoing it.

Question here. Is it possible to have r4pe the female enmies or reverse? I already read the description and lurked the thread unsuccesfully.

Question here. Is it possible to have r4pe the female enmies or reverse? I already read the description and lurked the thread unsuccesfully.

Pretty sure all the H content is in the galleries. If it ain't there, it don't exist.

Pretty sure all the H content is in the galleries. If it ain't there, it don't exist.

more accurate please. I didn't finish this game and there has been alot of updates.

No, all H scenes with enemies are them having sex with Partner. The protagonist rapes her at inns if you sneak into her room at night and her affection is low, though; those are the only instances of the protagonist raping a character.

Is there a way to repack the resources files after you extract them?

Is there a way to repack the resources files after you extract them?
I don't see the point when the engine itself and this game in particular support unpacked assets, but if one absolutely must rebuild .wolf archive, Wolf RPG Editor can do this (detailed in the next post).
Its unofficial English version is available here (cross-posted from Editor thread)
moddb.com/engines/wolf-rpg-editor/downloads

On topic: there's a new blog entry with TL;DR being "Happy New Year", no mentions of English release whatsoever.
I also hate "Partner" as the girl's name with passion. They should just romanize her name as Patna/Patona and be done with it, there's no need for a translation. Even using something awfully neutral as "Girl" still sound more compassionate than that robotic Partner.

Last edited:

I don't see the point when the engine itself and this game in particular support unpacked assets, but if one absolutely must rebuild .wolf archive, Wolf RPG Editor can do this.
Its unofficial English version is available here (cross-posted from Editor thread)
moddb.com/engines/wolf-rpg-editor/downloads

On topic: there's a new blog entry with TL;DR being "Happy New Year", no mentions of English release whatsoever.
I also hate "Partner" as the girl's name with passion. They should just romanize her name as Patna/Patona and be done with it, there's no need for a translation. Even using something awfully neutral as "Girl" still sound more compassionate than that robotic Partner.

But transcribing the Japanese would still make her name "Partner," just said in a Japanese way; it's not a translation, just writing an English word in a proper English-spelling way. That wouldn't do anything.

Her name does sound impersonal, though. Perhaps for the English translation, to achieve the same effect as her original name, they could have changed her name to "Aibou."

But transcribing the Japanese would still make her name "Partner," just said in a Japanese way; it's not a translation, just writing an English word in a proper English-spelling way. That wouldn't do anything.

I really didn't want to argue about transcription/translation/transliteration of proper nouns, especially names of persons.
パトナ is her canonical name (pic related: i.imgur.com/T97axAg.png );
names are never translated;
conversion between different writing systems is called transliteration;
transliteration (in this case romanization) of パトナ is Patona;
her name is a homonym (homophone) of English word "partner";
katakana version of "partner" as used in Japanese is written "パートナー";
thus the proper English rendition of her name which also preserves the word play in the pronounciation is exactly
Patna and nothing else.

I also realized that simple rebuilding of the game's archives in Wolf RPG Editor won't work because they will be encrypted with default WolfRPG key while legit Shinseiden archives are encrypted with custom keys.
So if we really wanted to rebuild them properly, we'd have to take resulting .wolf files, decrypt them and then reencrypt them with custom key.

This is how it's done:
Code:
xor.exe Data.wolf data.raw 0xB39DA084D737531FF1081880
xor.exe data.raw data.dxa 0x98B5E3E8A29485D3A124F191
where:
xor.exe is an program called "Xor 0.2" from aluigi.altervista.org/mytoolz.htm
Data.wolf is an output of the latest version (v2.10 from 2013/07/23) of WolfRPG Editor
data.raw is an intermediary unencrypted DXLibrary (DXライブラリ) archive and
data.dxa is a final archive encrypted specifically for the full version of Shinseiden.
XOR keys are in the format supported by both xor.exe and DXExtract programs. data.dxa and set.dxa files are encrypted with the same XOR key. Trial version's archives are encrypted with 0xA496FD2AC7D69BF9AB248091 key.

Ah. I didn't know that the way her name is written differs from the word. I went in half-cocked. Sorry, you're absolutely correct.

I'm also embarrassed that I confused "transcription" and "transliteration." I can't ever seem to keep the two straight.

names are never translated
That's not entirely correct for fiction. The most common example is children books. But it's unrelated since there is no translation here.

katakana version of "partner" as used in Japanese is written "パートナー"
Maybe author just sucks at katakanization and her name in English was intended to be Partner from the very beginning without any wordplay. It definitely wouldn't be the first time it happens in Japanese games

New update on the blog.

It seems that all work is done for the additional episode, all that the author has to do is to finish "checking" before release which he says might take a while.

Also that the English version will be bundled with the Japanese version but only for a limited time, for at least two weeks. (Although it's not guaranteed that it will be that long I assume).

4 new characters will be in the new episode, they are shown in silhouettes.

The update is compatible with your old save so no need to replay the whole thing. Plus the Japanese saves can be used with the English saves.

And lastly it looks like Patna's name is "Aika" in the English version.

That about sums it up.

Last edited:

The update seemed to take a lot more time than FullFlap's usual updating rate.

Finally, the wait will soon be over. It'd be really nice if the extra content provides a least some challenge, because the main story is easy to the point of boring.

I guess Aika's better than Partner. Patna amused me though.

I hope it will get released this month. The anticipation is killing me.

It says in his blog that the english version would be up on 25th, so tomorrow?

Is it going to include the new episode or something?

It says in his blog that the english version would be up on 25th, so tomorrow?

Is it going to include the new episode or something?

Damn! You beat me to it! Lol,

"KamiTadashiden and English Release Date of been decided.
It is January 25th."

By the way he worded it,

"KamiTadashiden AND English release"

The "and" being the keyword
I would assume so.

Hype levels are above excited.

Didn't expect it that fast oO. Something to look forward to tomorrow.

Back