What's new

Game/Console Developers

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score
A place to talk, discuss, moan or otherwise voice your opinions on the various game and console developers.

Anyway, Im getting it as soon as it comes out. I've never been one to 'side' with a particular games company, but Nintendo knows its stuff when it comes to handheld consoles.

Kusanagi

Chief Nippleseer
Reputation score
Re: Game/Console Developers

Seems they crapped out on backwards-compatibility, though.

Only way you can migrate pokemon now, it would seem, is if you buy the game from the shop and start over, but even then I don't know if that's how it's gonna work. You may just be screwed in terms of migrating pokemon.

Well, unless you keep the older DS model with you for migrating purposes. But that's an extra step that they really didn't need to make you do.

Even so, Nintendo is the portable leader.

I still like my Sega Game Gear, though :p

Momiji

Lurker
Reputation score

God fucking DAMMIT, ANOTHER GAME BOY I HAVE TO BUY NOW, FUCK YOU NINTENDO!!!

That being said, I will get this first day it comes out.

Nunu

Despot
Former Admin
Reputation score

Caulder

Is completely fucking irrelevant. And he's a bitch
RP Moderator
Reputation score

aika

El Presidente
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

It has been reported that the DSi utilizes for DSi-specific software

RMan

Lurker
Reputation score

The PC is the oldest and bestest of all consoles. And always will be.

OP
SirOni

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

Seems they crapped out on backwards-compatibility, though.

Only way you can migrate pokemon now, it would seem, is if you buy the game from the shop and start over, but even then I don't know if that's how it's gonna work. You may just be screwed in terms of migrating pokemon.

Well, unless you keep the older DS model with you for migrating purposes. But that's an extra step that they really didn't need to make you do.

Even so, Nintendo is the portable leader.

I still like my Sega Game Gear, though :p
Yeah I know, sucks about the backwards compatability, but I carry both my PSP and DS with me wherever I go, so another handheld wont be too much bother. Oh and I'll be buying another PSP because the one I have is hacked so I cant/dont know how to update it which means I cant play all the new awesome games out for it.

Lumarin

Lurker
Reputation score

Yeah I know, sucks about the backwards compatability, but I carry both my PSP and DS with me wherever I go, so another handheld wont be too much bother. Oh and I'll be buying another PSP because the one I have is hacked so I cant/dont know how to update it which means I cant play all the new awesome games out for it.
Actually, updating to the latest just requires you to get the update file from something like psp-hacks.com and the updater for your hacked firmware, likely dark-alex's hacks.

If you go into your settings and find the version number/name of your hacked version, I'll see if I can find you the updated version and post links to it here.

Caulder

Is completely fucking irrelevant. And he's a bitch
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Now thank you, I prefer my 360. If any other console has a shooter as bloody and gorey and awesome as the 360 does ((Gears 2 = awesome)), then I'll maybe buy it. Until then, Imma stick with my 360, and my ps3, if only for the final fantasies

Unknown Squid

Aurani's Wife
Reputation score

Here's my say. (Sorry about refusing to write in a coherent manner.)

PC and 360 is what I have. Bioware, Bethesda, Crytek, Bungie, Team Ninja, Planet Moon, Rare, Gas Powered Games, Cave Dog, Valve, and more I forget. They make good games. Games with exploring and story, games with shooting and expert slicing, games with short cockney spacemen with jetpacks and nude women, games with foul squirrels and ladies with cameras, games with armys of thousands of robots at your control, games with crowbars and crabs.

I wanna say that one again. Short cockney spacemen with jetpacks and nude women. Plus blue giants, two foot scotsmen and suicidal japanese aliens, an evil queen that's french, while all her henchmen speak german, nifty helicopters, exploding potatoes, and not to mention two legged cows that must be exploded and have their souls collected to progress. That, is how you make a game. RIP Planet Moon. T_T

Hmm... Also, EA has got to stop screwing with it developers and just let them make good games for once. Farcry Instincts should never of existed. EA told Crytek to make a console port, they say no we're busy. EA says, fine, we just bought the rights to Farcry and we're gonna give it to some noobs who will make a dysfunctional game for angry kids who think they are dinosaurs. Crytek says, oh crap, they can do that? And they did. Thank god that Crytek are the ones behind Farcry II.

I must also mention the little guys, like who ever it was that made that Braid game, they rule. Nifflas is a genius and an artist. Those guys who made 'N', they rule too. Then there's some guy called Line Marvin, maybe you've heard of him? Can't boast about his release dates though.

My favourite developer? Can only be Team Shanghai Alice. The one man army that turned butterflies into messengers of death. Here's a pic of the entire team.

ZUN

You brilliant beer loving bastard. It's all your fault.

Kusanagi

Chief Nippleseer
Reputation score

#1 Short cockney spacemen with jetpacks and nude women. Plus blue giants, two foot scotsmen and suicidal japanese aliens, an evil queen that's french, while all her henchmen speak german, nifty helicopters, exploding potatoes, and not to mention two legged cows that must be exploded and have their souls collected to progress. That, is how you make a game. RIP Planet Moon. T_T

#2 Hmm... Also, EA has got to stop screwing with it developers and just let them make good games for once. Farcry Instincts should never of existed. EA told Crytek to make a console port, they say no we're busy. EA says, fine, we just bought the rights to Farcry and we're gonna give it to some noobs who will make a dysfunctional game for angry kids who think they are dinosaurs. Crytek says, oh crap, they can do that? And they did. Thank god that Crytek are the ones behind Farcry II.
#1: ..... I MUST KNOW OF THIS GAME!
:p
Sounds highly interesting.

#2: /agree
The only thing lately with the EA logo I like is Tiberium Wars. It was bundled with 'C&C: First Decade', but First Decade keeps giving me a 'Cyclic Redundancy Check' error... which is bullshit. The disk is scratched up, and it's NEW.
ARRRGH.

Unknown Squid

Aurani's Wife
Reputation score

I love describing that game. Makes it sounds utterly insane. Which is somewhat true. The game would be Giants: Citizen Kabuto. Originally on PC, but was also released on Playstation 2 and Mac I believe. Best on PC naturally. It's one of those games that "back in it's time" had simply stunning graphics. I think it's draw distance broke the record at the time. It is pretty old now.

A cut scene. (no sissy pre rendered stuff either)

Some gameplay. Though he missed some stuff I'd have shown.

Great fun, and just plain awesome. They weren't afraid of making something different and that couldn't be classified. And as such the game received great reviews, and failed miserably commercially. ¬_¬

It's hard to get a proper picture of what's actually happening there, as externally it looks like some fairly generic third person shooter. But the way it played was quite brilliant. I always wanted to try it's multiplayer, but back then my computer couldn't cope with that.

Also unfortunately the American and PS2 versions were censored in the form of underwear for Delphi. The European Delphi wore only that see through skirt, still no texture down there mind.

OP
SirOni

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

Awesome, looks like I'll have to do some hentai of Delphi at some point.

Unknown Squid

Aurani's Wife
Reputation score

That's the spirit. I couldn't find any Delphi pics in my quick search. So I think rules 34 and 35 come into play here. Sparring a mod to remove the skirt and add details to the skin, but I don't think that counts.

Edit - Wait, I also found this messed up glitch screen shot. Though it still doesn't count really.

Last edited:

ShadowWolfSBI

Chief Spam Hunter Why Are You Making Me Do This
Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Let me look. I might actually have such a mod, Squid.

EDIT: Well, I have a mod that somewhat does that. It makes Delphi fully textured. She's still wearing the see-through skirt, and the skin color is changed to a human-norm flesh tone.

Here's the link to where I got the file from originally:

Last edited:

Unknown Squid

Aurani's Wife
Reputation score

A skin toned Delphi? That sounds creepy somehow. Thanks for the link though. Maybe I should try installing the game on my laptop, it's been a while since I fired those jetpacks. See if Vista will run it or not.

OP
SirOni

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

Oh god, Vista. The bane of all old games. Too bad I have VistAID's too.