What's new

RPG RPG Maker Localization [GapTax] 斬穿姫エクスエル / Zansenki Exuer (RJ280179)

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
S

SaveTheData

Lurker
Reputation score
GapTax was really good with the release of the translation I did for Rasia and released it on both English and Japanese DLsite, so I imagine this one will make its way to both too.

It'll likely be the same as with Rasia - the patch/translation files will be zipped, so you'd need to extract them and overwrite some files.
I'll include a txt file in the zip archive providing instructions on what needs to be overwritten.

OP
S

SaveTheData

Lurker
Reputation score
Hello!
I managed to translate all of the in-combat H-dialogue over the weekend.
Overall, there's still quite a bit to go, though.

I'm working on the H-scenes now.

Darnbob

Reputation score
Hi! Thanks so much for your contribution. Could I ask how far you are in translation of the H-scenes?

OP
S

SaveTheData

Lurker
Reputation score
Hello!
My apologies for the delay in my response. I attempted to access the site yesterday but kept getting Error 521 messages.

I've currently finished:
all of the Material List text,
half of Melissa's scenes,
two or three of each of the other main characters' scenes,
most of the masturbation scenes,
all of the in-battle H-dialogue
plus whatever was translated in the demo.

The demo version of this was the first thing I ever translated and, quite frankly, it really showed,
so I had to go back and spend a bit of time cleaning up the translations for those scenes, which slowed me down a little.

Darnbob

Reputation score
Hello!
My apologies for the delay in my response. I attempted to access the site yesterday but kept getting Error 521 messages.

I've currently finished:
all of the Material List text,
half of Melissa's scenes,
two or three of each of the other main characters' scenes,
most of the masturbation scenes,
all of the in-battle H-dialogue
plus whatever was translated in the demo.

The demo version of this was the first thing I ever translated and, quite frankly, it really showed,
so I had to go back and spend a bit of time cleaning up the translations for those scenes, which slowed me down a little.
Awesome! Sounds like a lot of work. Do you have an estimation of when the whole patch will be finished?

OP
S

SaveTheData

Lurker
Reputation score
Honestly, I really don't know how to estimate the amount of time it'll take.
Simply based on the map count alone, I'm about 40% complete, and I started around the middle of January when the major bug fixes were implemented (though I was also working on another game at the same time).

However, I'd still need to playtest, to refine the translations, as I want them to be as good as I can make them. So, please take whatever timeframe assumption you make from the statement above with a few bags of salt!
At the very least, I can get all of Melissa's scenes done by the end of this week

Ryuki_time

Reputation score
Honestly, I really don't know how to estimate the amount of time it'll take.
Simply based on the map count alone, I'm about 40% complete, and I started around the middle of January when the major bug fixes were implemented (though I was also working on another game at the same time).

However, I'd still need to playtest, to refine the translations, as I want them to be as good as I can make them. So, please take whatever timeframe assumption you make from the statement above with a few bags of salt!
At the very least, I can get all of Melissa's scenes done by the end of this week
Take your time bro. I'm really looking forward to see this game with a really good translations

OP
S

SaveTheData

Lurker
Reputation score
Thanks for the support, guys!
Sorry for not keeping the thread up-to-date, I'm pretty much using all of my time to work or translate.

As promised, I've translated all of Melissa's scenes. Now, I'm working on the next heroine's scenes.

Trails of Cold Steel 4 is coming out on Steam in a few days, which I've been looking forward to a lot, but hopefully, it shouldn't impact my pace too much.

Ryuki_time

Reputation score
I don't know if this has already occurred to anyone else here yet but there's a bug that if you download the 1.05 version and lauch the game, you'll get an error status 0xc000012f.
To fix this, you can use the nw.dll file from previous versions of the game like 1.04 or 1.03 and replace the 1.05 one. I hope this helps.

vanafaye

Reputation score
Any update? Played through your demo and thought you did a wonderful job. Really hoping your project is going well.

OP
S

SaveTheData

Lurker
Reputation score
Hello! Thank you for the compliment.

Everything is going fine, I'm working through the next heroine's scenes now.
But, with Golden Week (consecutive national holidays) coming up here in Japan, I should be able to get even more done!

OP
S

SaveTheData

Lurker
Reputation score
Hello!
It's going well. I've almost finished all of the second heroine's scenes, as well as some of the outdoor masturbation scenes.
I lost a little time during Golden Week as I needed to move my site over to a new host, but I should be able to completely finish up the second heroine's scenes during the weekend.

bone34

Reputation score
Hello!
It's going well. I've almost finished all of the second heroine's scenes, as well as some of the outdoor masturbation scenes.
I lost a little time during Golden Week as I needed to move my site over to a new host, but I should be able to completely finish up the second heroine's scenes during the weekend.
I'm glad to hear the progress you've made. You're doing great so far. I'm looking forward to enjoying Zansenki Exuer in translated glory.

LexiTV

Reputation score
Thank you for doing this! Also people let's give him some space. Asking "how is progress?", "how far are you", "when can you release it" will not improve the release speed but may cause SaveTheData stress and burn him out.
Also please don't apologize for not responding or updating... just translate the game however you want to and whatever you release, regardless how good the translation actually is, is a huge gift for us all.

OP
S

SaveTheData

Lurker
Reputation score
I'm glad to hear the progress you've made. You're doing great so far. I'm looking forward to enjoying Zansenki Exuer in translated glory.
Thank you for doing this! Also people let's give him some space. Asking "how is progress?", "how far are you", "when can you release it" will not improve the release speed but may cause SaveTheData stress and burn him out.
Also please don't apologize for not responding or updating... just translate the game however you want to and whatever you release, regardless how good the translation actually is, is a huge gift for us all.
Thank you for the kind words, guys!
I don't mind it at all when people ask for the status of the translation - it keeps me on my toes, and focused on getting the translation done.
But, again, thank you very much for your consideration! Honestly, it really made my week.

In regards to the translation itself: I had to take a little time to go over some scenes again.
For some of the H-scenes, I've had to make some of my own assumptions because of some text errors that still exist in the newest version.
There are some scenes where the MC is doing stuff with one heroine but says things implying she's actually doing those things with another heroine, or where a totally random character has a line of dialogue in a scene where they aren't present. The former are quite easy to resolve, but I got caught up a little on the latter.

For now, however, I've resolved all of the errors I've come across, and all of the second heroine's scenes are done!

Status
Not open for further replies.