What's new

RPG RPG Maker Localization [GapTax] 斬穿姫エクスエル / Zansenki Exuer (RJ280179)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bone34

Reputation score
Thank you for the kind words, guys!
I don't mind it at all when people ask for the status of the translation - it keeps me on my toes, and focused on getting the translation done.
But, again, thank you very much for your consideration! Honestly, it really made my week.

In regards to the translation itself: I had to take a little time to go over some scenes again.
For some of the H-scenes, I've had to make some of my own assumptions because of some text errors that still exist in the newest version.
There are some scenes where the MC is doing stuff with one heroine but says things implying she's actually doing those things with another heroine, or where a totally random character has a line of dialogue in a scene where they aren't present. The former are quite easy to resolve, but I got caught up a little on the latter.

For now, however, I've resolved all of the errors I've come across, and all of the second heroine's scenes are done!
No problem, take your time.

I just want to ask, will the translated version be sold separately from the JP version? Although I already bought the JP version, I don't mind purchasing it again if it's the case, to support your hard work. ;)

OP
S

SaveTheData

Lurker
Reputation score
Hello!

Considering GapTax took the time to roll the English patch into the original listing of Rasia, I imagine they'd be doing the same for Exuer.
Thus far, I'm happy to say only one of the games I have translated ended up as a separate listing (Futanari Dark Elf). But, thankfully, it has a low price tag, which gets even lower during sales.
Thanks to all of you, it's actually sold quite well as a standalone title when compared to the original.

While I am translating games in order to help developers get more sales (and hopefully make more of the games I like), I'd really like to avoid double-purchases.
All I ask is that you leave some feedback or reviews here and/or on DLsite. But, the sentiment is really appreciated!

I'll check with GapTax again when I hand off the translation to them, but I'm pretty sure it will just be a matter of updating the copy you've already purchased.

Also, I should have some more info in regards to the progress of the translation in the coming days.

karnaa

Reputation score
Looking forward to this one, have played through every game that SaveTheData has translated!

OP
S

SaveTheData

Lurker
Reputation score
Looking forward to this one, have played through every game that SaveTheData has translated!
Thank you very much for your kind comment! I really appreciate it. I'll do my best to make sure the translation is something worth waiting for.

I'd like to apologize for the late update. I said it would be in the "coming days", but my day job has been a little hectic recently, pushing back things a little.

Below, I managed to throw together a quick visual guide for what's already been translated (crossed-out). Note the scenes that have not been translated for the first 2 heroines are their ending scenes. I will be translating these, plus the third heroine's(?) ending scene, alongside the three scenes in the top-right (in the enemy section), which are also ending scenes.
Please excuse the overall quality - I don't have Photoshop on this PC because... screw SaaS.
In addition to what's shown in the image the following have also been translated:
  • all non-H text (NPC dialogue, weapons, items, etc.),
  • battle text (including H-text),
  • interface (including material list/spankbank, intel list, etc.),
  • outdoor masturbation scenes,
  • and dialogue for all of the posters.
I am currently working on the third heroine's(?) scenes in the bottom-left of the image.

In regards to the third heroine(?): in the demo/trial, I translated his name as Hal, but I have changed this to Haru as... he's a "bishounen" character who draws manga.
I've also changed Queen Dina to Queen Deena, as that is how her name comes up in event handlers, and I'd like to try and respect the way GapTax wanted it pronounced.

And, next up is a poorly-organized, mental unload:
I'm also currently considering changing the main character's name from "Lin" to "Rin".
Rin sounds, like... younger and stronger (to me, at least), but then her full name would become Rinda - or something with an accented E at the end - and I don't think I've ever heard of anyone with such a name before. While her full name doesn't come up too much in-game, it would still bother me a little.
Then again, having her name as Rinda Reece would also work with the whole hero-name alliteration thing.
On the other hand, I could have her name as Linda Leese - I've seen the word "Leese" in some minor online dictionaries to mean release/loosen, which would work for the corruption theme... but the definition was from minor online dictionaries.
Or... I could just keep her name as Lin/Linda Reece.
If you guys could let me know your thoughts on this, that'd be great.

Anyway, please look at the attached image for the current status. And, hopefully, I can get back to you guys with another update - slightly more expedient than this one was, I hope. Progress June  2021.jpg

AoEidolon

Lurker
Reputation score
That's difficult since the description page in English lists her name as Rin, but Rinda is not a name in English. I'd say cheat and have her full name as "Linda Reese" but leave her shortened name as Rin. However you go about that it will have some problems though.

bone34

Reputation score
Anyway, please look at the attached image for the current status. And, hopefully, I can get back to you guys with another update - slightly more expedient than this one was, I hope.View attachment 39700
Thanks for sharing your progress and don't worry about it. Take your time.

I'm also currently considering changing the main character's name from "Lin" to "Rin".
Rin sounds, like... younger and stronger (to me, at least), but then her full name would become Rinda - or something with an accented E at the end - and I don't think I've ever heard of anyone with such a name before. While her full name doesn't come up too much in-game, it would still bother me a little.
Then again, having her name as Rinda Reece would also work with the whole hero-name alliteration thing.
On the other hand, I could have her name as Linda Leese - I've seen the word "Leese" in some minor online dictionaries to mean release/loosen, which would work for the corruption theme... but the definition was from minor online dictionaries.
Well, if you use Google Translate on Gaptax's October 2019 article, the main character's name is spelled as Linda Reese, but maybe that's just the translator.
But IMO, Linda Leese would sound cool because of the superhero alliterative name trope and that Leese, like you say, would work for the corruption theme. As for her shortened name, maybe you could go with Lynn.

Ryuki_time

Reputation score
Thank you very much for your kind comment! I really appreciate it. I'll do my best to make sure the translation is something worth waiting for.

I'd like to apologize for the late update. I said it would be in the "coming days", but my day job has been a little hectic recently, pushing back things a little.

Below, I managed to throw together a quick visual guide for what's already been translated (crossed-out). Note the scenes that have not been translated for the first 2 heroines are their ending scenes. I will be translating these, plus the third heroine's(?) ending scene, alongside the three scenes in the top-right (in the enemy section), which are also ending scenes.
Please excuse the overall quality - I don't have Photoshop on this PC because... screw SaaS.
In addition to what's shown in the image the following have also been translated:
  • all non-H text (NPC dialogue, weapons, items, etc.),
  • battle text (including H-text),
  • interface (including material list/spankbank, intel list, etc.),
  • outdoor masturbation scenes,
  • and dialogue for all of the posters.
I am currently working on the third heroine's(?) scenes in the bottom-left of the image.

In regards to the third heroine(?): in the demo/trial, I translated his name as Hal, but I have changed this to Haru as... he's a "bishounen" character who draws manga.
I've also changed Queen Dina to Queen Deena, as that is how her name comes up in event handlers, and I'd like to try and respect the way GapTax wanted it pronounced.

Anyway, please look at the attached image for the current status. And, hopefully, I can get back to you guys with another update - slightly more expedient than this one was, I hope.View attachment 39700
You're our hero man

OP
S

SaveTheData

Lurker
Reputation score
Thank you everyone for the input in regards to the MC's name!
For now, I'm going to keep it as-is and look into it again a little later.

As promised: a slightly more expedient, but relatively small, update.
  • I have translated 3 more scenes for the last heroine(?).
  • And it turns out one of the scenes in the top-right was the trashcan scene, which I'd already translated during the demo, so... progress?

I'll be translating the scene to the left, on the top-row, of the last heroine's(?) block next.
After that, the file order gets a little mixed-up - and I don't want to accidentally overlook/miss some scenes - so, the scenes after that will be:
  • one of the sub-characters (the sister/nun),
  • then the second heroine's ending scene,
  • then two scenes for one of the monsters/enemies (the electric one),
  • and THEN it comes back around to the last heroine's(?) cosplay scenes.

Hopefully, I can get most of these done during the week!

Attachments

OP
S

SaveTheData

Lurker
Reputation score
Hello! Sorry about the radio silence.
So, I threw together another image to show my current progress again.
Unfortunately, I think I'm going to have to go back to the second heroine's ending scene again.
There are a lot of lines that don't translate into English well, and I'm not really happy with how I've translated it at the moment. It's a big scene, so I want to get it right.

I'm probably going to lose a lot of time to work this month, but I'll keep working on this as much as I can.

Progress July  2021.jpg

bone34

Reputation score
Thank you everyone for the input in regards to the MC's name!
For now, I'm going to keep it as-is and look into it again a little later.
Regarding the MC's name, have you talked with the dev about this?

OP
S

SaveTheData

Lurker
Reputation score
Hello! Sorry for not replying sooner.

Regarding the MC's name, have you talked with the dev about this?
That was pretty much what I had decided on doing once I was closer to finishing the transition. There are one or two other names that have been a little difficult to figure out, so I thought I'd just ask about all of them at the same time. Thankfully, the application I'm using, Translator++, allows me to make sweeping changes across the whole project very easily.

Not much to update on in regards to the translation, unfortunately, as I've been focusing on cleaning up non-H scenes to enhance continuity throughout the game.
That, plus summer equals more work at my day job, meaning less time for... pretty much everything.

However, I have all of next week off, so I should be able to make some big progress then.

SoulLess Child

Reputation score
Are you translating using only Translator++ and hook, or do you have the MV Engine as well?

OP
S

SaveTheData

Lurker
Reputation score
Hello! Sorry for not replying sooner.

Translation progress: I managed to complete a large chunk of the H-scenes. There are now 5 enemy-related scenes remaining (2 of which are endings), the sub-character scenes, and the 2 dancing scenes left.
I'm pretty confident I can finish the 3 enemy-related scenes, which are not endings, by the end of this week that should allow me to jump into the sub-character scenes.

I work using Translator++ only. It was easy to pick up, and I don't feel too compelled to try any other programs.

Reputation score
I meant, some would use the game (making) engine/tool as well.
Don't forget ... that thing ain't actually free (technically). You also need to buy it for each version of the RPGM engine/editor too.
Also, if you ain't fluent in JPN it can be somewhat complicated with all the JPN variables in the editor. Same goes for the scripts with a bunch of JPN in them and stuff like that.

SoulLess Child

Reputation score
Don't forget ... that thing ain't actually free (technically). You also need to buy it for each version of the RPGM engine/editor too.
Also, if you ain't fluent in JPN it can be somewhat complicated with all the JPN variables in the editor. Same goes for the scripts with a bunch of JPN in them and stuff like that.
It can make it easier to find a few things/texts.

Status
Not open for further replies.