What's new

Gold and Blood (Archer) (GM = xivvix)

xivvix

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: Gold and Blood (Archer) (GM = xivvix)

Tabitha nods grimly as Mina recounts the perils lurking in the streets, while Eloise simply purses her lips. "It's alright Mina," Tabitha says as the mercenary pauses, "Eloise and I are going to put our fates in our Lord's hands to see us safely to those who can help us." Almost a soon as Tabitha finishes, Eloise cuts in with a laugh, then says, "Help us? Yes, I'm going to find the Badarian army, while you're hoping to get help from the Fey. Who knows what unholy rituals they will have you perform for whatever help they would give." The two look like they are about to begin arguing in their unending fashion once again until Mina's plan brings them both to silence.

"Surely that won't work," Eloise says questioningly. "The demons won't be fooled by us acting like their followers, would they?" Mina's request of Tabitha's clothes has the woman blushes as she looks down at the torn and revealing remains of clothing that she would be trading for. "Mina has spent more time in the streets than we have," Tabitha says, biting her lip, "and I don't relish the idea of having to fight off whatever we come across. Maybe this will work." The young nun slowly removes her habit, prompting Eloise to turn away once again with an embarrassed huff.

While Tabitha changes out of the clothes that have become so integral a part of her life since she became a nun, Eloise asks over her shoulder, "Just what is it you have to do out there? And what will have to do to make the demons think we are really their worshipers?"

Archer

Lurker
Former Moderator
Reputation score

Mina quietly trades her dancer's outfit for the habit, "They will think that we are with them...." Mina raises her head up revealing her ruby red eye, "Because I carry their blood." She pauses for the reaction of shock they would no doubt have. "It's a rather long story but I will say I unwillingly have partaken in the blood of succubi, for a long time I thought it was a curse but it has helped me here several times already on my journey." She looks towards the door, "As for what I must do, I must retrieve something from the factories nearby to make sure several other friends stay safe." Mina gives a slightly wistful smile, "How would I have ever predicted that after years of working alone that just a couple of days in hell would bring me this many people to care about."

After a moment of reflecting on for the first time in a long time having people that felt close to her she clears her throat a bit embarrassed, "Right then....I'll probably have to fight those two if they're still in the hallway. Just stay back a few paces, they shouldn't be too much trouble.....hopefully." Mina slides her blades out of the sleeves of the habit and puts a hand on the door handle. "For what it's worth Tabitha, if you can't find a place to be a nun after this you'd make a decent dancer. You look very stunning in the outfit." She grinned trying to make the girl more at ease with a nice compliment before pulling the door open standing ready to fight the mad humans if they're still there.

(For the record mina put the remains of the cloth armor away, gave Tabitha her dancer disguise *easier to take off than underwear*, and is nude under the habit.....*waits for the crowd to cheer*)

xivvix

Lurker
Reputation score

The two nuns each utter a gasp as Mina reveals her stunning red eye and her partly demonic nature. Eloise in particular reaches out to Tabitha, concern evident on her face. "I-I suppose we can't afford to be picky about who accept help from in this situation," the older woman says after a moment though, allowing the younger to finish removing her habit and hand it to the mercenary. Mina's sly compliment causes Tabitha to flush bright red, as the woman looks down at herself, unused to wearing such revealing clothing.

"Wait, Mina," Eloise says, reaching a hand towards the newly disguised mercenary, but stopping before touching her. "There is another way out of here, through the monastery." She turns and points in the opposite direction that Mina was headed, the hallway fading into darkness as it continues north. "We locked ourselves in this hallway because both the monastery and the cathedral had become unsafe, but if staying off the streets will protect us from the flying things that had been attacking the refugees... and Catherine..." She trails off, wringing her hands, then says, "The monastery opens onto a large street that leads to the factory district. We'd have to walk all the way around the cathedral grounds to reach it otherwise. But after the brothers went mad we stopped going into the monastery. We don't know what's happened in there."

Archer

Lurker
Former Moderator
Reputation score

Mina pauses a moment thinking, "Hmm you have a point, it might mean fighting a few more mad people but if it means coming out closer to the factories and not running around trying to avoid swooping gargoyles it could be worth it." Mina walked towards the opposite door to the monastery, "I'm sorry I couldn't help your friend....I intend to make up for that by guarding her friends as best I can." Mina grabs the door to the monastery and starts to pull on it. "No offense but I hope you didn't have a lot of priests...."

xivvix

Lurker
Reputation score

Neither woman says much as Mina apologizes for Catherine's fate, as neither had been willing to go save her themselves. Instead, they simply follow the mercenary to the door, hands gripping their makeshift weapons tightly, eyes wide with fear. The door to the monastery creaks open, obviously old and worn, revealing the bare walls of the building beyond.

Stepping through the door, Mina finds herself immediately faced with another door, though the hall branches off to her left. By the door is a sign, with lettering much like the one prior to the monastery entrance that says 'Cloister.' The hallway has a door nearby that doubles back the way Mina had come in, it's door halfway opened, and further away another door on the same side. It then continues for some distance before turning to the right around a wall.

Before Mina has much time to consider, Tabitha and Eloise press against her back, both women apparently not keen on being left behind. "The door there is the brothers' dormitory," Tabitha whispers on Mina's left, motioning to the half open door, "I'm not sure how many members of the church lived here, but there are many beds in there. This area wasn't safe for us to sleep in though. The path through the cloister will take us to the northern door faster than creeping through the whole monastery." Eloise, moving up to Mina's right, adds, "But we heard screaming from the cloister before we barricaded ourselves in the hall. The garden might not be safe."

Archer

Lurker
Former Moderator
Reputation score

"More than likely the cloister just served as a giant target range for the gargoyles swooping down on people. I can fly but I don't think I want to try any fights in the air while keeping you two from falling back down. We'll just go the long way. If we run into anything or something grabs onto you don't scream. Lead the way." Mina starts walking down the hallway letting the two keep their hands on her shoulders.

xivvix

Lurker
Reputation score

Stealth(Mina): Pass
Stealth(Tabitha): Fail
Stealth(Eloise): Fail

Mina strides purposefully down the hall, keeping herself alert yet quiet, like any good mercenary traveling through dangerous territory. Her companions, however, are much less experienced. Keeping one hand on Mina's shoulder weakens Tabitha's grip on her makeshift weapon, and the woman inadvertently drags the heavy brass object against the stone wall of the hallway. The loud grating noise echos through the monastery, followed by a rather loud 'Shhh," from Eloise. Unfortunately for them, however, the damage is too far done for any attempt at repairing it.

From the door to their left, the women hear a sudden moaning sound, followed by another, and another, until it reaches almost a chorus of labored wails. Moving forward slightly, Mina can see through the half opened doorway that the brother's dormitory is indeed filled with beds, and there are almost as many mutated humans in torn brown robes to fill them. She is unable to count them as they immediately begin to move towards the door. Mina and the nuns have only a moment before the horde will spill out into the hallway.

(I decided to make a really easy stealth test, and both of the nuns failed spectacularly. Sorry ;))

Archer

Lurker
Former Moderator
Reputation score

"Shi-" Mina quickly pushed Eloise in front of her in the hallway. "New plan, we run like hell, lead the way." Mina grabs Tabitha's hand tightly. "You're about to feel really lucky that outfit is easy to run in, trust me." She ushered Eloise ahead and began to jog with Tabitha holding onto her.

xivvix

Lurker
Reputation score

Dodge (Mina): Pass
Dodge (Tabitha): Pass
Dodge (Eloise): Pass

Immediately agreeing with Mina's new plan, both women break into a run at her urging. As they run past, the door is nearly ripped off it's hinges as a multitude of grasping hands and tentacles reach out towards them. All three of the women are able to slip by, though, and they quickly outdistance the horde of mutated brothers that begins to stream out of the dormitory. The second door on the left opens to a similar view of multitudes of attackers, but the women are already moving past the danger before they can be grabbed.

Eloise points with one hand as she runs before Mina. "The hallway turns right," the shouts, "then continues to the cafeteria. There will be another door to the cloister, and one to the library!" From behind, Tabitha offers, "There's a way out from each of the rooms! Windows in the library, the store room off the kitchen behind the cafeteria, and the cloister gate to the cemetery!" From the sounds behind them, Mina can tell that the women will only have time to try one exit before the horde catches up to them.

Archer

Lurker
Former Moderator
Reputation score

"We'll go out the library window, there should be less chance of demons in there and the horde can't follow us out the window as easily as they might the normal doors..." Mina also hoped for a convenient bookcase to topple to barricade the door.

xivvix

Lurker
Reputation score

As the women round the corner, they each get a quick look at the horde chasing them. The mutated brothers fill the hallway, coming towards them like a wave. The sight is thankfully obscured by the wall, but the sounds echo through the monastery.

Leading the way, Eloise continues down the hall, passing a door on the right, then heading for another wooden door further down the hall on the left. It swings open with a loud creak when she almost rams into it, then creaks again when she shuts it behind Tabitha and Mina. Just as Mina had hoped, a nearby heavy bookshelf is positioned nearby where she is able to push it over to block the door. Only a few moments after, the horde outside can be heard pounding on the thick wood. The door shudders with each hit, but holds, for now.

The library looks like what Mina would expect: stacks of heavy shelves, filled with musty, worn tomes. A few splintering tables with old, plain, wooden chairs surrounding them. The windows the nun had mentioned are small, but not too small for them to fit through. The problem, though, is that they are much higher than Mina expected. Too high to jump to, and the shelves are too heavy to simply move.. "What now?" Tabitha asks, worried.

Archer

Lurker
Former Moderator
Reputation score

"We do this..." She suddenly grabbed both women with one arm each around their waist and held on tightly to them as she launched herself at one of the windows and crashed through the women landing in a pile outside with Mina on the bottom. "I've always wanted to do that." Mina chuckles. "Now that we're outside, which way to the largest factory?"

(I did the math, to go 10 feet up and 10 feet down would be 3+4 energy, quadrupled by carrying two people would be 19 energy spent for that stunt)

xivvix

Lurker
Reputation score

(Math accepted ;))
Mina's Status: HP = 49, P = 42, EP = 36/55; Pregnant
Both of the nuns gasp when Mina grabs them, and scream when they all go hurtling through the air towards the window. Thankfully, the monastery's windows are not thick, so none of the women are injured by the crash, or the resulting fall. The two women are stunned after finally reaching ground, and sit on Mina for a few seconds before shakily getting onto their feet.

"That was... amazing," Tabitha says quietly. "Yes, your demonic powers are incredible," Eloise adds, dusting herself off. She looks around at Mina's question, then points north. The women had landed in a small grassy walkway between the monastery and another building. To the north was another wrought iron fence, like the one she had come through to enter the cathedral, and beyond it a large street. The grassy walkway continues south until it hits the protruding back wall of the cathedral. "On the other side of that fence is Trade Street. It connects the old northern markets and ports to the factory district." Eloise says. From the broken window behind them, the women hear a sudden crash, followed by the angry moans of a hundred mutated humans, wailing in disappointment at having lost their prey.

Archer

Lurker
Former Moderator
Reputation score

"Perfect, hopefully from here on our disguises work and Tabitha's modesty wasn't damaged for naught." She chuckled and gave Tabitha a pat on the shoulder as they began walking down the path. "I know your doctrines say a lot of things about demons and people associated with them but from my experiences here so far I think that demons aren't that different from residents in this plane. There are the good and the bad. Outside this kingdom people cringe at it's name because, no offense, your king is a bit...shall we say....psycho. However it's residents aren't always the case, you both are fine decent women. From what I've heard of the demon plane it's an incredibly harsh place where even the demons have a hard time surviving, incidents like this to most demons are probably one of the few chances they get to replenish their numbers after losing so many to natural hazards or in-fighting, it's the intelligent ones that want to "rule the world". The lower classes seem to just be into it for the sex, not that we should just let them run loose, their brains are just telling them they need to reproduce so they do so." She shrugs.

"And corruption itself seems murky, of course it mutates animals and they attack people but....thats not that different and I don't know about you but I'd much rather have a mountain lion be interested in me sexually than consider me as food. For people my theory is that the harder you fight it the worse the after effects are. I've drank demonic blood and have had some demonic encounters but I feel no different than before all that happened, a tad bit horny at times but no worse than most people who have had a bit of hard drinking. I even know a girl who's as corrupted as a human can be and she is completely fine and happy as the day before all this started, although she does have a tail and tentacles now so she's not entirely the same but she's just as cheery and friendly as can be." Mina chuckled imagining Cherry back at the mansion trying to act serious with all the others probably ignoring her. "So if anything happens while we're out here don't panic, if you stay calm and just let it go instead of exauhsting yourself trying to repress it you'll probably have a much better chance of just coming out of it with a tail instead of your mind completely broken like -that-." She motioned back towards the window they had crashed through.

She grabbed the gate at the end of the path, "Besides, I think Eloise would look cute with a kitty tail don't you Tabitha?" Mina chuckled as she pestered the more serious nun a bit. "Don't worry though, I'll do all I can to prevent that." She slowly pulled the gate open and glanced up and down the road.

xivvix

Lurker
Reputation score

Tabitha blushes at Mina's joke, bringing an arm up to cover her exposed cleavage. Both of the women follow Mina silently as she speaks to them, sometimes looking up at her to gasp in astonishment at speaking things that, to them, sound outlandish. "The-the Lich King... they fear him because of his might," Eloise protests, "And demons that attack us for... simply for sex! Horrid!" Still Mina can't help but notice a twinge of uncertainty in the woman's voice. She falls silent once again as Mina continues bringing a hand up to her chest as she listens to the speech with a mixture of fear and curiosity,

While Eloise quietly absorbs Mina's advice, Tabitha seems much more embarrassed. "A-a mountain lion? Sexually... oh my," she says, bringing a hand to her cheek. "H-horny?! Drinking?! TENTACLES?!" she continues incredulously, eyes growing wider with each word. "Mina, maybe this isn't such a good idea after all."

"Oh calm down, Tab," Eloise interjects suddenly. "It isn't like she's telling us to mount everything we see. Just try not freak out if something does happen." The older nun's words seem to have a calming effect on Tabitha, until she adds, "Besides, I've seen how you look at some of the brothers. Maybe joining the sisterhood during puberty wasn't such a good idea for you." Tabitha's face flushes a bright red until Mina jokes about Eloise with a tail. At this, the younger nun begins to laugh, and it is Eloise's turn to look embarrassed, though she quickly regains her composure. Both of the women seem much more comfortable with the situation after Mina's talk, and they both walk through the gate without hesitation behind her.

The street the women step out on resembles the southern main street, though not quite as large and all the buildings look to be older. Many of the them are damaged, some missing walls or ceilings. Across the street to the north are a line of merchant shops while beyond is the river, while to her south lies the monastery and cathedral she had just escaped from. eastward lies a number of worn down residential areas. To the west is the factory district, and above the many smoke-stacked roofs, Mina can see the uniquely tall building Cherry had told her about.The afternoon sky is darkening as evening draws near, but in the direction of the factory district, the horizon seems to be a dark purplish color, as if darkness is radiating out from the area.

Archer

Lurker
Former Moderator
Reputation score

Mina turns down the west road and quietly keeps chatting to the two, letting the red of her eye glow and trying to remain as stoic as possible. "You are correct, we have to act as undisturbed as possible. Some demons might still try to approach out of sheer lust but should the worst happen they'll move on after it's done hopefully. The others, like succubi and knights, if they realize we aren't serving the demon ruler we'll end up in a dungeon on the other side of that and completely screwed...in many ways." She points at the dark portal glowing behind the factories. "I'll engage any ferals though and just say we're not in the mood, I'm sure that happens plenty in the demon realm."

xivvix

Lurker
Reputation score

Neither of the women say much more as the trio walks down the road towards the factory district. Though this would normally be a well traveled road, it is completely barren now except for broken down carts scattered along the edges. Every so often Mina thinks she hears movement from one of the nearby buildings, but nothing makes it presence known as they pass. It is only after they have walked most of the way to the large factory that something happens to cause the women to stop in fear.

As the women approach the large factory and continue closer towards the demon gate at the district's center, the purplish aura emanating from the gate grows darker overpowering the evening sky. Without warning, the aura changes from a deep purple to a bright orange as a pillar of fire shoots from the ground into the sky. The fire burns so intensely that the women can feel the heat, even though it's origin must be several blocks away. The roar is so loud that Tabitha coves her ears, while Eloise curses, though Mina cannot make out the words. The flames continue to burn for almost a minute before disappearing just as quickly as they had erupted. With the fire gone, the purplish aura returns, but Mina can hear numerous voices shouting from the direction it came from.

Not long after the flames die down, a large number of demons spill out of a door leading into the factory the women had been heading towards. They all turn and run directly towards the purplish aura, not looking back and noticing Mina and the nuns. Mere seconds later however, more exit the building, one a woman followed by others that appear to be stalkers as well as goblins. The woman holds up a hand to the demons, then issues a series of swift commands to them. The demons take another look towards the aura, then move back into the factory, while the woman stands outside in front of the door.

"What in the lord's name was that?" Eloise asks quietly. "Is it safe to keep going, Mina?" Both of the nuns seem scared, but they wait patiently to hear Mina's thoughts.

Archer

Lurker
Former Moderator
Reputation score

Mina stares a moment honestly taken aback by what just happened, "I...I really have no idea what that was but it might have been a lucky break for us. Just stay close and keep up appearances." Mina walked up to the woman standing at the door, "Greetings sister, what trouble is going on? Also may I be allowed entrance for a few moments into your factory?" Mina gave her best sincere smile while glancing at the portal occasionally.

xivvix

Lurker
Reputation score

Tabitha and Eloise hesitate a moment before following Mina, stopping a few feet behind her as she speaks to the woman in front of the factory. Without turning back to look at her, the woman replies, "I don't know. The Destroyer, maybe. We were wondering how long it would take him to find the gate." After a moment she turns around to look at Mina.

Mind: Partial Success

The woman is incredibly attractive and it doesn't take long for Mina to realize she's standing before a succubus. The demoness stares at Mina, then at the women behind her, before her eyebrows narrow and a suspicious tone creeps into her voice. "You smell familiar, but I don't believe we've met. Who are you? And why are you wearing those coverings." She looks past Mina towards Tabitha and Eloise and continues, "These morsels don't look like they've been cowed. Who are you?" The demoness' eyes begin to grow a bright red and long sharp looking nails begin to grow from her fingers.

Archer

Lurker
Former Moderator
Reputation score

Mina chuckled, "It's a simple disguise my friend, you'd be surprised how many poor little frightened people will run up to a nun before they notice she has red eyes." Mina gives her best mischievious giggle. "As for these two this is Eloise, my helpful little guide about town so I don't waste my precious time walking in circles." She walked over to Tabitha and wrapped her arms around her from behind. "And this is Tabitha, I just caught her, isn't she the cutest little thing? Terribly shy though but that just makes her even more darling." Mina's hands gently stroke Tabitha's abdomen before turning her head to steal a kiss causing Tabitha to turn bright red. "I haven't needed to break her, she's much too meek to attempt to flee, plus I think she likes being around me." Mina's embrace turned into a reassuring one around Tabitha's waist, she did think Tabitha was kinda cute, and part of her did want to hit on her even if she was a nun.

"As for myself I'm Mina, I've partaken of your blood and have been wandering around assisting my new sisters."

Last edited: