What's new

Gold and Blood (Archer) (GM = xivvix)

xivvix

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: Gold and Blood (Archer) (GM = xivvix)

Mina's Status: HP = 49, P = 42, EP = 39/55; Pregnant
Though Mina happily welcomes the demon to their group, the others seem less enthusiastic, especially Tabitha who attempts to step away from the creature before Mina grabs her hand. Shaking terribly while looking fearfully at their new companion, she walks obediently besides the mercenary, but protests, "Mina, he's a demon! We can't trust him!" Akah, still staring down the stalker as he walks besides Mina, grunts his agreement, then adds, "It's just one demon. We can take care of him easily." Eloise, on the other hand, voices a concern over a different matter. "I was not swooning!" she cries, her cheeks growing red as she glances at Akah, "And that outfit would look good on me as well!" She stands still, staring at the group for a moment, before bringing her hands to her own outfit and smoothing it out with her hands before hurrying to catch up.

After a few minutes, the group comes to the docks, the stone street giving way to wooden planks. The smell of water and mold is stronger here at the artificially cut inlet than following the river, and Mina can tell that this was once a well used port. Now the wooden walkways extend into the water with only a few ships still tethered nearby. Unfortunately, those that are either seem too damaged to float reliably, or too large for the group to handle. There is, however, one boat that they might be able to use, though boat might be giving it too much credit as it's almost more of a well constructed raft. The boat is simple and not very large, perhaps just big enough for the entire group to squeeze in. A long pole seems to be the only means of propelling it, but it should be enough to get the group across the river.

Archer

Lurker
Former Moderator
Reputation score

Mina looked at the raft a moment, "I want to burden this as little as possible, Eloise and Tabitha can handle the pole, me and Akah can swim behind it to help speed things along and keep from weighing it down, and -you- will behave understood?" She gives a stern look at the demon before taking off her habit disguise and handing it to Tabitha. "How does that work for everyone?"

xivvix

Lurker
Reputation score

Tabitha and Eloise are both surprised by Mina's suggestion of how they would cross the river, though more so by her sudden disrobing. "M-Mina, you can't swim in your c-condition," Tabitha protests, taking the habit while at the same time shielding her eyes. Eloise moves to stand between Mina and the stalker, who had been staring appreciatively, as well as taking a swat at a similarly leering Akah.

The gruff backs away, the clears his throat while turning around. "Perhaps they are right, Mina, maybe you should ride in the boat." While Akah is tired from his torture by the succubus, he eagerly throws the chains off his arms and stretches, looking eager to do something physical. "If we don't want the extra weight, I can take care of him," he adds, waving to the stalker, who growls at the fey.

Despite their protests, the nuns move towards the raft, eager to leave the danger of the factory district, Eloise with one hand on Mina's arm as she continues to shield the mercenary's naked body from view. "Are you sure you want to swim?" she asks. Mina feels she is strong enough to make the swim across the river, even with the imminent birth, but there's always a chance...

Archer

Lurker
Former Moderator
Reputation score

Mina looked at her stomach and sighed, "I suppose you all do have a point, Eloise and Tabitha can take the pole, I'll sit on the front with our new guest and make sure he behaves." She takes the habit back and carefully sits at the front of the raft with the stalker using the habit to cover herself a bit while keeping an eye on the stalker. "You know it'd make things a lot easier if you knew how to talk." She rolled her eyes a bit at the stalker who's eyes were now glued to her. "Akah calm down, if this stalker was that violent he would have forced himself on Tabitha both times he approached us. He's probably in the camp of the demons who are here simply to just to get out of the scorched hell hole that is the demonic realm. Not to start trouble. Really, can you blame him for being drawn to the three most beautiful women in the city?" She grins and winks to the two nuns giggling. "We just look that good, no race can keep their eyes off us."

xivvix

Lurker
Reputation score

Both Tabitha and Eloise giggle at Mina's joke, while each casts nervous glances to the stalker and Akah, respectively. The stalker obediently sits next to Mina, his attention seemingly split between the nude but covered mercenary, and the attractive young nun standing besides him, but generally keeping his hands to himself. Akah grunts as he lowers himself into the water, shivering a bit before adapting to the cold, then pushes the raft off as the nuns help with the poles.

As soon as the small vessel passes into the river proper, the current begins to propel it westwards. With both Tabitha and Eloise straining to use the poles and Akah splashing behind them, the raft makes slow, but steady, progress towards the other bank. Even the stalker, realizing the groups intention, leans forward and attempts to help row with his hands. The sky seems to darken as the group drifts closer to the demonic gate, adding to the tension as the sound of falling water grows louder. Finally, the raft reaches the other bank, their combined efforts pushing the vessel up onto the shore.

Now safely back on land, the group takes the opportunity to rest. The nuns kneel down in the sand, while Akah tiredly drags himself further up to the grass of the nearby forest and drops down onto his back, gasping for air. The stalker leaps out of the boat, then looks back at Mina, one clawed hand extending as if to help her disembark. As soon as she makes to exit the vessel, Mina can feel powerful pangs of pressure on her stomach. It seems the young gargoyle is eager to be free...

Archer

Lurker
Former Moderator
Reputation score

Mina glances around at the group warking together, even the demon trying to pitch in. "So many things in this picture I never thought I'd see." She relaxes the rest of the trip but quickly falls to a knee when the familiar pains hit, "Of course....perfect timing..." Mina grits her teeth before flopping back onto the sand. "Ngh...I have a feeling this is going to be slightly more uncomfortable than that little tentacle blob the first time..." She dug her hands into the beach and took deep breaths starting to push. "Tabitha and Eloise you might not want to look if you easily get squeamish..." Mina groaned out in some minor discomfort as she could feel the gargoyle starting to leave her.

xivvix

Lurker
Reputation score

Ignoring her warning, both of nuns are quick to rush to Mina's side as the birthing starts. Eloise, in particular, seems to be knowledgeable of the act, and helps Mina along, giving her words of encouragement while barking stiff orders to the others. Thankfully for Mina the experience is not quite as painful as she had expected, though this is perhaps due to the demonic origin, and over quickly. She soon hears a familiar screeching sound, as well as a chorus of comforting words from the others, despite a general tendency for them to recoil in horror from the sight of the newborn demon. Mina only gets one look at the small creature, struggling to unfurl it's bat-like wings in the sand, before the strain of giving birth takes control of her and she slips into unconsciousness.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

When Mina comes to, she finds her head balanced in Tabitha's lap, the young nun's sleeping face over her. Looking around, Mina notices that the group has moved away from the beach and had taken to resting in a small patch of forest next to a pond. Eloise dozes nearby, snoring lightly, while Akah paces back and forth while watching the woods. The stalker is nowhere to be seen, though that is their specialty. Unlike on their trip across the river, sunlight seeps in between the branches overhead, signaling that morning has come while Mina slept. The mercenary herself feels well rested and energized, and her body has returned to it's natural shape without her even realizing it.

Mina's Status: HP = 49, P = 42, EP = 55

Archer

Lurker
Former Moderator
Reputation score

Mina wakes up from her uneventful sleep relieved at what she sees. She glances over at Akah pacing around, "Did you get any sleep at all you stubborn goat?" She grins and smiles up at Tabitha as she stirs from the talking. "Morning Tabitha, I'm a tad embarassed that something like that made me pass out, though it was worth waking up to this sight." She gave a small chuckle before sitting up with a groan. "It should only take us a few hours to walk to our destination, when we get there we can all get some well deserved rest." Mina helped the sleepy nun to her feet and let Tabitha rest her head against her. "By the way, what happened to the gargoyle?"

xivvix

Lurker
Reputation score

Akah jumps in surprise at Mina's voice, then grunts and walks over, a smile on his face. "I personally find it hard to rest in a demon infested forest." He kneels at the womens' side and holds a hand out to place on Mina's shoulder. His voice causes the snoozing Eloise to moan softly, before she rolls over and slowly opens her eyes to stare at the trio lazily. Tabitha wakes faster, grinning down at Mina serenely. "Silly. No reason to be embarrassed."

As Mina rises, she notices that she has been dressed already, the nuns habit wrinkled from her having slept in it all night. Tabitha stands with her, blushing slightly as the mercenary pulls the nun's head forward, but not fighting it. Yawning as she stands, Eloise sleepily asks, "Where are we going Mina?" At the stir of activity, the stalker steps into view from the shadows of a group of trees and bushes and comes to stand behind Tabitha, alternating between appraising the nun and glancing at Mina with a look of uncertainty. With another yawn, Eloise walks to the other side of Mina and stands next to Akah, then says, "It flew off. Just a little while after it was born."

Archer

Lurker
Former Moderator
Reputation score

"We're headed to a mansion in the wealthy district. I've been careful to reveal this part...not knowing who was listening, but this entire time I've been working for a demon....countess I suppose you could call her." She puased for the expected shocked reactions, "She's deserted the demons though and has offended the rest of the demon lords pretty badly. This crystal will help her and her small band get out of the city in one piece. I'm considering going with her, I've wandered a long time without meaning, I want to see if demons can be integrated into this world of ours to the point where someone like me is no more surprising than seeing an orc or a gruff." Mina smirked a bit, "I've always enjoyed long odds after all. I'm sure Akah and Jerr will go back to the fey, Akah dragging a pouting and whimpering Jerr away. Once we get to the mansion you and Eloise can decide on what you want to do." Mina leans over and whispers to Tabitha, "I think Eloise will go with Akah, they would make such a cute and stubborn couple." Mina chuckled to herself.

xivvix

Lurker
Reputation score

Both of the nuns gasp in shock as Mina expected, Tabitha even jumping backwards a bit to stare at the mercenary. The movement causes her to bump into the stalker behind her, who quickly takes the opportunity to wrap his clawed hands around the young woman. She squirms in the demon's grasp, who seems to enjoy it immensely, before managing to break free and cling to Mina again. "I-I suppose that makes sense," Eloise says, having fully woken up now, while looking at Akah out of the corner of her eye.

The old gruff grunts and says, "I suppose you still intend to honor your word to it then?" He seems about to argue, then thinks better of it and nods. "Alright then, but that demon, the one who captured me, he seemed quite interested in Mistellah. Finding out where she was. It was what the succubus wanted me to tell her." He clears his throat, then continues, "We'll have to get there fast, before he stumbles across the mansion."

Archer

Lurker
Former Moderator
Reputation score

Mina began to lightly jog to pick up their pace, "Yes Akah, I will keep my end of the deal as I'm sure Mistellah will. She's a demon but no race is immune from differences in alignment. This country is ruled by an undead king full of dark power, while being populated by wonderful people like Eloise and Tabitha. If there is a way to integrate demons into the world that means less incidents like what started this whole thing. I don't dilude myself thinking everything will be perfect but I'll take border skirmishes over periodic multidimentional wars that level entire major cities." Mina scowls a bit, "I just hope we're faster than Dominus."

xivvix

Lurker
Reputation score

With Mina setting the pace, the rest of the group quickly falls in line, traveling south along the river. The lightly wooded area is almost completely silent, making their footfalls stand out. Thankfully, though, no corrupted creatures attack the group and they swiftly make their way to the bridge leading into the city.

The bridge opens onto the wide main street, the familiar buildings, market fronts, and alleyways still speaking of a bustling hub of commerce long gone. Mina can feel the eyes of watchers from the shadows as the group passes through the area towards the rich district, but she can never catch sight of any thing. It isn't until they pass the building where Mina had first met Cherry that she notice a figure standing in a nearby alleyway, watching them. As they move closer, Mina can make out the lusciously curved form of a succubus, though it is not Mistellah.

Archer

Lurker
Former Moderator
Reputation score

Almost on reflex Mina skids to a halt and her swords fly out of her sleeves and she crosses them. "Who are you? Who do you serve?" Mina quickly moves Tabitha behind her, her stance very aggressive towards the mystery demoness. "Answer quickly I do not have time to wait for a long explaination."

xivvix

Lurker
Reputation score

At the sight of Mina's battle ready posture, the succubus holds her hands up submissively. "Kesana! I follow Mistellah!" The nuns cower behind Mina, unsure what to make of the demoness, but Akah stands by her side, ready to fight. The stalker looks over the succubus appraisingly, but soon loses interest in favor of the pleasing quivering of the frightened Tabitha. "She sent me here to wait for you. The mansion is no longer safe. I'm to take you to my mistress at once!"

Archer

Lurker
Former Moderator
Reputation score

Mina grimaces, "I see...the quickly take us to her, we can't delay any longer. Everyone stay close, we have visitors watching us as is..." Mina ran behind the succubus into the alleys keeping her eyes on the rooftops in case anything dropped in.

xivvix

Lurker
Reputation score

The succubus sighs in relief when Mina's stance relaxes, then nods and turns to run down the alleyway, her beautiful rear swaying seductively as she does. She stops at every intersection, peeking around before taking off again. A few times she hisses for the group to be silent for a few moments, then continues. After a while, Mina is sure they have run farther south than the mansion was, but from deep in the canyon created by the high walled buildings, she can't be quite sure where she is.

The group travels for some time, the succubus leading them down a twisting and turning path down the various alleys and side streets, always avoiding larger streets. Every so often, the keen-eyed mercenary makes out the forms of patrolling demons, her group staying just out of sight. Unfortunately, their luck doesn't last. As they pass a small market square, Mina hears a cry of alarm, followed by angry snarls. The succubus yells, "They've spotted us! Run!" and picks up speed, no longer checking at the intersections for safety. The buildings pass by in a blur, and Mina begins to wonder if they will ever find Mistellah. Behind them, the group giving chase grows larger, the sound of only a few pursuers growing steadily with each street passed. Finally, the group bursts out into an open area, overlooking the river that has now turned and makes up the southern border of the city. Another port sits in the water, just as before, but a number of large vessels sit tied to the docks.

"Come on!" Kesana yells, continuing to run forward. "The Mistress's ship is right there!" At first, Mina has no idea which ship the succubus is running towards, but suddenly she spots a white ship with a stalker peeking it's head over the side. From behind, Mina hears a familiar voice yell, "There's no where for you to run, worms! Surrender and I might allow you to live as slaves to the goblins!"

Archer

Lurker
Former Moderator
Reputation score

Mina actually breathed a sigh of relief as she heard the voice booming behind them, if Dominus was behind them that meant that he was not before them. "Quickly everyone onto the boat!" Mina let everyone get on the boat before her blade swung through the air, the energy from it slicing the gangplank and mooring lines letting the boat start to drift away before she leapt onto the deck. She turned to face the still oncoming group. "Dominus! Let this be a message from everyone on this boat!" She held up her hand, "You......" A ball of energy began to form. "And the rest of the demonic heirarchy......" A stiff wind seemed to blow towards Mina. "CAN GO TO HELL! UWAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!" She lunged forward screaming as a bolt issues from her hand, the force of firing it pushing the boat farther from the shore. Anything the bolt passed as it screamed through the air was torn apart in it's wake, it seemed single minded in it's purpose...and destination. The sheer force alone of it's impact into Dominus shattered the buildings nearby before the energy erupted, utterly annihilating Dominus and everything behind him for several blocks before disappating, the only evidence left of the demon lord being the point where the crater began.

Mina slowly slumped to her knees, her habit tumbling off revealing streaks of white in her brilliant red hair showing that she had put everything she was into the attack, risking her own life to make sure that Dominus' pursuit of the people she wanted to protect ended at this moment. "I did it......everyone is safe. I was able to keep my promise. I can rest at ease now...." She closed her eyes smiling as she fell forward onto the deck looking at her stunned companions as she lost conciousness and everything turned dark.

(Since it's the end I wanted to try to go out with a bang. :D )

xivvix

Lurker
Reputation score

(nice ;))

The shock of the energy blast pushes the ship away from the dock and out into the water, but it also sends Mina and the others sprawling onto the ship's lacquered wooden floor. By the time she returns to her feet and surveys the damage done by her attack, the damage has been done. Where once stood a mass of advancing demons, was now nothing more than a void, a circle of ground where all things inside of it had been turned to ash. Even the walls and interiors of the nearby buildings were sheered off cleanly, marking the exact extent of the damage. Dominus, his booming voice, and his never-ending arrogance, was nowhere to be seen.

"Mina!" the mercenary hears, a second before a weight crashes again her back and soft hands wrap around her breasts. "I'm soooo glad your back!" It doesn't take Mina long to recognize the voice, hands, and insistent jumping up and down bordering on dry humping belonged to the demon corrupted girl, Cherry. "I was the boss, just like you said, and now we're all on daddy's boat, and I'm so happy!" The giddy girl's jumping ceases just as Mina feels the familiar presence of seductive, yet authoritative Mistress Mistellah.

"Mina," the succubus says in a calm, but still alluring voice, "That was most impressive." Mistellah walks to stand before the mercenary, a grin on her face, then continues, "But I fear we have larger concerns than that loud mouthed fool. We're drifting rather uncontrollably down the river. Did you bring the key?" As soon as Mina hands the crystal over, Mistellah in turn hands it to a thin, light skinned stalker who had appeared without her noticing. The demon runs quickly down a covered staircase leading into the interior of the ship, and only a few moments later, the ship, which had been rocking slightly and beginning to spin in a circle in the water, suddenly rights itself and points straight down the river.

With the floor underneath them now as solid as bare earth, Mistellah's grin widens into a beaming smile and she leans in towards Mina, drawing her into a tight hug. "I knew I could count on you, Mina." After a few moments, the succubus pulls back, then looks at Tabitha, Eloise, Akah, and the stalker from the factory. "And you never cease to bring me such attractive guests."

Archer

Lurker
Former Moderator
Reputation score

Mina smirks and nods, "The stalker followed us home from the factory, the other two are Tabitha and Eloise, two nuns I met in the cathedral. I told them that once we're out of the city they can do as they please. Akah will probably wish to return to the fey no doubt and drag his reluctant sidekick home too." She messed up Cherry's hair a bit, "Well I promised you if you behaved and helped out that I'd play with you, erm first though Tabitha and I could use a room to trade clothes in. I kinda borrowed her's to disguise myself as a dark nun, and I'll be damned it worked flawlessly..." Mina laughed and rubbed the back of her neck finally relaxing for the first time in days with a sigh. "I'm sure Tabitha would like to get out of those dancing clothes finally."