The Dark God Of Lesbians and Memes
Reputation score
Re: Hate Thread

I hate jobs that don't let you use the restroom till it's your break. >.>

Paladox

Tentacle God
Reputation score

In that respect, hack'n'slash is really just a more weaponized version of the beat'em'up genre. Mechanically very similar.
I would consider Bayonetta, DMC, etc.. to be beat-em-up too. Anything where you just sit there mashing your buttons like crazy. Also known as button mashers.
Aside from the newfangled 3D and different perspective there's actually very little that separates these games from older titles like Battletoads and Double Dragon.

One of the most memorable things about Bayonetta (aside from all those skimpy, almost revealing but never quite doing so moments) is actually that level that paid homage to Space Harrier. That was some sweet nostalgia. :D

There's another distinction with these types of titles. Action Adventure. The first DMC could be considered this, but often sequels will completely kill any sense of adventure (like DMC, Resident Evil, etc..).

It's sad really, because I'd pick an adventure game any day over an action title. Do I want to explore a mansion at my leisure, going from room to room solving puzzles, while collecting 10 special keys? Or do I want to go on a set path (from room 1 to 10, with no option of going back) while having to kill hundreds of monsters? Eh. Monster killing is a bit cliche at this point.. I'll take the puzzle option. :D

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I hate jobs that don't let you use the restroom till it's your break. >.>
If you're working in a factory, that's somewhat understandable - especially if you're moving stuff from a production line. If nobody's there, things are gonna pile up and fall off, causing damages to the employer.

If you're working a desk job, though? Absolutely, fuck that shit.

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

I hate you. Find an actual way to contribute instead of just spamming your 15 posts so you can make a link, ya spammy fuck

dragoon93041

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I hate my misplaced hope.

I looked at Sinfest. I looked a little back and saw some hope. Yeah, the Sisterhood was still around and yeah, it was still a little preachy but it wasn't as terrible as it had been. And then I saw this panel:

ARGH! $^@#@!

B00marrows

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I hate my misplaced hope.

I looked at Sinfest. I looked a little back and saw some hope. Yeah, the Sisterhood was still around and yeah, it was still a little preachy but it wasn't as terrible as it had been. And then I saw this panel:

ARGH! $^@#@!
I have no fucking clue what you are saying or that comic series is about or whats going on in it.
I fucking hate that feeling.

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

They're more properly Spectacle Fighters.
Correct, but then we're getting a bit TOO precise for the general masses
If you REALLY want an example of a pure hack'n'slash, I'd say something like Golden Axe is probably more accurate. In that respect, hack'n'slash is really just a more weaponized version of the beat'em'up genre. Mechanically very similar.
Exactly, hack'n'slash is just beat'em'up with weapons. Does playing diablo feel like playing double dragon in any way?

I would consider Bayonetta, DMC, etc.. to be beat-em-up too. Anything where you just sit there mashing your buttons like crazy. Also known as button mashers.
Bullshit, just because you don't have the reflexes or hand-eye coordination to do anything besides mash buttons frantically, doesn't mean that's the way everyone plays these games.

Aside from the newfangled 3D and different perspective there's actually very little that separates these games from older titles like Battletoads and Double Dragon.
At the base, you're close to right. But given the amount that the depth of the mechanics has increased, something just doesn't add up.

It's sad really, because I'd pick an adventure game any day over an action title. Do I want to explore a mansion at my leisure, going from room to room solving puzzles, while collecting 10 special keys? Or do I want to go on a set path (from room 1 to 10, with no option of going back) while having to kill hundreds of monsters? Eh. Monster killing is a bit cliche at this point.. I'll take the puzzle option. :D
And here's where you lose me, you're really starting to sound like a gaming elitist. I'll give you points for not being one of those 'git gud' fucks and managing to be at the opposite end of the spectrum though, that's rather rare.

B00marrows

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Exactly, hack'n'slash is just beat'em'up with weapons. Does playing diablo feel like playing double dragon in any way?
When i think "hack'n'slash" i think balders gate dark alliance on the ps2/gamecube.
weapon base beat em up

Where as diablo is a ARPG beacuse it more pointy-clicky-stabby and less smashy-smashy

Bullshit, just because you don't have the reflexes or hand-eye coordination to do anything besides mash buttons frantically, doesn't mean that's the way everyone plays these games.
Agreed, while i have never been any good at them i KNOW that reflexes and co-ordination is what i lack to play some games properly as im observent enough to notice it, i hate it.

Zepheral

Reputation score

I hate the yearly price for online service on a console. 50 dollars to use my internet on psn. >.>

I guess p.c is the master race, but building it sucks.

I hate my sleep schedule, I hate hate hate people asking me on the phone to donate $20 a month for whatever they ask for. The second you say no, they make up a sob story or make you feel bad."These people are suffering and you can't donated 20 measly dollars to help them." How about you choke on " " , and stick " " in your ear. :mad:

Last edited:

lurker

Hentai Master
Reputation score

Welp, I hate Youtube's recent shenanigans. And after this, you should too!

Paladox

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I hate my sleep schedule, I hate hate hate people asking me on the phone to donate $20 a month for whatever they ask for. The second you say no, they make up a sob story or make you feel bad."These people are suffering and you can't donated 20 measly dollars to help them." ...
Never been a fan of "charity" organizations. Just hang up and don't let them waste your time. I much prefer the charities that you can donate specific items for, because at least then you know every dollar is going to the intended purpose (rather than paying all the charity workers' living and exotic travel expenses). Also not a fan of Goodwill. From what I've seen on eBay they treat donated items with little to no respect.

I'm not saying they're all bad, and I'm sure a lot of them do a lot of good work, but honestly.. I think a lot of charity workers are just in it for the free travel, free food, free clothes, and a good time. My apologies to those who are offended if you don't actually take advantage of these things.

Zepheral

Reputation score

I hate that the anime you wanna finish is no longer available.

dragoon93041

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I hate when you start an anime or manga and think it is pretty good and then look and find that the last chapter/episode was released 5 years ago and the status is not concluded.

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Or when that manga comes back and Kubo has decided that the protagonist is half shinigami half hollow and half quincey... and then expects you to believe that he planned it all along.

dragoon93041

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Heh. I was talking to someone who insisted that Bleach ended after the Aizen arc... and I couldn't really think of any development that I liked enough to really disagree on that kind of thinking. Just have the last chapter happen after Ichigo returns to the human world and ignore anything connected to the ridiculous Quincy-god-thing.

Zepheral

Reputation score

Heh. I was talking to someone who insisted that Bleach ended after the Aizen arc... and I couldn't really think of any development that I liked enough to really disagree on that kind of thinking. Just have the last chapter happen after Ichigo returns to the human world and ignore anything connected to the ridiculous Quincy-god-thing.
I'm still mad he married to orehime and not rukia. I'm like wtf. Plus he never used bankai in the end.

Paladox

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I think it's perfectly acceptable to only accept a comic books / TV series, etc.. up to the point where you no longer have interest in it.

The Simpsons only lasted about 10 seasons. :)

Well I guess some of them might have been OK after that, but it's very much hit or miss. Most of the later ones I tried watching are more boring than attemping to watch an unopened can of paint dry up.

It's like the difference between watching a cute cartoon and a strange adult sitcom with poor taste in humor.

Reaper875

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I hate that the anime you wanna finish is no longer available.
I could not agree more with you on that one. So many good anime have been cancelled or just not been concluded yet...