What's new

Cappy

Reputation score
Re: Hate Thread

I'm just responding way late, and everybody talking about the resolution of issues is wrong, I hate to be stereotypical but there is a prominent example that proves this wrong. The strongest form of power is a display of the people en masse when the truth is out, a good example being Ghandi's way of first catching the public's attention then guiding them to a small act of rebellion that in the larger picture turned into the problem though entirely legal and peaceful in it's making was completely unacceptable for the government.

If you have leader figures who have half a brain and aren't *just* butthurt extremists, and the public is united enough that they're thinking something even vaguely similar about the state of the country, something can be done quickly and effectively without violence. You just have to spend time thinking and talking without it just being endless complaints, demands, or buzzwords, too bad that's all the endless stream of trashy social studies college grads seem to know.

Bobtheme

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Can't stand headaches.... Fucking hate anything that causes pain in my head.

Yoshiiki

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Can't stand headaches.... Fucking hate anything that causes pain in my head.
Ouch... I know that pain. Had to deal with constant headache for almost half of my life. Atmospheric pressure jumping up and down like crazy was a reason. Moving to city build on flats solved it...
That feel when after some time something bothering you for so long just disappears...

Shit... I hate that I don't have anyone anymore to play tabletop rpgs with... Just sit down with people and play, face to face... And with every year it looks like I won't play any in next decade or even at all... Fucking, hate this.

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

I'm just responding way late, and everybody talking about the resolution of issues is wrong, I hate to be stereotypical but there is a prominent example that proves this wrong. The strongest form of power is a display of the people en masse when the truth is out, a good example being Ghandi's way of first catching the public's attention then guiding them to a small act of rebellion that in the larger picture turned into the problem though entirely legal and peaceful in it's making was completely unacceptable for the government.

If you have leader figures who have half a brain and aren't *just* butthurt extremists, and the public is united enough that they're thinking something even vaguely similar about the state of the country, something can be done quickly and effectively without violence. You just have to spend time thinking and talking without it just being endless complaints, demands, or buzzwords, too bad that's all the endless stream of trashy social studies college grads seem to know.
Bullets and bombs work faster. Period. 2 guys with LMGS and enough ammo could've stopped ghandi & crew like *that*.

dragoon93041

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Ouch... I know that pain. Had to deal with constant headache for almost half of my life. Atmospheric pressure jumping up and down like crazy was a reason. Moving to city build on flats solved it...
That feel when after some time something bothering you for so long just disappears...

Shit... I hate that I don't have anyone anymore to play tabletop rpgs with... Just sit down with people and play, face to face... And with every year it looks like I won't play any in next decade or even at all... Fucking, hate this.
Yeah, the best I can do is online. I've tried recruiting IRL and even joined a game but they all peter out really fast. At least online you get a constant inflow of players. Eventually you get a few to stick. Hopefully.

Yoshiiki

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Yeah, the best I can do is online. I've tried recruiting IRL and even joined a game but they all peter out really fast. At least online you get a constant inflow of players. Eventually you get a few to stick. Hopefully.
Problem with online is that, you can't see other players. From GM's perspective it gets hard as I can't read their faces and what they may be up to, so tweaking what's happening and expecting their moves gets a little bit hard. But, biggest downside of online, from what people tell me, is that my NPCs loose their thing. Without gesticulation, mix of body language, words, acting in general, my npcs do get "meh". Same goes for player's characters...
Tried also with video chat... still nah.
Nothing can beat sitting at the same table...
Fuck this shit, I hate not being able to play >_>

Hentaispider

Lord of the Tap Dance \oO.Oo/ (And Reputation Mana
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

Bullets and bombs work faster. Period. 2 guys with LMGS and enough ammo could've stopped ghandi & crew like *that*.
Yeah, see how well that's working out in Syria.

Cappy

Reputation score

If they had killed Ghandi with guns they would have had a revolt on their hands more immense than Greece. You are fucking insane if you think they could have dealt with Ghandi any way other than secretly, and good luck keeping that a secret when at the time in question, all eyes were on him.

Furthermore, if you try to stop a marching group of thousands of people with two automatic weapons, you might kill a fuck-ton of people, but you aren't likely to survive, at least according to the people I've spoken to here that worked in the military during Apartheid, who, you know, actually have experience fending off tens of thousands of people outnumbering them with lesser weaponry. If you'd ever faced down a crowd of bloodthirsty people, you might realize that it's fucking terrifying, and that nobody in their right mind would do it intentionally unless they're ready to die. Furthermore, that actually happened in one or two cases of Apartheid, now let me ask you, did the fucking Boer government win? Not only did they not win, but the incidents are immortalized as humans rights abuses in documentaries and full feature length films. You are talking absolute shit.

Last edited:

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Did you just bring up the white people that routinely claim to be better than other white people? I'm sorry but in my experience the Boer are... less than respectable.

I refuse to believe a meat wall can win against full-auto death . Just spray, prayer unnecessary. Figure between the 200 and 800 RPM and don't worry about your barrel melting because you don't need to aim. And that's a 30 year old weapon.

Syria is a completely different situation, both sides have been backed (and more importantly supplied) by powers outside the nation from the beginning.

dragoon93041

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I hate the people who believe that they are right because they act nihilistic and cynical. Like saying violence is the best way to do stuff. It's not cool, it's not "edgy" it's just kind of annoying. Violence worked in some situations and didn't work in others. Gandhi achieved some of his goals through non-violence. Why bother to say that he could have been gunned down?

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Just argue with me already.

Stuffie

TouchFluffyEars
Reputation score

*snip*

Just argue with me already.

I swear, I recently read a scientific paper, written by a professor from Harvard University or something, that clearly and unquestionably states it is easier to just shoot people with a machine gun. The paper was released to the public in a forum on the internet, which only boosts its trustability. As if anyone would dare to post false information on the worldwide web, right?

Zepheral

The Dark God Of Lesbians and Memes
Reputation score

Think about it whats really easier? To sway someone with a mutual hate and opposing views to do what you want, or just kill them? If someone beat the living daylights out of you and killed your family, and this person has a long history of killing people, will you and society change his ways? I kinda doubt it.

Human society has a long history of killing people they didn't like, and it's never gonna stop. Humanity strive for peace yet they yearn for violence. Humanity is the most backwards piece of doodoo butter species yet. Look at me, instead of agreeing with you, i'm ranting against your view and someone else will rant against my view calling me a troll or something they can think of with their shitty brain.

Killing is not bad nor is it good, it is what you make it seem. Why do we continued to do this cycle of conflict, cause we are humans.

Now here's to make you all happy. :3

Stuffie

TouchFluffyEars
Reputation score

Think about it whats really easier? To sway someone with a mutual hate and opposing views to do what you want, or just kill them? If someone beat the living daylights out of you and killed your family, and this person has a long history of killing people, will you and society change his ways? I kinda doubt it.

Human society has a long history of killing people they didn't like, and it's never gonna stop. Humanity strive for peace yet they yearn for violence. Humanity is the most backwards piece of doodoo butter species yet. Look at me, instead of agreeing with you, i'm ranting against your view and someone else will rant against my view calling me a troll or something they can think of with their shitty brain.

Killing is not bad nor is it good, it is what you make it seem. Why do we continued to do this cycle of conflict, cause we are humans.
Wh-what the hell? A serious, meaningful post by Zepheral? What witchcraft is this!? And there's not even one image of a lesb-

...aaah yes, there we go. It's the true Zeph after all. :D

I don't even want to discuss topics like politics, governments and religion on forums. I just saw the opportunity to use a meme gif and a smartass-counter on the old pirate. But I'm sure I didn't hurt the ol' scurvey buccaneer. :p

Zepheral

The Dark God Of Lesbians and Memes
Reputation score

Wh-what the hell? A serious, meaningful post by Zepheral? What witchcraft is this!? And there's not even one image of a lesb-

...aaah yes, there we go. It's the true Zeph after all. :D
Lol, :p

Cappy

Reputation score

Did you just bring up the white people that routinely claim to be better than other white people? I'm sorry but in my experience the Boer are... less than respectable.
There were a fuck ton of supremacists on the face of the planet during the 50s, and believe it or not, just because you're "white" doesn't mean you're of the same race, boers and brits have different attitudes and tendencies, so that caused some conflict. Another thing to consider, the temptation to judge somebody based on their nationality or group affiliation becomes 600% more tempting the moment members of that group tend to do that towards *your* group, and both Boers AND the British who made up like 99% of the white population had very strong nationalistic tendencies; The brits cus they had mostly been that way historically, and the boers were literally pioneers who had voluntarily broken contact with the Dutch populace due to issues that had lead to mutual alienation.

Because they both had strong feelings about how social conduct should be done, and a strong sense of pride that could only be interpreted as the right to rule, it lead to immense amounts of resentment on both sides, especially when the British started putting afrikaaners in concentration camps. I'm gonna go ahead and say as a South African citizen, that popular claims all those years ago of being the "superior whites" while not savory at all, are as contextually justified as that sort of behavior gets. People don't seem to understand, that the Boers historically were always initially peaceful, they even bought land fairly from the Zulus, but when the tribe changed leaders, the new leader decided he didn't like the whites and wanted to ambush them, the boer settlers never ever forgave the ambush that killed their negotiators, and it turned them into monsters for awhile. That has literally nothing to do with the people alive today, they are different the same way that people in the "Deep American South" are different from the confederates, I don't know where you get your info on modern Afrikaans people.

That being said, nobody who was a male white south african citizen was excluded from the drafts, and they had an effective military. Whether or not their near genocidal shooting incidents were "victories" or "defeats" in terms of casualties the result was the same, foreign nations turned their heads at the release of documentaries detailing the incidents, and decided that small groups of white guys with guns mowing down huge amounts of black people was highly unsavoury, even if there was a part about the huge amounts of black people being the ones who were charging forward in a way that could only be interpreted as violently beforehand. After the international controversy, apartheid had to be put to an end. The people who bring out two dudes with automatic guns to mow down unarmed crowds generally win the battle and lose the war, slicer, you would make a bad general.

Last edited:

Termite

A bug
RP Moderator
Reputation score

1st thought: That's gonna be a bitch to get out of their fur.

2nd thought: Is chocolate safe for anthroes?

3rd thought: The fuck am I thinking about?